IGNORED

All American Restaurant. The Avenue

ALEXDELLARAY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owner of The Sportsman did a FB review!  He should be looking a bit closer to home before having ago at other places!

Heard some mixed reviews on this place but there was a 2 thumbs up on their chili dogs. Look forward to giving it a try soon

So far everything ive tried in Thailand that said American does not quite taste American. Not that it bad but just not the same and usually not as good. But I have not tried this place.

The owner of The Sportsman did a FB review!  He should be looking a bit closer to home before having ago at other places!

Where is this review?

• 2 weeks later...

Girlfriend and I ate there the other day and I wasn't overly impressed. I ordered a blue cheese stuffed burger with garlic seasoned French fries and she had steak and eggs. The French fries that I got were crinkle cut freezer fries that had been sprinkled with a bit of garlic salt and were very dry and Luke warm. The burger patty itself was nice and thick, very juicy and the blue cheese stuffing was just right, what spoilt it for me was the massive oversized and too thick bun, which was also very dry, it totally overwhelmed the beef patty.

As for the girlfriends steak and eggs, the steak was over cooked to the point that it looked like shoe leather, but the eggs were ok.

I won't be visiting again.

"I want to die young, but only when I'm very very old"

"Life is for living, not for wishing you had lived a life"

Regular commentary of this place is appearing on Breakfast Club Pattaya  (FB group).

Miserable reviews so far,but the owner is now putting his head over the parapet as he seeks to counter the criticism coming his way. 

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I don't have a good feeling about that place but kind of feel sorry for the owner. The rent must be ridiculous. 

The Avenue is some kind of grave yard for business.

Look that for years and restaurangs are usually death after litle while.

I remember when the restaurant Vientiane was there and their running waiters whit sizzling hotplates, aroi-aroi!

Bad karma over whole place.

I, just like most people, very rarely venture upstairs at the Avenue but did so a few days back.

Walking past empty premises is not really that interesting but I did so and stood outside this place and looked at the menu.

The 1st surprise was that no one from inside had spied a potential customer, the place had one farang inside who was probably not a customer and a couple of staff but, as is probably the case, that visitors are so rare I thought I would at least have been noticed.

The menu is, as the name says, "All American" and its certainly not cheap, Buffalo wings were 240 or 260 baht alone, that was the other surprise.

Probably going for the Hooters market but without the main attraction, that being the Hooters girls, and not having a good location + poor food reviews really doesn't bode well for the place.

Obviously I hope it does prosper but to do so it will have to change a few things, its stuck with its location though.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I ducked in there during Wednesday's storm and watched 2nd Road becoming a river....   My bacon cheeseburger was great!  Thick juicy patty, well cooked bacon, lots of cheese and onions.  The bun was sesame seed and complemented the burger, although the moistness meant it fell apart quite easily!

• 1 month later...

I had a bacon cheeseburger here and it was probably the nicest burger I've ever had. The cheese and bacon were actually inside the burger. Onion rings were only ok. Owner came over for a chat.

*Second floor at The Avenue.

*Having to rely on Thais to execute American cuisine.

*260 baht for Buffalo wings.

Foreign entrepreneurs in Pattaya never cease to amaze me.

tough location that defeated shenanigans years ago

Or was it bad management?

Anyway, there is Chinese place above there that has been open for several years now, so you can't blame problems only with the location. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ate there a couple times and I was very impressed with the food. The burgers are overwhelmingly delicious. The bun issue is an issue, but not a bad one (not dry, just a bit unwieldy). Someone earlier said the fries were bad, but the ones I had were excellent.

The wings are proper buffalo wings, which is something you can't find in Patts. So many places have buffalo wings on the menu but it turns out to be some random shit that ought to have been called something else. These wings were the real deal, perfect if you've been craving buffalo wings.

The location seems to be killing the restaurant. The food is spectacular, and after a discussion with the owner I found that they are improving every aspect all the time. And it's one of few venues to focus on American Football, but still it's empty.

I like the food here. It's true many failed at this location but if you're a really good restaurant you can do well here.

I go to the movies weekly and would take my "dates" there to eat, but stupidly they have no thai food which will kill half their business,   Man thai girls will only eat thai food.  I can get spaghetti downstairs, they will eat that

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bacon Cheese Burger with a San Miguel Light.

Beer was cold and the burger was delicious - in fact one of the better ones in Pattaya. Chips were ok.

Plenty of cheese and the patty was cooked medium-rare - just the way I like it. Juicy!

Excellent staff, very attentive and friendly.

Lovely air-con and spotlessly clean restaurant.

Owner seemed  to be a American - friendly and courteous gentleman.

Overall, I'd give this place 8/10. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived