IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

Dunno, last time, in the west they were made of gold and diamonds too. I bought shutters instead, for the same price. I usually see stains on curtains. Maybe these are stain proof?

Sent from my HTC_U-3u using Tapatalk

ummm

2 hours ago, kent hansen said:

I have received an email from the builder to buy interior for my apartment. Does anyone buy the entire package?image.thumb.jpeg.a45734b0d95e6ead59b35ace489b6221.jpeg

I will buy at indexmall by younique customised. Same price, but more.

1545139127016.jpg

1545139107791.jpg

1545139113989.jpg

Edited by wido
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kent hansen said:

I have received an email from the builder to buy interior for my apartment. Does anyone buy the entire package?

Ba-loody hell! .. what is it with Thailand and the exhorbitant cost of curtains?! .. it is the most expensive item in the package .. curtains!.

It is like that even here in Bangkok .. some sort of a drapery cartel, or curtain mafia going on here? .. jeez, they are just not that hard to make and mount .. it is not like they are custom curtains .. they make them in enough volume to furnish an entire condominium.

Crazy.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I got my new blackout curtains for balcony and bedroom for 12k maybe those are gold lined!!

Oh and buy your own mattress you wont get much for 10k believe me.

Fucking Hell is right...those are price for farangland...35K for a headboard...WOW...half that for a coffee table with no style?

Just now, paulyd2k said:

you will need your curtains made to measure I am sure, so I think 30k+ is reasonable

You can get curtains and get a fucking rod for under 20...NO PROBLEM

18 hours ago, kent hansen said:

I have received an email from the builder to buy interior for my apartment. Does anyone buy the entire package?image.thumb.jpeg.a45734b0d95e6ead59b35ace489b6221.jpeg

what building are you in?

15 hours ago, wido said:

I will buy at indexmall by younique customised. Same price, but more

did you see the guy with one of the two ocean views in the entire complex combined 3 units on the 8th floor of building C?   Did you get your furniture email yet or is it just A and B?

yes but there`s curtains and curtains,  you aint gonna get off the shelf to fit if wide doors and you want them to sit just to the floor,  but each to their own,

Just now, paulyd2k said:

yes but there`s curtains and curtains,  you aint gonna get off the shelf to fit if wide doors and you want them to sit just to the floor,  but each to their own,

true...the headboard prices are flat out ridiculous

yes but, if you look close it`s not just a standalone headboard it actually fills the whole wall behind the bed, I`ve seen them in many condo`s it`s quite popular now, so it is custom also, 5555,  but yes you can save money shopping around as wido is, and it`s no less quality or difference,  the furniture here is usually crap I had the pack in my last condo and it wasn't worth it at all, so look around and chop and change things, but I would also agree not to scrimp on mattreses, cheap ones here are like a bed of nails,5555,

18 hours ago, kent hansen said:

I have received an email from the builder to buy interior for my apartment. Does anyone buy the entire package?

Those prices are indeed extremely silly, but I'm sure that some people will buy those packages. Either because they simply dont know the real prices, or because they arent living here to look for themselves and want it all done for them.

2 hours ago, stubby said:

Oh and buy your own mattress you wont get much for 10k believe me.

My 6,000B IKEA foam mattress is just fine, and has been in use for about seven years.

• Like 2

Just now, KittenKong said:

Those prices are indeed extremely silly, but I'm sure that some people will buy those packages. Either because they simply dont know the real prices, or because they arent living here to look for themselves and want it all done for them.

I will go in and ask if there is any negotiating....I would pay 50-60% just to not deal with it...but at 400K for a 2 bedroom...you can spend a week and spend 175k and save enough money for a couple trips there...infuriating

Edited by The Danimal

Just now, KittenKong said:

You are right. If you are not living there it would be near on impossible to organise the furniture, the delivery and the installation.

Custom made curtains in australia are really expensive too. Ive got no idea why.

12 Pints in Know it all

My 6,000B IKEA foam mattress is just fine, and has been in use for about seven years.
Yes although some people stick their nose up to Ikea it is guaranteed good quality and you couldn't get better for the price. I've had 3 mattresses, 2 beds all very good

33 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I got over 35 years on my last mattress in the states and it was just as firm as the day I bought it.  Waterbed

In my case - I come to Pattaya twice a year, 1 week each time - so I have to choose the expensive version since I do not have time to run around :(

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, usexpat46 said:

I got over 35 years on my last mattress in the states and it was just as firm as the day I bought it.  Waterbed

Never seen waterbeds here. I did try one once in a shop in Europe but didnt like it at all. It probably needs time to adapt to.

Apart from possibly springing a leak, a waterbed should last indefinitely. I'm sure my foam mattress wont last that long but when it dies I will probably just buy another for 6000B.

For anyone who does want to look for themselves, both IKEA and Index have more or less all of their catalogue online. I saw an IKEA van in Jomtien yesterday so they obviously deliver here, and I know that Index deliver.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

you will need your curtains made to measure I am sure, so I think 30k+ is reasonable

8 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

I don't know, paulyd2k .. early in my career, I developed high rise office buildings with thousands of windows in which we installed window dressings (high quality verticle blinds, not drapes) .. the economy of scale was substantial .. I forgot the exact cost difference between blinds at retail and blinds we bought by the thousands, but it was certainly less than half the price of the retail cost .. I imagine the same applies here.

This complex has 788 units, with maybe half a dozen typical window types over the entire complex .. between studios, 1-BR, and 2-BR units, maybe there averages 2 windows per unit .. say 1,500 windows, or sliders in total.

These will not be custom window dressings, individually measured .. they will be mass produced, a hundred or more for each type of typical window .. they go to the building .. they measure each typical window (once each) .. they then go back to the drapery shop and crank out 200 copies for each typical window.

Think about THB 39,000 per unit, say average THB 19,500 per window.. say a skilled drape-maker earns maybe 400-600 per day (probably less), if a legal worker .. jeez, if a drape-maker spent seven days finishing just a single set of drapes (which sounds kind of ludicrous), the labor per drapery would be only THB 2,800-4,200 .. (15-20% of total cost, but realistically probably much less) .. how much can fabric for drapes and a liner cost? .. add a curtain rod and installation .. that seems to leave an aweful lot of room for profit.

If 75% of the 788 units buyers elect to buy the developer's draperies, that is nearly a 3/4 of a million USD contract, with what I think is a huge profit margin .. minimum 30% .. maybe 50% .. maybe more?

I dunno', guys .. this sounds to me as a deal the developer gave to his brother-in-law.

[ Jeez, am I over-thinking this thing? ]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

yes but surely everyone aint gonna pick same colour and some of those bigger units have nice big wide windows,  I know I paid 25k for the condo I am in now but I chose the material and had nets also , and I aint in no super size condo, but the quality speaks for itself, they are just off the floor and very full with material,  5555, but I had the curtains in with the condo when new and they were about 4-5 inches off the floor on the patio doors and same in bedroom but didn't matter to much in bedroom as they dropped past the bottom of window,  it`s still dirt cheap to what you would pay at home so I would gladly pay to have nice properly fitted curtains any day,  I know it`s not easy getting jobs done from thais, as they give give you what they think is right, not exactly what you want,55555, and it`s no good having shoddy crap looking drapes in a nice new condo if you want high end rentals,  but you need to get out and source the best prices, and that can be very difficult if you don't know where to look, and don't come here often,  it all adds up when you need lots of items and the baht being so strong it`s a lot more expensive now if your changing your local currency for baht, glad I am not in that position,55555, but all will iron out in the end no doubt,  good luck guys