IGNORED

Buffet recomendations

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there are others, but you might try the Hilton.  A little expensive, but from my experience, they have the best variety of food.

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/media/hi/BKKHPHI/en_US/pdf/en_BKKHPHI_Edge7Days7Themes_July_2015.pdf

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Made in Italy 

Starts about 6:00 or 6:30 or 7:00 on Fridays only. It's not that I don't remember, the starting time changes.  Only lasts a few hours.

Most Fridays but not all Fridays.

Jomtien 2nd road across from Rompho Market (near Soi 5)

300 baht.

Lots of antipasto, pizza, two pastas, a meat dish, and a delicious dessert.

Italian ingredients as the place is a store selling Italian ingredients.

Food is very rich. Come hungry.

If you come late, stuff will be gone and it will take a long time to replenish (if done). 

Great value. 

You can book groups.

Plenty on Central Festival 5th Floor. All around 300-350 baht. I don't bother with those overpriced 600 baht buffets.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sabushi

I think in that mall by the Hilton, one of the upper floors (it's been 4 years)?  Probably some others around Pattaya (I've been to 3-4 in Bangkok).

All you can eat within the time limit (45 or 60 minutes?), conveyor belt with hot pot stuff put in your soup (pot and cooker built into your table) and sushi.

I can't help that much as I don't really eat a huge amount in one sitting - despite my size!

The only buffet I tried in Pattaya was the brunch buffet at Casa Pascal. Think it's about 250 baht - though may have gone up again.

It was OK and you can get your money's worth if you order some items like pancakes & omelettes which are included but cooked to order.

I'm not sure if someone said it now ends at noon instead of 2pm?

If so, it's a bit of a pain.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Sabushi

I think in that mall by the Hilton, one of the upper floors (it's been 4 years)? Probably some others around Pattaya (I've been to 3-4 in Bangkok).

All you can eat within the time limit (45 or 60 minutes?), conveyor belt with hot pot stuff put in your soup (pot and cooker built into your table) and sushi.

That mall is Central Festival... 5th floor. Most are 1.5 to 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are others, but you might try the Hilton.  A little expensive, but from my experience, they have the best variety of food.

The Hilton buffets are OK for the price but they are beaten hands-down by the more expensive (and extensive) Royal Cliff (Saturday evenings) and the Amari (Sunday lunch).

Buffets here go from 200B (120B for breakfast) to 2000B. How much does the OP want to spend?

Money isn't a problem if the food is nice. Not some thing I do everyday just Occassionaly like to treat my self

Will give the Hilton ago and enjoy the roof top bar as well

Are there any particular things that you like?

If money isnt a problem then just go to the Royal Cliff or the Amari. Both are much better than the Hilton at lunchtime, though they do cost 3 or 4 times as much. Other good ones are the Dusit and the Sheraton. There's no doubt that the Hilton is good value for weekday lunch and it is the only one of those that does a daily buffet. In the evening it is twice the price but I suspect that they do spend at least twice as much on the ingredients.

I like Siam@Siam for a reasonably-priced evening buffet, which they do every day.

Cherries isn't bad for the price and is always popular.

For real value go to Bangkok where big hotel buffet prices are often a lot lower than they are here for the same quality. Only thing worth going to Bangkok for!

Are there any particular things that you like?

If money isnt a problem then just go to the Royal Cliff or the Amari. Both are much better than the Hilton at lunchtime, though they do cost 3 or 4 times as much. Other good ones are the Dusit and the Sheraton. There's no doubt that the Hilton is good value for weekday lunch and it is the only one of those that does a daily buffet. In the evening it is twice the price but I suspect that they do spend at least twice as much on the ingredients.

I like Siam@Siam for a reasonably-priced evening buffet, which they do every day.

Cherries isn't bad for the price and is always popular.

For real value go to Bangkok where big hotel buffet prices are often a lot lower than they are here for the same quality. Only thing worth going to Bangkok for!

FYI, no more Sheraton. It is InterContinental under IHG now. 

FYI, no more Sheraton. It is InterContinental under IHG now. 

Very true. I'm an IHG shareholder but old habits die hard. :wink:  

• 1 month later...

I ate at the Hilton lunch buffet today which was Tex/Mex and the only thing I would recommend was the cakes and fruit.  For 720 baht with water and a coke it was NOT worth it.  I don't expect it to be authentic but I do expect it to be edible and I tried everything hoping to find something but didn't.  

Once the chinese horde showed up it was time to leave...I was looking for the prawn attack so I could video and put on youtube but they didn't do it.

I'd go for the all you can eat bbq's which are many slightly off the beaten track. Even better when you take a BF so she can do the cooking. I've normally got my hands full with a large Leo

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I ate at the Hilton lunch buffet today which was Tex/Mex and the only thing I would recommend was the cakes and fruit.  For 720 baht with water and a coke it was NOT worth it.  I don't expect it to be authentic but I do expect it to be edible and I tried everything hoping to find something but didn't.  

In their defence you probably went on the worst day as far as the themes go. The Tuesday Mediterranean theme is much better, for example.

Both Mex and Tex/Mex food seem to be dreadful in most places here.

Tex Mex Buffet at Beefeater's in the Soi Diana Arcade is quite good, probably about 350 baht by now. Saturday and Sunday noon to 4 pm.

What day is Tex mex at Hilton?

Monday...will post pic of the different days when I can.

Try one of the Thai all you can eat buffets, moo ka ta, 199 baht. They are around town. Cook it yourself at the table. The tgf loves them.

Archived