Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Parichat golf course?

farcanal

I assume you haven't played the hole from your last line, so yes, there is more to it. The green sits atop a small cliff, which effectively adds about 20 yards to the second shot, making it play about 180. Without wishing to get into another "debate", a 7 wood is the equivalent of a 5 iron, not a 3 iron. I landed on the front of the green, but due to the trajectory landing on the elevated green, the ball shot through the back. A lesser club would have hit the cliff and careened god knows where. A greater club would have pitched through the back. How can that be poor club selection?

Yes, a 6 marker means 6 handicap where i come from, and for someone who has never seen me play to question my ability in such a manner, yes i do find abusive/disrespectful. if you read back through th posts, i offerred an honest opinion, never questioned the guys right to have his nor made any negative cooments about them, only offered further views. He escalted, i retaliated. If you feel i got my panties in a wad, i apologise wholeheartedly.

Correct. I have not played the hole.

So I assume the green is ELEVATED then. i.e. fact not previously in evidence (or did I miss that ?). OK, that makes it a bit different.

Although club makers "play around" with lofts all the time nowadays, loft on a 7 wood is around 21 degrees. Depending on your iron set that is roughly the same as a 3 iron. And the 7 wood, having more mass would typically hit it a bit further than a 3 iron.

However, the fact that you hit the front of the green and ended up 20 yards OVER the green, assuming your's was a well struck lofted shot and not a "line drive", suggests the hole is patently "unfair". Your ball ended up almost almost 50 yards (+/- 10) PAST where your ball landed. Something's amiss.

And if you think disagreeing with you is "abusive", I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps "grow a thicker skin" ? 

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edited?

poor club selection?

prone to exageraration & sensationalism?

not me who managed to glean a point?

chipping and putting strength needs a little fine tuning?

Who are you to make these statements? abusive, maybe. Disrespectful, definately.

I thought you were ceasing this to and fro, which you incidentally started. Looks like that need of yours to have the last word is rearing its ugly head again.

That's me done on this subject, feel free to have your last word.

Chill out you knob

Chill out you knob

wow, thank you for your valuable input to the discussion. I must make a note to follow your future posts with great interest.

wow, thank you for your valuable input to the discussion. I must make a note to follow your future posts with great interest.

Your most welcome 

Correct. I have not played the hole.

So I assume the green is ELEVATED then. i.e. fact not previously in evidence (or did I miss that ?). OK, that makes it a bit different.

Although club makers "play around" with lofts all the time nowadays, loft on a 7 wood is around 21 degrees. Depending on your iron set that is roughly the same as a 3 iron. And the 7 wood, having more mass would typically hit it a bit further than a 3 iron.

However, the fact that you hit the front of the green and ended up 20 yards OVER the green, assuming your's was a well struck lofted shot and not a "line drive", suggests the hole is patently "unfair". Your ball ended up almost almost 50 yards (+/- 10) PAST where your ball landed. Something's amiss.

And if you think disagreeing with you is "abusive", I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps "grow a thicker skin" ? 

Not taking sides but just to say I ditched my 3 iron in favour of a 7 wood I acquired when I found I could hit it more consistently and on average maybe 10 yards further.

Not taking sides but just to say I ditched my 3 iron in favour of a 7 wood I acquired when I found I could hit it more consistently and on average maybe 10 yards further.

Don't blame you at all.   :Good_Job:

I ditched my 3 and 4 irons for hybrids at least 10 years ago, probably more. Much easier to hit, hit higher and land softer than the 3 or 4 irons.

7 wood - same same. More mass down low to launch it higher and land it softer and roughly the same distance.

The "disagreement" was what club the 7 wood replaced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he claimed "5 iron". He was incorrect. Doesn't make him a bad person.   :ShitHappens1:

Don't blame you at all.   :Good_Job:

I ditched my 3 and 4 irons for hybrids at least 10 years ago, probably more. Much easier to hit, hit higher and land softer than the 3 or 4 irons.

7 wood - same same. More mass down low to launch it higher and land it softer and roughly the same distance.

The "disagreement" was what club the 7 wood replaced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he claimed "5 iron". He was incorrect. Doesn't make him a bad person.   :ShitHappens1:

some people just can't leave it alone. My kit goes from a 6 iron to a 7 wood, then down through the woods, with no discernable distance gap. I took my 5 iron out to accomodate the 7 wood. Therefore, the 7 wood replaced the 5 iron. It's hardly rocket science.

some people just can't leave it alone. My kit goes from a 6 iron to a 7 wood, then down through the woods, with no discernable distance gap. I took my 5 iron out to accomodate the 7 wood. Therefore, the 7 wood replaced the 5 iron. It's hardly rocket science.

Now, now. No need for any more butt hurt from you.

For example, *I* didn't re-awaken this thread or your mistake. Kanga contributed and I responded.

Butt you're right. It's NOT rocket science. It's a lot easier.  :22600584-Th:

A 5 iron has roughly 27 degrees of loft. A 7 wood, 21 degrees and considerably more "bulk".

Why your "kit" goes from 6 iron to 7 wood and produces regular gaps I have no idea (nor do I care) but the 7 wood is quite CLEARLY NOT a replacement for a 5 iron.

But if it works for you,,,,,,,,, by all means carry on,,,,,,,,  :Hello1:

You said I was incorrect in stating my 7 wood replaced my 5 iron. It was not incorrect or a mistake, it is a fact, therefore no "mistake" to reawaken. My 7 wood IS CLEARLY a replacement for my 5 iron. It works for me so I will carry on, thank you.

Anyway, lest we forget the subject of the thread. Parichat, anyone played it yet? Opinions -good or bad?

I assume you haven't played the hole from your last line, so yes, there is more to it. The green sits atop a small cliff, which effectively adds about 20 yards to the second shot, making it play about 180. Without wishing to get into another "debate", a 7 wood is the equivalent of a 5 iron, not a 3 iron. I landed on the front of the green, but due to the trajectory landing on the elevated green, the ball shot through the back. A lesser club would have hit the cliff and careened god knows where. A greater club would have pitched through the back. How can that be poor club selection?

You said I was incorrect in stating my 7 wood replaced my 5 iron. It was not incorrect or a mistake, it is a fact, therefore no "mistake" to reawaken. My 7 wood IS CLEARLY a replacement for my 5 iron. It works for me so I will carry on, thank you.

Anyway, lest we forget the subject of the thread. Parichat, anyone played it yet? Opinions -good or bad?

No. See above. I did not say you were incorrect in stating YOUR 7 wood replaced YOUR 5 iron as that is not what YOU said (originally).

You think you can just shift the argument to suit you ?  :22600584-Th:  :BB_Fight:

Why yes, I think you think you can,,,,,,  :WhoSaw1:   :GrinNod1:

Sorry you have such issues with your "gaps". Maybe some prayer would help ?  :ThankGod1:  :D  :D  :D

When I put a Hybrid 21 degree in my bag , "I I took my 5 iron Lob Wedge out to accomodate the 7 wood."

"Therefore, the 7 wood replaced the 5 iron Lob wedge, It's hardly rocket science."

Real men use woods & irons. Cross dressers use hybrids :Think1:  :ThumbUp6:  :Crazy1:  :Good_Night:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Sorry to get personal. Sulu, Bossofzip, you are quite clearly a couple of prize pricks. Sulu, there are at least 5 other factors other than loft, affecting how far a club will send a ball. I won't go into detail as it would be clearly wasted on you. Bossofzip, the less said the better. Your post yet again shows you up for the numpty you clearly are.

anyway, Parichat, good or bad?. Personally I thought it was a great course, with the 17th ranking as one of the finest holes i've ever played.....

Sorry to get personal. Sulu, Bossofzip, you are quite clearly a couple of prize pricks. Sulu, there are at least 5 other factors other than loft, affecting how far a club will send a ball. I won't go into detail as it would be clearly wasted on you. Bossofzip, the less said the better. Your post yet again shows you up for the numpty you clearly are.

anyway, Parichat, good or bad?. Personally I thought it was a great course, with the 17th ranking as one of the finest holes i've ever played.....

:Bow5:

I sell golf clubs and what sulu says above is absolutely correct.  Some people will hit all clubs after a certain threshold similar distances but this is more likely to show up in a high handicapper.  For most people replacing a 5 iron with a fairway wood would likely mean utilizing a 25 degree 11 wood(try finding one of those!) with distance about half club or more than a conventional 5 iron.  If you're not playing a 5 iron the replacement is usually a 25 degree hybrid.

I sell golf clubs and what sulu says above is absolutely correct.  Some people will hit all clubs after a certain threshold similar distances but this is more likely to show up in a high handicapper.  For most people replacing a 5 iron with a fairway wood would likely mean utilizing a 25 degree 11 wood(try finding one of those!) with distance about half club or more than a conventional 5 iron.  If you're not playing a 5 iron the replacement is usually a 25 degree hybrid.

I once saw a guy with woods 1-19.  Never seen a 19 wood before.  Held it and looked down at it and that much loft on a wood was weird.  I do like the hybrids and have replaced my 3 iron with one.  Don't like hitting the 4 iron much either but it goes straight so......

So when you are shown YOUR OWN WORDS (about 7 wood and 5 irons), instead of simply admitting you misspoke and diffusing the situation, you attack.

Common strategy on internet forums. Oh well.

You're correct (go figure) there ARE other factors that affect length. I can actually hit a SW 30 yards or 90. :WhoSaw1:

And if a "1 club" wind is into me I can only hit a 9 iron 120 instead of a windless 130 or a downwind 140. A slightly shorter shaft on the same iron head will (marginally) shorten the distance; a longer one marginally increasing distance. And a 21 degree 7 wood WILL hit it a bit further than a 21 degree iron because of its greater mass.

Thanks for the info.  :Good_Job:

So just for the record, others can point out exactly correct info (such as the loft of particular clubs that I gave you) and I'm a "prick" for giving you the info.

And you won't waste your time explaining "stuff" to me/us ?

Is that 'cause you don't want to be a "prick" ?  :Laugh1:

Or are you a prick anyway for calling me/us pricks ?  :Raspberry6:

And now you feel the 17th hole, the one where you drove as close to the hazard as was practical/safe and the one where you ended up some 40-50 yards further than where your "correct" club landed you is a "fine hole" ?

How conflicted you must feel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :o  :rolleyes:

P.S. When I play Parichat I'll come back and give you my opinion on it, especially 17.  :High5:

Frankly I don't think you're "sorry" at all,,,,,,,,

If anyone is still interested about Parichat golf course i have a voucher for 1 group ( 4 ball max ) 1,000 baht person G/f , caddy & cart for weekdays, add 400 baht for weekends.  Cut off date 30th November ( Monday ) . If anyone wants the voucher PM me & will organise where you can pick it up.

Sulu, the other factors i refer to have nothing to do with climatic conditions of the day or how long your backswing when making a shorter shot. In the clubhead, in addition to loft, you also have centre of gravity. In the shaft you have weight, flex, kick point and length. There could be more, maybe dirkdee can tell us.

Throughout this thread, i have only offered my personal opinions, based on my own experiences which i am only qualified to comment on,, nothing more, unlike a certain other contibutor, (not you), who questioned my views, in a disrestpectful manner, without being in possession of the salient facts.

for the record, over the last 7 or so years, i have replaced a cobra s2 5 iron, stiff steel shaft, with a taylor made r7 cgb 7 wood, regular grafite. Both clubs sent the ball approx 180 yds, all other factors being equal. Since then i have moved from the r 7 to a calloway razor x, and changed my irons to calloway apex, same shafts as before, and the result is the same - 6 iron approx 170, 7 wood approx 180. maybe it is just my particular swing that makes it so? Either way, in my own experience over a number of years and club changes, a 7 wood has continued to replace a 5 iron. For others it may well be different. Again, i am in no position to comment on other peoples experience.

Regarding the 17th at parichat, i was being sarcastic. I described it in my first post as being the most unfair and unplayable hole i have ever played. With hindsight, i withdraw this comment, all holes are playable. It is simply the worst designed (in my opinion). Regarding parichat in general, i can only make the following statement. I play golf regularly with two well established pattaya golf outlets, both psc and ipgc. Over the low season they took a combined total of 26 golfers with handicaos ranging from 6 to 24, 1 visit each, to Parichat.1 group played off the blues, the other off the whites. None of those 26 intend to return any time soon. Make if that what you will.

Sulu, the other factors i refer to have nothing to do with climatic conditions of the day or how long your backswing when making a shorter shot. In the clubhead, in addition to loft, you also have centre of gravity. In the shaft you have weight, flex, kick point and length. There could be more, maybe dirkdee can tell us.(torque)

for the record, over the last 7 or so years, i have replaced a cobra s2 5 iron, stiff steel shaft, with a taylor made r7 cgb 7 wood, regular grafite. Both clubs sent the ball approx 180 yds, all other factors being equal. Since then i have moved from the r 7 to a calloway razor x, and changed my irons to calloway apex, same shafts as before, and the result is the same - 6 iron approx 170, 7 wood approx 180. maybe it is just my particular swing that makes it so? Either way, in my own experience over a number of years and club changes, a 7 wood has continued to replace a 5 iron. For others it may well be different. Again, i am in no position to comment on other peoples experience.

I made my post to add what is typical and how different clubs should slot in with respect to gapping.  Clubs though are hit by humans not machines, so the physics can become a little bit blurry.  The Apexes are newer irons with stronger lofts and you could very well be delofting them even more with your golf swing and not at all with fairway woods in a bid to get the shot airborne.(this brings the gapping closer) However if you are playing stiff steel shafts in your irons you will not get as much distance as regular flex but more control/tighter dispersion.  Those Apexes with the stock Recoil graphite shafts are a monster!

The center of gravity in fairway won't be as huge a factor as in drivers but typically cg moved forward will produce a lower spin and launch (your Razr X won't be in this category) and more distance when properly struck.  A heavier shaft will typically launch lower, and a low kick point will launch higher.  Flex I mentioned above and length self explanatory.

In closing a 21 degree fairway will typically replace a 3 iron plus and I speak in generalities.  In bodboy's case I think it's a matter of swinging two different clubs(fairway and iron) differently and in his mind reconciling what he needs to do with each to achieve desired distances, much like discerning a 30 yd lob wedge over a bunker or running a 7 iron the same distance from off the green.  His case is not the norm though.

Sulu, the other factors i refer to have nothing to do with climatic conditions of the day or how long your backswing when making a shorter shot. In the clubhead, in addition to loft, you also have centre of gravity. In the shaft you have weight, flex, kick point and length. There could be more, maybe dirkdee can tell us.

Throughout this thread, i have only offered my personal opinions, based on my own experiences which i am only qualified to comment on,, nothing more, unlike a certain other contibutor, (not you), who questioned my views, in a disrestpectful manner, without being in possession of the salient facts.

Regarding the 17th at parichat, i was being sarcastic. I described it in my first post as being the most unfair and unplayable hole i have ever played. With hindsight, i withdraw this comment, all holes are playable. It is simply the worst designed (in my opinion). Regarding parichat in general, i can only make the following statement. I play golf regularly with two well established pattaya golf outlets, both psc and ipgc. Over the low season they took a combined total of 26 golfers with handicaos ranging from 6 to 24, 1 visit each, to Parichat.1 group played off the blues, the other off the whites. None of those 26 intend to return any time soon. Make if that what you will.

I made my post to add what is typical and how different clubs should slot in with respect to gapping.  Clubs though are hit by humans not machines, so the physics can become a little bit blurry.  The Apexes are newer irons with stronger lofts and you could very well be delofting them even more with your golf swing and not at all with fairway woods in a bid to get the shot airborne.(this brings the gapping closer) However if you are playing stiff steel shafts in your irons you will not get as much distance as regular flex but more control/tighter dispersion.  Those Apexes with the stock Recoil graphite shafts are a monster!

The center of gravity in fairway won't be as huge a factor as in drivers but typically cg moved forward will produce a lower spin and launch (your Razr X won't be in this category) and more distance when properly struck.  A heavier shaft will typically launch lower, and a low kick point will launch higher.  Flex I mentioned above and length self explanatory.

In closing a 21 degree fairway will typically replace a 3 iron plus and I speak in generalities.  In bodboy's case I think it's a matter of swinging two different clubs(fairway and iron) differently and in his mind reconciling what he needs to do with each to achieve desired distances, much like discerning a 30 yd lob wedge over a bunker or running a 7 iron the same distance from off the green.  His case is not the norm though.

Excellent posts/explanations from you both and I agree with every point !!!

As for Parichat, when I play it I'll let you know.  :ThumbUp6:

• 2 weeks later...

I played Parichat and along with the other 11 people I went with of varying handicaps we all agreed we would not return anytime soon. There were some ridiculously long carries to reach some of the fairways and it seemed as if the course designer set out to put as many difficulties and hazards on each hole as he/she could. A lot of the hazards are unseen so unless you walk the course in its entirety you just don't know they are there, especially as there was no course guide available and the caddies being new are not much help.

To my mind the 17th is a Mickey Mouse hole, badly designed with no bail out area, okay for a single figure handicapper but not for the rest of us average golfers.

"I want to die young, but only when I'm very very old"

"Life is for living, not for wishing you had lived a life"

I played Parichat and along with the other 11 people I went with of varying handicaps we all agreed we would not return anytime soon. There were some ridiculously long carries to reach some of the fairways and it seemed as if the course designer set out to put as many difficulties and hazards on each hole as he/she could. A lot of the hazards are unseen so unless you walk the course in its entirety you just don't know they are there, especially as there was no course guide available and the caddies being new are not much help.

To my mind the 17th is a Mickey Mouse hole, badly designed with no bail out area, okay for a single figure handicapper but not for the rest of us average golfers.

PSC website has the tips at only 6300 yards. Of course it also has EVERY tee rated at 73.0 120,,,,,,, so there's something not right with the PSC info,,,,,,,,,,,,

Interesting though. Kinda makes me want to see it even more.

I've played most of the courses in the area and honestly, the ONLY courses I haven't thought much of are Tha Navy Course and Treasure Hill.

Gonna be interesting to see Parichat,,,,,,,,,,, wonder if I'll feel the same way,,,,,,,,,,,

I AM a single digit handicapper and I agree with every sentiment you wrote.  Instead of taking on the long carries i usually laid up and took my chances with a longer shot in.  The course is a hodge podge effort at creating trouble with no idea of risk reward.

Archived