Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Vegetarian

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 3:57 PM, B-Man said:

Pattaya Tai and 3rd rd. It says in Thai that it is Je which means vegan

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 4:17 PM, Douchebag said:

Could you specify a little more where this place is please?

It really just at the crossing South & 3rd Roads. See pic below.

Lot of types of food, not only Indian.

They have a website: www.fivestarj.com with big part of their menu :)

fivestarj.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

4 hours ago, just hanging said:

I know of about 6, all serve meat, cept this one

I mean, do you know about any Indian restaurants in town that doesn't at least have a selection of veggie food?

52 minutes ago, Douchebag said:

I mean, do you know about any Indian restaurants in town that doesn't at least have a selection of veggie food?

of course not but this one specializes in veg only and looked great     hate to tell you but places that serve me sometimes it spills over in sauces etc.  so if you are really really strict then

On 12/05/2017 at 5:32 AM, QuotaMan said:

I am going to try vegan style diet now as my blood lipid readings are terrible and have a family history of heart disease.

It's good to know there are vegan/veggie options in Pattaya.

https://www.happycow.net/asia/thailand/pattaya/

A few years back I had been doing weights for a few years.

my diet consisted of meat, meat meat, chicken, fish etc.

anyways , I wanted to give the body a break. I had read about the " whole food plant based diet"

i did it for four months but had to stop as I lost to much weight.

i will say that I never felt as good in my life. All my aches and strains disappeared .

On 5/13/2017 at 13:13, Oukiva said:

It really just at the crossing South & 3rd Roads. See pic below.

Lot of types of food, not only Indian.

They have a website: www.fivestarj.com with big part of their menu :)

fivestarj.jpg

yes my recommendation but it is thai/asian and farang not any indian.

If the OP read some other post first he would have seen or even looked online he would have found out that it is number 3 in rating for all the restaurants in pattaya https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurants-g293919-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html.and there are others wow look what you can find if you do a seacch your self.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:47 AM, westie1 said:

A few years back I had been doing weights for a few years.

my diet consisted of meat, meat meat, chicken, fish etc.

anyways , I wanted to give the body a break. I had read about the " whole food plant based diet"

i did it for four months but had to stop as I lost to much weight.

i will say that I never felt as good in my life. All my aches and strains disappeared .

I think that's one of the things you have to be careful on a plant based diet. You actually have to make sure you eat enough calories.

So far I haven't experienced that and I am maintaining my weight.

Anyways in terms of restaurants, Pattaya seems to have many good veggie options even in places that aren't necessarily vegetarian/vegan. For example I think ramen is vegan and there's multiple places that serve it in Central Festival. Same with veggie sushi.

And many stores such as the one in Central Festival downstairs have veggie foods.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293919-zfz10697-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

https://veganuary.com/eating-out/indian-cuisine/

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Ask for อาหารเจ aahaan jay which virtually Identical in meaning Vegan food or อาหารมังสะวิรัติ aahaan mangsawirat which is harder to say but a more accurate term for vegetarian food. Alternatively you can just say กินเจ kin jay or กินมังสะวิรัติ kin mangsawirat at virtually any Thai restaurant and see if they can help. I used to have a good friend who was vegetarian and he never had many problems.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I eat often at a few vegetarian restaurants in Pattaya. Already mentioned in this thread is the 5-Star on the corner of 3rd road & Pattaya Tai. It's the most expensive vegi restaurant and has lots of fancy things that don't really appeal to me. Plus farang style vegetarian (spaghetti, pizzas, burgers), which again don't really appeal to me. Nor does the Indian vegetarian food, which I personally find too spicy & oily & heavy (especially if eaten early in the day). I like the Thai/Chinese style vegetarian, which can be found at the following places:

My favorite is Pattaya Vegetarian No 1 on 3rd road between Pattaya Klang & Pattaya Nua. They don't have any pre-prepared food, everything is freshly made as ordered. Great fresh tasty food and very cheap. I love this restaurant.

m_Untitled1-1.jpg

Another pretty good one is Thammachat Vegetarian, on Paniadchang Road between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua. Everything except the noodle soups is pre-prepared so is very fast service. They also have a small vegetarian supermarket.

m_Untitled2-1.jpg

And there is another branch of Thammachat Vegetarian situated down in the Na Klua market in a soi off the Pattaya-Na Klua Road and operated by the same family. They have the vegetarian satay, which is worth the long drive alone.

m_Untitled3-1.jpg

The people who operated the old 5-Star for donkey's years before selling to the current owners relocated to a large shop on Sukhumvit just past Makro. They had very good food, both pre-prepared and freshly cooked from the menu, but their location was bad and they have now gone out of business.

There are a few other smaller vegetarian restaurants around. I've seen a couple around Jomtien and at least one on the dark side. But 5-Star, No 1 & the 2 branches of Thammachat are by far the best in my opinion. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I find it difficult to find oil free veggie food in Thailand. Next time I return I will get a room with a microwave so I can cook all my own meals. The best diet for reversing heart disease is the mcdougall diet by dr mcdougall. It's completely free. Just go to: Drmcdougall.com
Or search "the starch solution" on YouTube if you don't like reading.
It will change your life.
Just remember that the pills make you a patient for life, but you will never be cured. They mask the systems and never address the problem...which is a bad diet that is slowly killing you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, Douchebag said:

Some veggie food at Rompho market. A dish including water and rice is about 100 baht.

IMG_20170415_182846_1.jpg

DSC_0031.JPGDSC_0036_1.JPGDSC_0024_1.JPGDSC_0070_1.JPG

that look like the new vegetarian/vegan restaurant in rompho market in 

jomtien call JNA vegetarian..food is excellent and prices are cheap.

its a little bit past the old marcos italian place.

37 minutes ago, seal said:

that look like the new vegetarian/vegan restaurant in rompho market in 

jomtien call JNA vegetarian..food is excellent and prices are cheap.

its a little bit past the old marcos italian place.

I'm not familiar with Rompho market but will have a look soon, some of that vegi food looks good.

58 minutes ago, yoyohat said:

I find it difficult to find oil free veggie food in Thailand. Next time I return I will get a room with a microwave so I can cook all my own meals. The best diet for reversing heart disease is the mcdougall diet by dr mcdougall. It's completely free. Just go to: Drmcdougall.com
Or search "the starch solution" on YouTube if you don't like reading.
It will change your life.
Just remember that the pills make you a patient for life, but you will never be cured. They mask the systems and never address the problem...which is a bad diet that is slowly killing you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true, this is a problem, sometimes the food is swimming in oil. This is one reason why I really like the No 1 vegi restaurant - and the 5-star - that prepare your meals fresh as you order from the menu. I always tell them to use the oil sparingly...the absolute bare minimum needed to cook the food, and that takes care of the excessive oil problem. But generally we eat at home, my TGF makes our food and cooks with a little olive oil.

sly fox

can yoy pin point no 1 and the 2 branches of Thammachat on google maps  please

thanks

There's another one I eat at often. Krua Jae (Vegetarian Kitchen) it's just off Thep Prasit Road in soi 10. This one was previously situated next to the blind massage center on 3rd road just before the big flyover that goes to Bali Hai pier. They relocated to Thep Prasit Road soi 10 about a year ago. They have pre-prepared Thai/Chinese gaengs, which tend to be a bit too oily for my tastes. Sometimes they have larp, which is excellent. And their noodle soups are very good.

m_IMG_20170520_085011-1.jpg

m_IMG_20170520_085138-1.jpg

Rompho Market. Checked this out yesterday. I've driven past this market countless times but had no idea there were so many bars and restaurants at the rear of the actual market. Anyway, the vegetarian restaurant at Rompho is the newest location of JNA vegetarian, run by the people who originally operated 5-Star, then relocated to Sukhumvit Road, just past Makro. Business was bad way out of town on Sukhumvit Road, so they have moved to this new location. But they are still tucked away out of sight in a poor location. They won't get any walk-bys where there are now, and I can't see them getting much business from the punters in the numerous bars surrounding them. So unfortunately, I predict they won't last very long in this newest location.

On 5/16/2017 at 2:17 PM, meno said:

sly fox

can yoy pin point no 1 and the 2 branches of Thammachat on google maps  please

thanks

Meno FYI:

Thammachart 1: If coming from Pattaya Klang, turn into Paniadchang Road, which runs off Pattaya Klang road next to Big C Extra, and just keep following that road heading in the direction of Pattaya Nua road. You'll pass the big Catholic school/orphanage on your right then come to a crossroads, keep going and you'll see Thammachart 1 on your left.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thammachart 2: This is off the Pattaya-Na Klua Road just before the big Na Klua Lan Pho seafood & fresh food market. It's a bit hard to find. You have to stay on the Pattaya - Na Klua Road until just before reaching the market, then turn right into a small soi and Thammachart 2 is a few meters up the soi on the right.

Untitled2-1.jpg

All you people who like vegetarian food in Thailand, this is the sign that all vegetarian restaurants use: Red lettering on yellow background that reads JAE (vegetarian food) Even if you can't read any Thai just remember what this sign looks like - a number 1 and an F reversed.

m_IMG_20170520_085011-2.jpg

49 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Rompho Market. Checked this out yesterday. I've driven past this market countless times but had no idea there were so many bars and restaurants at the rear of the actual market. Anyway, the vegetarian restaurant at Rompho is the newest location of JNA vegetarian, run by the people who originally operated 5-Star, then relocated to Sukhumvit Road, just past Makro. Business was bad way out of town on Sukhumvit Road, so they have moved to this new location. But they are still tucked away out of sight in a poor location. They won't get any walk-bys where there are now, and I can't see them getting much business from the punters in the numerous bars surrounding them. So unfortunately, I predict they won't last very long in this newest location.

most veg places have bad locations.

i read your location review but wheres your food review of the place.

On 2015-5-17 at 5:43 PM, Douchebag said:

f.ex. "chicken and rice without chicken".

completely unrelated to the content of your post, but is f.ex a normal use in your circles? (i assume it means for example, correct me if i'm wrong) not a criticism, or anything, i've just never seen (or noticed maybe?) it's use before and was just wondering. 

2 hours ago, Douchebag said:

There is also one in Sukhumvit soi 53 I think it was. Never tried it yet.

OK, that's soi Noen Plubwan, I know that vegi restaurant and ate there once about a year ago. Can't remember much about it and haven't been back as it's too far from me. I live in Sth Pattaya and rarely go over the dark side.

1 hour ago, jordanreleigh said:

completely unrelated to the content of your post, but is f.ex a normal use in your circles? (i assume it means for example, correct me if i'm wrong) not a criticism, or anything, i've just never seen (or noticed maybe?) it's use before and was just wondering. 

English is not my language. In my own language, "f.eks." is a normal use.

3 hours ago, seal said:

most veg places have bad locations.

i read your location review but wheres your food review of the place.

Well, all I'm doing is trying to be helpful and give the locations of the vegi restaurants I know. Didn't realize that "food reviews" were expected of me. But in regards to JNA I did say above "They had very good food, both pre-prepared and freshly cooked from the menu..." 

I haven't eaten at this restaurant since they moved to Rumpho market but ate numerous times at their previous 2 locations. They have excellent food, especially if you order off the menu. 

I hope they do well but feel that they are just too tucked away. 

Archived