IGNORED

Laminated copy of passport page and entry stamp

thumper64

I arrive tomorrow staying at LK Metropole and would appreciate advise on where you can get a Laminated copy of passport page and entry stamp. I remember reading about a Kodak shop on Soi Buakhow but do not know where it is.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next door to the 7-11 on Soi buakhao/Soi Diana theirs a Kodak shop that does it for 100 baht

Can we get a consensus on if this is really worth it? I honestly couldn't be bothered, but if it's highly likely I'm going to get asked to show it, I guess I'll have to.

I arrive tomorrow staying at LK Metropole and would appreciate advise on where you can get a Laminated copy of passport page and entry stamp. I remember reading about a Kodak shop on Soi Buakhow but do not know where it is.

There is a Kodak shop on Pattaya Klang, between Second rd and Buakhao, south side, close to Second Rd. They do it for 20 bath if it is worth the extra trip. My hotel is close, and I went there today to get my laminated, miniature of my passport and entry stamp.

Can we get a consensus on if this is really worth it? I honestly couldn't be bothered, but if it's highly likely I'm going to get asked to show it, I guess I'll have to.

It is worth it! You risk spending 10 hours in a police station waiting for them to figure things out. Probably a fine as well. I have heard that a picture on your phone of your passport and stamp should technically be sufficient, but I am not convinced the Thai police see it that way. I am not willing to take any chances. 

In late December that had multiple raids in bars, even Sensations in WS, picking up any tourist that was not carrying documents. Last week, Asoke in Bangkok was filled with police and immigration officers one night. I stayed away of SC that evening. In general, the Thai government have become more strict in enforcing immigration rules and are increasing control.

Damnit. OK.

So, basically any Kodak or photo shop will be fine? I stay in Jomtien.

Can't you just take a photo from your phone of the relevant pages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The word on the ground is no.

I've read loads of stuff about this on various forums and the consensus seems to be:

Its very unlikely that anyone will be asked to provide their passport details whilst walking around, in the bars and restaurants and so on but if they are..............................

They want to see the main passport ID details, the entry stamp with the permission to stay in Thailand until details and the white card we fill in when we enter, one half of which is is stapled to our passports.

Those all things will not fit onto a a small laminate card, well perhaps if shrunk they will but will be illegible unless magnified.

Photos on your phone are not seemingly accepted by some.

Carrying physical photocopies of all of these seem to be the way to go

Drivers licenses or anything else other than your actual physical passport show nothing about your entitlement to be currently in Thailand.

I don;t think we can get a consensus about anything on this board.

I just finished a three month trip. Never asked to show it, but you could get asked your first night.

Bottom line, it's easy and inexpensive to do.  Just get it done. Maybe it will save you some headache.  Not having proof of immigration status will certainly cause you a headache.

I've read loads of stuff about this on various forums and the consensus seems to be:

Its very unlikely that anyone will be asked to provide their passport details whilst walking around, in the bars and restaurants and so on but if they are..............................

They want to see the main passport ID details, the entry stamp with the permission to stay in Thailand until details and the white card we fill in when we enter, one half of which is is stapled to our passports.

Those all things will not fit onto a a small laminate card, well perhaps if shrunk they will but will be illegible unless magnified.

Photos on your phone are not seemingly accepted by some.

Carrying physical photocopies of all of these seem to be the way to go

Drivers licenses or anything else other than your actual physical passport show nothing about your entitlement to be currently in Thailand.

I laminated the photo page years ago. Now I just get color copies of the, Visa, Entry stamp, departure card.  Fold it all up, stick it in my pocket and forget about it.

I laminated the photo page years ago. Now I just get color copies of the, Visa, Entry stamp, departure card.  Fold it all up, stick it in my pocket and forget about it.

Okay, but what I was talking about was just relying on a laminated copy as the stuff they seem to want to see sometimes is more than will fit on to one.

Really this depends on who they want to check as to the amount of proofs they require.

Great call though as a passport lasts for 10 years so our details on that page are static but the entry stuff obviously not.

Following what you have said maybe one laminate for our passport main page and another for the stamp and card would be best practise ?

Photocopies get mushy in the heat and humidity so I think you have cracked it !

1 page recto verso to laminate is sufficient. But laminate page is hard to fold to fit your wallet

front page = h copy of main passport page & page of entry stamp is possible

back page = you can copy your departure card

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Why does it need to be laminated?  A simple 5 baht per page photo copy should be enough for the average holiday traveler.  And if you are worried about the pages getting worn down, fold it up and carry it in one of those small plastic bags. 

Guys,

They make it small. Like a credit card. First page of passport on one side, entry stamp on the other.

And yes, a photo copy is good for the average visitor. Just make sure it has both the first page and the page showing the entry stamp.

Walk to soi buakaho.

Head south and it's only about 30 meters at the left hand side.

Step 1. Ask your hotel to copy the stamp page. They are copying your passport anyway. Careful they might charge you 2 Baht or some other vacation ending sum.

Step 2. Prior to arriving make your own copy of the personal page in your passport. It is always the same, you see. Thus it can be copied before the trip.

Step 3. Bring with you. a plastic sandwich bag. Go fancy - zipper top one if you can.

Step 4. Using only basic and minimal origami skills, fold each copy to make it smaller. I suggest in half, then in half again. Makes it 1/4 the original size as if by magic.

Step 5. Insert both copies in the sandwich bag.

Step 6. Carry the bag with you.

The 1 in 1 million odds  rozzer encounter you have will go better if they can read the damn things. 

I still think that if you're not driving a car or bike the chances of being stopped are 0.01% over any period of time. Again I've never been spoken to outside those parameters of driving in 26 years although thats not to say it will wont happen.

For now I have photocopy in back pocket but thats only because of recent changes on March 20th and nothing else

Its clear some go over the top claiming you'll be stuck in a cell in soi 9 until somebody accesses your safe to get the original. That is not going to happen in a million years. If the Police were actually stupid enough to force a third party to access your safe they open a minefield for themselves when something goes missing.

Photocopy for now but when I return in May unlikely I will bother again. Note that when driving car I always have original passport with me

For me it's basic common sense, have a copy of your passport,visa and anything else you need if you are stopped by the police and show them if required, then smile and walk away, or don't do any of the above and get a load of shit if you do happen to get stopped,I know what I will be doing.

For me it's basic common sense, have a copy of your passport,visa and anything else you need if you are stopped by the police and show them if required, then smile and walk away, or don't do any of the above and get a load of shit if you do happen to get stopped,I know what I will be doing.

Damnit. OK.

So, basically any Kodak or photo shop will be fine? I stay in Jomtien.

The Kodak shop on Jomtien Beach rd corner of Soi 6. 70 Baht

The 1 in 1 million odds  rozzer encounter you have will go better if they can read the damn things.

And don't forget Murphy's Law...

I have given in to FUD (Fear, uncertainty , doubt) and gone and got my visa and entry stamp photocopied. Soldiers seem more scary than police.

Now I have to remember to take those out at night and not confuse them with money.

If I was a government official I would make it very clear what visitors need to carry with them. Like give them the details at the airport, TorMor etc. It would not be difficult.

But better still, for long termers, look at their thai driving licence, tap their passport number into a Tor Mor mobile app and get it validated by the thai computer system. Not rely on potentially forged bits of paper.

I have given in to FUD (Fear, uncertainty , doubt) and gone and got my visa and entry stamp photocopied. Soldiers seem more scary than police.

Now I have to remember to take those out at night and not confuse them with money.

If I was a government official I would make it very clear what visitors need to carry with them. Like give them the details at the airport, TorMor etc. It would not be difficult.

But better still, for long termers, look at their thai driving licence, tap their passport number into a Tor Mor mobile app and get it validated by the thai computer system. Not rely on potentially forged bits of paper.

I agree the information is poor. The Chief Immigration Officer which provides up to date data to Thaivisa still makes the case that you can be given reasonable time to produce your Passport if required to do so. That was updated only 6 days ago

Got mine done today 50 baht for about credit card size.Laminated.

Archived