IGNORED

Massaman Curry in Patts?

For 5 months I've been Dreaming about the day when I could eat my favourite thai dish again. Massaman Curry. But I've looking everywhere and haven't found it yet. And I've been here for 9 days now!

Please let me know where to find Massaman Curry!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I like massaman too and find its widely available in restaurants, never been a problem.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Lot of places have it . 

Deng/Dum (red/black) restaurant on Pattaya Klang , or on the opposite side there's Leng Kee . 

There's a Muslim lady in food court Big C Pattaya Klang that does a very tasty Mussaman for 

only 50Bht . 

Do you have to buy a lady drink?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Had the chicken masaman at Bake 'n' Brew, soi X-zyte a couple of days ago, 10/10. Huge serving, delicious. Not sure where you are looking, but you can find the dish everywhere.

I've asked at least ten places today and they all turned me down. They suggested that I'd go to market on market days.

Had the chicken masaman at Bake 'n' Brew, soi X-zyte a couple of days ago, 10/10. Huge serving, delicious. Not sure where you are looking, but you can find the dish everywhere.

Thank's I'll be in that area soon when I move to Areca Lodge.

Very good  Massaman curry have Lengkee restaurant at the corner of soi Buahao.
R-Con bar soi Buakhao is also a good choice.
Enjoy your meal. I love this dish as well.

:hello09:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Cabbages and Condoms do an excellent Massaman

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Two Pom Phuy on Pratumnak soi 5 do a nice Masaman as well

BTW it's not a Thai dish but Indian ...

The Beer Garden do it too, but i would give it a miss there as i had the beef masaman and the beef was like chewing rawhide.

Cabbages and Condoms do an excellent Massaman

I am pretty critical of Cabbage & Condoms bland touristy dishes, but their Roast Duck Massaman has always been excellent.

Thank's I'll be in that area soon when I move to Areca Lodge.

Ahh, that's perfect then only a 5 minute walk. Bake 'n' Brew do a lot of different, cheap meals, everything I have ever had there has been excellent. Great coffee, frappes, food, cakes, service. I think the masaman is only a new dish for them, and they will let you know it will take about 25 minutes for it to be prepared, so don't go there if you're starving and expect to be served immediately. It's worth the wait though.

Sometimes in Pattaya I feel I'd like to make a Mamasan Curry but I don't think I could get myself to eat it.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

The Beer Garden do it too, but i would give it a miss there as i had the beef masaman and the beef was like chewing rawhide.

No they don't. They offered me Chicken Korma, told me it was similar as MC and it was ok, but it certainly wasn't Massaman Curry.

No they don't. They offered me Chicken Korma, told me it was similar as MC and it was ok, but it certainly wasn't Massaman Curry.

I'll weigh in on the PBG too. They do some things well. But last time I asked for a Massaman there they offered me a 'chicken massaman' - obviously not the right meat but I said yes. It was just watery chicken and potato with no favour.

12.929032, 100.92216 Out on the darkside, Soi Nern Plab Wan, North side of the street is a little tin cup type eatery. Lady there does a big pot of massaman every day. I eat there at least once a week. Sit down or take away.

No they don't. They offered me Chicken Korma,

Well it was in their menu when i was there in May, as that was the only reason I ordered it, i saw it and thought "I wonder how it compares to the one I make at home?", it fared badly, not just the tough meat but the sauce was not great either.

What i got could not possibly have been confused with a Korma, as the taste profile was right for a masaman it was just badly executed.

Well it was in their menu when i was there in May, as that was the only reason I ordered it, i saw it and thought "I wonder how it compares to the one I make at home?", it fared badly, not just it frthe tough meat but the sauce was not great either.

What i got could not possibly have been confused with a Korma, as the taste profile was right for a masaman it was just badly executed.

Ok they must have deleted it from the men since then. And I specifically asked for Massaman Curry and they saida 'No have'....

A year ago in KhaoLak I, not by purpose, switched some of the letters and asked for 'Mamasan Curry'. They laughed. ..

I hope they have taken it off their menu as I quite like the food there, generally because they do not coddle you when it comes to spiciness, they just tell you "You know this very hot?" hate when I get a "Falang curry".

x.gif Reviewed 21 February 2015

Like most restaurants they do local food best and as we didn't try any western dishes we can't comment on them. We ate there 3 times and usually started with a shared Satay, then beef massaman curry or chicken with ginger and steamed rice. Always good and they do a decent glass of wine as well.
It can get very busy so best to get there a bit early if you don't like waiting.

Visited February 2015
Less  x.gif
Was this review helpful? Yes
gray_flag.png
Ask trav4lifeUk about Beer Garden Restaurant
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

BTW it's not a Thai dish but Indian ...

"According to Thai food expert David Thompson, as well as Thai journalist and scholar Santi Sawetwimon, the dish originated in 17th century Central Thailand at the cosmopolitan court of Ayutthaya, through the Persian merchant Sheik Ahmad Qomi from whom the Thai noble family of Bunnag descends.

Other theories contend that massaman is a southern Thai dish, influenced by Malay and Indian cuisine,[5] or that its name is derived from the Malay word masam,"

Whatever it's from , it's my favourite , but like the OP I've found it hard to locate in Patts

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

It's very popular in Southern Thailand, and regarded as a special southern dish!

Best Matsaman Chicken Curry I had were in Koh Samui !

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Archived