Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buffet recomendations

"This seems to have moved on to Sunday buffets"

Doesn't have to be Sunday buffets!  Got any good ideas for all other buffets?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here in Pattaya now and have been to the place two Sundays in a row . There's a board out the front advertising the price .

Fair enough. At that price it cant be beaten by anything that I know of. I will go and look at it next week (I find that with most buffets you can tell by looking at the food whether it's worth trying or not).

What did they improve?

I didn't go there again after they just offered a cheap Mozzarella as a cheese, decreased the quality in general and increased the price.

They still have that cardboard "Mozzarella", but the other day they had an extremely nice ham. They have enlarged the selection of breads also, and now present them in individually labelled baskets. I was happy with it.

If you want to see photos check out Barstools 332 thread in Pattaya expatts section.

I found some photos in that very long thread. Maybe they were taken at the end of the serving time but the food didn't look very attractive at all. The veg looked overcooked and I couldn't see Yorkshire puddings or roast potatoes, and the gravy looked like wallpaper paste except that good wallpaper paste doesn't have a skin on it. As Tony Hancock said, "at least my mother's gravy used to move about a bit".

From the pictures I think I would rather pay extra to eat elsewhere. Still, certainly worth checking out in person at opening time so thanks for the info.

You can't eat pictures and they weren't taken by the photographer from house and garden. I knew when I posted this snippet of info there would be some moaners come out but not this many. By the way six of us sat down for the meal and and not one complaint . But for those that criticise before they see,no problem. Won't bother passing info like this again

You can't eat pictures and they weren't taken by the photographer from house and garden. I knew when I posted this snippet of info there would be some moaners come out but not this many. By the way six of us sat down for the meal and and not one complaint . But for those that criticise before they see,no problem. Won't bother passing info like this again

Some people really are touchy. Which part of "still, certainly worth checking out in person at opening time so thanks for the info" wasn't clear?

As for six people sitting down to eat and enjoying it, every day millions of people happily eat at places like KFC and McDo. But would I join them there? No. There are dozens of other very popular eating places here that I would never go to at any price as they simply are not good enough.

"those that criticise before they see"

We're asking to see some good pics of the food!  Got any? (anyone)

Opening time is always the best time to hit buffets.  Obviously.  I try to arrive 5-10mins before opening time!

Over in Jomtien on Sat/Sun Akavit has a nice spread about 300/350 one drink included,and after you can walk it off at the beach.It's on the BB route too.

Yes, Aqvavit is another buffet I've read about and want to visit.  Scandinavian Thai food (??), Sat and Sun, 12noon start and B335 cost.

Oishi is another http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/298943-oishi-japanese-buffet-at-the-avenue-mall/ , not cheap but IMO worth a try

Has anyone been to the Bella Express buffet (apparently cheap at B200?? from 6pm-7pm), near Leng Kee restaurant?

http://pattayaguide.org/bella-express-buffet

I would say more Western/Thai but they always have Swedish meatballs and Lingeon{SP} berrys and some killer pickles and beets.I think the owner is from Norway?They have a salad, cold cuts ham/turkey great bread  different mains and sides.While worth a stop,they just need to put out some good mustard.

Has anyone been to the Bella Express buffet (apparently cheap at B200?? from 6pm-7pm), near Leng Kee restaurant?

Yes. Best get there before opening time and be prepared to join the scrum with hundreds of south Asian tourists.

For me it was one of those places where one look was all I needed to do a u-turn.

Bella Express - oh sorry, I haven't been there and yes, it did look a lot like the usual big hotel buffet.  It is cheap though.....   The reduced price for 6-7pm suggested to me that it wasn't very full then.  Apologies, it was just an idea!

• 1 month later...

Yes, Aqvavit is another buffet I've read about and want to visit. Scandinavian Thai food (??), Sat and Sun, 12noon start and B335 cost.

Oishi is another http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/298943-oishi-japanese-buffet-at-the-avenue-mall/ , not cheap but IMO worth a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVUbiwr2lw

http://pattayaguide.org/bella-express-buffet

I think that the bella express no longer does the buffet due to lack of custom

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think that the bella express no longer does the buffet due to lack of custom

Well it was probably never much of a buffet for quality, but it's kind of surprising that its completely shut down since isn't it part of a good-sized hotel?  Maybe tourist numbers in that hotel right now are really low, or maybe the tourists are being taken out to Isaan buffets in the evening??

most of the falang food is shite...thais can not cook good falang food..

most of the falang food is shite...thais can not cook good falang food..

Then why not go to a restaurant with a "farang" chef?

Archived