IGNORED

Tsunami Sushi Buffet on 3rd Road

Evil Penevil

Do you own the place or something rick379? Not accusing nor do I care if you do but it just comes off that way from your posts and promotion of the place.

Do you own the place or something rick379? Not accusing nor do I care if you do but it just comes off that way from your posts and promotion of the place.

Nope don't own it and I don't have a clue who does..

It's a new place that really small giving an exceptionall deal so I eat there 2 or 3 times a month.. these type of places need to stay busy to keep the quality of product up and really just survive it a extremely competitive restaurant filled town... I pitch the place hard becomes I like it, trust me if I don't like something I'll I'm not sure coating it.. take a peak at the centric sea thread.. 5555555..

Nope don't own it and I don't have a clue who does..

It's a new place that really small giving an exceptionall deal so I eat there 2 or 3 times a month.. these type of places need to stay busy to keep the quality of product up and really just survive it a extremely competitive restaurant filled town... I pitch the place hard becomes I like it, trust me if I don't like something I'll I'm not sure coating it.. take a peak at the centric sea thread.. 5555555..

Ah I understand your motivation then. Being on third road though and with a clientele consisting of mostly Thais it seems like that is who they are marketing to and who kill keep them going. I will definitely be paying the place a visit next month though as the food looks good and that's a great price. Thanks.

Ah I understand your motivation then. Being on third road though and with a clientele consisting of mostly Thais it seems like that is who they are marketing to and who kill keep them going. I will definitely be paying the place a visit next month though as the food looks good and that's a great price. Thanks.

It's easy to drive right past the place as thirds got a lot going on, I myself have always seem a pretty good mix of Thai and others in there although it only hAve about 8 tables. The that's I have seen in there though seem to always get there monies worth.. 5555555 there eating when I sit down and still packing it away as I'm walking out the door..

I do no the fly a lot of there fish in 2 times a week, what I don't no it what days and it would be great to find out as these are the days I'd start going on..

• 5 weeks later...

Any recent visitors here? Sounds good and would like to try it, just no recent posts.

Thanks!

Had a meal there on 24th april. Went with 2 non eaters so it was a missed oppotinity to really test the buffet. We had the usual sashimi , tempura , curry rice etc.

I found it serving simple jap fare and they serve it well. Service was a little lacking as u expect from thai places but overall i would return but this time with eaters!

Please remember to like and subscribe.

• 2 weeks later...

I went at 7:30pm a couple of days ago. Packed with pre booked reservations. The place is small. Next day I got a seat at 6:30pm. Food is pretty good. However, the selection isn't great. They don't have some of the more exotic stuff like Ikura. Most Japanese places I have been to at least charge extra for the exotic stuff. Plus is that they have sashimi in the buffet. Japanese buffets in America only offers rolls and sushi to fill you up with rice. I was surprised to see sashimi. I also saw farangs order tempora and cooked stuff only. What a waste IMO! Oh and I wish they had the English names or pictures on the menu. There was some Japanese only items which I was unfamiliar with. I will probably go again and stuff myself with sashimi this time!

I was in there last night with my TGF. Sorry no pics. They open at 5 and close at midnight. We went in at 6:30 and got the last table that hadn't already been reserved. You get up to 1.5 hours of eat time and can order anything on the menu for 449 baht per person, which included hot or cold green tea. Even with the place full, we never waited more than a few minutes for our food to arrive. I'm not a huge eater but there was no problem with getting totally stuffed in 1 hour, for me anyway.

For me the standout was the salmon sashimi which was really good and fresh and they would bring as many orders as you wanted at a time and they kept it coming. They also had maguro (tuna) sashimi that was good but it had those little shiny discolorations in the fish if you looked close, showing that it was probably a few days old ... but still tasted good. I also really enjoyed the grilled teriyaki salmon belly, which is fattier than the salmon steak itself (which they also had). Both the belly and steak were good. We also had a spicy salmon sashimi salad and the typical seaweed salad both of which were good. Oh, and we also had takoyaki, which is something of a deep fried dumpling with chunks of octopus and a gooey sauce inside that were good.

I saw some other people eating curry and rice dishes which looked good but we stayed away from that, not wanting to fill up on rice. The one real disappointment was the edamame (steamed, salted soy beans). I got an order to snack on and they tasted like they had been cooked in bad tasting butter and had very little salt as well. I would give those a pass next time but no big deal really as it was such a minor part of the meal. I do agree with some of the previous comments that the selection of fish for the sushi and sashimi was pretty narrow in that there weren't too many choices but then again, this is an all you can eat place.

Overall it was a positive experience that we both enjoyed and we will go back.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Here are my pics from last night. I thought it was quite good.

1021406703a42ec9737c15115c874e5c.jpge8e8ca81be857f55cf5f9d6fe2e4f66a.jpg9df9f512817415152418afabf4fafea9.jpg82239d5829efcab457165bf9c89b5d1f.jpgd15dc75a3c0bb77c1a8ce191e6264fed.jpg31ff478d6431abf3f734842f6c2d151b.jpg696c144f77f90b01b9e7aefb28ee145d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Here are my pics from last night. I thought it was quite good.

Ok I need to mention that the next day I felt quite bloated for some reason and only went to one place for dinner. Several hours after I got home and I am on the toilet quite a bit and feel a bit nauseous. I went to the pharmacy and they gave me some meds for it. I have a feeling that it may be the shashimi salmon which was not the best item I had that evening. I am not saying for sure it was the sushi, but I feel I owe you the truth of what is going on with me now.

Latest update: I went to the pharmacy 3 days ago and got some cough medicine. Doctor at the hospital told me that diarrhea is a common side affect. Pattaya memorial hospital visit 30 min and meds cost me 630 baht and I feel quite a bit better now that I spoke with a doctor.

Edited by doug

I had the salmon sashimi there and was fine after but the one in your picture does look a little grey/possibly old. 

Ok I need to mention that the next day I felt quite bloated for some reason and only went to one place for dinner. Several hours after I got home and I am on the toilet quite a bit and feel a bit nauseous. I went to the pharmacy and they gave me some meds for it. I have a feeling that it may be the shashimi salmon which was not the best item I had that evening. I am not saying for sure it was the sushi, but I feel I owe you the truth of what is going on with me now.

Latest update: I went to the pharmacy 3 days ago and got some cough medicine. Doctor at the hospital told me that diarrhea is a common side affect. Pattaya memorial hospital visit 30 min and meds cost me 630 baht and I feel quite a bit better now that I spoke with a doctor.

The bloated feeling is called over eating. Happens quite often with buffets. Always have Tums ready after buffets!

Anyone with transport and who doesnt want to go to 3rd road may be interested to know that there is another branch of this place on the corner of Chaiyapreuk and Sukumvit, and another different fish buffet place just opposite that one.

Anyone with transport and who doesnt want to go to 3rd road may be interested to know that there is another branch of this place on the corner of Chaiyapreuk and Sukumvit, and another different fish buffet place just opposite that one.

Is that location also small and packed with people?

Would you say it's as good, better or worse than the 3rd road location? Also, anymore info on the place across the street would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah .. the name .. the association will over time pass, I guess.

The J.W. Marriott BKK had the misfortune to have their very fine Japanese restaurant named Tsunami .. after the tragedy, I understand their business cratered.

In response, they quickly split the outlet into two restaurants serving separate Japanese cuisines .. one sushi, one teppanyaki.

Renamed them "Tsu" and "Nami" .. it seemed to work.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Is that location also small and packed with people?

Small, yes. Packed, I dont know as I rarely go that way in the evening.

Would you say it's as good, better or worse than the 3rd road location? Also, anymore info on the place across the street would be appreciated. Thanks.

The two Tsumami places seem very similar to me. The place opposite functions more like a Ninja place. I would say that both are worth a look before deciding which to try.

Will definitely seek this joint out...my favourite restaurant in Patts is Shabushi at Central...& their sushi buffet is brilliant!

The food here looks exceptional! Cheers for the heads-up! :GoldenSmile1:

Will definitely seek this joint out...my favourite restaurant in Patts is Shabushi at Central...& their sushi buffet is brilliant!

The food here looks exceptional! Cheers for the heads-up! :GoldenSmile1:

That's only the salmon and tuna? The sushi buffet at Avenue ; although still not as extensive as I like , is pretty good and in IMO better than Central's

Please remember to like and subscribe.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the recommendation. Just tried this place last week.

Small little place, seats around 32 pax, opens from 12pm to 10pm

They have a good selection of raw and cooked food and everything taste pretty good to me.

Well maybe you can avoid the teriyaki beef which was too well done for me.

Price I paid is 539b for 90 mins.

Went in a quarter past 12 and there are already a few reserved tables.

Yes, mostly thai customers there cause I only see 1 farang.

Sashimi salad and bbq salmon belly is also very good.

• 3 years later...

Its open again!

Today was the first day open again after Corona-Lockdown. Opening time now until 8.30pm.

The menu card changed little bit. Some things not available anymore.

Still 90 minutes time for to eat.

Its open again!
Today was the first day open again after Corona-Lockdown. Opening time now until 8.30pm.
The menu card changed little bit. Some things not available anymore.
Still 90 minutes time for to eat.

Any social distancing setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk