Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BEST "HIGH END" STEAKHOUSE IN PATTAYA

I have read a few threads on the steakhouses in Patts but are there any that compare to Peter Lugers in New York, Morton's, or Ruth’s Chris?

Thanks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read a few threads on the steakhouses in Patts but are there any that compare to Peter Lugers in New York, Morton's, or Ruth’s Chris?

Thanks.

I have never heard of any of those.

Best steaks here however are at Steak and Co. on Soi Lengkee. If you wanna measure what Patts has against NYC, perhaps it is best to just stay in NYC.

Thanks.

No.Or NY Prime either.

I have never heard of any of those.

Best steaks here however are at Steak and Co. on Soi Lengkee. If you wanna measure what Patts has against NYC, perhaps it is best to just stay in NYC.

No I'm not measuring Patts against NYC, only a retard would do that, (Hint)! I was just asking (and thanks for the info) for a high end steakhouse that is comparable

to those places, why because no matter where I go I like great steaks! If Patts has it fine, if they don't so be it! I never understood why on this board the members

have to comment on another member, and just answer or NOT answer the fucking question without a stupid fucking comment to follow!

No I'm not measuring Patts against NYC, only a retard would do that, (Hint)! I was just asking (and thanks for the info) for a high end steakhouse that is comparable

to those places, why because no matter where I go I like great steaks! If Patts has it fine, if they don't so be it! I never understood why on this board the members

have to comment on another member, and just answer or NOT answer the fucking question without a stupid fucking comment to follow!

Settle, slasher. Pop down to Soi Lengkee and enjoy a steak!

:WinkGrin1:

No they don't.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks.

I'll forgo the snarky comments.

The answer is, largely, no. Pattaya does not have much in the way of high end dining, let alone high end steak places. For reasons that elude me, Thai beef is utter crap on the only really good beef is imported. There a few high end steak places in Bangkok, but not in Pattaya.

That is not to say there aren't good places to eat. Cafe des Amis is probably the best known " high end" place in the area. It's good, but I find it a bit stuffy, trying too hard to be a high end place.

In Pattaya, I rather like Bite Me Bistro. Bad name, ok ambience, but very good food at a good price. Personally, I'd give Steak & Co. a miss, and go to Beefeaters.

If you fancy Italian, and have a car, try Chef Corrado's in Sattahip. They have a terrific sirloin with a balsamic sauce and arugula. Good house wine too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'll forgo the snarky comments.

The answer is, largely, no. Pattaya does not have much in the way of high end dining, let alone high end steak places. For reasons that elude me, Thai beef is utter crap on the only really good beef is imported. There a few high end steak places in Bangkok, but not in Pattaya.

That is not to say there aren't good places to eat. Cafe des Amis is probably the best known " high end" place in the area. It's good, but I find it a bit stuffy, trying too hard to be a high end place.

In Pattaya, I rather like Bite Me Bistro. Bad name, ok ambience, but very good food at a good price. Personally, I'd give Steak & Co. a miss, and go to Beefeaters.

If you fancy Italian, and have a car, try Chef Corrado's in Sattahip. They have a terrific sirloin with a balsamic sauce and arugula. Good house wine too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

THANK YOU!

Thanks.

No.

But Beefeater is pretty damn good.

Having lived in the big apple for 10 years...and eaten at the places you reference, as well as great Chicago steakhouses, LA steakhouses, and even Vegas-baby, the answer is a simple, no...not even close.  

In Bangkok, yes, at a couple of the really high end hotels, in their fine dining restaurants.  However, in Pattaya you can get a close approximation (in terms of what comes on the plate you receive, not in terms of the whole package (ambiance, service, etc).  Again, one of these places is in the Hilton hotel on top of Central Festival.  The other, I honestly forget the name...but it is a local independent and I will post when I get back into Pattaya in late June.  Not sure if that will help you though.  The best beef I have had in Pattaya was in fact from Japan, Kobe beef and it was mouthwatering.  But honestly, the execution (proper sear, flavor and of course the sides) just isn't the same.

cheers, Alex

Thanks.

Mortons is in Macau, short trip.    peters is great.   Ruth Criss has gone down hill

Killer steaks at Bruno's, Australian prime, has the real wagyu,  but you pay for the experience.   Steak house in Royal is good, expensive too

Steak Austrailan Ribeye.jpg

Steak Wagyu sliced.jpg

many like the steak company?   I am sure it is good, but not close to the places you mentioned although I never ate there yet, on my list

In Bangkok, best one I had, Argentine prime rib_eye, is great

Steak Ar.JPG

Thanks.

Nothing comparable, the best here is closer in matching the Outback in quality. Even the imported steak is not to the standard I have purchased in the States. Royal Cliff tries hard and Cafe Des Amis along with Bruno's. I am pushed to even think of one in Bangkok 

A long time favorite of mine was Big Horn

I tried both Beefeater and Patrick's on my last trip.

Not 'high end' by western standards but this is Pattaya.

Of the two, Patrick's had FAR superior service and they cooked my steak as I'd requested. Beefeater did NOT cook as I wanted & the waitress couldn't care less when I told her. The sides were slightly better at Beefeater.

Also, Beefeater served me chilled red wine (I know it's hot in Pattaya, and most of their customers will be plebs, but I consider this to be inexcusable). Patrick's asked if I wanted it chilled or not.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Also, Beefeater served me chilled red wine (I know it's hot in Pattaya, and most of their customers will be plebs, but I consider this to be inexcusable). Patrick's asked if I wanted it chilled or not.

While I agree you should be given the choice the fact is that red wine should be served at 14 - 18 C. It is like the myth that taking the cork/screw top off a bottle & leaving it for X amount of minutes lets the wine breath. The way to get a wine to breath is to decant it slowly. 

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I am no steak conocer but Bruno's restaurant never let me down .. Steaks where like cutting through butter and my mouth would water when eating it...they would recommend a fine wine to accompany it which always seem to match perfectly

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

bloody mouth watering now just thinking about it

http://www.brunos-pattaya.com/

While I agree you should be given the choice the fact is that red wine should be served at 14 - 18 C. It is like the myth that taking the cork/screw top off a bottle & leaving it for X amount of minutes lets the wine breath. The way to get a wine to breath is to decant it slowly.

The red wine in Beefeater was as cold as most beers I was served during my trip.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

So much hissy fitting over cooked  cow flesh.

There used to be a franchise in the UK called The Great American Disaster, best Steak I ever had(including my 5 trips to New York) was in there....a close second was a steak I had cooked on lava rock in Lisbon.

Not gonna happen. I've lived in SE Asia a long time and had some reasonable steaks, but nothing like what you get in the USA. The quality of the beef is not the same, ageing process, cooking ovens, etc... Those places you mention have it down to a science, and boy are they good! BTW ... I prefer Bob's in Dallas ...

I would suggest spending your efforts trying to find some Thai dishes that you like ... High end Thai places can be brilliant! Most of us on here don't spend the coin for it, but if you want great food, go local. Hit one of the high end hotel restaurants and I doubt you will be disappointed.

I had a brilliant Penang beef curry at Laguna Phuket golf club last week ... $10 and really excellent.

Archived