Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premiership Football 2016/17

jocky king

Hello Lads , starting a new thread of Premiership Football 2016/17 . Leicester City , the champion , will try to retain the title , can they ? Depend if they retain top class players and buy a few top class players . They will be busy with Champion !eague 2016/17 , they need a bigger squad to cope the busy schedules . There will be no favourite to win the next season . Liverpool , United , City and Chelsea will be challenging for the title with new boss , their board and their fans demand the title . Meaning that two of those clubs will lose jobs if wins nothing . Mourinho getting £36m three year contract is crazy, IMO . Mayb there will be another shock like Leicester did . Hull , Burnely and Middlesborough are newcomers to replace Aston Villa , Newcastle and Norwich . I think the premiership title is getting harder to win because every clubs get the fair share of the money pot . Over £150 m each . I think Liverpool will do well next season , Klopp had brought the old spirit back even though they lost two finals . I don't know about Chelsea (Conte) , City (Pep) and United (Mourinho ) they have to start all over again with new plans , sometimes the new plans don't work . Arsenal still have the same old boss ,Wenger , Amazing that the board still have faith in him even though they win nothing this season . Everton has yet to find a new boss will have to get something special if they want to win or to be in the top four . Transfers will be busy this season , crazy buy , loans etc . Best of luck to whoever you support .. :)

Leicester

Arsenal

Spurs

Man City

Man Utd

Southampton

West Ham

Liverpool

Stoke

Chelsea

Everton

Swansea

Watford

West Brom

Crystal Palace

Bournemouth

Sunderland

Burnley

Middlesbrough

Hull

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread will pick up after the Euros. Excited for the new season, a season of galactico bosses more than the players. expect a few hard touchline brushes, no quarter asked, none given.

................................................................................................................

Read in the news that some organization did an analysis of all the referees decisions in the BPL matches and came to the conclusion that Arsenal would have won the BPL title instead of Leicester had the referees been consistent in their decision making.

Read in the news that some organization did an analysis of all the referees decisions in the BPL matches and came to the conclusion that Arsenal would have won the BPL title instead of Leicester had the referees been consistent in their decision making.

Bollocks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Well done Jocky.

image.jpeg

Welcome to the Premiership football 2016/17 thread , What club do you support . ? :)

Early odds on Betfair...subject to a lot of change with a summer of transfers ahead...

City 9/4

Utd 9/2

Arsenal 6/1

Chelsea 15/2

Spurs 8/1

Liverpool 9/1

Leicester 27/1

A case could be made for any of the top 6...looks wide open..but if season were to start tomorrow, I'd be backing Liverpool...absence of European football a big help

Like the signing of Xhaka for Arsenal...they've been crying out for a leader in the middle of the park and in the dressing room...and if they get Morata from Juve, their other glaring need is covered...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

Early odds on Betfair...subject to a lot of change with a summer of transfers ahead...

City 9/4

Utd 9/2

Arsenal 6/1

Chelsea 15/2

Spurs 8/1

Liverpool 9/1

Leicester 27/1

A case could be made for any of the top 6...looks wide open..but if season were to start tomorrow, I'd be backing Liverpool...absence of European football a big help

Like the signing of Xhaka for Arsenal...they've been crying out for a leader in the middle of the park and in the dressing room...and if they get Morata from Juve, their other glaring need is covered...

Leicester at 27/1 thought they should be 50-100/1 , City price are too short as well with the squad they have now , thought they should be 4-6/1 ... Thinks Liverpool price is very good . United , Chelsea , Spurs and Arsenal got the price about right . You were right about absent of European football will help Liverpool and don't forget Chelsea too . Thinks Leicester will have a tough season with European football , they may cope with them .

Leicester at 27/1 thought they should be 50-100/1 , City price are too short as well with the squad they have now , thought they should be 4-6/1 ... Thinks Liverpool price is very good . United , Chelsea , Spurs and Arsenal got the price about right . You were right about absent of European football will help Liverpool and don't forget Chelsea too . Thinks Leicester will have a tough season with European football , they may cope with them .

Couldn't agree more...the Guardiola effect has squeezed City's odds too far. I think Pep needs to overhaul the back 4 (only Kompany is top class but he has serious trouble staying fit) and add some star quality in midfield (Pogba, Kroos, Gundogan???) to push them ahead of the competition

I'm guessing mid-table for this year's Cinderella team given the busier schedule and higher expectations...should probably be a similar price to West Ham and Southampton?

Hooray beer!

COYS!!!

Didn't know you were a Swans fan ;-)

I'd like to see Wenger win it before retiring.

At the moment I don't know who will be Everton's new manager but I am optimistic about next season.  WE have a good squad of players with some good young talent coming through.  And when we get a new manager we should buy in some new players to strength our squad.

I think we will have a good seasoon

I'd like to see Wenger win it before retiring.

Arsenal are, literally, the last team I want to win the PL next season.

At the moment I don't know who will be Everton's new manager but I am optimistic about next season. WE have a good squad of players with some good young talent coming through. And when we get a new manager we should buy in some new players to strength our squad.

I think we will have a good seasoon

Do you think both Lukaku and Stones leave this summer? The speculation of their imminent departures in the press is relentless.

It would be great to see Barkley develop into the player he threatens to be

Hooray beer!

Arsenal are, literally, the last team I want to win the PL next season.

That would be Sunderland for me, Sam Allardyce is annoying beyond measure.

We should really be talking about the glorious Aberdeen because this thread is called premiership football, that would be the Scottish Premiership, England is the premier league..they ain't been called the premiership in a while

We are being linked with loads already as we have apparently put in a 23m bid for Musa who we have been chasing for years and 17m for Oxlade-chamberlain which I'm not that fussed with but the 1st 2 signings will be a German ex Man Utd keeper and Hernandez from Sporting Gijon on a free I love the off season with all rumours but as long as we keep Kante I won't worry at all.

Arsenal have made a bid for Vardy high enough to trigger the release clause in his contract.

If he decides to go, Leicester can't stop him.

Wow! Such an un-Wenger like target...English and soon to turn 30...

Gut feel he stays on improved terms...but no doubt his head will be turned

Hooray beer!

And Zlatan to United!

This is promising to be some summer...

Pep @ City

Jose @ United

Vardy???

Sakho to Sunderland

Hammers desperate for a striker

New owners at Swansea

Coutinho to PSG???

Conte at Chelsea

Lukaku & Stones

Koeman to Everton?

Best league in the world...

Hooray beer!

Vardy leaves if:

* Girlfriend prefers London to LC

* LC doesn't match\beat Arsene's contract offer. He's 30, last big contract

Vardy said a while back he would hate to live in London, money talks we pay him 80,000 bit Arsenal have offered 120,000 we can afford it but if he wants to go let him he is 29 and Arsenal would have to totally change there walking the ball in the net state for him, plus we have Musa who is apparently quicker than Vardy and Slimani lined up so easily replaceable going to be a very interesting couple of months of transfers but I don't agree with the shit Vardys Mrs is getting on Twitter from Leicester that could help him decide to leave, medical is set for today but rumours are now that if offered same money from Leicester he might stay.

Vardy said a while back he would hate to live in London, money talks we pay him 80,000 bit Arsenal have offered 120,000 we can afford it but if he wants to go let him he is 29 and Arsenal would have to totally change there walking the ball in the net state for him, plus we have Musa who is apparently quicker than Vardy and Slimani lined up so easily replaceable going to be a very interesting couple of months of transfers but I don't agree with the shit Vardys Mrs is getting on Twitter from Leicester that could help him decide to leave, medical is set for today but rumours are now that if offered same money from Leicester he might stay.

Vardy is 29 years old , he became into the professional very late , I think he need to gather as much money as he can before he retires . Sadly a lot of players are looking for the massive wages than winning the medal , remember Steve Bull of Wolves , was a sensational in scoring goals for wolves but rejected few big wages offers from few top clubs , he was loyal to Wolves . Matt Le Tissier is another of the few .

i have decide too root for hull,and will earn a heap of pounds  end of may next year pattaya here i come

Archived