Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Massaman Curry in Patts?

The place out on Nern Plab Wan I mentioned before does it with big chunks of chicken breast usually, sometimes she uses chicken legs or wings. Never seen her do a beef Massaman.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of places have it .

There's a Muslim lady in food court Big C Pattaya Klang that does a very tasty Mussaman for

only 50Bht .

im with Jerry on this one, prob my fave massaman in town and only 50 or 55 baht, plus they have the saffron rice. i regularly get another one to take home for later also

another good one is the little restaurant as you go in the back of avenue mall from Soi 15 off buakhaow, both places have chicken on the bone

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

Wow. 

I thought the Big C place's version was pretty awful. Bland.

The place in the back of the Avenue is locally famous but too sweet. Their main restaurant is on Pattaya Klang, west of 3rd.

another good one is the little restaurant as you go in the back of avenue mall from soi 15 off buakhaow, both places have chicken on the bone

The place in the back of the Avenue is locally famous but too sweet. Their main restaurant is on Pattaya Klang, west of 3rd.

Yes, Daeng Dam is famous for their Massaman, but also too sweet me.

I was under the impression that the Avenue branch was now closed.

Yes, Daeng Dam is famous for their Massaman, but also too sweet me.

I was under the impression that the Avenue branch was now closed.

Not entirely sure. I thought they had reopened there with a smaller space. 

When talking about this curry, please state whether it is larger meat pieces or stir fry type slices used in the dish.

Proper MC should have whole chicken pieces on the bone in it and for the beef version, rough largish stew like chunks.

I agree it's hard to get a good one locally and I reckon I wouldn't agree with a lot of people on what they call a good one.

The thai place at top of Soi Chaipoon do a nice massaman with larger chicken meat pieces. I tried it a few days ago and give it 3.5 of 5 points.

The thai place at top of Soi Chaipoon do a nice massaman with larger chicken meat pieces. I tried it a few days ago and give it 3.5 of 5 points.

Pak Boong Loy Faa ?

• 4 months later...

The Beer Garden do it too, but i would give it a miss there as i had the beef masaman and the beef was like chewing rawhide.

i agree pal the food in the beer garden is vile it used to be ok

Hmm, think its always been hit or miss.

Yep totally agree was in 3 nights ago

I ordered a cheese burger and chips

The cheeseburger was absolutely shite and the chips were total pants

My Thai wife ordered some Very expensive Issan food

Advised by the wife No Good

We left most of the food

Not fit for human consumption

But great location

Just for a beer

Re Furryman and your recommendation on Soi Nern Plab Wan, North side of the street is a little tin cup type eatery. Woold love to try it out nd would appreciate more directions. Soi nearest, nearest Bar or which shop or commercial building is it outside or near? What she charge for take away Many Thanks

Furrymas - Ooops belay last request. Spotted the directions in thread. Thanks will try it on Monday eve, if I can manage to get past Pussy Cat Club!!!

the best one I have had in in SugarHut........... try the place with a girl, lots of fun, sit by the pool and you can go swimming

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the recommendations on this thread. I had a Pork Massaman at R-Con on Buakhao around 100bt.

I enjoyed it nice amount of spice definitely not boring. Meat was sliced which I prefer.

IMG_20160318_190634 (Small).jpg

IMG_20160318_190818 (Small).jpg

Looking forward to trying a red duck curry at Leng Kee...

Also appreciate any suggestions for the best Penang Gai in town.

Cheers

Thanks for the recommendations on this thread. I had a Pork Massaman at R-Con on Buakhao around 100bt.

I enjoyed it nice amount of spice definitely not boring. Meat was sliced which I prefer.

Looking forward to trying a red duck curry at Leng Kee...

Also appreciate any suggestions for the best Penang Gai in town.

Cheers

Must be authentic. Muslims eating pork.

Archived