IGNORED

24 7 Boutique....hard to beat!

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Construction still ongoing in July (only working on basement) noise was a bit of a pain when hungover, I had a rear facing room.  I liked the see through shower but blinds are there for people who don't like

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beds too firm?

then not me...i just cant sleep (and fuck) on hard mattress...had a similar issue last year in my room in Page 10....never had this issue during my previous stays in Page 10....thats why looking for a different hotel this trip.....

please suggest one which has soft and comfortable mattress.

beds too firm?

then not me...i just cant sleep (and fuck) on hard mattress...had a similar issue last year in my room in page 10....never had this issue during my previous stays in page 10....thats why looking for a different hotel this trip.....

They will put on a mattress topper on request, but I totally understand your feelings. On the same street, I liked the mattress at Bay Breeze, and a bit down Soi Buakhao, Boomerang guest house beds are IMO outstanding. 

beds too firm?

then not me...i just cant sleep (and fuck) on hard mattress...had a similar issue last year in my room in page 10....never had this issue during my previous stays in page 10....thats why looking for a different hotel this trip.....

If you like a soft and comfortable mattress try March hotel. This hotel has a more comfortable mattress than my home $2000 Spring Air Mattress.

If you like a soft and comfortable mattress try March Hotel. This hotel has a more comfortable mattress than my home $2000 Spring Air Mattress.

just checked online and room looks nice for that price but far too inside for my liking...i prefer to stay around soi-10....as its convenient to travel on both sides.

I booked a few nights at the 24 7 Botique hotel for October (nonrefundable booking) before seeing this thread and the post about the 20+ policy. Ugh! I should have done more research before booking. With the age policy and nearby construction, I'm not feeling too great about staying there now...

I booked a few nights at the 24 7 Botique hotel for October (nonrefundable booking) before seeing this thread and the post about the 20+ policy. Ugh! I should have done more research before booking. With the age policy and nearby construction, I'm not feeling too great about staying there now...

I don't think they make such a fuss about 20+

Probably depends on staff.

I remember twice bringing a 18 year old , id was looked at both times but nothing said , also one girl did not have id ...

So , i just told staff i only need about an hour , gave them a blink and got a OK with a smile back.

The staff there are very nice.

AC broke during my recent stay, and they brought standing fan as replacement.  Even girl was too wiped out from boom boom with no AC 555. Think this hotel is on decline now, and I love the location but hard bed, weak AC, cold water, etc is too much to overcome excellent location.  Couple of poor recent reviews on tripadvisor as well.  

My buddies and I had no problems in any of the 4 rooms we had. I didn't notice the bed to be too firm. We all enjoyed our stay there and staff was very accommodating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Here are some photos of the 247 pool. It's an infinity pool with lounges on two sides. You won't be able to take a midnight swim though, as they lock the door to the pool area after dark.

IMG_0142 (3).JPG

IMG_0144 (3).JPG

Staying at 247 Boutique for the second time next week. Nice and clean with modern look, and very nicely located. I'll update if anything changes after my stay.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I like 24/7 a lot and it's my goto hotel in Pattaya. 
For my next trip end of May (for 11 nights), the rates they published on their website are absurdely high (~2100++ / night). On booking sites it's expensive as well.
Normally, their website rates come down a LOT if you book on short notice. if you can get it for ~1200 all in , it's great value and up to ~1500 i would still stay there. 

But i decided to try a different approach: i sent them an email and quickly got an answer and they offered me 1400 / night (incl service charge & taxes) without breakfast or 1500 / night with breakfast. 
combined with the fact that you can cancel free of charge up to 14 days in advance (and afterwards it's only a 1 night charge if you don't show up  at all), it's imho a very solid offer. 
i cannot guarantee that you get the same rates (as i said, i stay there very regularly, maybe that played a role, no idea), but it's likely.

if i find a cheaper rate closer to my next trip, i'll simply cancel and rebook, but otherwise it's nice to have an ok rate guaranteed already. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, petehoax said:

I like 24/7 a lot and it's my go-to hotel in Pattaya. 
For my next trip end of May (for 11 nights), the rates they published on their website are absurdely high (~2100++ / night). On booking sites it's expensive as well.

Just checked hotels.com for 247 Boutique on May 28/29 and the price was under 1400 baht. Checked Agoda and that was a bit more (1960 baht), but there are decent prices if you look around.

^ Great post, I stay there regularly as well (some staff think I live in BKK and come down every so often! 555), and will also be staying in May, will give it a go. I did a last minute booking for next week and Booking.com was better than their website at last minute, but will check regularly.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

44 minutes ago, briguy said:

Just checked hotels.com for 247 Boutique Boutique on May 28/29 and the price was under 1400 baht. Checked Agoda and that was a bit more (1960 baht), but there are decent prices if you look around.

not sure what you looked at, but price on hotels.com is 1831 / night, see screenshot below. (which btw is a non-cancelable price)

i suspect you looked at March 28/29, where the price is indeed 1342 / night. if you indeed have an offer of sub1400 for may 27th to june 7th, i'm very happy if you let me know where exactly. 

as i said, there's a good chance that i'll find a cheaper price. but it's nice to have a solid rate guaranteed. 

image.png.758792932b6491a9a057f5c6f37d1eac.png

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, petehoax said:

Normally, their website rates come down a LOT if you book on short notice. if you can get it for ~1200 all in , it's great value and up to ~1500 i would still stay there. 

But i decided to try a different approach: i sent them an email and quickly got an answer and they offered me 1400 / night (incl service charge & taxes) without breakfast or 1500 / night with breakfast. 
combined with the fact that you can cancel free of charge up to 14 days in advance (and afterwards it's only a 1 night charge if you don't show up  at all), it's imho a very solid offer. 
i cannot guarantee that you get the same rates (as i said, i stay there very regularly, maybe that played a role, no idea), but it's likely.

if i find a cheaper rate closer to my next trip, i'll simply cancel and rebook, but otherwise it's nice to have an ok rate guaranteed already. 

Those are decent rates you got there mate....well done.

More expensive than Mercure, tiny pool and worse location.  Sorry not seeing the value in this one guys. 

3 hours ago, petehoax said:

not sure what you looked at, but price on hotels.com is 1831 / night, see screenshot below. (which btw is a non-cancelable price)

i suspect you looked at March 28/29, where the price is indeed 1342 / night. if you indeed have an offer of sub1400 for may 27th to june 7th, i'm very happy if you let me know where exactly.

No, definitely looked at May dates. I am a hotels.com rewards member, so I signed in and looked up 247 Boutique. It is listed as a special deal with $ 76 US crossed out and replaced with $ 43.

As for nzwolfgang's misgivings about staying there, while I have nothing to compare it with, I would recommend it because I had absolutely no problems staying there. A few blocks from Central Festival Mall, quiet hotel, comfortable bed. Sure, the pool is small, but there were at most two other people there when I visited in the afternoons.

9 hours ago, petehoax said:

I think mate your strategy is good,this hotel is well worth the 1400b they offered you.

Based on my experience i would expect that this price might go a bit lower (in the 1200b range),particularly since its low season,so yes check the prices regularly on other booking sites.

7 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

More expensive than Mercure, tiny pool and worse location.  Sorry not seeing the value in this one guys. 

I haven’t been to the Mercure for a few years, but my impression was of a decent/good 3 star (I know they say 4 star hotel). Location is excellent, but so too is 24/7. Rooms are of a large size in the Mercure, but a little jaded IMHO....whereas 24/7 smaller (but not tiny) more modern rooms. The pool at the Mercure is great...it’s a proper ‘resort’ style pool, only complaint I have come across is of people reserving sun beds all day - now the pool in 24/7 isn’t tiny, long enough to have a proper workout, and although there are only a handful of sun beds, I have never had a problem getting one...pool area usually quiet.

Both hotels have excellent customer service, but personally I felt that Mercure is more family or biz oriented, whereas 24/7 is for the likes of us :P

11 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

sorry, but it's stupid to say "worse location" if you don't know what the person is looking for and what he values. for me, it's nearly the perfect location. 

for me personally, 247 is clearly the better location than mercure (assuming you're talking about the one on soi15; the mercure ocean front is not even worth having a location discussion about). 
and while i've never stayed at mercure, i looked just now at the hotel and there's absolutely nothing that would make me stay there. i don't want a huge resort pool with a playground slide and (maybe) kids running around. and i don't want to stay in a big hotel where it takes 5min from the lobby to reach my room. 

and i WANT to stay in a hotel room with an open bathroom with a glass wall, because well, i like that and it's fun to look at the girl taking a shower. and i like a rooftop pool that gets sun most of the day and is really quiet. and i'm happy that the pool is small, because all i do is jump in for 30 seconds and then i go out again. 

now, if you're happy with mercure, great. but it's nothing for me.

7 hours ago, briguy said:

No, definitely looked at May dates. I am a hotels.com rewards member, so I signed in and looked up 247 Boutique Boutique. It is listed as a special deal with $ 76 US crossed out and replaced with $ 43.

As for nzwolfgang's misgivings about staying there, while I have nothing to compare it with, I would recommend it because I had absolutely no problems staying there. A few blocks from Central Festival Mall, quiet hotel, comfortable bed. Sure, the pool is small, but there were at most two other people there when I visited in the afternoons.

if you look at it from the US version of hotels.com , it shows you the prices without taxes & service charge. with taxes, it's $51 aka 1610thb. you can try for yourself: switch the country flag to for example UK, and the price is automatically with taxes & service charge included.

but the other problem with the hotels.com price is as i showed in my screenshot above: they charge thb2825 for the 31st and the 1st. so average price creeps up to 1831 thb for my stay. 
and on top of it: it's not only more expensive, it's also non-cancelable. 

anyway: still thanks for trying to help. 

49 minutes ago, petehoax said:

sorry, but it's stupid to say "worse location" if you don't know what the person is looking for and what he values. for me, it's nearly the perfect location. 

for me personally, 247 Boutique is clearly the better location than Mercure (assuming you're talking about the one on soi15; the Mercure ocean front is not even worth having a location discussion about). 
and while i've never stayed at Mercure, i looked just now at the hotel and there's absolutely nothing that would make me stay there. i don't want a huge resort pool with a playground slide and (maybe) kids running around. and i don't want to stay in a big hotel where it takes 5min from the lobby to reach my room. 

and i WANT to stay in a hotel room with an open bathroom with a glass wall, because well, i like that and it's fun to look at the girl taking a shower. and i like a rooftop pool that gets sun most of the day and is really quiet. and i'm happy that the pool is small, because all i do is jump in for 30 seconds and then i go out again. 

now, if you're happy with Mercure, great. but it's nothing for me.

if you look at it from the US version of hotels.com , it shows you the prices without taxes & service charge. with taxes, it's $51 aka 1610thb. you can try for yourself: switch the country flag to for example UK, and the price is automatically with taxes & service charge included.

but the other problem with the hotels.com price is as i showed in my screenshot above: they charge thb2825 for the 31st and the 1st. so average price creeps up to 1831 thb for my stay. 
and on top of it: it's not only more expensive, it's also non-cancelable. 

anyway: still thanks for trying to help. 

Thoughtful and well argued post...good points all.

Don't forget to clear cookies from your PC when going backwards and forwards on hotel booking sites as some of them increase prices each time you input the same dates and hotels.

Archived