IGNORED

A lone traveller - where to stay?

TGG

Not sure if in the right place to post this?.....can someone recommend if Areca Lodge is a good hotel from dec 26 for 15 nights? Yes it's high season aud $150 p/n- any recommendations other than this?

Will be traveling on my own and would like to meet up with some bm's and make friends.

Is the hotel in a good place for a lone traveller? Is another hotel more suitable? Need a bit of help to decide....thanks

Areca is an excellent location with Soi Diana and LK on your doorstep. Also good access to 2nd road and Soi Bua Khao. Just a little on the expensive side for my taste.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Areca is an excellent location with Soi Diana and LK on your doorstep. Also good access to 2nd road and Soi Bua Khao. Just a little on the expensive side for my taste.

Thanks e... Is it close to Soi 6? Most here say that's where the good beer bars are... Where do you stay? That good

Is this your first trip to Pattaya?

Personally I think Soi Diana (the street that Areca Lodge is located on) is an ideal location for a first-timer.

There are plenty of beer bars on Soi Diana - in fact there is a really good complex about 1 minute's walk from your hotelSoi 6 is a five-minute baht bus ride away (10 Baht) and not really an ideal place to look for accommodation at.

$150/night for the Areca Lodge at peak season??? :o

Another quality option on the same street is the LK Renaissance hotel.

Thanks sticky- (good album) not first trip, 2nd-but first was about 25 years ago as a backpacker and there was probably 10 hotels in the whole of pattaya! So will be like a first trip really. I''ll look in lk renaissance - thanks

hi , i would agree with sticky fingers , the area should be perfect for you . 

btw  , you can book a decent serviced room in the area for 700/800 baht per night . if its just a room you want i would not pay for a hotel . remember that you can get your breakfast within 50 meters of your place . breakfast should be under 200 baht . rooms are generally cleaned , supplied with new towels on a daily basis . 

if you do this you are freeing up plenty $$$$$$ for other activities !!!

best of luck and i hope you enjoy your holiday .  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks.....-so sounds like soi Diana is the area- what are the options for serviced rooms- do they have wifi ? I was aiming to also relax by a pool- meet other guests, walk around, massages, pool tables, that sort of stuff.

$150aus per night you could stay at ..Dusit Thani .. with 6 tennis courts 3 pools ... realy good gym and have ocean view room with buffet breakfast over looking a huge indoor waterfall ...in good area with the 10 baht bus at the side gate ...great hotel look it up in Agoda website ...but as i go to patts alot now i stay at April Suites or August Suites for $35 aus per night ...fairly modern place with roof top pool ..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

$150aus per night you could stay at ..Dusit Thani .. with 6 tennis courts 3 pools ... realy good gym and have ocean view room with buffet breakfast over looking a huge indoor waterfall ...in good area with the 10 baht bus at the side gate ...great hotel look it up in AGODA website ...but as i go to patts alot now i stay at april suites or august suites for $35 aus per night ...fairly modern place with roof top pool ..

Thanks morganz-August isn't $35 around Boxing Day for 2 weeks though- looked that up- that one and Areca get good reviews on these boards. Btw-That Dusit Thani looks amazing and it's booked out already

Hi TTG

For the last 10 years i always stay in the Soi Baukaow area which does include soi Diana.

Love it around this area never need to go to Walking Street have plenty of Entertainment

all around Soi Buakaow.

There are loads of hotels and guest houses to choose from depending on your needs.

Have a look here you may find something you like.

http://www.bookmyspot.com/

Thanks morganz-August isn't $35 around Boxing Day for 2 weeks though- looked that up- that one and Areca get good reviews on these boards. Btw-That Dusit Thani looks amazing and it's booked out already

Yes areca is in a prime location near the huge shopping centres and beach and in the middle of all the action baht bus only 10 baht to get any where in town enjoy your trip . Which im sure you will .

Yes areca is in a prime location near the huge shopping centres and beach and in the middle of all the action baht bus only 10 baht to get any where in town enjoy your trip . Which im sure you will .

Cheers thanks

Hi TTG

For the last 10 years i always stay in the Soi Baukaow area which does include soi Diana.

Love it around this area never need to go to Walking street have plenty of Entertainment

all around Soi Buakaow.

There are loads of hotels and guest houses to choose from depending on your needs.

Have a look here you may find something you like.

http://www.bookmyspot.com/

Thanks RB- good tips and that's a good link

I just typed your dates into Agoda.com and got the following on the first page (all rates in USD per night and also have to add about another 17% for taxes and such). 

LK Empress -   108/nt   - right on beach road, great location closer to WS, great reviews

August Suites - 52/nt  - super easy baht bus access, kinda 1/2 between Soi 6 and the LK Metro area, walking distance to Soi 7/8

Areca Lodge  -  67/nt  - great pools, LK Metro area, good recommendations

LK Metropole -  66/nt  -  great feel, good reviews, a little dated but still nice, smallish pool 

Sea Me Spring- 64/nt -  great location, closer to Walking St, highly recommended by many on this board

Empress is great but it's about double the price. I think you can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, I would choose Areca or LK Metropole as I'm a LK area kinda guy. Areca pool is far superior to LK Metropole pool but LKM pool is ok to lay around and get wet in. 

Cheers and good luck. 

I like Lk metropole because the air con stays on when you leave the room, the breakfast is good and the staff are great, should be around the same rack rate as acrea, in off season you can stay there for under 2k a night

Thanks e... Is it close to soi 6? Most here say that's where the good beer bars are... Where do you stay? That good

I now stay in condos as my trips are 2 months long at a time. My first trip I stayed in Sandy Spring on Soi 13 which is another excellent Soi for a new visitor to Patts. Their deluxe sea view rooms are nice and you'll have great access to the baht buses on beach road and second road.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Thanks.....-so sounds like soi Diana is the area- what are the options for serviced rooms- do they have wifi ? I was aiming to also relax by a pool- meet other guests, walk around, massages, pool tables, that sort of stuff.

That has always been one of the key attractions for staying at the Areca. Two large pools. The one at the back which gets a lot of direct sunlight and is popular, and the one at the front which is less popular as it is partly shaded.

Definitely better than LK Renaissance and LK Metrpole pools, can't comment on others.

After about 3 or 4 trips staying at hotels with nice pools, only to never actually use the pool, I just use the rooftop pool at Mike's Shopping Mall on the odd day and choose to stay at guesthouses.

i would actually check the web pages (if they have one) for any before booking on Agoda i got my room at lk the empress cheaper than any of the booking sites by booking direct and taking one of their discounted rates

Hi TGG book direct though areca join ace club, deluxe pool view 2200 baht a night plus 2000 per person for new years eve gala dinner.

if your not fussed about fancy views try out china garden on soi lengkee absolutely massive jacuzzi and will probably cost about the same as previous posters suggestion with no gala dinner fees, cheaper still for a non jacuzzi room but honestly couldnt tell you what their standard rooms look like, jacuzzi room has a massive jacuzzi very large bathroom with walk in shower, two big ass tv's one above jacuzzi and one near to the bed, big ass bed too, really good for the cost

Hey thanks everyone, most helpful. Doing the research bit....and I'll update later, cheers

If you want to be near Soi 6 take a look for "At mind serviced residence" 3 minutes stroll away.The rooms have kitchen,sofa balcony etc,pool and gym,its a pretty well thought of place.ebookers are selling off the 1 beds with separate living\dining for the xmas\new year at £30pn

Archived