IGNORED

Vegetarian

Just now, Douchebag said:

English is not my language. In my own language, "f.eks." is a normal use.

In English we usually just use this.

Ex: 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know approx what time the place in  Rompho market opens?

18 minutes ago, ex-pat said:

Does anyone know approx what time the place in  Rompho market opens?

10.00-21.00. Wednesdays closed, except when it's buddha day. It's probably the Thai vegetarian restaurant that has the latest closing time. Most, if not all of them close long before the sun goes down.

One more that is not covered in this thread is located in Soi Wat Boon Kanjana IIRC, in Jomtien. Not been there yet, always closed those few times I went past.

3 hours ago, Douchebag said:

English is not my language. In my own language, "f.eks." is a normal use.

i assumed as much from the flag you fly, but i wasn't trying to imply your English was bad or anything of that nature. Truly just interested in the different ways people express themselves, and i hadn't seen that before. I am just very used to see e.g. in English text.

19 hours ago, Douchebag said:

10.00-21.00. Wednesdays closed, except when it's buddha day. It's probably the Thai vegetarian restaurant that has the latest closing time. Most, if not all of them close long before the sun goes down.

One more that is not covered in this thread is located in Soi Wat Boon Kanjana IIRC, in Jomtien. Not been there yet, always closed those few times I went past.

Very true, so many are closed by 5pm, some even close early afternoon, like 2 or 3 pm. 

And it's due to this that I'm not strictly vegetarian, I'm pescatarian, mostly eat vegetarian but do also eat fish, and sometimes shrimp. But haven't eaten any meat for a very long time now.

I would prefer to be strictly vegetarian but just found it too bothersome trying to find vegetarian food at night, so pescatarian will suffice for now. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

22 hours ago, jordanreleigh said:

completely unrelated to the content of your post, but is f.ex a normal use in your circles? (i assume it means for example, correct me if i'm wrong) not a criticism, or anything, i've just never seen (or noticed maybe?) it's use before and was just wondering. 

Yup for cool kids too lazy to type out eg. 

• 3 months later...

Last trip went to Saras several times, they do serve some vegan options but not a whole lot (but all food is vegetarian).

The service was great and the food was also very tasty, best Indian food I've had in Pattaya.

On top floor food court of Royal Garden Plaza as mentioned.

IMG_20170625_135758805.thumb.jpg.39bb3e6ed2a5cfe47a26778893be24b8.jpgIMG_20170628_131551515.thumb.jpg.7bd2a3d48a9e8b3d558cb14a2a78efc4.jpgIMG_20170628_131033753.thumb.jpg.444e15b170d633ff17ee31d807dde043.jpg

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 1 month later...

This is a vermicelli with veggie abalone they sell in Family Mart stores. A cheap, quick, and tasty snack option for when you don't want to sit in a restaurant.

IMG_20170627_222308978.jpg

IMG_20170627_222317637.jpg

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

A lot of these places have mostly textured vegetable protein (fake meat) made from soy. I don't find it delicious or tasty. There's also some question about how nutritious it is. A good Indian restaurant is best. There are so many Indian vegetarian foods from paneer (dairy) to various dal dishes (split peas, etc. - technically pulses, I believe) and Indians know how to make 'em tasty! Then there's the variety of breads to choose from: chapati, parathi, roti, etc. What with the sub-categories, there's dozens of them.

Most Indian restaurant have delicious food, but healthy not do much. Loaded with oil and salt. Don't overdo it on Indian is my advice!! Thai Jay food like Some Tom or Pad Thai is much healthier!!!

4 hours ago, MikeOnThai said:
On 5/12/2017 at 21:54, ex-pat said:
A lot of these places have mostly textured vegetable protein (fake meat) made from soy. I don't find it delicious or tasty. There's also some question about how nutritious it is. A good Indian restaurant is best. There are so many Indian vegetarian foods from paneer (dairy) to various dal dishes (split peas, etc. - technically pulses, I believe) and Indians know how to make 'em tasty! Then there's the variety of breads to choose from: chapati, parathi, roti, etc. What with the sub-categories, there's dozens of them.

Most Indian restaurant have delicious food, but healthy not do much. Loaded with oil and salt. Don't overdo it on Indian is my advice!! Thai Jay food like Some Tom or Pad Thai is much healthier!!!

Do ever actually eat vegetarian Indian food? The Indian vegetarian food I eat has virtually no oil at all. It might have a little ghee, which is clarified butter. Chapattis, which are not fried so no oil unless a bit is used in preparation, a couple of kinds of dal, rice, paneer (cheese), raita (yogurt) plus maybe some other veggie dishes. The exception might be if I ordered some kind of deep fried pakora or other appetizer. Also they don't load up their food with sugar like Thais do. 

Pad Thai, OTOH, has a substantial amount of oil. I guess you can order it vegetarian. If you don't specifyI think you will get shrimp by default - could be wrong about that tho.

Som tam - no thanks. Not nutritious, and I can't stand the smell.

Do ever actually eat vegetarian Indian food? The Indian vegetarian food I eat has virtually no oil at all. It might have a little ghee, which is clarified butter. Chapattis, which are not fried so no oil unless a bit is used in preparation, a couple of kinds of dal, rice, paneer (cheese), raita (yogurt) plus maybe some other veggie dishes. The exception might be if I ordered some kind of deep fried pakora or other appetizer. Also they don't load up their food with sugar like Thais do. 
Pad Thai, OTOH, has a substantial amount of oil. I guess you can order it vegetarian. If you don't specifyI think you will get shrimp by default - could be wrong about that tho.
Som tam - no thanks. Not nutritious, and I can't stand the smell.
Yes, I eat Indian food often, and usually is loaded with oil. Much more than Thai food in my experience. [emoji3]

Just now, MikeOnThai said:

Yes, I eat Indian food often, and usually is loaded with oil. Much more than Thai food in my experience. emoji3.png

But do you eat vegetarian Indian food? Their chicken dishes, etc., I agree, have a lot. 

But do you eat vegetarian Indian food? Their chicken dishes, etc., I agree, have a lot. 
Yes, I eat Vegetarian food a lot, including Indian. Of course it depends what you order, but I find a lot of it is dripping in oils. http://m.huffingtonpost.in/2016/09/27/12-super-unhealthy-indian-food-staples-that-need-to-be-replaced_a_21479950/

Archived