IGNORED

Tsunami Sushi Buffet on 3rd Road

Evil Penevil

4 hours ago, Creamboy said:

Its open again!

Today was the first day open again after Corona-Lockdown. Opening time now until 8.30pm.

The menu card changed little bit. Some things not available anymore.

Still 90 minutes time for to eat.

So its a 90min all you can eat buffet, right?

Price?

Social distancing must be a real challenge at Tsunami Sushi.  It was one of the most crowded restaurants I've seen with the narrowest aisles as well.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg.1e3da33efa9482eaa1a96e5510535278.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Ok I need to mention that the next day I felt quite bloated for some reason and only went to one place for dinner. Several hours after I got home and I am on the toilet quite a bit and feel a bit nauseous. I went to the pharmacy and they gave me some meds for it. I have a feeling that it may be the shashimi salmon which was not the best item I had that evening. I am not saying for sure it was the sushi, but I feel I owe you the truth of what is going on with me now. 
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Latest update: I went to the pharmacy 3 days ago and got some cough medicine. Doctor at the hospital told me that diarrhea is a common side affect. Pattaya memorial hospital visit 30 min and meds cost me 630 baht and I feel quite a bit better now that I spoke with a doctor.
I can't believe I didn't mention this a long time ago but I had a cough and got some cough medicine from the pharmacy and that was the reason I probably was on the toilet as a few days later I went to the dr and they told me it was the medication. Sorry for not correcting this earlier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

449 baht? I can belive. Is similar to shabushi! But should be better food I think, I must try it!

2 hours ago, plapla said:

449 baht? I can belive. Is similar to shabushi! But should be better food I think, I must try it!

That price was 4 years ago!

A6AC0667-4077-4238-9CE7-15F922A24828.jpeg

It is 641b...  for 90 minutes... I was there yesterday... 

Very good... but you MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS!  They have half the tables they used to have, so very limited seating....

Edited by Saddic
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

That price was 4 years ago!

A6AC0667-4077-4238-9CE7-15F922A24828.jpeg

A lot of cuddling going on, but to finish you off they give you an eye kick.......  goggle translate 555

That said, I put it on my list to visit. 

On 14/05/2020 at 06:54, Evil Penevil said:

Social distancing must be a real challenge at Tsunami Sushi.  It was one of the most crowded restaurants I've seen with the narrowest aisles as well.

Evil

Although I have not been there in a while, I would suspect that the Chaiyapruek location has better social distancing as it seemed a little more spacious than what has been described about the 3rd Road location. Also, the Chaiyapruek location had a sign up that they were moving to a new location not very far away and on the same street.

I do agree that they have very good food.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went to the one on 3rd road last Sunday, was really happy with quality and presentation, service was excellent and fast, we were two and get 40 different plates for 699 baths, soft drinks included.

1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

24.jpg

12.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

14 hours ago, Belthai said:

we were two and get 40 different plates for 699 baths, soft drinks included.

699B each?

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

699B each?

Yes 699 per person

5 minutes ago, Belthai said:

Yes 699 per person

Thought they dropped it to 600 when they reopened? Raised it back up again maybe?

8 hours ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Thought they dropped it to 600 when they reopened? Raised it back up again maybe?

It was promotion for the reopening valid one months, but anyway, at 699 it is good value for the price

• Like 2

1 hour ago, claghorn said:

go during lax hours and days for better experience in lag time and prep quality ..

Generally speaking, buffets are more fresh during busy hours because there is faster turnover of food.

2 hours ago, Belthai said:

It was promotion for the reopening valid one months, but anyway, at 699 it is good value for the price

Ok. I've got no issue with the 699 as it is good value for the price. Been going since it was 450/500 when it first opened. 

31 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Generally speaking, buffets are more fresh during busy hours because there is faster turnover of food.

It's not an actual buffet though. You order off the menu and most items are made to order. 

It's not an actual buffet though. You order off the menu and most items are made to order. 

I think these days people use AYCE and buffets interchangeably. Traditionally, buffets meant a self served spread which may or may not be AYCE. Due to health concerns and waste concerns, buffets have morphed into AYCE ordering and a server brings you as much as you want. All I am really concerned about is that these “buffets” are AYCE aka fixed price for unlimited food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you gotta consider the source...im merely regurgitating my experience after eating there many "tlimes" in a completely oblivious state of ever escalating  engorgement ...nodding and uh huhing garbled subliminal and intentionally commendatory  commands/comments from my  bloss  ..who rendered a congenitally abstruse running apocryphal assessment of our nibble  .. and whether should i ride home backwards on our 59 year old zundapp ...lest i christen our new used tees in my utter abeyance of moderation ..

Edited by claghorn

8 hours ago, claghorn said:

you gotta consider the source...im merely regurgitating my experience after eating there many "tlimes" in a completely oblivious state of ever escalating  engorgement ...nodding and uh huhing garbled subliminal and intentionally commendatory  commands/comments from my  bloss  ..who rendered a congenitally abstruse running apocryphal assessment of our nibble  .. and whether should i ride home backwards on our 59 year old zundapp ...lest i christen our new used tees in my utter abeyance of moderation ..

Couldn't have put it better.

• Haha 3

• 6 months later...

Went last night, was 699B each.

For me,  average, Saba, mushroom was really good, salmon on skewers way over cooked, a pork dish terrible. Must sushi dishes were tasty enough.

Just did not hit the spot for me.

I am not big into Japanese food but missus is. She was banging on at me for ages to try this place. And she reckoned that the places she normally goes to in Central are better quality and value.

• 9 months later...

They moved out from 3rd road. The other restaurant in jomtien is still open.

DSC_3000.thumb.JPG.37e301d824e6645d26a0985110cd993d.JPG

• Sad 2