Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ocean view

bongoz

A-One Pattaya Beach Resort

Making moves so i can step beyond the intellectual framework of the present day character structure

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any recommendations of a hotel that has a sea view for less than 1500 baht?

You might want to try the AA Pataya hotel on Soi 13 and Beach Road

Siam @ siam has some great views and is a really cool hotel, its around your price range maybe a little above at 2250-2500pn

Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-23-31-1.png

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

bongoz - 

How long of a trip are we talking about?  

WARNING: FOR THOSE WHO ARE SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING ME POST ADVICE LIKE THIS ABOUT CREDIT CARDS, LOOK AWAY!  55555

If it's fairly short trip, consider signing up for IHG Rewards program, which nets you points that can be used at the Pattaya Holiday Inn.  Then get a Chase IHG Reward credit card, which will get you IHG Platinum status (so upgraded room) and -- more importantly -- 70,000 IHG points after you charge $1,000 in the first 3 months.  That equates to nearly 3 free nights at the Pattaya Holiday Inn.  Since the Holiday Inn can typically be booked on a pre-pay rate of around 3300 baht ($100), use the IHG card to pre-pay for a few nights, then charge everything on it for a month and use the points you accumulate for 3 free nights.

Doing the math, if you're looking at a 8 night trip, pre-pay for 5 nights at around 3300 baht and use points for the other 3 nights, you're net out-of-pocket is 16,500 baht for 8 nights, or right at 2000 baht per night.

As a Platinum member, you're also getting free breakfast every day in their lounge, which is very nice.

The kicker is that using the card to pre-pay for 5 ngihts at around $100 per night would eat up 1/2 of your $1000 minimum spend on its own.  The other $500 could be picked up at the gas station, grocery store, your cell phone bill, etc.

CAVEATS:

- I'm GUESSING on that 3,300 baht per night rate.  I've seen it in that neighborhood with pre-pay, but it could easily be 3500 baht per night (or you may find it for 3000).  Doing the math as above, at 3500/night, it would be 17,500 for the 8 nights or just under 2200 baht per night (which is still well within your budget at around $65/night).

- if your trip is much longer, the reduction for the 3 free nights means less and less, and it would creep back above your budget.

- pre-pay is dangerous if you may have to cancel your trip, as it would all be waived.

Hope that makes some sense.  Feel free to PM me about any questions it may have raised....

Im sure hes looking for an ocean view not a credit card??or did I read it wrong

post-36661-005158100 1283989651.jpgpost-36661-000624400 1283990122.jpg

Baboona Beach has good rooms .

Nice beach in front, try to book the top floor with ocean view .

Small hotel with privacy .

I agree. I stayed at Baboona during my first trip and it was great! The girls really enjoyed chillin on the balcony AND its only 2 streets over to Soi 6!

IMG_1550-M.jpg

My view and balcony from the Sandy Spring, 8th floor..Unfortunately the blue roof in foreground is the site of the new Hooter's

Im sure hes looking for an ocean view not a credit card??or did I read it wrong

yep....and my post explains how the OP may be able to use this credit card "angle" to get an excellent ocean view room (and free breakfast) at the Pattaya Holiday Inn for the "$70 range" (2300 baht) set out in the initial post of this thread

Or did you read it wrong?

No i read it correct,if he was looking to get a room at the married for 70 bucks because he got a credit card that he's spend 1000$ on he would of put that as his title,there's millions of ways to get cheaper rooms because of using cards/being a frequent user etc,ur post is not what the op is asking for,start your own post

No i read it correct,if he was looking to get a room at the married for 70 bucks because he got a credit card that he's spend 1000$ on he would of put that as his title,there's millions of ways to get cheaper rooms because of using cards/being a frequent user etc,ur post is not what the op is asking for,start your own post

Agree to disagree.  Frankly, if it helped the OP (who is US-based and can get this card), great.  If not, oh well; I tried to help.

Thanks for your feedback, though.

One quick sidenote, as a frequent reader of travel blogs, I am compelled to point out that, while there ARE a number of ways to get free nights/cheaper nights with credit cards, there are far from "millions of ways" to do it.

The view from Sandy Spring on the 8th floor is really nice - Thanks

What are the bathrooms like at the baboona ? Thanks

Making moves so i can step beyond the intellectual framework of the present day character structure

- Spa and massage does it have a suana /steam room ?

• 2 weeks later...

a1e9924a2ecca779f14f85b7aeaa7d5f.jpg

Just stayed at sandy spring for a week...pretty awesome for <1800 a night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, the Sandy Spring isn't perfect. But that balcony and view makes up for a lot of the flaws there.

How about a condo with sea view.   Dancewatchers .com    View Talay 6    page 2     Condos 26/1004 and 26/1006  26th floor Walking Street side     1500 baht per night for 1-9 days   ,  10 or more  1300 baht.    Beachroadlover

What are the bathrooms like at the baboona ? Thanks

They are very large and they have the big rain shower heads. 

I'm sure most hotels in Asia have the toilets with the bidets but I had my first experience with one at Baboona. I never realized how disgusting wiping my ass with tissue was until then....TMI.

Anyway, I highly recommend Baboona. The free breakfast could have been a lot better but shit...it was FREE so no real complaint.....They had some pretty hot desk clerks too :) Try it - I'm sure you'll like it.

Did Baboona not introduce a jonier fee some time ago? At least I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

am i overthinking the hotel part here ? I would just like to have a great experience overall, so the hotel seems to be important to me, as that is where i will be entertaining my guests , and spending a considerable amount of time one would think. 

Best Beach Villa

362 Moo 9, Soi 5, Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya

LK Metropole Pattaya

no sea view, but looks good in great location , anyone stay here?

I've stayed at lk metropole loads of times , last stay was May this year. It has gym which is still a draw but I think it's now over priced compared to others around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how about the 

LK Renaissance ? 

Archived