IGNORED

THE COFFEE CLUB / Restaurant - Cafe - Bar

Harpunero

And yet they have more than one in the country.

Don't go giving advice to these operators ,lest you want to look like a complete fool.

I wasnt giving advice at all. Just commenting.

As for me being a fool: they're still working but I retired at 50. They need customers but I dont need their restaurant at all.

McDonalds also has a lot of branches and I'm equally surprised that so many people choose to eat there. I wouldn't.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

390B for a pork chop with Thai basil sauce and rice? It certainly sounds very expensive and I'm surprised they find enough buyers here at that price: there are so many other places in town to go to.

In fact I'm surprised that anyone prepared to spend 390B on a pork chop would be in Pattaya at all.

Of course there are cheaper options, but some people feel more comfortable with the familiar ambience of a western style restaurant/cafe (nice decor, furniture, clean, air con etc), especially a 'name brand' (Coffee Club is a big international brand now).

The food looks pretty good to me. Though some dishes are a little bit more than I think I'd like to pay (including he 390 baht pork chop, but it looks delicious in the picture!), most prices are about what you'd expect at a place like this. The breakfast, pastas and 'Everyday Thai' dishes look better value.

I hope the coffee is good.

Thanks OP.

I like the coffee club when I'm in the mood for some western food and style.

Having been a number of times, their "corporate procedures" become a bit annoying.

They have been drilled to bring you the menu open at a particular page, repeat the order even if is just one item. Wish you an enjoyable meal and 3.5 minutes later bring you the napkins and ask if meal is ok.

Seems friendly the first few times, but then you realise its a drill or their companies routine.

But enjoyable all in all.

Funny I never tried there coffee.   :GoldenSmile1:

But I usually have the Caesar salad with salmon.  Mmmmmm.

I'm not knocking the place, though I would never go myself as there are so many other places that do similar or better food for less money.

I'm just surprised that they find enough takers here at those prices. I was equally surprised by the 1000B pizza place in front of Dicey Reilly's, though I'm not sure that actually stood the test of time in its original form.

If either was in Monaco or Tokyo or the luxurious parts of London or New York, or even the better malls in Bangkok, I would not be surprised at all. But here, in the middle of the dirt and sleaze and ultra-cheap package tourists of all nationalities? It just seems odd.

Has Nixon reviewed it yet ? .....I won't go anywhere unless he's given it the OK first.  :rolleyes:

I'm not knocking the place, though I would never go myself as there are so many other places that do similar or better food for less money.

I'm just surprised that they find enough takers here at those prices. I was equally surprised by the 1000B pizza place in front of Dicey Reilly's, though I'm not sure that actually stood the test of time in its original form.

If either was in Monaco or Tokyo or the luxurious parts of London or New York, or even the better malls in Bangkok, I would not be surprised at all. But here, in the middle of the dirt and sleaze and ultra-cheap package tourists of all nationalities? It just seems odd.

I see my last response was deleted for some reason so let me say this.

I think you may be underestimating the bankroll of some visitors that not only visit Pattaya,but live there as well.

Some of them even retired before the age of 50.

Expensive. Paying 3 times as much for atmosphere. If that's what you're into, fine. I'm into the food, so atmosphere is lost on me.

Haha its like a anything you get what you pay for

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Actually, that's one of the great things about Pattaya is its variety of cuisines from all over the world, at all budget ranges. Where else can you get such an eclectic range of cuisines? 

In some ways, Pattaya has changed for the best. In the midst of all this 'sleaze' is actually a vibrant city like no where else in the world, where a horny monger and a family tourist can feel at ease with each other, walking around the same areas with no problems. 

After all, P4P isn't the sole reason why Pattaya attracts me, it's the whole ambiance of the city, and the way you have so many options to enjoy yourself whether on extreme budget or extravagance. I'd rather have that than be stuck in some dump where there's no world class hotels, dining, and entertainment options. 

Pattaya is the Las Vegas of the East, where sin and (family) fun go together beautifully.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Anyone know where else one can get a good cup of decaf in patts apart from coffee club..

There's a couple of Starbucks close by with decent coffee, but I prefer the coffee at Au Bon Pain. There's one at RGP and one at the Avenue.

Look around you. Pattaya isn't all sleaze. The Hiltons and Marriots of the world are here. International name brand boutiques in the malls. Contrary to the popular image of balloon chasing OAPs there is also a burgeoning fine dining scene (not saying Coffee Club is fine dining) supported by expats with serious bank.

There's a couple of Starbucks close by with decent coffee, but I prefer the coffee at Au Bon Pain. There's one at RGP and one at the Avenue.

the au bon pain at the front of RGP beach rd changed to a korean chicken joint earlier in the year

Has Nixon reviewed it yet ? .....I won't go anywhere unless he's given it the OK first.  :rolleyes:

Yes did the one in Naklua!  Not impressed, over priced franchised food and burnt espresso coffee!..

Actually, that's one of the great things about Pattaya is its variety of cuisines from all over the world, at all budget ranges. Where else can you get such an eclectic range of cuisines? 

In some ways, Pattaya has changed for the best. In the midst of all this 'sleaze' is actually a vibrant city like no where else in the world, where a horny monger and a family tourist can feel at ease with each other, walking around the same areas with no problems. 

After all, P4P isn't the sole reason why Pattaya attracts me, it's the whole ambiance of the city, and the way you have so many options to enjoy yourself whether on extreme budget or extravagance. I'd rather have that than be stuck in some dump where there's no world class hotels, dining, and entertainment options. 

Pattaya is the Las Vegas of the East, where sin and (family) fun go together beautifully.

At no point did I say that Pattaya wasnt a good place to find many cuisines at a reasonable price. Indeed that's one of the two main reasons I live here (the other being tax).

I dont have a family but if I did then Pattaya would be the last place I would bring them. I see little of any interest to families here. Indeed I see little of any interest to anyone apart from the aforementioned many cuisines and friendly tax regime, and perhaps golf though that isn't cheap here any more. Hookers? There's better and cheaper and cleaner and slimmer in many other places.

The other places I mentioned as being the sorts of places one would expect to find a pork chop at 390B were London, New York, Monaco and Tokyo. These are hardly "some dump where there's no world class hotels, dining, and entertainment options".

I think you may be underestimating the bankroll of some visitors that not only visit Pattaya,but live there as well.

Some of them even retired before the age of 50.

I dare say they did.

But if I had a lot more money than I do then I think I would rather be somewhere a bit more upmarket than here. I've seen people here driving around in open-top BMWs and assorted luxury sports cars, and they all look very out of place to me. I'd rather drive my sports car somewhere nicer where there are fewer potholes and cleaner air and a nicer climate (assuming I wanted a sports car at all, which I don't). The south of France, perhaps, where there are many other such people and vehicles. Pattaya is better suited to pick-up trucks and Japanese sedans and motorbikes.

Just walked past coffee club in naklua. It was empty ....but bon cafe a few doors away was rather full. We settled on a new little place called bread & milk. The usual coffee choices but also thick toast with peanut butter and another with thai tea custard (20 baht each!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes did the one in Naklua! Not impressed, over priced franchised food and burnt espresso coffee!..

I reiterate, once again, most of the breakfasts you review, I would not feed to a Soi dog, which, to be fair, says more about the quality of the breakfasts than it does your taste.

Funny discussion about a pork for 390 Baht.

For me it´s very simple. I have a sensitive stomach and when I´m visiting Patty just for a few days, I prefer Restaurants, where

I´m usually safe with food. The Coffee Club is just one of them.

By the way. The menu is not only about pork. There are also other good and cheaper options.

• 1 month later...

I found it interesting that this Australian chain restaurant had found its way to Pattaya. Turns out the food is of a similar quality to the Coffee Clubs back in Oz, with the price to match. Coffee is reasonable, but then again Coffee Club is not my first choice back home when I feel the need for a coffee. The boys from Brisbane have come a long way!

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Nice , but way overpriced.

• 5 months later...

Still one of my favourite places to eat...

Green Curry - very good....round about 200 Baht...

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

Archived