IGNORED

Beefeater - Soi Diana Inn

7 hours ago, TREX7 said:

January,

i tried he beefeater Steakhouse and what an experience it was. i ordered : Pepper Steak – Fillet pepper steak with a creamy, brandy flavored pepper sauce. Served with fried vegetables and potato au gratin.

Looks great, but I have a question:

Were the fried vegetables mixed into the potatoes au gratin (so it was "vegetables and potatoes" au gratin) OR did they just not make it into the photo? 

16 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Looks great, but I have a question:

Were the fried vegetables mixed into the potatoes au gratin (so it was "vegetables and potatoes" au gratin) OR did they just not make it into the photo? 

no, they are not with the potato au gratin. they are under the steak with the sauce. nice amount there, soaks up the steak juices and sauce . quite nice

• 2 weeks later...
well done? why even bother. any reputable steak place would laugh and say no.
my favorite steak place in bangkok will only offer rare or medium rare. i took my old man over there a couple months back and he wanted it medium and they said no. it was hilarious.

Why? Because i like my steak that way. And when i am paying for my food, i want it the way i like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steaks and side dishes are solid - but there are better places for steak in my opinion - 

• Like 1

Ok, What place is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Good to see this place has reopened. Also, noticed that they are doing their Mexican buffet at weekends. Does anyone have experience of this buffet, thinking of going this weekend?

On 07/07/2015 at 19:54, One hung low said:

Is the sauce thing a European , UK thing? Never seen this in North America. I also like the taste of beef.

Personally, I don't understand why people pour sauce on a choice cut of meat. Or ketchup for that matter, MAYBE steak sauce.

But then again , that's just me. And although I like my meat medium rare, doesn't mean others like the same, and a steak should be prepared the way the paying customer wants it. My 2 cents

See but never understood why “Coleman’s hot English mustard is considered a Go To steak seasoning ???!!!?!?!?

Glad to report that the weekend buffet, with Mexican theme, is indeed up and running, Sat and Sun, from 12 till 4, and was really good and also great value at 295.

Ribs, drumsticks, beef chili, stroganoff, fajitas, etc. Mash, rice and some finger food, salsa, sour cream. All beef dishes were excellent quality beef.

Was in around the back of 3 and was still fresh, really quiet at that time.

No complaints, could have done with some salad but overall, well happy and will return again.

SML was 110B.

I will check out the buffet too.  I saw the advertisements last time I walked past.  that restaurant/Indian suit tunnel is turning into steak central with 2 other steak places there now. 

On 02/08/2020 at 03:23, jimboh said:

No complaints, could have done with some salad but overall, well happy and will return again.

They used to have a lovely tomato and chive salad with a basil vinaigrette. I would put some of their lovely roast beef on it for my favorite thing in the whole buffet. Do they still have cold roast beef slices?

2 hours ago, expatdude said:

Do they still have cold roast beef slices?

No, did not see on Sat

• 4 months later...
On 08/07/2015 at 04:54, One hung low said:

Is the sauce thing a European , UK thing? Never seen this in North America. I also like the taste of beef.

Personally, I don't understand why people pour sauce on a choice cut of meat. Or ketchup for that matter, MAYBE steak sauce.

But then again , that's just me. And although I like my meat medium rare, doesn't mean others like the same, and a steak should be prepared the way the paying customer wants it. My 2 cents

You got sauce in Norway, and as a side order in many Europeans country. A good sauce is 50% of the meal IMO

On 29/12/2020 at 11:46, jimboh said:

Still doing the weekend TexMex buffet, was in at weekend, reasonably busy.

Excellent buffet and great value too

Saturday and Sunday??

Start and finish times?

Thanks for any info.

4 minutes ago, thainet said:

Saturday and Sunday??

Start and finish times?

Thanks for any info.

It's now closed until further notice because of the new Covid restrictions.

10 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Thanks anyway.

22 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Most Pattaya restaurants are allowed to be open, including Beefeater. 300b weekend buffet best value.
From FB, today:

image.png.055410c3266ea8c58065694a4a9ba573.pngFood Business Archives - Andy Horvitz

37 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Are you sure ? 

I ate there last night. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

46 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Are you sure ? 

I ate there last night. 

New restrictions to be announced later today, sounds like everything shut for a month.

55 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Are you sure ? 

I ate there last night. 

They announced they were closing on Thursday and it looked like they had remained closed when I went past yesterday. Likely to be closed in the next few days when restrictions are re-imposed.

I just ate at Beefeaters this afternoon for the Tex-Mex buffet. It was still going today, at least.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

• 8 months later...