IGNORED

What Are England's Chances At Euro 2016

Lloydies

This threads just going to get better

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being Scottish it's going to be pretty depressing, but I'll probably cheer on Wales since I'm a sheep shagger too. If England choose the team based on form then perhaps they'd have a chance, but I can't see it happening.

I thought rat boy had a broken leg.

He has started light training and they're hoping he'll be fit.

I expect the team will be slightly different to the one I posted.

We'll probably play 4-4-1-1 or maybe even 5-3-1-1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I drew Germany in a sweepstakes. The bloke after me got Switzerland and wanted to swap.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I'm feeling pretty good about England's chances...they've got a soft group to get through but the inclusion of 3rd placed teams in the knockout stages makes it impossible to guess who they might play later on....

The centre backs are a worry...Smalling is clumsy against technically gifted forwards, Cahill struggles to get a start for Chelsea and is weak defensively, Stones believed the hype and regressed this year...but Woy is canny and few teams are as strong going forward.

France are worthy favs with home advantage, Spain & Germany are prob next best...and then I think it's England.

Austria could be the tournament's Greece/Leicester...

I can't wait for it to get started

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

For sure...Kane, Sturridge, Rooney, Vardy...they should be fun to watch...

Hooray beer!

If we flatter to decieve as usual the same tired old excuse will be trotted out.....`this tournaments probably come a couple of years too early for the current squad`,this crops up after every tournament!

I think England could do well but talks cheap,they`re players at the top of their game (admittedly over hyped) earning millions,its about time they gave us something to be proud of.

Rashford scored on his debut ... His mother better pack his luggage tonight for Euro 16 in France .. :)

Rashford scored on his debut ... His mother better pack his luggage tonight for Euro 16 in France .. :)

You never know with Woy

Wouldn't surprise me if he started with Wooney up front as a lone striker

Only got 2 lions now. Not too sure we ever had three, well once I suppose

More like a bunch of puddy-cats

You never know with Woy

Wouldn't surprise me if he started with Wooney up front as a lone striker

You were right there .... Both scored tonight .... :)

More like a bunch of puddy-cats

That's enough from you Tweety Pie

Are we happy with the final 23? I thought Drinkwater was very unlucky to get cut ahead of Henderson. Happy to see both Rashford and Sturridge in there...nice options off the bench

Hooray beer!

Not that concerned about England :-) but think taking all 3 of Wilshere, Henderson & Sturridge a mistake.

Drinkwater should have been a shoe-in but plays for the wrong club.

Are we happy with the final 23? I thought Drinkwater was very unlucky to get cut ahead of Henderson. Happy to see both Rashford and Sturridge in there...nice options off the bench

Thought so myself , Drinkwater must be gutted over this .

Not that concerned about England :-) but think taking all 3 of Wilshere, Henderson & Sturridge a mistake.

Drinkwater should have been a shoe-in but plays for the wrong club.

Absolutely...Hodgson has a very strong bias towards the "big" clubs and higher profile players...Noble another unlucky one not to make the 26

Wilshire and Sturridge def worth the risk on their fitness...Henderson not in their class

Hooray beer!

Not a brilliant performance last night, but i notice not many teams have been consistent in their friendlies, its all about the tournament in the end, I am happy with the squad, last nights starting 11 will be the main team i would have thought, if Rooney,Vardy,Kane suddenly click then all will be well.

Rooney had a good game in that newish position, spread the ball well, even if it was mainly sideways

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3622631/England-1-0-Portugal-Chris-Smalling-spares-blushes-late-Wembley-winner-three-man-attack-Wayne-Rooney-Harry-Kane-Jamie-Vardy-falter-final-game-Euro-2016.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Absolutely...Hodgson has a very strong bias towards the "big" clubs and higher profile players...Noble another unlucky one not to make the 26

Wilshire and Sturridge def worth the risk on their fitness...Henderson not in their class

If England play like they did last night we are stuffed will struggle to get out of the group

If England play like they did last night we are stuffed will struggle to get out of the group

It's all part of the master plan - we don't want to peak too early  :wink:

Archived