Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BEST "HIGH END" STEAKHOUSE IN PATTAYA

Nope,not even close.

Does that answer the question?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best steak I ever had was Smith and Wolensky in Manhattan.

Nothing here comes close. But Steak and Co is still pretty damn good and will fill your steak jones if you have one.

Beefeater is not bad but is a distant 2nd. The ribs and some of the other dishes are better there.  And they do a great Saturday/Sunday buffet. 

And it will probably be under $40 total for the meal  with a starter and glass of wine. Less than the steak itself at S&W. 

The red wine in Beefeater was as cold as most beers I was served during my trip.

They seem to in hot countries .. I end up holding the Glass in both hands trying to warm it up... mate of mine is in mexico at mo says its the same there ... 

Read plenty stuff about how people drink red wine too warm based on it being room temperature when people lived in castles and not central heated apartments and people drinking white wine too cold based on fridges being a lot colder than previous wine cellars. Makes sense to me, too cold and it kills the taste, too warm and it also kills the taste

Anyway you won't get great meat here, but I'm perhaps spoiled in Scotland.

But you will have an ok experience in steak and co and Beefeater if you get a hankering for a steak when here, but you will likely be distracted if you are just on holiday.

I'm pretty sure it's called the country of Thailand

Not known for the Russian girls nor Steaks

I could be wrong though of course

Sent from St. Somewhere

Over 100 visits to the Kingdom

First in 2001 -

TG with me in USA since Nov 2008

Married to her since Jan 2009 .....OOPS Divorce in 2015...NEXT

Having lived in the big apple for 10 years...and eaten at the places you reference, as well as great Chicago steakhouses, LA steakhouses, and even Vegas-baby, the answer is a simple, no...not even close.  

In Bangkok, yes, at a couple of the really high end hotels, in their fine dining restaurants.  However, in Pattaya you can get a close approximation (in terms of what comes on the plate you receive, not in terms of the whole package (ambiance, service, etc).  Again, one of these places is in the Hilton hotel on top of Central Festival.  The other, I honestly forget the name...but it is a local independent and I will post when I get back into Pattaya in late June.  Not sure if that will help you though.  The best beef I have had in Pattaya was in fact from Japan, Kobe beef and it was mouthwatering.  But honestly, the execution (proper sear, flavor and of course the sides) just isn't the same.

cheers, Alex

Thank you, yes please post when you get the info on the other place.

Best steak I ever had was Smith and Wolensky in Manhattan.

Nothing here comes close. But Steak and Co is still pretty damn good and will fill your steak jones if you have one.

Beefeater is not bad but is a distant 2nd. The ribs and some of the other dishes are better there.  And they do a great Saturday/Sunday buffet. 

And it will probably be under $40 total for the meal  with a starter and glass of wine. Less than the steak itself at S&W. 

If you are ever in Vegas or Atlantic City (AC)  go to the Golden Nugget a visit Vic & Anthony's. It is the best Steakhouse I have ever been to and

every time I am in either place I go there at least once during my visits. Outstanding "everything!" Smith's is great also but I'd choose Luger's over it.

Thanks.

Prime Rib from Golden Nugget in Las Vegas.

Wifey didn't finish it,or the baked potato.

Nothing like that in Pattaya.To answer the question.image.jpegimage.jpeg

She bought me dinner after this.image.jpeg

28 oz from The Keg in Victoria.

Nothing like this in Pattaya either.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have to say if Peter's is a 5-star rating, then

Beefeaters is a 2+ at best...while the beef may be acceptable (though far from great, I could be persuaded to give it a 3.0, on a good day) , it gets 0.0 for ambiance, and I would stretch to give it a 2.0 in the service department, sides are a 2.0 at best. 

I have never been to Bruno's, but will give it a go...from their website, it looks like they are definitely trying and do offer a Kobe filet (2000baht).

I have only been to the Cafe des Amis once, maybe it was a bad night, but service is where they fell down lowest in my opinion.  And, beef wellington is not my dish...imho, to judge a good steakhouse I will order either a bone-in ribeye or a filet...thick and juicy, no thin or butterflied cuts.  However, since it is coming up so often on here, I will give it another go...thanks guys.

Again, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one (myself included)...so one man's great steakhouse is possibly another man's shit hole.  Also, my preference, by far, is for Kobe beef...followed by grass-fed American...never been a fan of Aussie beef, but that's just personal preference.  The only Aussie meat I think is superior is Lamb, and their they have the market cornered.  

My ranking takes into consideration the following points (some of which may mean nothing to others):

Beef (both quality and how well it is aged...i prefer dry aging...how it is prepared...temperature, sear, is it seasoned or rubbed and finished with butter).

Sides (a proper grouping of sides is a must, I like creamed spinach, garlic mashed potato and sautéed wild mushrooms...others may prefer other things).

Presentation (a plate must look appetizing...arrangement, color, balance of portions).

Service (a proper setting is a must...cloth napkin, nice china, fine glasses of appropriate size, shape...and flatware that isn't bent (LOL)...and a comfortable chair helps.

Server (knowledgeable, courteous, attentive but not hovering, and pretty helps).

Ambiance (noise should be dulled by appropriate wall coverings so one can hear one's dinner guests, and a certain plushness is a help.

And, of course a nice starter (King Crab or Lobster cocktail or oysters Rockefeller)

A nice desert (Creme Brûlée is nice).

A good martini or scotch before dinner, a bold wine with and a cordial after...even the coffee has to be right.

:)

Thanks for the input guys, so if I ever open a place in Patts (not likely) it will be high end steakhouse.

Thanks for the input guys, so if I ever open a place in Patts (not likely) it will be high end steakhouse.

You would probably go broke unless you were in a high-traffic tourist location.

I don't know about other expats, but I've learned to live without eating beef. That boggles my mind when I think about it, but it's true. The really good stuff like you are used to eating in The States is ridiculously expensive here.

Even more bizarre is that I have learned when you go months or even years without eating beef your body will reject it. The last really good steak I ate was at L'Italiano on Walking Street about 5 years ago. It was huge. It was delicious, and within 5 seconds of downing the last bite the whole thing came right back up and ended up all over the table. No warning. It was like a volcano erupting. Luckily they have double table clothes, so they were just folded and taken away.

You learn to live without it.

I don't know about other expats, but I've learned to live without eating beef. That boggles my mind when I think about it, but it's true. The really good stuff like you are used to eating in The States is ridiculously expensive here.

Even more bizarre is that I have learned when you go months or even years without eating beef your body will reject it. The last really good steak I ate was at L'Italiano on Walking Street about 5 years ago. It was huge. It was delicious, and within 5 seconds of downing the last bite the whole thing came right back up and ended up all over the table. No warning. It was like a volcano erupting. Luckily they have double table clothes, so they were just folded and taken away.

I have to agree with you re location...and I think a ground floor suite in a 5-star hotel would be your most likely to succeed spot as the patrons can afford and often seek such a meal / dining experience.

I also agree with less beef, but not due to cost, just due to getting older and everyone telling me its bad for a male over 50 to eat too much red meat, lest one wants an unfriendly probe up one's keister and likely a doc with a long face afterwards delivering you news you didn't hope for.  I now eat a nice piece of beef about 4 times a year (usually prime rib, a filet or a porterhouse, 2 inches thick minimum).  And, like you say, its wonderful going down, but I find I feel like crap for a day afterwards (though I have never thrown up) and I am certainly in no mood for a romp in the loom after, I tend to just sit on the balcony enjoying more drink and good conversation before having a good shit and going to sleep.

But, if I were a younger man and paid less attention to medical news, I would still be eating beef once a week as I did for decades.

Cheers, Alex

What a bizarre story.

I will be sure never to go with out three days of eating beef then.

I was in Beefeater last Saturday night and had a great sirloin and my tg had a salmon steak, washed down with a carafe of white wine, we both really enjoyed the food, spot on no complaint, will be going back soon.

If you are ever in Vegas or Atlantic City (AC)  go to the Golden Nugget a visit Vic & Anthony's. It is the best Steakhouse I have ever been to and

every time I am in either place I go there at least once during my visits. Outstanding "everything!" Smith's is great also but I'd choose Luger's over it.

Thanks.

Thanks for the recommendation I live in Europe and I don't know when I will be in AC or Vegas next. But if I will be anywhere in the neighborhood I hope I remember your tip. 

I've never been to PL in Brooklyn but it is on my list next time I am in NYC. 

As for Patts, I need to try Bruno's as I have heard good things. 

Villla market in the Avenue mall  also sells nice cuts of beef if you want to fire up The Grill and make your own.

Patrick's. Great selection of Belgian Beers too.

Patrick's. Great selection of Belgian Beers too.

I can recommend the Tripel Karmeliet

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I just learned that myself not too long ago but luckily for me it was from a coworker who explained how they had to prepare themselves for eating either Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner.  They started eating small amounts of meat but also did so when they were prepared to in case they had complications, so no restaurants.  It took them like a month or more to get to where they could enjoy that one meal.  Too much work for me so I'll just have to keep eating meat.

Morton's Macau

Australasian prime rib-eye, mac and cheese ........nice

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 8.55.01 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 8.55.13 AM.jpg

Morton's Macau

Australasian prime rib-eye, mac and cheese ........nice

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-05-16 at 8.55.01 AM.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-05-16 at 8.55.13 AM.jpg

I'm a filet guy myself and order that exclusively in all steakhouses I go to. This has enabled me to personally sort out which places I like, except for Lugers as they only serve a giant porterhouse. Years ago Lugers also had the best french fries and hamburgers! Well there probably isn't anything I don't like about Lugers except the prices. I always have a bottle of their own steak sauce in my fridge also.

I'm a filet guy myself and order that exclusively in all steakhouses I go to. This has enabled me to personally sort out which places I like, except for Lugers as they only serve a giant porterhouse. Years ago Lugers also had the best french fries and hamburgers! Well there probably isn't anything I don't like about Lugers except the prices. I always have a bottle of their own steak sauce in my fridge also.

My favorite was Mastros, Beverly Hills, although they are all over the states.  Expensive but you get a killer steak, and the sides are killer.     Mac and cheese my favorite there, since they use blue cheese.....

then there is fat-burger in Macau.....mmm good  but going to Burger King for lunch, best of the fast food burgers here.  Wish they had fat-burger here

Cheese burger Fatburger.JPG

just saw this on FB

t.jpg

Nice miss those steaks and potatoes too.  Plenty of good steak houses in Vegas for sure.  I have eaten at the Keg but years ago was a favorite drinking spot.  Glad to see they are still around.  How's Hys doing?  I recall meeting some of the owner's family in Victoria a long time ago back when VanderSlam was the Premier lol. They made a good steak. Can't beat the Candian beef in my opinion it's better than Australian or even Nebraska beef.

Nothing like that in Pattaya.To answer the question.attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg
She bought me dinner after this.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
Nothing like this in Pattaya either.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Nothing like that in Pattaya.To answer the question.attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

She bought me dinner after this.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Nothing like this in Pattaya either.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hooray for the Keg! Haven't eaten at the one in VIctoria but have in Nanaimo as a treat after a bumpy seas, brisk winds day sailing across the straits from the mainland. 

The Keg in Kirkland/Yarrow Bay, WA was a great place to go but has apparently joined the closures of a number of WA state Kegs. Such a loss. Glad you have one there in Victoria. Enjoy  :)

I have to say if Peter's is a 5-star rating, then

Beefeaters is a 2+ at best...while the beef may be acceptable (though far from great, I could be persuaded to give it a 3.0, on a good day) , it gets 0.0 for ambiance, and I would stretch to give it a 2.0 in the service department, sides are a 2.0 at best. 

I have never been to Bruno's, but will give it a go...from their website, it looks like they are definitely trying and do offer a Kobe filet (2000baht).

I have only been to the Cafe des Amis once, maybe it was a bad night, but service is where they fell down lowest in my opinion.  And, beef wellington is not my dish...imho, to judge a good steakhouse I will order either a bone-in ribeye or a filet...thick and juicy, no thin or butterflied cuts.  However, since it is coming up so often on here, I will give it another go...thanks guys.

Again, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one (myself included)...so one man's great steakhouse is possibly another man's shit hole.  Also, my preference, by far, is for Kobe beef...followed by grass-fed American...never been a fan of Aussie beef, but that's just personal preference.  The only Aussie meat I think is superior is Lamb, and their they have the market cornered.  

My ranking takes into consideration the following points (some of which may mean nothing to others):

Beef (both quality and how well it is aged...i prefer dry aging...how it is prepared...temperature, sear, is it seasoned or rubbed and finished with butter).

Sides (a proper grouping of sides is a must, I like creamed spinach, garlic mashed potato and sautéed wild mushrooms...others may prefer other things).

Presentation (a plate must look appetizing...arrangement, color, balance of portions).

Service (a proper setting is a must...cloth napkin, nice china, fine glasses of appropriate size, shape...and flatware that isn't bent (LOL)...and a comfortable chair helps.

Server (knowledgeable, courteous, attentive but not hovering, and pretty helps).

Ambiance (noise should be dulled by appropriate wall coverings so one can hear one's dinner guests, and a certain plushness is a help.

And, of course a nice starter (King Crab or Lobster cocktail or oysters Rockefeller)

A nice desert (Creme Brûlée is nice).

A good martini or scotch before dinner, a bold wine with and a cordial after...even the coffee has to be right.

:)

Peters?

Archived