IGNORED

How younger people can stay (visa) longer in Thailand?

learningthaihelp

I am a bit dubious about the information in the link. Why would they charge so little (1000 Baht) for a 6 month stay on the single entry visa?

No idea mate. We will find out soon either way, only a month away.

Article I just saw in the Bangkok Post sats the 1000 baht visa is just a 60 day visa so who knows.

"

The new multiple-entry visa will cost 5,000 baht, versus 1,000 baht for a single-entry, 60-day visa, which can be extended in-country for up to 30 days for an additional fee.

"

http://m.bangkokpost.com/news/702720

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new multiple-entry visa is also a tourist visa. I don't think its a smart idea to get this one.

I'm 25 myself. I started with tourist visa's 6 years ago, then ED's, a B visa, more ED's and eventually I even got refused entry at the airport.

After that I had 2 single entry O visa's based on the birth certificate of my daughter and now the 5 year Elite visa.

Basically, you have two choices. You either go to school and learn the language for up to 3 years, or buy the 5 year Elite visa for 500k.

Who pays the tax on the 'income'? I think from memory there is a minimum pay amount and tax must be paid on that amount regardless of whether it is earned or not.

In any case employee would pay the tax either via fee or directly to tax office. But this is not such huge amount - as example: minimum required monthly income for western nationals applying for extension on stay is 50k thb; on 600k yearly income one would pay 29k tax (this can be reduced with retirement funds, insurance schemes and family support).

Never did it myself but has anyone thought about flying in and out every 30 days without a visa ? Or is this not possible ?

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I am a bit dubious about the information in the link.

Why would they charge so little (1000 Baht) for a 6 month stay on the single entry visa?

You misunderstood their article. "6 months" is the duration of the validity of the visa (so the period you must use it to enter Thailand), not the duration you can stay in Thailand!

All entries give you 60 days max, being for a single-entry visa or a multi-entry visa (or for 2-entry and 3-entry if still exist...)

Never did it myself but has anyone thought about flying in and out every 30 days without a visa ? Or is this not possible ?

Yes it is.Just avoid Don Muang or Phuket.

There is a "three-in-a-row" rule for visa waiver stamps, each extendable for 30 days, which could give you about 1/2 year.

I am still unsure about the definition of "in-a-row" as some may come annually, will the forth years be a problem?

How about two times per year?

flew in to LOS up to  5 times for holiday spread over  1 year in the past, never had any problem. but holidays of 30 days weren't back to back.

so it wasn't 3-in-a-row i guess !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

flew in to LOS up to  5 times for holiday spread over  1 year in the past, never had any problem. but holidays of 30 days weren't back to back.

so it wasn't 3-in-a-row i guess !

I think that is positive news and shed a little light on the "3", though it would still be good if someone come across a clear definition.

Thank you for posting that.

I think that is positive news and shed a little light on the "3", though it would still be good if someone come across a clear definition.

Thank you for posting that.

I think the problem is that the policy is not applied evenly and when someone posts their experience someone else posts that theirs was different. It seems to be a case of your luck on the day.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There is a "three-in-a-row" rule for visa waiver stamps, each extendable for 30 days, which could give you about 1/2 year.

I am still unsure about the definition of "in-a-row" as some may come annually, will the forth years be a problem?

How about two times per year?

Do you mean there is a " 3 in a row" rule on the visa waiver if you EXTEND them in immigration every time,not on a ordinary visa excempt  which is also extendable?

Sorry,english is nt my native language ;-)

Do you mean there is a " 3 in a row" rule on the visa waiver if you EXTEND them in immigration every time,not on a ordinary visa excempt  which is also extendable?

Sorry,english is nt my native language ;-)

The is a "3 in a row" rule concerning the use of visa waivers and I believe anyone of them can be extended.

There seems not to be much clarity as to what "3 in a row" actually means, except I have read accounts that "tourists" who have left Thailand for a minimal time (like a daytrip to the border) have been denied entry the forth time.

Years ago there was another rule which was (IIRC) maximum 90 days in the last 180 days.

That rule proved too difficult to administer and was abolished, though I did enter once and received less than 30 days which did not matter as I was not staying more than a week or so.

There is no three in a row rule. Alt ought the computers at the Survanabumi immigration will show a notice if you arrive a lot on visa waivers. Not sure by how many.

Staying here long term on visa waivers is a stupid idea anyway. Using tourist visas to live here isn't smart as well.

Use a the kind of visa for what they are meant for.

Which means:

- A tourist visa when you're a tourist (which means in most, of not all cases you booked a hotel/accommodation and have a return ticket)

- An Education visa when you're going to study Thai language (which requires a certain amount of hours per week nowadays)

- A Thai-Elite visa when you have enough money to stay in Thailand long-term while NOT working

- A Non Immigrant B visa when you are going to engage in ANY work here in Thailand (solution for freelancers: Iglu)

Etc etc.

If you try work around the system you will get busted eventually. I'm the living proof of that myself using an "under the table" ED visa from the Pattaya immigration. Which is fine as long as you're in Pattaya, but can cause problems elsewhere.

IMHO, at you age, it may be a smarter idea to do 6 months Thailand, 6 months home. I can name a few good reasons. I came here when I was 19 and been here basically full time ever since however;

- You consume much much more alcohol than is good for you.

- You will spend more than you ever intended too.

- There will be no structure in your life anymore.

- Believe it or not, you can start feeling alone here. Then, because of that, make stupid decisions as getting a live-in GF which, in most cases, will only make things worse.

- You are NOT protected in any way here in Thailand. You're on your own as soon as you get into trouble.

- If you can't afford a Thai Elite visa, or Iglu is to expensive for you, you do not have enough money to save, but just enough to get by. In that case, living in Thailand is a very very bad idea. Nobody gives a fuck as soon as you get into money problems. No pension, no savings, what are you doing to do when you hit 60+?

- It'll all stay special if you're here just 6 months a year.

I had the luck myself to make a very decent amount of money online which helped a lot while in some of the above problems. And I had the luck to have a group of young, like-minded friends that help each other out.

Now, I have a 2.5 year old daughter, a wife and properties which makes leaving Thailand much more difficult. If I could do it all over again, 6 months here, 6 months off is a no brainer.

A triple entry can give you near 270 days.

Three entrees each 2 months + extendable 30 days. 

Last entry must be 6 months before date of issue which makes 9 months theoretical, but near doable.

I am currently on a triple entry and arrived LOS 5 days after issue which means 265 days.

Think the US embassy is about the only embassy in the world that still hands out triple entries . For example

in Holland or any of Thailand's neighboring countries i can't get anything else but a single entry . 

To the OP , 

been having the same problem for the last 7 years and there's no easy way to get a longer stay visa besides 

the already mentioned ones . 

The last 3 years i have been doing without any visa and just every month made a trip to Cambodia . 

There is no three in a row rule. Alt ought the computers at the Survanabumi immigration will show a notice if you arrive a lot on visa waivers. Not sure by how many.

Staying here long term on visa waivers is a stupid idea anyway. Using tourist visas to live here isn't smart as well.

Use a the kind of visa for what they are meant for.

Which means:

- A tourist visa when you're a tourist (which means in most, of not all cases you booked a hotel/accommodation and have a return ticket)

- An Education visa when you're going to study Thai language (which requires a certain amount of hours per week nowadays)

- A Thai-Elite visa when you have enough money to stay in Thailand long-term while NOT working

- A Non Immigrant B visa when you are going to engage in ANY work here in Thailand (solution for freelancers: Iglu)

Etc etc.

If you try work around the system you will get busted eventually. I'm the living proof of that myself using an "under the table" ED visa from the Pattaya immigration. Which is fine as long as you're in Pattaya, but can cause problems elsewhere.

IMHO, at you age, it may be a smarter idea to do 6 months Thailand, 6 months home. I can name a few good reasons. I came here when I was 19 and been here basically full time ever since however;

- You consume much much more alcohol than is good for you.

- You will spend more than you ever intended too.

- There will be no structure in your life anymore.

- Believe it or not, you can start feeling alone here. Then, because of that, make stupid decisions as getting a live-in GF which, in most cases, will only make things worse.

- You are NOT protected in any way here in Thailand. You're on your own as soon as you get into trouble.

- If you can't afford a Thai Elite visa, or Iglu is to expensive for you, you do not have enough money to save. Just to spend. In that case, living in Thailand is a very very bad idea. Nobody gives a fuck as soon as you get into money problems. No pension, no savings, what are you doing to do when you hit 60+?

- It'll all stay special if you're here just 6 months a year.

I had the luck myself to make a very decent amount of money online which helped a lot while in some of the above problems. And I had the luck to have a group of young, like-minded friends that help each other out.

Now, I have a 2.5 year old daughter, a wife and properties which makes leaving Thailand much more difficult. If I could do it all over again, 6 months here, 6 months off is a no brainer.

Good post. But the highlighted line seems to be a very common misconception. You do not need to study Thai language to get an ED visa. There are plenty of other subjects you can study, even Muay Thai.

Think the US embassy is about the only embassy in the world that still hands out triple entries . For example

in Holland or any of Thailand's neighboring countries i can't get anything else but a single entry . 

I do not know anything about the US Embassies as I need not deal with them concerning visas.

I presume you mean Thai consulates in the US.

The Thai embassy in the US does not (to the best of my knowledge) issues triple entry visas, but a few select consulates in the US do.

I have also been under the impression that the consulate in Hull, England is the same ... maybe that has changed.

There are in fact still many other countries where you can get these 3-entry visa, like UK.

But also more and more countries (or places) who stop to deliver them.

Last I saw is: Los Angeles Consulate no longer issuing triple entry visas

Probably more places will stop it when the multi-entry arrive, end of this year.

I stayed in Thailand for 8 years starting with back to back 60 days from Lao then education visa.

I had my own house and truck, had thais to do my garden, clean my house and my pool.

I spent about 130k baht a month.

I am now 47 years old and 18 months ago I was told by immigration that because I am not 50 I cannot be retired and cannot afford to live in Thailand!!

I sold everything and left.

Bored with worrying about visas. I live in Cambodia and just go there for a few days when I feel like it.

Last time I went, when I was leaving Thailand I got asked by immigration why I stay only 5 days and when I will go back?

I replied I live in Cambodia and do not know when I visit Thai next.

Then got asked why you live Cambodia, why you not live Thailand?

Oh dear I thought but they not understand.

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

my friend is under 50 and rich, now retired here, at 46 he paid 500K for the gold card and said its the best thing he ever did.    5 year visa, they pick you up at the plane with a cart and you get right though immigration with your own guy.  You get free limos to Pattaya if you want.    he passes on that cause we have a favorite taxi guy that is without many customers, and so he gets picked up in a truck and we over pay him.

depending on how you do it, this might be cheaper.  visa runs every 30 or 60 days are not cheap when you add everything up.

my friend said he might do it again when he is over 50,   he likes the airport treatment

I do not know anything about the US Embassies as I need not deal with them concerning visas.

I presume you mean Thai consulates in the US.

The Thai embassy in the US does not (to the best of my knowledge) issues triple entry visas, but a few select consulates in the US do.

I have also been under the impression that the consulate in Hull, England is the same ... maybe that has changed.

I meant the Thai embassy/consulate in the US of course . 

my friend said he might do it again when he is over 50,   he likes the airport treatment

I believe anyone can pay to use the same service each time they enter.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

my friend is under 50 and rich, now retired here, at 46 he paid 500K for the gold card and said its the best thing he ever did.    5 year visa, they pick you up at the plane with a cart and you get right though immigration with your own guy.  You get free limos to Pattaya if you want.    he passes on that cause we have a favorite taxi guy that is without many customers, and so he gets picked up in a truck and we over pay him.

depending on how you do it, this might be cheaper.  visa runs every 30 or 60 days are not cheap when you add everything up.

It certainly is convenient , but there is no free transport to Pattaya. It's max 80KM.

It certainly is convenient , but there is no free transport to Pattaya. It's max 80KM.

thanks for that, dont really know since I dont use it and neither does he.   they did tell him it was free, but maybe they expected him to walk the rest of the way

Archived