IGNORED

Getting ready the 2nd application for TGF to visit Australia.

The Sly Fox

Congrats mate...Yeah we asked for 6 and got 3 ,she arrived last friday :-)

Looks like they're no longer giving 6 months for TGs. I got a few 6-month visas for a previous TGF, but that was back in late 1990s/early 2000s. So they must have tightened up since then. 

Hope you and your tirak are have a great time together in Oz.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they're no longer giving 6 months for TGs. I got a few 6-month visas for a previous TGF, but that was back in late 1990s/early 2000s. So they must have tightened up since then.

They still do 6 months visas. I know heaps of people who have done it recently.... No idea why in this case 6 months was not granted as normally that is not an issue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

You guys asking for 6month visitor visa and getting 3, is the your first visa or additional?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

This will be her second visit to Australia. She previously applied for a 3-month Visitor Visa in November 2013. We traveled together from Bangkok to Perth in January, 2014 and we returned to Bangkok together on in April, 2014. 

I can't see why they would have anything to worry about in our case as we complied with all the visa regulations last time. I own my home In Oz so will be providing accommodation, but I have a healthy bank balance in Oz, and TGF has over 200,000THB of her own in Thai bank account.

Only thing I can think of is the officer (Thai female) at the Oz Em is new and maybe a bit of a dipshit. When she phoned TGF she asked if TGF had been to Oz before (Eh? Isn't all that in the computer? Isn't all that stated already in the application form? Isn't all that clearly stated in my letter of invitation?) The officer then said we can't get a 6-month tourist visa. If my TGF wants to be 6 months in Oz she needs apply for a fiance visa (which is totall bullcrap) So I think we were just unlucky and got a dickhead officer who doesn't know what she's doing.

But as I say, it matters not, 3 months is fine with us. It just would have been that bit better to have stayed for 5 months as there are some things happening that I'll now have miss.

End of the day a 3-month visa is a zillion times better than no f'n visa.

They still do 6 months visas. I know heaps of people who have done it recently.... No idea why in this case 6 months was not granted as normally that is not an issue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting. When I talked to different people recently, in person and here on this forum, most people say they won't give 6 months to a TG. I just thought I'd give it a shot, but no dice.

Btw, my associate tells me the partner visa for australia is now an $6800 application fee....

Btw, my associate tells me the partner visa for australia is now an $6800 application fee....

WTF ... Just for an application!!!

WTF ... Just for an application!!!

Yeah and if the visa is refused you done your dough.

I am no expert but I know a couple of guys have got multi entry 12 month visas for their girls

I am not 100% how these work however i know they allow the person to come in for up to 3 months maximum anyone visit  and a maximum of 6 months in the 12 months the visa applies.

So i dont know if a 3-4 day trip to Bali would reset the entry period, but it might be worth enquiring

I am no expert but I know a couple of guys have got multi entry 12 month visas for their girls

I am not 100% how these work however i know they allow the person to come in for up to 3 months maximum anyone visit  and a maximum of 6 months in the 12 months the visa applies.

So i dont know if a 3-4 day trip to Bali would reset the entry period, but it might be worth enquiring

My misses has always been given this after here initial single 3 month visa. I don't know that there is a maximum amount of time that can be spent in the country but they are not meant for a person to be in the country nearly all of the time it is valid either. Immigration will consider if the visa is being used to reside in the country. If they think this entry may be refused.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

My misses has always been given this after here initial single 3 month visa. I don't know that there is a maximum amount of time that can be spent in the country but they are not meant for a person to be in the country nearly all of the time it is valid either. Immigration will consider if the visa is being used to reside in the country. If they think this entry may be refused.

The one my mate has is defintley 3 months maximum anyone entry , he then sends her home or goes on holidays with her after 3 months she returns then leaves and after the 12 months is up reapplies.

So max 3 months anyone visit,  6 months in total for calendar

Like you said i don't know how Immigration will view a 3-4 day trip out of the country.

Technically the Op wont be  breaking the rules of the Visa  eg 3 months in , out for a few days back in for 2 months back off to thailand for at least 7 months before eligible again

Yeah she is enjoying just like last time...loves the aussie seafood 555

We got married about 7 weeks ago so I am sure she will get more time in Oz in the future.

We got married about 7 weeks ago so I am sure she will get more time in Oz in the future.

Congratulations mate, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

My gf has also been to Australia on 3 3month Visas. Then one 6 month Visa.

When we applied for a 6-12 month Visa, they granted a 3 month Visa ONLY.

Furthermore, she was told in no uncertain manner that she would never be granted a Tourist Visa again.

Our relationship is genuine and ongoing and meet ALL REQUIREMENTS.

Oz Immigration in BKK said that she would only be able to return to Oz on Partner Visa...$6,800..

....compared to Tourist Visa...approx $200.

Anyway...we had the "Thai Ceremony" and I was going to legalise the marriage in Thailand,(single papers and visits to Office of Foreign Affairs and OZ Embassy in Bkk)  but stopped at the last stage.

I had done enough work to lodge the Partner Visa, but decided not to for various reasons.

One reason being that the processing time is now 12 months, and in the meantime she still needs a TV while they are processing the Partner Visa.  I know other guys who have lodged both simultaneously.

So. I opted to apply for a 6-12month TV giving Immigration 5 Stat Decs and requesting the Tourist Visa so that we could respect both Thai Culture....and Australian Culture, and get married formally in Australia and then lodge Partner Visa in Australia. All very logical.

BUT, I get an email from the Thai Immigartion Officer in Australian Embassy Bangkok saying..."3 months only TV with no further stay condition and that we MUST lodge partner Visa in BANGKOK".

I cant be stuffed arguing with the idiots at the moment.

My "Wife" is in Oz now for 3 months and when I get motivated I will speak with Immigration in Australia.

They're the one's that said applying for a long TV and applying for Partner Visa in Australia would be no problem (and a Bridging Visa would be issued once Partner Visa is lodged).

However, everything is in the hands of the "decision maker".....be it here or Thailand....and the decision is final......

...there is an appeals Tribunal....however, it's recommended that you have a Lawyer Deal with it....$$$$$$$$

...that's basically what these Visas are all about..$$$$$

Cheers,

H888

My gf has also been to Australia on 3 3month Visas. Then one 6 month Visa.

When we applied for a 6-12 month Visa, they granted a 3 month Visa ONLY.

Furthermore, she was told in no uncertain manner that she would never be granted a Tourist Visa again.

Our relationship is genuine and ongoing and meet ALL REQUIREMENTS.

Oz Immigration in BKK said that she would only be able to return to Oz on Partner Visa...$6,800..

....compared to Tourist Visa...approx $200.

Anyway...we had the "Thai Ceremony" and I was going to legalise the marriage in Thailand,(single papers and visits to Office of Foreign Affairs and OZ Embassy in Bkk)  but stopped at the last stage.

I had done enough work to lodge the Partner Visa, but decided not to for various reasons.

One reason being that the processing time is now 12 months, and in the meantime she still needs a TV while they are processing the Partner Visa.  I know other guys who have lodged both simultaneously.

So. I opted to apply for a 6-12month TV giving Immigration 5 Stat Decs and requesting the Tourist Visa so that we could respect both Thai Culture....and Australian Culture, and get married formally in Australia and then lodge Partner Visa in Australia. All very logical.

BUT, I get an email from the Thai Immigartion Officer in Australian Embassy Bangkok saying..."3 months only TV with no further stay condition and that we MUST lodge partner Visa in BANGKOK".

I cant be stuffed arguing with the idiots at the moment.

My "Wife" is in Oz now for 3 months and when I get motivated I will speak with Immigration in Australia.

They're the one's that said applying for a long TV and applying for Partner Visa in Australia would be no problem (and a Bridging Visa would be issued once Partner Visa is lodged).

However, everything is in the hands of the "decision maker".....be it here or Thailand....and the decision is final......

...there is an appeals Tribunal....however, it's recommended that you have a Lawyer Deal with it....$$$$$$$$

...that's basically what these Visas are all about..$$$$$

Cheers,

H888

Thanks for your story Happy. These days it really is a royal pain in the ass trying to get a foreign spouse to Oz, I certainly wouldn't even consider trying to do it.

In our case I have no intention whatsoever of applying for any visa for my current TGF other than a tourist visa, and I only intend to visit Oz (with her) approx. one visit every 2 years. So after we get back from this next trip to Oz, in March 2016, It won't be until late 2017 that I'll make another application for a TV for her. If they no longer issue her with any more 3-month visas then we'll holiday in Vietnam or PIs. It really doesn't matter that much to me. 

I don't know if the processing time is any different but you may want to look into a fiancée visa. I believe it gives you 9 months to get married and it doesn't need to be done in Australia. She would need to re-enter Australia within the validity period if married outside of Australia.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Thanks for your story Happy. These days it really is a royal pain in the ass trying to get a foreign spouse to Oz, I certainly wouldn't even consider trying to do it.

In our case I have no intention whatsoever of applying for any visa for my current TGF other than a tourist visa, and I only intend to visit Oz (with her) approx. one visit every 2 years. So after we get back from this next trip to Oz, in March 2016, It won't be until late 2017 that I'll make another application for a TV for her. If they no longer issue her with any more 3-month visas then we'll holiday in Vietnam or PIs. It really doesn't matter that much to me. 

Thanks for your response TSL.

The Partner/Spouse Visa is a right pain in the ass. And we are both happy living in Thailand/Australia 50/50.

But for some stupid reason(money) Immigration is making this impossible.

I'm glad things are working out well for you and I think your idea of holidaying in V and Plpns is great.

We've done Philippines, Singapore and Cambodia. Vietnam we'll do next year.

Cheers, 

H888

I don't know if the processing time is any different but you may want to look into a fiancée visa. I believe it gives you 9 months to get married and it doesn't need to be done in Australia. She would need to re-enter Australia within the validity period if married outside of Australia.

Hi SB.

The processing time is the same for the 3 Different "Resident Visas"....."Partner/Defacto/Engaged Visas".

After the granting of Temporary Residence (which entitles TG to Medicare, free English Lessons, right to work....and to come and go from Australia without any further Visas), it's then 2 years before Permanent Residency is granted.....and only after all the paperwork is redone again to assure the relationship is ongoing and genuine"........what's the benefit?....can apply for Centrelink....big deal!!!

AND once this Visa has been LODGED, you cant apply for another of this class of visa for 5 years...except in extenuating circumstances, such as the "death of the TG".

Australia is needlessly over regulated in SOoo many ways.

I'm peeved. But nevermind.

Cheers

H888

She has a mum & dad and other family members, but no kids. I impress on the Embassy that we live in Thailand and that will remain the case. I'm retired in LOS with an Aussie pension, I can't afford to live in Oz and have zero intention of moving back there and zero X 10 intention of ever sponsoring a foreign spouse for migration.

I've been told that the first application is the one they'll hesitate over as the applicant is an unknown quantity. After they see that the applicant obeyed all the conditions of the visa they are more relaxed with subsequent applications.

Hi Sly Fox,

You say you are retired in Thailand with an Aussie pension

Did you have any problems arranging this, I would like to do this but my information was that the Australian Government doesn't allow it.

Maybe the rules have changed!

Hi Sly Fox,

Did you have any problems arranging this, I would like to do this but my information was that the Australian Government doesn't allow it.

Payment while outside Australia

If we cannot get in touch with you while you are outside Australia, in certain circumstances we may need to stop your payment or concession card.

If your payments can continue while you are outside Australia and you intend to be away for less than 12 months, your payment will continue to be paid into your Australian bank account every 2 weeks.

If you intend to be away for more than 12 months, you will be paid every 4 weeks either:

• into your Australian bank account, or
  • into an overseas bank account

We will discuss these options with you when you contact us.

If your payments are made into an overseas account you will be paid in the local currency or US dollars, depending on the country you are in. The payment is converted by the Reserve Bank of Australia using the exchange rate applicable on the day of issue of the payment. Generally the money is in your account within 2 to 6 days after we issue it.

You will have to pay any fees your bank charges to access your funds while you are outside Australia.

Hi Sly Fox,

It's very difficult these days Gazzer, I'm one of the lucky few that's allowed to have full portability on my pension, I'm grandfathered under old rules as I was outside Oz when they brought in new rules, there have been a few changes to rules since then but myself and a few others who are grandfathered are not effected by changes to rules. There are not that many of us in this situation and we're all fairly old (I'm 68) when we die off there won't be anyone taking our places. 

Hey Blokes, this page may have some handy ozzi links for your teerak. They got a LINE button to share it wammo

ummm

• 1 month later...

My Thai G/F came here last April with a three month visa , only stayed the planned 6 weeks and went back , then she was preparing to come again  September , she applied for the visa herself , both were e'visa's done online so nothing to send off or go anywhere , she asked for 3 months again and to our surprise and delight she was given without asking a 12 month multi entry with each stay being up to 3 months.

We are unsure if that is because she is a teacher or what but I looked at her application and she has put many incorrect forms in the wrong places so it was not the quality of the application but she came and went again with ease.

The hard part was there is no physical visa just an electronic  one.

We are unsure if that is because she is a teacher or what ...

In my experience it is normal procedure unless the application is made very soon after returning on the previous visit.

They no longer issue a sicker in passport no matter how the application is made. You can ask for one but there is a hefty fee for it. I am not sure why not having the sticker would cause problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that it would cause problems it is just was a funny feeling not to actually having physical evidence that I had been used too, but not mattered all as you seem to be eluding to.

Archived