Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beefeater - Soi Diana Inn

Beafeaters sucks.  I had their Mexican buffet once and not only was it the worst Mexican food I ever had it was the worst buffet too.  Never went back to try the steak after that experience.

I agree that their Mexican buffet is lacking but their Steaks are outstanding.

I wish they would stop the Mexican buffet and just focus on Steaks.

You are really doing yourself an injustice by missing their steaks.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I agree that their Mexican buffet is lacking but their Steaks are outstanding.

I wish they would stop the Mexican buffet and just focus on Steaks.

You are really doing yourself an injustice by missing their steaks.

I think their steaks are frozen.

• Like 1

Well, they cant import them thawed can they?

Don't they import their steaks?

Either way, they have always tasted good to me.

Tried and liked Steak & Co also but my girl likes

Beefeater so we go 50/50.

• Like 1

Thanks davidge for your nice detailed review, the steak in the photo was definitely not a well-done cook, which is weird because beefeater always provide solid experience, you may try steak & co next time, they serve better steaks than Bf & Patrick's.

btw don't listen to those who dictate how you should eat your steak, especially when they aren't paying for it, you definitely know what suits you better than them.

I have personally found Patrick's far better for both the food and service than either the Beefeater or Steak & Co but as others have pointed out none could be considered an "Up market" restaurant but then I think anyone that has a fine steak well done should stick to MacDonald's and save their money.

I enjoy reading the restaurant and food reviews on here but always bare in mind that good food is not a production line (Unlike MacDonald's) and no two nights may be the same, it could be a different chef or cut of meat.

Half the fun of eating out is finding new places and trying different dishes. imho

• Like 2

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

Half the fun of eating out is finding new places and trying different dishes. imho

Exactly.  I like the steaks at Steak & CO, the nachos at Long Horn Steak House, mashed potatoes at Beefeater, salad at Sizzler, iced tea at Tequila Reef, and the girls at the Devils Den.  Each place has something different I like more than the other place.  There are hundreds of places I want to try.

Edited by King Cobra
  • Like 1

Stopped into Beefeater with my girl this Saturday night. No bars or restaurants were serving alcohol because of the holiday. So I decided to just get a burger (I need a glass of wine to really enjoy my steak).

Worst decision ever! The burger meat was damned near inedible, tasting like hamburger helper. Very mushy mystery meat. Definitely had some kind of soy or bread additive.  I ate the bacon on top which was nice and crispy. The side of shrimp salad was also very tasty. But could not get in more than a few bites of the burger.

"I don't know why they call this stuff Hamburger Helper -- tastes just fine by itself!"

• Like 2

Beefeater for me is a middle of the road steakhouse in pattaya

although i go there very often for there planked steak, starter and wine..1000baht

for me:

1)Cafe de Amis

Brunos

Moonlight

Au Bon Coin pratumnak soi 5

Mantra

Matahari

Steak and co

Beafeater

some class food in these places :GoldenSmile1:

• Like 4

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Exactly.  I like the steaks at Steak & CO, the nachos at Long Horn Steak House, mashed potatoes at Beefeater, salad at Sizzler, iced tea at Tequila Reef, and the girls at the Devils Den.  Each place has something different I like more than the other place.  There are hundreds of places I want to try.

Now this is a useful post (at least for me). Almost every restaurant has good and bad dishes but if we had a list of good and bad individual dishes it would be very useful. Iced tea at TR I could careless about. But I love mashed potatoes and now I will try Beefeaters. Maybe you (or anyone) should start a thread titled "Individual Dishes" and people could list their favorites.

• Like 2

Now this is a useful post (at least for me). Almost every restaurant has good and bad dishes but if we had a list of good and bad individual dishes it would be very useful. Iced tea at TR I could careless about. But I love mashed potatoes and now I will try Beefeaters. Maybe you (or anyone) should start a thread titled "Individual Dishes" and people could list their favorites.

I dont know their secret but at Beefeater I can eat a whole side bowl of just their mashed potatoes. 

They are so buttery and creamy and with a hint of garlic.  And it goes well with their plank steak (medium to med/rare)

Good idea about the individual dishes.  I like nachos as a starter, sometimes a simple salad.

Everyone has different tastes and after reading many posts in the restaurants section I am in

the search some different places for my girl and I to try.

I dont know their secret but at Beefeater I can eat a whole side bowl of just their mashed potatoes. 

They are so buttery and creamy and with a hint of garlic.  And it goes well with their plank steak (medium to med/rare)

That sounds fucking great!  

although i go there very often for there planked steak, starter and wine..1000baht

for me:

1)Cafe de Amis

Brunos

Moonlight

Mantra

Matahari

Steak and co

Beafeater

Interesting list there.  My opinions on them:

Cafe de Amis - really good food and extensive bar.  Very pricey for Pattaya

Brunos - OK.  If I'm that close I'll go to Mata Hari

Moonlight - went once last week.  Meh.  Silly assed seating where the waiter is constantly reaching over you.  Food is OK and it is a bit pricey too.  I prefer Cafe Des Amis and Mata Hari

Au Bon Coin pratumnak soi 5 - not been.  Hear good things.

Mantra - very pricey.  I found I liked their appetizers more than the main courses

Matahari - always satisfied here.  

Steak and co - had one meal.  Food was good but took forever to arrive.  Could have been a one off

Beafeater - until this trip (July) my favorite combination of location and value for dining.  (ie an air conditioned room and real service).  They removed a few dishes and what do you know they were my favorites.  Still a good value.

Patricks - same as Beefeater.  Great location for me and I like the food and service.  

I might like the Jomtien places better but I don't like traveling there to eat so it's rare for me.  And now they are cracking down on driving under the influence I prefer not getting in a car at night.  Thanks for the list.

No offence meant to your fine report but a couple of things stand out to me.

You are under the illusion that Beefeater is some kind of "upmarket" restaurant? It definitely isn't mate!

I would also prefer my red wine to arrive chilled and allow it to warm up (doesn't take long in Thailand) than for it to arrive above 16 - 18 degrees which is really unacceptable.

As for ordering a fillet steak and requesting it well done, if it had been a classy joint you'd have noticed all the staff sniggering at you.  You don't overcook the best cut of meat there is, may as well cook a flip flop.

Then they would not deserve any business, if they have that bad attitude. There are there for the customers need in reasonable limits, not to uphold some own snobby view about how the food should be done. There is no right or wrong in general, the right is what the customer wants it then and there. I think more than half of them that wants the meat to be rare just do it because that how the "fine and classy" people "likes it". People are really stupid, sorry, but they are.

• 2 weeks later...

After a marathon night with a sexy girl I met at Ibar (she left around 5PM) I was absolutely famished after not eating for more than 24hrs. In desperate need for a steak I decided to give Beefeater another try, despite the horrible Burger I had there earlier this month.

I had the toast skagen as an appetizer and the plank steak medium rare. Glass of the house red wine (australian Shiraz)  to accompany it.

It was the first time I have had toast skagen and it is an amazing dish. A lovely balance between creamy mayonnaise, shrimp, dill and buttery toast. I am now a huge fan.

Then the piece de la resistance. Very nice steak. Not Smith and Smolensky level of quality but damned good. About the level of the same steak you would get at a good grocery (no Safeway) in the USA, Cooked perfectly, as requested. Mashed potatoes nice and buttery. And the bernaise was very good too. Though the steak was good enough that it did not really even need the sauce. The portions were very substantial as I did not even finish the potatoes (though I greedily gobbled down that steak)

The wine was just OK. A little sweet for me. I should have upgraded to the house premium (a Bordeaux).

Total damage 1080 Baht (with mineral water). About $30. Great value for such a quality meal. I have now put the hamburger helper debacle behind me and will be back any time I am jonesing for a steak!   

20150819_170953.jpg

20150819_171919 (1).jpg

Edited by Uncle-V
  • Like 6

Damn,  now I am hungry.  Great Posting and pics.  I also get the plank steak with an extra side of the garlic mashed potatoes.

I am a large mammal so I usually finish everything plus what my girl cannot finish.

She likes the house white wines there as well.

Though Im not a fan of my steak smothered in sauce and sitting on top of a side that looks nice

I like Beefeater, their steak always satisfy me and my friends every time.

I think we have to evaluate them before forget we are in Thailand / Pattaya.

Because in their cuisine they dont have meal like this and i think they dont know how to raise good bovine.

I made another late afternoon trip to Beefeater to recharge the batteries after a late night romp the night before that extended well into the next morning. 

Ordered the babyback ribs this time. Regular size. 

Very, very good. The meat was tender an fell off the bone. The sauce was very good - lots of cumin which I like and not too sweet. They could have used more of a smokey flavor, but they were very tasty.

The portions were satisfying. But if you are hungry you may get the larger size for 100 Bht more. 

Set me back 500 Baht with a coke.

I noticed that the ribs are on the menu for the Sat-Sun Brunch and will only set you back 325 BHT for all you can eat. So I will be back for the ribs and to sample the other dishes. 

Beefeater is very good and is becoming my goto place for reasonably priced falang comfort food.  

20150824_160901.jpg

Edited by Uncle-V
  • Like 4

Ate that too. The large one. It was enough for two.

As you told it is really good and tasty. Very tender.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Beefeater last Monday  for what I thought was my last meal of the trip (actually my little Thai sweetie went out an got me Moo Nom Tok with sticky rice right before I was about to leave for the airport - so I guess that twas officially my last meal.

I got the ribeye with mash and peppercorn sauce and she got the fillet with fries and mushroom gravy.

The meat was perfectly done. Tender and delicious with that charcoal grill flavor. I asked for medium rare, and it was a tad underdone for my taste. I will ask for medium next time. But it was mouthwatering good.  I think I prefer it to the plank, which I have had before, as it has much more of a grilled flavor to it. 

DSCF1904.JPG

DSCF1902.JPG

DSCF1907.JPG

The sides were also delicious. As were both gravies. Perfect over the mashed potatoes. 

My girls was pleased too and she is a very picky eater...

She also ordered a beef salad as starter. The beef was delicious but we both thought the salad was a bit too sweet for us. I woudl pass next time an stick to the Tom Yam or Toast Skagen as starters. 

DSCF1905.JPG

We finished by splitting a Creme Brule. Lovely desert and executed well. The sugar on top was nice and crunchy and the custard creamy and rich. 

DSCF1910.JPG

Total damage with two drinks and a coffee 1800 Baht. Not cheap, but tremendous value for the quality.  Beefeater is rapidly becoming one of my favorite places in town. 

Edited by Uncle-V

I've had exactly that ribeye before, and while it's ok, to me it's just plain too thin. A good steak has more thickness to me.

I've had exactly that ribeye before, and while it's ok, to me it's just plain too thin. A good steak has more thickness to me.

True, but that's why it is 750 Baht and not  $50. Beefeater is not Smith and Wolensky. But IMHO its's pretty damned good for the price.  

Edited by Uncle-V

• 3 months later...

I also like the Beefeater Restaurant. My favourite is the Steak with Pepper Sauce.

On my last trip a few weeks ago, I visited the Restaurant for two times. On both nights, it was totally full of guests.

Steak with Pepper Sauce (first time: well done / second time: medium) and Potato Gratin.

Over and over again with pleasure !

I don´t know exactly, but the price is round about 1000 Baht in total for 1 Person.

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

I also like the Beefeater Restaurant. My favourite is the Steak with Pepper Sauce.

On my last trip a few weeks ago, I visited the Restaurant for two times. On both nights, it was totally full of guests.

Steak with Pepper Sauce (first time: well done / second time: medium) and Potato Gratin.

Over and over again with pleasure !

I don´t know exactly, but the price is round about 1000 Baht in total for 1 Person.

Yumm! my mouth is watering. 

I love their steaks. and that pepper sauce is delicious.  I may do Xmas dinner there with my girl this year. 

I think anyone that has a fine steak well done should stick to MacDonald's and save their money.

I have and always will have my steak well done. Because thats the way i like

I enjoy to have the same dish at different places ;)

for me:

1)Cafe de Amis

Brunos

Moonlight

Mantra

Matahari

Steak and co

Beafeater

You should try Casa Pascal for dinner... Beefeater was my no.1 before i tryed Casa Pascal, which is my no.1 without a question of the restaurants i have tryed in Pattaya

Though the steak was good enough that it did not really even need the sauce.

A good sauce is 50% of the meal. I would not consider a steak without sauce. This is no disrespect, but only different opinion :)