Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

uk settlement/spouse visa help?

Brassmaster

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also a visitors marriage visa but this doesn't let you stay for more than 6 months unlike the fiance visa

Yes. The Visitor Marriage visa is only for people who want to marry in the UK but not settle there, much like western couples who marry in exotic places like Thailand! I am looking at this myself as I may marry my Lao GF in the UK as it's difficult to marry in Thailand or Laos. I have been told by a visa agent, that the Marriage Visitor visa is no longer available and she would need a standard visitor visa. Obviously our plans to marry while in the UK would form part of the application. A fiance or settlement visa won't be appropriate as we have no intention of living in the UK.

Yes. The Visitor Marriage visa is only for people who want to marry in the UK but not settle there, much like western couples who marry in exotic places like Thailand! I am looking at this myself as I may marry my Lao GF in the UK as it's difficult to marry in Thailand or Laos. I have been told by a visa agent, that the Marriage Visitor visa is no longer available and she would need a standard visitor visa. Obviously our plans to marry while in the UK would form part of the application. A fiance or settlement visa won't be appropriate as we have no intention of living in the UK.

You can't marry on a standard visitor visa, check the link posted by thaibutch

You can't marry on a standard visitor visa, check the link posted by thaibutch

You're right; I think the confusion lies in it still being termed a Visitor Visa.

Our government like to confuse people

They certainly confused the O.P. He could be in a bit of a predicament.

They certainly confused the O.P. He could be in a bit of a predicament.

They confused me as I didn't realise that my money (self employed) is not as good as money from people that are employed.

Delayed application for the wife's settlement visa by 6 months

They confused me as I didn't realise that my money (self employed) is not as good as money from people that are employed.

Delayed application for the wife's settlement visa by 6 months

how so ?

how so ?

£62500 savings   £18600 salary

If you are employed you can mix n match if either your salary or savings are not enough 

If you are self employed it is one or the other which I didn't realise when I paid £21000 cash for a new van, it left me with £50k so I found out I was £12500 short as I couldn't use salary to boost it up as employees can.

I raised the difference but then it has to be in my bank for 6 months until I can put her visa application in which is April 9th.

Discrimination by our government but nothing that can be done about it. 

If you are employed you can mix n match if either your salary or savings are not enough 

If you are self employed it is one or the other which I didn't realise when I paid £21000 cash for a new van, it left me with £50k so I found out I was £12500 short as I couldn't use salary to boost it up as employees can.

I raised the difference but then it has to be in my bank for 6 months until I can put her visa application in which is April 9th.

It's shocking that Brits need to go through this when EU Citizens in the UK don't. I know how I'll be voting when that useless arsehole Cameron decides to have a vote on the EU.

Hang on, are you saying you didn't have £18,600 salary ?

I never earn more than £10,000 a year  :GoldenSmile1:

Being self employed has many benefits but there are also things that go against you sometimes, this is one example, getting a mortgage/finance is another.

I never earn more than £10,000 a year :GoldenSmile1:

Being self employed has many benefits but there are also things that go against you sometimes, this is one example, getting a mortgage/finance is another.

Been self employed I know the feeling , ive only earnt a whole £700 since December 1st [emoji23]

How the hell do I afford to live , the wife's gonna hate me soon haha [emoji106]

Been self employed I know the feeling , ive only earnt a whole £700 since December 1st [emoji23]

How the hell do I afford to live , the wife's gonna hate me soon haha [emoji106]

It's a hard life living on bread and water

I'm self-employed as well. Last year was the only year in the last 7 that I've earned less than the 18.6k mentioned. I need to earn 28K a year just to break even :o

I hear you about the mortgage. Fucking trapped in a rental hell and the cocksuckers keep hiking it up every year at a time when everything else is going down :SteamingMad:

I've just had my wifes application refused, we've appealed but not sure if I'll get it.

Plan is now to concentrate on the finacial requirements and try again from Thailand in 6 months.

A least as we've appealed the wife can stay in the UK for now.

:)

I've just had my wifes application refused, we've appealed but not sure if I'll get it.

Plan is now to concentrate on the finacial requirements and try again from Thailand in 6 months.

A least as we've appealed the wife can stay in the UK for now.

Settlement visa refused?

Settlement visa refused?

Yes mate.

Applied from the uk which was a risk under human rights as both my parents were terminal and my wife was helping to care for them.

She was on a family visa and as my parents both past away they refused it.

I couldn't show enough salary also as I was also caring for them.

The appeal is unlikely but it buys us time so we can get the the 6 months salary requirement together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes mate.

Applied from the uk which was a risk under human rights as both my parents were terminal and my wife was helping to care for them.

She was on a family visa and as my parents both past away they refused it.

I couldn't show enough salary also as I was also caring for them.

The appeal is unlikely but it buys us time so we can get the the 6 months salary requirement together.

Annoying our government when we can see them bend of backwards to help others with no connections to this country whatsoever

And they don't charge them, they don't insist on language tests, financial records etc etc

Annoying our government when we can see them bend of backwards to help others with no connections to this country whatsoever

And they don't charge them, they don't insist on language tests, financial records etc etc

Agreed.

Paid almost 2k already plus £360 fee for the appeal and then if I reapply I have to pay again.

:(

Would it not be possible for a self employed person to hike his earnings with his accountant for the period that it takes to get the settlement visa and then resume as before

I have done this in the past to gain a mortgage , just saying !!

How do you cook the books to get a mortgage application approved?   I'm genuinely interested because the lenders would just laugh at me if I applied for a mortgage in this town :Banghead2:

Agreed.

Paid almost 2k already plus £360 fee for the appeal and then if I reapply I have to pay again.

It's seriously NOT FAIR.

Britain is no longer for the British. Second class in that Country. The whole thing's a joke.

Would it not be possible for a self employed person to hike his earnings with his accountant for the period that it takes to get the settlement visa and then resume as before

I have done this in the past to gain a mortgage , just saying !!

Can't do it anymore, they want to see all your books and that every transaction matches your bank statements.

My accountant said it could be done but would end up with me getting about a 4 grand tax bill instead of £260 so I went for the savings route.

Agreed.

Wankers aint they

How do you cook the books to get a mortgage application approved?   I'm genuinely interested because the lenders would just laugh at me if I applied for a mortgage in this town :Banghead2:

Very hard to do these days

It's seriously NOT FAIR.

Britain is no longer for the British. Second class in that Country. The whole thing's a joke.

It is a joke mate

Archived