IGNORED

Parichat golf course?

farcanal

This has just appeared on the Pattaya Sports Club rates list. Apparently a new course....has anyone played here yet?

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but the golf club just got back.

Am getting reports that it's good.

It's new so it needs some growing but it's just near Pattaya CC and looks nice.Golf club Facebook has pics.image.jpg

The Intel I get is that it's very good and a great addition to the rotation.

image.jpg

Anybody has a map ?

Cheers

No but the golf club just got back.

Am getting reports that it's good.

It's new so it needs some growing but it's just near Pattaya CC and looks nice.Golf club Facebook has pics.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The Intel I get is that it's very good and a great addition to the rotation.

That rough in the first pic doesn't look too friendly......will need to take a whipper snipper with me

That rough in the first pic doesn't look too friendly......will need to take a whipper snipper with me

Lol.Yep,me too.

It's Thai owned and built to be a 'premiere' (ie expensive and exclusive) club in due course with a hotel and luxury clubhouse under construction. It is set up in macho fashion as very much a low handicapper or long straight hitter's course. Lots of long carries over water off the tees and ditches across some fairways to further test the golfer. Off the fairways lots of water and reedy marshland. Fairways very patchy and need lots of time, irrigation and TLC before they mature to play it as it lies standard. Greens are also new and will improve but again time needed. Caddies are all new there and still learning the ways and wherefors of the course. Some cheap deals currently available to stimulate cash flow and a cart is essential because of distances from greens to next tees. In time it will be a love it or loathe it course with no middle ground.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

It's Thai owned and built to be a 'premiere' (ie expensive and exclusive) club in due course with a hotel and luxury clubhouse under construction. It is set up in macho fashion as very much a low handicapper or long straight hitter's course. Lots of long carries over water off the tees and ditches across some fairways to further test the golfer. Off the fairways lots of water and reedy marshland. Fairways very patchy and need lots of time, irrigation and TLC before they mature to play it as it lies standard. Greens are also new and will improve but again time needed. Caddies are all new there and still learning the ways and wherefors of the course. Some cheap deals currently available to stimulate cash flow and a cart is essential because of distances from greens to next tees. In time it will be a love it or loathe it course with no middle ground.

Thanks for that irish......'nuff said....I'll give it a wide berth. Sounds like a bit of a goat track atm

• 3 months later...

Thanks for that irish......'nuff said....I'll give it a wide berth. Sounds like a bit of a goat track atm

A few months down the track and it is far from "a goat track" , in my opinion.

Not to say that it is perfect and does need some more time to reach it's full potential.

The most pertinent advice I could offer would be to give plenty of thought to the tees played from.  Length of the course is not excessive , but there are several carries to landing areas.

The course requires sound course & game management if you are going to score well.  That will not matter 1 iota if you are hitting it sideways , because you WILL have your arse handed to you by this course.

I think , other than maybe the 1st hole , they have done a reasonable job with the stroke indexes per hole , with the # 1 index giving plenty to consider.

Currently with the promotions available , it represents good value and a solid challenge at all levels , if playing from the relevant tees.

I found it in fairly good condition with the greens perfectly plagable. Unfortunately it is very unbalanced - off the blue tees the carries are too long for the average handicapper, off the whites the whole course plays far too short. Also the #1 hole is virtually unplayable, by far the most unfair hole I have seen anywhere.

I found it in fairly good condition with the greens perfectly plagable. Unfortunately it is very unbalanced - off the blue tees the carries are too long for the average handicapper, off the whites the whole course plays far too short. Also the #1 hole is virtually unplayable, by far the most unfair hole I have seen anywhere.

I am not 100% sure whether the poster refers to #1 hole , or #1 index hole , the 17th.  Probably hole #17 , the #1 index hole , but I canot agree at all with his assessment as "virtually unplayable" or "unfair".  

It warrants the #1 index rating for sure , and depending on the tee played it deserves consideration on how the hole is played.  If the carry to the green is considered too far , there is a lay up to 150 yards short of the water.  There is some room behind the green , but it is not an easy chip back to the hole , as the green slopes significantly back to front.

Being #1 index pretty much everybody gets at least 1 shot here , so a par (or better) would be a bonus.  As I said in my assessment , the course requires some player management if you want to score well here.  

I am unaware of Bodboy's handicap or from which tees he played , but I played from Blue & do get 1 shot on the hole in question.  While I did not make par , the playability of the hole did not come into question.  Perhaps as this hole became more familiar , players would come up with their own game plan for this hole.

Rather than focus on the perceived negatives of hole # 17 , there are several scoreable holes , particularly # 18 , a par 5 on the card of less than 420 yards , but again course management is required to take advantage.

I read somewhere once , "there are no bad golf holes , only bad golfers" , while that may or not be true , players can make up their own mind on the course & individual holes , but I saw no unfair or unplayable holes at Parichat Golf Links.

Hi Bossofzip

I am indeed referring to hole #17 and this is just my honest assessment. Choice of tees here for me is irrelevant, off the blues a driver would put me just short of the water, off the whites it's a 3 wood lay up, leaving the same 2nd shot, which is the issue - 160 yds to a severely sloping green perched ontop a small vertical cliff, the elevation of which adds a couple of clubs. To hit the green in two, and hold it, is nigh on impossible, given the angle and club length you'll be coming in with (for me a flat landing 7 wood), and while there is plenty of room behind the green, to hold the green with the chip back takes professional skill. The only way to play the hole is to lay up in two and play a blind pitch to a severely sloping green. On a 380 - 400 yds hole, I think this is unfair. For info, i'm a 6 marker. My playing partners that day were 10 & 12. We scored 1 point between us!

Hi Bossofzip
I am indeed referring to hole #17 and this is just my honest assessment. Choice of tees here for me is irrelevant, off the blues a driver would put me just short of the water, off the whites it's a 3 wood lay up, leaving the same 2nd shot, which is the issue - 160 yds to a severely sloping green perched ontop a small vertical cliff, the elevation of which adds a couple of clubs. To hit the green in two, and hold it, is nigh on impossible, given the angle and club length you'll be coming in with (for me a flat landing 7 wood), and while there is plenty of room behind the green, to hold the green with the chip back takes professional skill. The only way to play the hole is to lay up in two and play a blind pitch to a severely sloping green. On a 380 - 400 yds hole, I think this is unfair. For info, i'm a 6 marker. My playing partners that day were 10 & 12. We scored 1 point between us!

Thx for the info , & of course you are entitled to your opinion , and I do not wish to draw too many conclusions , given the details provided , or give a blow by blow commentary on how I played the hole.  For arguments sake , we will say I match your handicap , but that does not mean we have the same strengths & weaknesses or attitudes & philosophies to shots.

I erred on the side of caution , as I had not been there before , went a few yards long , chipped back & made a bogey for 2 points.  While the hole is not easy , I would expect to make no worse than a bogey on most occasions.

That you & your friends played the hole not to your satisfaction , would suggest to me , either poor shot execution , or poor club selection.  If I hit the wrong club or played a poor shot , I would chalk that up to me , not the hole being unfair , or unplayable.  There is definitely other options to playing the hole than the "only" option you gave.

A 14 marker in my foursome made a bogey from the Blues , no great drama involved.   A 10 marker took a wipe , because of poor shot execution on his behalf , as did the 19 marker from the Whites.

It IS a difficult hole I agree , intimidating (obviously) but definitely NOT unfair or unplayable.  To deem 1 hole unplayable is effectively writing the course off , and it is certainly deserving of more than that.  Play it 2 or 3 times , you might smoke that 7 Wood , make a par & wonder what all the fuss was about.

I did smoke the 7 wood, landed on the green and was left with an impossible 20 yd chip back down the green. My strength is my chipping and putting, but I'd make the up and down from the back maybe 1 in 50. If I played the hole again I'd lay up, more chance of an up and down from the blind pitch up the cliff. Anyway, at 1300 green fee plus caddy + cart, much better options around. If this type of hole appeals, get yourselves up to wangjuntr, there's 18 of them to go at at half the price.

I did smoke the 7 wood, landed on the green and was left with an impossible 20 yd chip back down the green. My strength is my chipping and putting, but I'd make the up and down from the back maybe 1 in 50. If I played the hole again I'd lay up, more chance of an up and down from the blind pitch up the cliff. Anyway, at 1300 green fee plus caddy + cart, much better options around. If this type of hole appeals, get yourselves up to wangjuntr, there's 18 of them to go at at half the price.

20 yards back = poor club selection 

They have  a Promotion thru to end of Dec , GF + CF + Cart + a light meal  -  990Baht , Tee-Off after 1:00pm

This represents great value , for a challenging course , IMO.

I have played Wangjuntr numerous times , both the Valley & the Highland , while have played the Jungle just the once.  It is certainly NOT "at half the price".

While I respect your right to an opinion and your ability at your declared 6 h/c , you do seem prone to exaggeration and sensationalism , "unfair" , "unplayable" , "half the price".

I am beginning to think it was not you that managed to glean 1 point from the hole for your group of 3 , maybe that chipping & putting strength needs a little fine tuning.

Anyway , I won't be seeing you at Parichat , and that is cool , but when I next play there , I will NOT be laying up on 17 , and on that note , I will cease our little to & fro , as there is no purpose to be served in it's continuance.

A couple of bozzofzip's comments in post #9 are very pertinent. (sorry I cannot seem to copy/paste or quote) I played the course about 3 weeks ago and although I played very badly (even for me :GoldenSmile1:) I could see the potential at least in the first 9. I am still undecided about the back 9.

The biggest issue we had was where to hit the ball and how far and with inexperienced caddies this was a real problem. The hidden water in the middle of the fairway on the first and the short par 4 (3rd?) but two examples. 

If you go I would suggest you make sure you have plenty of balls......and if you can lay your hands on a range finder even better.

Wangjuntr - Highlands I agree is, dare I say it, a bit mickey mouse but The Valley course is ok. Not tried the Jungle.

20 yards back = poor club selection 

They have  a Promotion thru to end of Dec , GF + CF + Cart + a light meal  -  990Baht , Tee-Off after 1:00pm

This represents great value , for a challenging course , IMO.

I have played Wangjuntr numerous times , both the Valley & the Highland , while have played the Jungle just the once.  It is certainly NOT "at half the price".

While I respect your right to an opinion and your ability at your declared 6 h/c , you do seem prone to exaggeration and sensationalism , "unfair" , "unplayable" , "half the price".

I am beginning to think it was not you that managed to glean 1 point from the hole for your group of 3 , maybe that chipping & putting strength needs a little fine tuning.

Anyway , I won't be seeing you at Parichat , and that is cool , but when I next play there , I will NOT be laying up on 17 , and on that note , I will cease our little to & fro , as there is no purpose to be served in it's continuance.

No need to get abusive, Prick. The guy asked for opinions, i gave an honest assessment, some positives, some negative. For some reason you chose to escalate. It appears you don't like someone disagreeing with you, and judging from your last sentence, need to have the last word. Please feel free to take up a membership at parichat and leave the better courses for the rest of us.

No need to get abusive, Prick. The guy asked for opinions, i gave an honest assessment, some positives, some negative. For some reason you chose to escalate. It appears you don't like someone disagreeing with you, and judging from your last sentence, need to have the last word. Please feel free to take up a membership at parichat and leave the better courses for the rest of us.

abusive ?     

:Cry3:

Edited?

poor club selection?

prone to exageraration & sensationalism?

not me who managed to glean a point?

chipping and putting strength needs a little fine tuning?

Who are you to make these statements? abusive, maybe. Disrespectful, definately.

I thought you were ceasing this to and fro, which you incidentally started. Looks like that need of yours to have the last word is rearing its ugly head again.

That's me done on this subject, feel free to have your last word.

Edited?

poor club selection?

prone to exageraration & sensationalism?

not me who managed to glean a point?

chipping and putting strength needs a little fine tuning?

Who are you to make these statements? abusive, maybe. Disrespectful, definately.

I thought you were ceasing this to and fro, which you incidentally started. Looks like that need of yours to have the last word is rearing its ugly head again. 

That's me done on this subject, feel free to have your last word.

Now, now. No need to get your panties in a wad. Guy disagrees with you and you call him "abusive" ? Disrespectful ?  :rolleyes:

If you were 20 yards over the green you DID make a poor club choice. (<--- is that "abusive" ? If so, sorry).

I assume a "6 marker" is another term for "6 handicap", yes ?

So you're hitting a driver from the blues about 240 to give you 160 (to the middle). You can hit your driver 240 but need a 7 wood, the equivalent of a 3+ iron from 160 ??? Doesn't seem to make sense to me,,,,,,,,,,,,, and apparently not to you either - you seemed to have gotten the results you clubbed for.

And as a 6 handicapper you're not "supposed" to make par on that hole, at least not very easily. But driver + 6 iron doesn't sound all that difficult - I suspect there must be more to the hole,,,,,,,,,,  :Blur:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Just another opinion.  I won't play there again.  There really wasn't much to like about it.  Some silly holes and nothing picturesque.  A lot of tee shots where you have no idea where to hit.  As for #17 it is silly.  High handicappers will never score a stable ford on it.  And no I didn't blob it - par.    #18 isn't much better in that it is TOO easy.  A par 5 on the card.  yet, I hit a 5 iron off the tee (didn't recognize how wide fairway was over the water).  And then hit a 3i rescue club green high right.  Believe me I do not hit 5i and 3i Rescue 500 yards.  Well hit maybe 400 total.

This is probably the only course near Pattaya I know I will never play again.  Not even for free.  And lest someone think it was sour grapes I was in a comp and won it that day.  

Only other course I would slag off this bad is Phoenix.  Sadly Phoenix is a good layout and course with terrible bunkers.  if you hit high approach shots and hit a bunker the ball may be 6 inches below level.  And has been that way for years.  

Played it a couple of times in the last 2 weeks, many things on this thread I agree with, but any course comes down to personal taste surely. For me it is a great course which as somebody says needs "thinking " about, I think if you are a John Daly type, rip it , find it and rip it again, ( oh and I am a big fan of his) then you will spend a long time looking

My tuppence worth on 17: Imtimidating from the tee, but a 3 wood lay up and 5 iron to front of green. ( 3 putted) that would be my play, wind direction allowing.

I am a 14 h/cap if u are interested.

990 deal in October was brilliant value, the Nov after 1 pm I think could be tricky if u tee off after 2 .. Hope to book for one day next week.

Bozzofzip: PM me if u fancy making up a 4. Presently 3 of us

Just another opinion.  I won't play there again.  There really wasn't much to like about it.  Some silly holes and nothing picturesque.  A lot of tee shots where you have no idea where to hit.  As for #17 it is silly.  High handicappers will never score a stable ford on it.  And no I didn't blob it - par.    #18 isn't much better in that it is TOO easy.  A par 5 on the card.  yet, I hit a 5 iron off the tee (didn't recognize how wide fairway was over the water).  And then hit a 3i rescue club green high right.  Believe me I do not hit 5i and 3i Rescue 500 yards.  Well hit maybe 400 total.

This is probably the only course near Pattaya I know I will never play again.  Not even for free.  And lest someone think it was sour grapes I was in a comp and won it that day.  

Only other course I would slag off this bad is Phoenix.  Sadly Phoenix is a good layout and course with terrible bunkers.  if you hit high approach shots and hit a bunker the ball may be 6 inches below level.  And has been that way for years.  

At the risk of accusations of being "abusive" , I will post a comment re the course.  Would have been relevant to know which tees played from.

That the poster will choose not to go there again , is his to make.  I will stick with my comment that it represents good value currently , with it's post 1pm tee-off cost of 990B , all in.

From previous posts I have read you play regularly from the self declared "home of golf in Pattaya" which plays weekly at Green Vanilla Valley from the whites , so maybe that is the ideal local course , not that I think it is.

I have long ago given up on declaring that such & such a handicap players won't score on a hole , the majority of "high handicappers" will have 2 shots on 17 & be playing from the Whites , triple bogey gets them on the card.

Yes the par 5 , 18th is short at 414yds from the Blue , but indexed at a sensible 17 , so gives the chance for all players to walk off feeling pleased with themselves after maybe a 3 pointer , no drama there.

Once played there the 1st time , players will should have a clue where to aim & which club to select in future rounds.  There are plenty of holes at plenty of courses where , at the 1st time of playing , there is no certainty in where you are heading , it is not a situation exclusive to Parichat !

That the poster would not play there "for free" , is to me , more an indication of his lack of budget constraints , and good luck to him for that.  

At the risk of accusations of being "abusive" , I will post a comment re the course.  Would have been relevant to know which tees played from.

That the poster will choose not to go there again , is his to make.  I will stick with my comment that it represents good value currently , with it's post 1pm tee-off cost of 990B , all in.

From previous posts I have read you play regularly from the self declared "home of golf in Pattaya" which plays weekly at Green Vanilla Valley from the whites , so maybe that is the ideal local course , not that I think it is.

I have long ago given up on declaring that such & such a handicap players won't score on a hole , the majority of "high handicappers" will have 2 shots on 17 & be playing from the Whites , triple bogey gets them on the card.

Yes the par 5 , 18th is short at 414yds from the Blue , but indexed at a sensible 17 , so gives the chance for all players to walk off feeling pleased with themselves after maybe a 3 pointer , no drama there.

Once played there the 1st time , players will should have a clue where to aim & which club to select in future rounds.  There are plenty of holes at plenty of courses where , at the 1st time of playing , there is no certainty in where you are heading , it is not a situation exclusive to Parichat !

That the poster would not play there "for free" , is to me , more an indication of his lack of budget constraints , and good luck to him for that.  

No idea where you get the idea I play regularly at any single course.  And the subtle jabs about Green Vanilla won't work.  I don't like that course much due to having played it too much.  it is still head and shoulders a better course than Parachit.    And yes, I can afford to play Siam and Burapa and other better courses.  All of which are better courses than Parachit - IMO.  

If money is tight there are better options.  Treasure Hill and Emerald leap to mind.

I posted an honest opinion.  Yours is noted.  

Now, now. No need to get your panties in a wad. Guy disagrees with you and you call him "abusive" ? Disrespectful ?  :rolleyes:

If you were 20 yards over the green you DID make a poor club choice. (<--- is that "abusive" ? If so, sorry).

I assume a "6 marker" is another term for "6 handicap", yes ?

So you're hitting a driver from the blues about 240 to give you 160 (to the middle). You can hit your driver 240 but need a 7 wood, the equivalent of a 3+ iron from 160 ??? Doesn't seem to make sense to me,,,,,,,,,,,,, and apparently not to you either - you seemed to have gotten the results you clubbed for.

And as a 6 handicapper you're not "supposed" to make par on that hole, at least not very easily. But driver + 6 iron doesn't sound all that difficult - I suspect there must be more to the hole,,,,,,,,,,  :Blur:

I assume you haven't played the hole from your last line, so yes, there is more to it. The green sits atop a small cliff, which effectively adds about 20 yards to the second shot, making it play about 180. Without wishing to get into another "debate", a 7 wood is the equivalent of a 5 iron, not a 3 iron. I landed on the front of the green, but due to the trajectory landing on the elevated green, the ball shot through the back. A lesser club would have hit the cliff and careened god knows where. A greater club would have pitched through the back. How can that be poor club selection?

Yes, a 6 marker means 6 handicap where i come from, and for someone who has never seen me play to question my ability in such a manner, yes i do find abusive/disrespectful. if you read back through th posts, i offerred an honest opinion, never questioned the guys right to have his nor made any negative cooments about them, only offered further views. He escalted, i retaliated. If you feel i got my panties in a wad, i apologise wholeheartedly.

Archived