IGNORED

Massaman Curry in Patts?

The best masaman curry i ever had was in Phuket at the top of the road going from Kata Noi into Chalong not to mention the awesome view. It is regarded as much more of a southern dish but can be found in Pattaya sporadically. There was a great stall in the old food court in Royal Garden but the new age has fucked that all up. At the corners on 3rd rd at soi Aksorn and soi 17 there are places that specialize in southern Thai food, give them a shot as well

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always told its of muslim origine 

Massaman or Matsaman means Muslim. The dish originated in Persia (Iran).

Had the chicken masaman at Bake 'n' Brew, soi X-zyte a couple of days ago, 10/10. Huge serving, delicious. Not sure where you are looking, but you can find the dish everywhere.

Had a hankering for it again today, here is the photo...

The 20 minute wait must be for the chef to either steam the chicken or pressure cook it. Either way it comes out lovely and tender. Only "problem" is they give you way too much rice, it's a huge serving size. 

chicken masa.jpg

Thank's I'll be in that area soon when I move to Areca Lodge.

Robins Nest ( just down the road )  have Massaman curry      Had it a few times there , not bad .

Mikeyboy

For 5 months I've been Dreaming about the day when I could eat my favourite thai dish again. Massaman Curry. But I've looking everywhere and haven't found it yet. And I've been here for 9 days now!

Please let me know where to find Massaman Curry!

its everywhere,  market at top end of soi buahkao  30 baht with rice.   big c  in pattaya klang   40 bath. 

The 20 minute wait must be for the chef to either steam the chicken or pressure cook it. Either way it comes out lovely and tender. Only "problem" is they give you way too much rice, it's a huge serving size.

Looking very good. Do you know the opening hours of the restaurant?

Most places have Masaman but a friend of mine who has been here 30 years tells me there is a another name it also and some restaurants have it by that name but same thing, can't remember the name though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.929032, 100.92216 Out on the darkside, Soi Nern Plab Wan, North side of the street is a little tin cup type eatery. Lady there does a big pot of massaman every day. I eat there at least once a week. Sit down or take away.

I am familiar with Muslim Rd, so use the local landmarks for me please

12.929032.100.92216  gets U to Soi 53 which is Soi Nern Phlap Wan

Looking very good. Do you know the opening hours of the restaurant?

They open most of the day - 8.30am I think until 10pm? Not 100% sure though. 

I am familiar with Muslim Rd, so use the local landmarks for me please

12.929032.100.92216 gets U to Soi 53 which is Soi Nern Phlap Wan

To me, they are a landmark :) Hope the picture helps

b951578a231c8d8488bc13cd94505c99.jpg

Massaman or Matsaman means Muslim. The dish originated in Persia (Iran).

The first one i had was Beef but my favourite is chicken thighs.

And the best one i have eaten was made here at home by my sister in law

there is a hotel resturant on beach road after mikes shopping mall lk empress ..it has big chanderleers and a very large  video wall t,v they do a very good massaman curry ..been there 5 times just for them ..p,s they are chicken but very very good

Areca Lodge do a wicked Massaman curry around the pool and as mentioned before Lenkee restaurant do aswell.

To me, they are a landmark :) Hope the picture helps

b951578a231c8d8488bc13cd94505c99.jpg

A clue could be between which Sois,  Muslim Rd is a pretty long road to be riding a motorbike on watching for the shop front.

Seaside restaurant just off the bottom of Soi 7 does a fair one and if you request it spicy, hot, you will get it. Beware!

A clue could be between which Sois,  Muslim Rd is a pretty long road to be riding a motorbike on watching for the shop front.

Sorry, I figured exact GPS coordinates would be detail enough. East of the Soi crossing that leads down to the market over on Soi Siam CC, west of the Pussycat club.

Sorry, I figured exact GPS coordinates would be detail enough. East of the Soi crossing that leads down to the market over on Soi Siam CC, west of the Pussycat club.

cheers     

I  look  forward  to  giving  it  a  go,

Robins Nest ( just down the road )  have Massaman curry      Had it a few times there , not bad .

Mikeyboy

+1

I've also had Massaman chicken at Robin's Nest. Very tasty.

Good place with AC and sports on TV.

went  there  2day

good sized serving,  120 Baht plus  20Baht for rice.         Too  much for eat 1 sitting,  got  another rice,  &  have the rest for dinner  2nite.

Quite tasty,  maybe a tad bland,  but  still tasty enough.

Thanks for the directions

That is a very impressive serving,  what sort of cost is that,  if U remember

I will give it a go soon,  if the Price is Right  555+++

Couldn't find Bake'n Brew so I went to Robins Nest. Their Massaman Curry was absolutely delicious! 165 for MC and 25 for steamed rice. Would I return? Hell yeah!

When talking about this curry, please state whether it is larger meat pieces or stir fry type slices used in the dish.

Proper MC should have whole chicken pieces on the bone in it and for the beef version, rough largish stew like chunks.

I agree it's hard to get a good one locally and I reckon I wouldn't agree with a lot of people on what they call a good one.

Archived