IGNORED

BEST "HIGH END" STEAKHOUSE IN PATTAYA

I have had it from all over, and America's it the best I have had

you want to try Argentine, Swiss food soi diamond has it as well as an Argentine restaurant in Bangkok.  good beef but america has better

i have had american, Argentine, Australian, Canadian and others here.......american blows them away. 

I would have to mimic AtH in that the best steak I have ever eaten was Japanese beef in Japan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to mimic AtH in that the best steak I have ever eaten was Japanese beef in Japan

never tried it cept the real Kobe at Brunos and that was outstanding

Bruno's is on my to-do list.  From their website and reviews on here, looks well worth checking out.

Cheers, Alex

Bruno's is on my to-do list.  From their website and reviews on here, looks well worth checking out.

Cheers, Alex

my friend, who only goes to the top places in NY, is at Bruno's three times a week.  It really is first class in every sense

Kobe in Japan, family farms, they do not export and their beef/steaks are the best I have ever eaten/tasted. 

Kobe in Japan, family farms, they do not export and their beef/steaks are the best I have ever eaten/tasted. 

Yes I have heard that, and why would they export when they have no need to, most Cray Fish (rock lobster) that get caught here in Australia, go to asia (especially Japan) and they are so particular about their freshness that they are flown out there on a bed of ice and saw dust, alive (any dead ones are flown back to Aus for a refund)  

I wonder how much they pay at the table for them?

I don't rate them personally, way too expensive for what they are, but each to their own.

Septics have hijacked this one

IN PATTAYA guys

Read this thread there is nothing to add about Pattaya that is not already in here.

If you gotta ask where to get a decent steak in Pattaya,you've either never been there,or can't read this site.

In BKK, I like Tenderloin's on Suk Soi 33. The tenderloin cooked rare is very nice

• 1 month later...

I am back in town and I tried hippopatmus again and need to update my recommendation.  While the beef tenderloin I had was very good they have slipped on their sides which used to be quite good.  I had the gratin potatoes and they were much dryer that I remember.  They tasted fine but probably not as good as I remember.  As for the price, for what I paid I expected better.  That said, service was good and you can't beat the view.  I plan to try Steak & co and beefeaters soon and I will update on how they compare.

bottom line, would i go again?  Maybe but I doubt it at least on this trip as there are more affordable options.

• 4 weeks later...

And for the Prime Rib fans, here is my favorite place...Lawry's in Chicago...only one when I started going there decades ago, now they have em in several locations including Beverly Hills, CA.

Actually you got it backwards, original is in Beverly Hills.  Sorry from L.A. and I couldn't let you get away with that.  

Anyone wanting high quality steak you can take a day trip up to Bangkok easy enough.  The New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott has Prime Dry Aged beef.  Nothing in Patts will come close to Luger's.  The best you will find is probably Benihanas.

Actually you got it backwards, original is in Beverly Hills.  Sorry from L.A. and I couldn't let you get away with that.  

Anyone wanting high quality steak you can take a day trip up to Bangkok easy enough.  The New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott has Prime Dry Aged beef.  Nothing in Patts will come close to Luger's.  The best you will find is probably Benihanas.

yep, LaCienega Blvd, huge place and the original

Tried the steak night at the golf club. Awful cut of meat marinated in some sweet sticky goo. Total waste of money.

edit: Wrong venue oops  :Think1:

yep, LaCienega Blvd, huge place and the original

When I lived in So Cal I used to go Clearmens north woods inn. Don't know if it is still there but had ok steaks and I liked the atmosphere.

I used to come out of there with my stomach ready to burst. They had this chees bread that would fill you up.

The place that looks like Santa's Village?  Never tried it but good to know, I will have to check it out next time I visit my bro near San Gabriel.

Ei Gaucho coming to Central Mall

Very good but pricey

the one from Bangkok?  hope so, perfect steaks and you can buy a prime steak, hard to get here.   Gaucho Bangkok two days ago....perfect 100%

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7526.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7529.jpg

beats any I have tried in thailand

• 3 weeks later...

Its called Steak and Co on Soi Lenkgee (http://www.steakcopattaya.com/). The steaks are Australian. Its not your US steak unfortunately, but possibly one of the best you'll get in Pattaya, imho!

This place is a little pricey for Pattaya, but the food is delicious. They have a smoked salmon appetizer that is quite good.

This place is a little pricey for Pattaya, but the food is delicious. They have a smoked salmon appetizer that is quite good.

I was there last week with a friend and found the prices resonable. The filet I had was very good much better than I thought I would get. I looked at tripadvisor and picked it out because it was close enough to "Beefeateats" which was closed that week (just my luck) and which I was standing in front of. I was going to go back one of the nights but the lady had other meal time adventures in mind. What liked was the restaurant was very clean.

Waghu ribeye for 2200 baht

:)) at least they have decent cuts but too expensive

Archived