IGNORED

How younger people can stay (visa) longer in Thailand?

learningthaihelp

I'm 27yo and I'm self-employee (working at the internet).

I spent last 3 years in Thailand on Tourist Visa (double entry from Laos). But last time when I was aplying for visa I was told, that I'm abusing tourist visa system, which can lead to visa refusal in the future.

Now I'm back in Europe and I'm looking for a possibility, how to go back to Thailand.

Is there any better way (type of visa), how to stay in Thailand for longer period of time at my age?

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Methinks now you can pay 5000b for a 90 day visa.

Alternatively enrol as a student is some bs course or another.

marry a thai or get a work permit ...... if you are minted the elite card is an option  :GoldenSmile1:

I'm paying taxes in Europe, so I don't need working permit in Thailand.

I'm working, so I'm not interested in studying in Thailand.

And I'm not planning to ruin my life by marring somebody.

Isn't there some kind of "non-working non-holiday long period of stay" type of visa (and for people before retirement)?

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

There are two possibilities. Either the Thailand Easy Access provision under the Thai Elite scheme (at 500 000 Baht for 5 years) or an education visa. I believe they have tightened the controls on the later. There aren't many options as they do not want people your age staying long term in Thailand.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Isn't there some kind of "non-working non-holiday long period of stay" type of visa (and for people before retirement)?

Given that you only options are the insecure revolving door tourist visa route or Thai Elite. There are no legal long term visas that fit your requirements.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

No there isn't. And you still need a work permit to work in thailand even if you are only working online and doesn't matter if you're still paying taxes in Europe or not.

For the education visa you don't actually have to do any studying with some schools but I think they have been clamping down on that. Flying back and forth to Europe after your triple entry tourist visa from your thai consulate in Europe finishes is your best bet if you don't want to risk being rejected by the embassy in Laos.

That statement is wrong. You work in Thailand -> You need a work-permit. As simple as that.

There are two possibilities. Either the Thailand Easy Access provision // or an education visa.

There are more options.

He could by example buy a nice condominium that would allow him an "Investment Visa" (a non-Imm visa)

By your own admission you are working in Thailand online..so how do you come to the conclusion you don't need a work permit.?

Wouldn't it be great if we could all make up the rules and laws simply to fit our own situation

No there isn't. And you still need a work permit to work in thailand even if you are only working online and doesn't matter if you're still paying taxes in Europe or not.

For the education visa you don't actually have to do any studying with some schools but I think they have been clamping down on that. Flying back and forth to Europe after your triple entry tourist visa from your thai consulate in Europe finishes is your best bet if you don't want to risk being rejected by the embassy in Laos.

Any more info about triple entry visa? How long I can stay per 1 entry (2 months?) And how to apply? I can google just regular double entry visa.... .

Are you all making assumptions about needing WP for online work? Thai immigration officials seems to disagree with you.

Digital nomads – people working remotely or running online businesses – in Thailand can legally work there on tourist visas, said immigration officials in Chiang Mai. CityNews Chiang Mai reported that immigration officials addressed the digital nomad question at a seminar this week, following a recent visa crackdown that raised questions about the future of online entrepreneurs living and working in Thailand. Generally speaking, to work in Thailand, foreigners should hold non-immigrant B visas and must obtain work permits from their employers. However, the increasing number of people working online does not fit into any neat visa category.

Rumors of people with multiple tourist visas and exit-entry stamps being denied at the borders and of crackdowns on foreigners working on tourist visas created uncertainty in the late spring and early summer. Immigration has sought to clarify visa regulations and who exactly the crackdown will affect. At the Chiang Mai seminar, Chiang Mai Immigration Superintendent Pol. Col. Rutphong Sanwanangkun spoke alongside two other officials and affirmed that all current visas will be considered valid, according to CityNews.

The officials said tourist visas would be accepted for the number of times specified on their visas and that there are no limits on the number of tourist visas foreigners can apply for. Visa runs (leaving the country and reentering shortly after) are no longer much of an option, and CityNews wrote, “It is unlikely that travellers will be granted a re-entry stamp after two or three visa runs. If your passport is stamped “O-I” (out-in) upon arrival, it is unlikely that you will be able to re-enter the country again should you decide to do a visa run.”

The crackdown still may have a major impact for foreign English teachers. As Asian Correspondent reported last month, many teachers working at small or understaffed schools work on tourist visas because their schools cannot or will not assist them in getting the proper visa and work permit. Because immigration officials will be more closely scrutinizing those reentering the country with multiple tourist visas and visa exemption stamps, teachers could face challenges continuing to work in Thailand.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/125980/thai-immigration-officials-say-digital-nomads-ok-to-work-on-tourist-visas/

Any more info about triple entry visa? How long I can stay per 1 entry (2 months?) And how to apply? I can google just regular double entry visa.... .

Each stay is 60 days on which you can get a 30 day extension giving you a maximum stay of nearly 180 days. However to get the best value from it you need to time it right as they are valid for 6 months. If you enter on the last day it is valid you still get the full 60 days stay. It is best to contact your nearest consulate to find out if they will issue you one and what is required as the requirements vary between offices.

Is this new 6 months Visa which has been talked about restriced by Age. i thought they wanted to make it easier for tourists to stay  longer and thus spend more.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

That statement is wrong. You work in Thailand -> You need a work-permit. As simple as that.

There are more options.

He could by example buy a nice condominium that would allow him an "Investment Visa" (a non-Imm visa)

Last time I checked, a condo only qualifies as an investment for visa purposes if owned for a minimum of five years. So I don't think an investment visa can be 'bought' in this way.

That was a few years ago, so the rules may have changed. Plus info from the UK Thai consulate may well differ from Thai consulates elsewhere.

Is this new 6 months Visa which has been talked about restriced by Age. i thought they wanted to make it easier for tourists to stay  longer and thus spend more.

The operative word in this is 'tourist'. They do not want people to reside in Thailand on tourist visas.

The new multiple entry visa is not designed for people to reside in Thailand and is more expensive than a double entry tourist visa that will give you close to 6 months.

Are you all making assumptions about needing WP for online work? Thai immigration officials seems to disagree with you.

There have certainly been different interpretations of Visa Regs by different regions and officials, but AFAIK the Law still remains unchanged :-

"A foreigner who engages in work without having the work permit for it shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of not exceeding 5 years or to a fine from THB 2,000 to 100,000 or both."

http://www.thethailandlife.com/working-online-thailand

This is info on the new 6 month tourist visa. It appears it can be 6 month single entry or multi entry. If it is singke entry it will be much cheaper than the double entry.

http://goasia.about.com/od/visaforasia/fl/Thailand-Visa-for-Six-Months.htm

I am a bit dubious about the information in the link. Why would they charge so little (1000 Baht) for a 6 month stay on the single entry visa?

your best option is to talk to a visa agent or try talking to somebody like lamook.  maybe start a business in Thailand and get the correct visa maybe a sub of your present business 

i would recommend  http://www.thaivisa-express.com/    you talk to these guys they dont charge for advise

A triple entry can give you near 270 days.

Three entrees each 2 months + extendable 30 days. 

Last entry must be 6 months before date of issue which makes 9 months theoretical, but near doable.

I am currently on a triple entry and arrived LOS 5 days after issue which means 265 days.

Most the people my age seem to have education visas and turn up to there lessons as little as possible!  I did O visa when i first moved here when i was 25, then B visa,  then education visa for 2 years and now family visa for 3 years I think cuz i am married with a child. I am 33 now.

Last time I checked, a condo only qualifies as an investment for visa purposes if owned for a minimum of five years.

So I don't think an investment visa can be 'bought' in this way.

There is no such "owned for a minimum of five years" for Investment Visa because of owning a condo.

The main limitation is that you must invest 10 millions Baht minimum,

but you can by example buy a 6 mBaht condo and invest 4 mB in bonds; total is 10 mB.

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/857148-pay-and-stay-through-the-investment-visa/

There are companies around which can, for a fee, employ you and arrange work permit which would allow you to get 1 year extensions of stay on non imm visa.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

There is no such "owned for a minimum of five years" for Investment Visa because of owning a condo.

The main limitation is that you must invest 10 millions Baht minimum,

but you can by example buy a 6 mBaht condo and invest 4 mB in bonds; total is 10 mB.

See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/857148-pay-and-stay-through-the-investment-visa/

Under those conditions the The Elite scheme looks more attractive!...:D

There are companies around which can, for a fee, employ you and arrange work permit which would allow you to get 1 year extensions of stay on non imm visa.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Who pays the tax on the 'income'? I think from memory there is a minimum pay amount and tax must be paid on that amount regardless of whether it is earned or not.

Archived