IGNORED

Getting ready the 2nd application for TGF to visit Australia.

The Sly Fox

Back in November 2013 we applied for a 3-month visitor visa for my TGF to go to Australia. The visa was issued within a couple weeks. We flew to Perth late January 2014 and returned to Bangkok 11 weeks later. I did not expect any problems getting this visa as I own an apartment in Perth so was able to provide her with accommodation, I had substantial amounts in both my Australian and Thailand bank accounts, plus TGF had a substantial amount in her own bank account. And in my letter of invitation, plus on the completed form, I stressed that we would not overstay, she would not work or study, we would not apply for further stay, we have no intention of settling in Australia, our home is in Thailand and we only wanted a holiday in Australia to visit family and do some touring around WA.

Anyway, in September this year I'm going to make another application for her to accompany me on a trip to Perth. However, this time I'd like to stay a little longer, approx 5 months, so I'll be asking for a 6-month visitor visa. Ideally we’d like to fly to Perth in the first week in December and return to Bangkok in mid-May (under 6 months)

Last time we made the application several guys on this forum were very helpful and gave me useful tips. So I'm running this past you guys again.

• Since November 2013 has there been any policy changes that I should be aware of?

• Last time the application went through Pattaya PO, not sent directly to the Embassy but through a service agent. Is that still the same?

• I'm aware of a 12-month multi-entry tourist visa, that could also be useful for us. Are these difficult to get? Are they more expensive?

• Anyone have any further suggestions/advice for me regarding this application?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would recommend supplying them with just about everything you did in the first application. On our subsequent applications we have never supplied any evidence of employment or of a relationship. I would detail your plans for the trip and ask that a 6 month visa be issued (don't forget to indicate it at the question on the form). They are an option but I don't know if they will issue them to a TG.

There has been no changes in policies that I am aware of.

You can still apply via the post office in Pattaya (as at May this year). Make sure you supply photocopies of all used pages in her passport as well as the details page.

On every one of our applications after the initial one they have issued 12 month multiple entry visas without us asking for one. The last one was issued in May and we are in the same position as you. They do not cost any more.

I doubt very much that you will have any problems getting a visa for her.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

When you apply she must have reasons to return to Thailand nothing to do with you ie. she must have family ie. mum and day and if she has children and or a business, they are looking for a strong reason for want to return to Thailand.also it is best to apply thru an agent ie. Thai Visa Express

Brought my ex Thai GF out to Oz a couple of years ago didn't have any dramas. Only difference was when we applied the second time same as you we opted for 6 months. The only difference was that she had to have a medical done before they would issue a 6 months visa.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

I would recommend supplying them with just about everything you did in the first application. On our subsequent applications we have never supplied any evidence of employment or of a relationship. I would detail your plans for the trip and ask that a 6 month visa be issued (don't forget to indicate it at the question on the form). They are an option but I don't know if they will issue them to a TG.

There has been no changes in policies that I am aware of.

You can still apply via the post office in Pattaya (as at May this year). Make sure you supply photocopies of all used pages in her passport as well as the details page.

On every one of our applications after the initial one they have issued 12 month multiple entry visas without us asking for one. The last one was issued in May and we are in the same position as you. They do not cost any more.

I doubt very much that you will have any problems getting a visa for her.

Many thanks for your reply. I value your knowledge and experience. I have got 6-month tourist visas for a different TGF, a few times in fact, but that was over 10 years ago now. 

Anyway, we'll request 6 months this time, if they give it then great as that is ideal for our plans. If not then 3 months will be OK too.

If given the 12-month visa does that mean TGF can remain in Oz for 3 months, then she has to exit the country and re-enter for a further 3 months stay? That would be OK as well as after 3 months we could have a week in Bali or some place to stretch her stay out to 6 months.

When you did your last application in May did you still use the 1419 form?

Brought my ex Thai GF out to Oz a couple of years ago didn't have any dramas. Only difference was when we applied the second time same as you we opted for 6 months. The only difference was that she had to have a medical done before they would issue a 6 months visa.

Right I remember that was the case when I got 6-month visas for another TGF. She had to have a chest X-ray.

When you apply she must have reasons to return to Thailand nothing to do with you ie. she must have family ie. mum and day and if she has children and or a business, they are looking for a strong reason for want to return to Thailand.also it is best to apply thru an agent ie. Thai Visa Express

She has a mum & dad and other family members, but no kids. I impress on the Embassy that we live in Thailand and that will remain the case. I'm retired in LOS with an Aussie pension, I can't afford to live in Oz and have zero intention of moving back there and zero X 10 intention of ever sponsoring a foreign spouse for migration.

I've been told that the first application is the one they'll hesitate over as the applicant is an unknown quantity. After they see that the applicant obeyed all the conditions of the visa they are more relaxed with subsequent applications.

In my experience once they have been to Australia once and complied with the visa rules the requirements for this aspect of the application becomes a lot less onerous. Not that much is required to start with. We supplied nothing more than a statement in the supporting letter that we both would return to Thaialnd and the end of the holiday and evidence for accommodation in Thailand to return to.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

When you did your last application in May did you still use the 1419 form?

Yes but make sure it is the current one. The current version is 12/14. I think it is best to use the Thai version. Here is a link to the document.

Yes but make sure it is the current one. The current version is 12/14. I think it is best to use the Thai version. Here is a link to the document.

Thanks for the link. I won't be filling in that form until September, so if it's OK with you I'll probably have a few more questions for you when I actually get down to filling in the form.

My TGF returned from her 1st trip to Oz on June 16th 2015, we applied for another one on Thursday just passed for Nov/Dec 2015...this time we asked for 6 but I also stated I would be happy with 3...She has already received a sms saying her application has been sent to the embassy for consideration. 

Will let you know how we go but nothing is guaranteed, fingers crossed. 

And anyone who uses a visa agent is a knob with money to burn imho

My TGF returned from her 1st trip to Oz on June 16th 2015, we applied for another one on Thursday just passed for Nov/Dec 2015...this time we asked for 6 but I also stated I would be happy with 3...She has already received a sms saying her application has been sent to the embassy for consideration. 

I kinda agree about the Visa Agent thing....  But, there are lots of people who aren't comfortable or are just plain useless at filling out government forms, so I guess there is a place for the agents.

We have done our own applications, and have had zero issues, and I tend to agree with the guys that say the first time is the most difficult... even tho, it was reasonably straight forward and easy...

Good Luck with your application, hope all goes well.

I kinda agree about the Visa Agent thing....  But, there are lots of people who aren't comfortable or are just plain useless at filling out government forms, so I guess there is a place for the agents.

We have done our own applications, and have had zero issues, and I tend to agree with the guys that say the first time is the most difficult... even tho, it was reasonably straight forward and easy...

Good Luck with your application, hope all goes well.

+1

Right, we're the same...will ask for 6 but very happy with 3...or if that multiple entry, then 3 - and a week in Bali - then a further 2 or 3 months and back to LOS before winter kicks in. 

Agree about agents, if you are offering accommodation and have enough money to show, and can fill in a form properly there's no need to use an agent.

• 3 weeks later...

I do mine online and have found it easy, I am unsure if this is new but there is no physical visa, no need to part with and passports as the visa is simply attached to the passport number, was worried the first time but no problems at all.

Right, we're the same...will ask for 6 but very happy with 3...or if that multiple entry, then 3 - and a week in Bali - then a further 2 or 3 months and back to LOS before winter kicks in. 

Agree about agents, if you are offering accommodation and have enough money to show, and can fill in a form properly there's no need to use an agent.

Got 3 months starting from Oct to Jan 

Got 3 months starting from Oct to Jan 

So you requested 6 months right? But they didn't give her 6 months, only gave 3?

Is that just a 3 month single entry or the 3 month multi-entry visa that Scumbag's TG has been getting?

So you requested 6 months right? But they didn't give her 6 months, only gave 3?

Is that just a 3 month single entry or the 3 month multi-entry visa that Scumbag's TG has been getting?

Just straight up 3 months

Just straight up 3 months

Do you have any gut feeling why they knocked you back for 6 and gave you 3? 

Do you have any gut feeling why they knocked you back for 6 and gave you 3? 

No mate but as I said 3 is better than 0 :-)

No mate but as I said 3 is better than 0 :-)

OK thanks mate. We're in identical position, will be lodging tirak's application next month and shooting for 6 but will be very happy with 3.

Actually with the high cost of living now in Perth I'm starting to think 3 will be more than enough - it'll cost me a shitload paying for 2 of us to stay in Oz for 6 months.

OK thanks mate. We're in identical position, will be lodging tirak's application next month and shooting for 6 but will be very happy with 3.

Actually with the high cost of living now in Perth I'm starting to think 3 will be more than enough - it'll cost me a shitload paying for 2 of us to stay in Oz for 6 months.

Yeah it is exy when there in oz ..I take my tgf to a local fish market for the $40 a kilo prawns. The fish is $20 and crabs are exy as well but she loves it and I am more than happy so she is happy too.

• 2 months later...

Sent the application off to VFS from Pattaya PO last Friday (Oct 2nd), so I expect to get result letter back around Monday 12th. We requested a 6 month visa, I'll post the result here after receiving notification. Fingers crossed...

• 3 weeks later...

Visa issued today, which makes it 18 days since application was handed over to VFS at Pattaya PO. This morning a Thai woman from the Oz Em phoned my TGF and told her they would only issue a 3-month visitor visa. We had hope for the 6-month visa but of course 3 months is fine too. Actually with the high cost of everything 3 months is just as well. I phoned VFS and they told me they have the visa result returned for the Embassy and have posted it to us this afternoon.

We'll fly to Perth first week in December and will return to BKK first week in March, so we'll be in Oz for the great summer months Dec-Jan-Feb. 

Visa issued today, which makes it 18 days since application was handed over to VFS at Pattaya PO. This morning a Thai woman from the Oz Em phoned my TGF and told her they would only issue a 3-month visitor visa. We had hope for the 6-month visa but of course 3 months is fine too. Actually with the high cost of everything 3 months is just as well. I phoned VFS and they told me they have the visa result returned for the Embassy and have posted it to us this afternoon.

We'll fly to Perth first week in December and will return to BKK first week in March, so we'll be in Oz for the great summer months Dec-Jan-Feb. 

Congrats mate...Yeah we asked for 6 and got 3 ,she arrived last friday :-)

Archived