IGNORED

A lone traveller - where to stay?

TGG

Thanks morganz-August isn't $35 around Boxing Day for 2 weeks though- looked that up- that one and Areca get good reviews on these boards. Btw-That Dusit Thani looks amazing and it's booked out already

If some booking site tells you it's booked out, you can still have the rooms by contacting directly the hotel. Have done this couple of times.

Thanks everyone for helping out, all the advice has been great. Now booked into Areca dec 26 for 3 weeks. Really looking forward to the trip and to put this divorce behind me. If any BM's around, would be great to catch up-

P.s needie .....got the super deluxe for bht 2400 and joined that ace club.

I have attempted to book Areca Lodge for the same dates and it states fully booked

Hi capeyork as a previous poster suggested, get on to them directly- and join that ace club for the discount. I spoke with below 2 people and the email is below, cheers

[email protected]

Walainuch Nuchjapoh (Ms.)

Natticha D (Ms.)

Hi Mate ,

in my opinion better stay in a central place ,to go Soi6,beach road and get a easy back home from WS ang guest friendly (highly)

Page 10 try to book always Full but http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/page-10-restaurant.en.html?aid=841692

Regards sanctum

I just typed your dates into AGODA.com and got the following on the first page (all rates in USD per night and also have to add about another 17% for taxes and such). 

LK Empress -   108/nt   - right on beach road, great location closer to WS, great reviews

August Suites - 52/nt  - super easy baht bus access, kinda 1/2 between Soi 6 and the LK metro area, walking distance to Soi 7/8

Areca Lodge  -  67/nt  - great pools, LK metro area, good recommendations

LK Metropole -  66/nt  -  great feel, good reviews, a little dated but still nice, smallish pool 

Sea Me Spring- 64/nt -  great location, closer to Walking St, highly recommended by many on this board

Empress is great but it's about double the price. I think you can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, I would choose Areca or LK Metropole as I'm a LK area kinda guy. Areca pool is far superior to LK Metropole pool but LKM pool is ok to lay around and get wet in. 

Cheers and good luck.

The op was talking Australian dollars so it's not quite as bad as you think,the Areca Lodge is a popular and always booked out at peak times.

Thanks everyone for helping out, all the advice has been great. Now booked into Areca dec 26 for 3 weeks. Really looking forward to the trip and to put this divorce behind me. If any BM's around, would be great to catch up-

P.s needie .....got the super deluxe for bht 2400 and joined that ace club.

Good to hear you got a super deluxe room in the Evergreen bldg which is the newest of the 3 bldgs. Areca is a good place to stay, and I have stayed there 3 different times all as a lone traveler.  There are 3 different bldgs., and I have stayed 2x in the Areca bldg., 1x in the Corona bldg., but never in the Evergreen bldg. There are two pools and two Gyms (Areca side and Corona/Evergreen side) and you can use either one.  There are also two buffet breakfast areas for the above mentioned bldgs and you might wander over one morning to try the other one. 

If you exit the Evergreen bldg rear, you will be on Soi 15 where you will find a handy 7/11 convenience store, The Avenues shopping center, the Villa supermarket, and Krungsi Bank.  Very convenient location to stock up your mini refrig for your 3 week stay and to exchange Thai baht.

Be sure to try the foot massages in the area.  Good Day massage is close by on Soi Buakao, but I am partial to Nemo’s Guesthouse and massage on Soi 13 (street in front of Areca) because they had free wi-fi.  Here is a discussion about Good Day massage.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/52339-good-day-massage/

I always stay at the galaxy suites on soi diamond, pretty good room's and price, right in the idle of the fun. But not a good place if you go to bed early cuz the music will keep u up. But wo goes to bed early in pattaya anyways.

I always stay at the galaxy suites on soi diamond, pretty good room's and price, right in the idle of the fun. But not a good place if you go to bed early cuz the music will keep u up. But wo goes to bed early in pattaya anyways.

i nearly booked there the jacuzzi looks like a whole lot of fun

Good to hear you got a super deluxe room in the Evergreen bldg which is the newest of the 3 bldgs. Areca is a good place to stay, and I have stayed there 3 different times all as a lone traveler.  There are 3 different bldgs., and I have stayed 2x in the Areca bldg., 1x in the Corona bldg., but never in the Evergreen bldg. There are two pools and two gyms (Areca side and Corona/Evergreen side) and you can use either one.  There are also two buffet breakfast areas for the above mentioned bldgs and you might wander over one morning to try the other one. 

If you exit the Evergreen bldg rear, you will be on Soi 15 where you will find a handy 7/11 convenience store, The Avenues shopping center, the Villa supermarket, and Krungsi Bank.  Very convenient location to stock up your mini refrig for your 3 week stay and to exchange Thai baht.

Be sure to try the foot massages in the area.  Good Day Massage is close by on Soi Buakao, but I am partial to Nemo’s Guesthouse and Massage on Soi 13 (street in front of Areca) because they had free wi-fi.  Here is a discussion about Good Day Massage.

Cheers jimpty- will check out the tips- hearing good things increases my anticipation! Countdown has begun

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I always preferred to stay in a Condo - in JOMTIEN, as Pattaya get's too noisy and too busy. Staying in Jomtien, I am only a short Bath-bus away from Pattaya - but it given me the opportunity to get away from the crazy hustle & bustle.

With your budget, you can get TOP Condo Accommodations - not just hotels...... think about it.

• 5 months later...

Good to hear you got a super deluxe room in the Evergreen bldg which is the newest of the 3 bldgs. Areca is a good place to stay, and I have stayed there 3 different times all as a lone traveler.  There are 3 different bldgs., and I have stayed 2x in the Areca bldg., 1x in the Corona bldg., but never in the Evergreen bldg. There are two pools and two gyms (Areca side and Corona/Evergreen side) and you can use either one.  There are also two buffet breakfast areas for the above mentioned bldgs and you might wander over one morning to try the other one. 

Be sure to try the foot massages in the area.  Good Day Massage is close by on Soi Buakao, but I am partial to Nemo’s Guesthouse and Massage on Soi 13 (street in front of Areca) because they had free wi-fi.  Here is a discussion about Good Day Massage.

...I like the look of Nemos Guesthouse , but am concerned about any noise factor. I am not young and have some health issues , and require to go to sleep early.....

...I like the look of Nemos Guesthouse , but am concerned about any noise factor. I am not young and have some health issues , and require to go to sleep early.....

I just stayed at Nemos and can highly recommend the place.

However, the noise from the karaoke bar across the soi (orn bar) will go on till 2:30am. After then it's quiet.

John and his wife are amazing. Nemo (their little dog) is cute. The massage ladies are friendly. The cleaner girl is very polite and always has a smile.

The location is excellent.

The rooms are clean and reasonable in price. The to has all the channels including sports and movies with Thai subs.

But book early as the best rooms go fast :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 2015: 1st Trip [Report] | November 2015: 2nd trip | February/March 2016: 3rd trip | August 2016: 4th Trip [Report

November 2016: 5th Trip booked | December 2016: Moving to Thailand :D

Archived