Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting ready the 2nd application for TGF to visit Australia.

The Sly Fox

My thai wife goes back this Sunday 10th, she has had another fun time but did not do as much tourist stuff like last time. I am heading over in Feb to apply again but this time it should be easier as we are married now ( September in Thailand ). This will be her 3rd visit. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thai wife goes back this Sunday 10th, she has had another fun time but did not do as much tourist stuff like last time. I am heading over in Feb to apply again but this time it should be easier as we are married now ( September in Thailand ). This will be her 3rd visit. 

Are you planing on getting her a residency visa at some point? If so you may want to contact immigration and discuss the options. They are currently stating that these visas are taking a year to process.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Are you planing on getting her a residency visa at some point? If so you may want to contact immigration and discuss the options. They are currently stating that these visas are taking a year to process.

Yeah at some point, do you know the costs? Hope next trip she will be given 6 months and being married will help?

Yeah at some point, do you know the costs? Hope next trip she will be given 6 months and being married will help?

According to this page the fee is $6865.

I remember someone posting that after applying for a certain number of tourist visas (I think maybe the third one?) for his girlfriend he was advised that the next visa applied for should be one based on a relationship. I think at some point being married might be a hindrance as they may think that the tourist visas are being used to reside in Australia. This is why I suggest that you contact them and discuss options. I believe that they will issue a tourist visa while they are processing a residency visa. I don't see any need to contact the Bangkok embassy only the Immigration Department at home.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I believe it is highly unlikely you will be granted a further TV so soon, unless you have lodged your "Partner Visa" application.

I believe it is highly unlikely you will be granted a further TV so soon, unless you have lodged your "Partner Visa" application.

Her 2nd TV application was done 6 weeks after she got back from her 1st trip...but this time I will wait till May/June and apply for TV it gives me time to find out more about residency Visa.. 

Her 2nd TV application was done 6 weeks after she got back from her 1st trip...but this time I will wait till May/June and apply for TV it gives me time to find out more about residency Visa..

Someone must like you at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.

Bear in mind the Partner Visa Cost will increase on 1st July, based on trends.

Someone must like you at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.

Bear in mind the Partner Visa Cost will increase on 1st July, based on trends.

IMHO think having big money in your bank helps 

Same here. We're nearly halfway through our 3-month holiday. Last time 2 years ago it was TGF's 1st trip to Oz, actually her 1st time out LOS, so it was a big buzz for both of us. But this trip it's a bit more..."been there, done that, got the T-shirt". Actually I'm now glad she wasn't give the 6-month visa we requested as I would have booked and paid for flights back to BKK in May, whereas we'll be returning early March, and I really think that 12 weeks is plenty long enough.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

IMHO think having big money in your bank helps

We do have. So it's not about that.

Just got back from taking my wife to the airport, gotta say it hits you once you walk back into your house and you can hear a pin drop :-(

Weird feelings at the moment...

Just got back from taking my wife to the airport, gotta say it hits you once you walk back into your house and you can hear a pin drop :-(

Yep know that feeling well mate. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Back in November 2013 we applied for a 3-month visitor visa for my TGF to go to Australia. The visa was issued within a couple weeks. We flew to Perth late January 2014 and returned to Bangkok 11 weeks later. I did not expect any problems getting this visa as I own an apartment in Perth so was able to provide her with accommodation, I had substantial amounts in both my Australian and Thailand bank accounts, plus TGF had a substantial amount in her own bank account. And in my letter of invitation, plus on the completed form, I stressed that we would not overstay, she would not work or study, we would not apply for further stay, we have no intention of settling in Australia, our home is in Thailand and we only wanted a holiday in Australia to visit family and do some touring around WA.

Anyway, in September this year I'm going to make another application for her to accompany me on a trip to Perth. However, this time I'd like to stay a little longer, approx 5 months, so I'll be asking for a 6-month visitor visa. Ideally we’d like to fly to Perth in the first week in December and return to Bangkok in mid-May (under 6 months)

Last time we made the application several guys on this forum were very helpful and gave me useful tips. So I'm running this past you guys again.

• Since November 2013 has there been any policy changes that I should be aware of?
  • Last time the application went through Pattaya PO, not sent directly to the Embassy but through a service agent. Is that still the same?
  • I'm aware of a 12-month multi-entry tourist visa, that could also be useful for us. Are these difficult to get? Are they more expensive?
  • Anyone have any further suggestions/advice for me regarding this application?

Sorry My Bad

And all the money in the world wont take that feeling away.

Your option is to go stay with your wife in Thailand. Or wait and lodge an 'off shore' application. 

I'd suggest you look at lodging your Partner Visa Before you lodge your TV or do both at the same time.

The processing time for Temp Residency has blown out from 8 months, to 12 months. And currently is 12-15 months. 

There will be a price rise in July from $6865 to whatever the Government decides.

And all the money in the world wont take that feeling away.

Your option is to go stay with your wife in Thailand. Or wait and lodge an 'off shore' application. 

I'd suggest you look at lodging your Partner Visa Before you lodge your TV or do both at the same time.

The processing time for Temp Residency has blown out from 8 months, to 12 months. And currently is 12-15 months. 

There will be a price rise in July from $6865 to whatever the Government decides.

Heading back mid Feb for her birthday, the plan is to lodge both at same time.

My suggestion would be to get the residency application in ASAP. I am fairly sure that you can lodge these electronically so you could do it from Australia even though it will be 'lodged' outside of Australia. You can do the tourist visa online as well.

Good man. That's the best Option. You have a lot of paperwork to do before you leave.

It's better if you have 3 Form 888's.  And you'll need your account of how you met, etc, etc.. as a Stat Dec, and the same for your Wife.

Good luck.

My suggestion would be to get the residency application in ASAP. I am fairly sure that you can lodge these electronically so you could do it from Australia even though it will be 'lodged' outside of Australia. You can do the tourist visa online as well.

On line is the way to go. BUT, uploading all the attachments can be tricky, and Immigration recommend a "One Batch Upload".

Archived