IGNORED

best Fish and Chips?

You're wrong, the Hooters version of FishnChips is a cod fillet, chips are curly fries.

It was good, and the grilled Mahi better.

I see the curly things in the menu photo, but the 4 bits of "fish" don't resemble a cod fillet to me.

Surprised if it's Cod they just call it "fish".

So how much?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the curly things in the menu photo, but the 4 bits of "fish" don't resemble a cod fillet to me.

So how much?

Here is a PDF of one page of the menu. It is cod and it is pricey by Pattaya standards but it sure tasted like cod. The mahi was a little less expensive and a better dish in my view.

HootMenu.pdf

So how much?

Lol an Amercian food chain serving up cod extremely unlikely

Here is a PDF of one page of the menu. It is cod and it is pricey by Pattaya standards but it sure tasted like cod. The mahi was a little less expensive and a better dish in my view.

attachicon.gifHootMenu.pdf

I can't even see any F&C on that Menu.

I took the photo I posted from their Pattaya website.  http://www.hooterspattaya.com/menu.php

I think I'll wait to see if someone tries it, but as yet it's just an unknown to me.

What about the hooters?

I can't even see any F&C on that Menu.

I took the photo I posted from their Pattaya website.  http://www.hooterspattaya.com/menu.php

I think I'll wait to see if someone tries it, but as yet it's just an unknown to me.

What about the hooters?

Your first trip should be to an Optician, it's there and I have had both the FnC and the Mahi. I just thought the Mahi was better.

Plenty of Hooters but the bigger ones are often the Moobs on some of the Customers.

I keep going back to Everdays Friday for their Fish and Mash combo... great food for value.

Your first trip should be to an Optician, it's there and I have had both the FnC and the Mahi. I just thought the Mahi was better.

Plenty of Hooters but the bigger ones are often the Moobs on some of the Customers.

OK, put my specs on and eventually found it, reason being it's listed in the Entrees, whereas on the website it's listed as a Main in the Seafood dishes.

It's the same photo showing 4 slivers of fish, but calling it a whole Cod Fillet this time.

Entree or Main, at 530 Baht I'll leave it to someone else to say whether they think it's the 'Best Fish & Chips'.

attachicon.gifHootMenu.pdf

I will skip the cod & chips at 530 baht but I will maybe try the mahi mahi and one of their huge burgers soon

I will skip the cod & chips at 530 baht but I will maybe try the mahi mahi and one of their huge burgers soon

The Mahi was excellent. I didn't have any of the burgers but they didn't look that great when they came out to others that had ordered them. Perhaps there is a learning curve.

Stay away from the moobs though.

So the same day I was there.

I think you can see from my photos in post 178 above that you were indeed just unlucky - the batter couldn't have been any thinner and the fish was certainly properly cooked.

Wish I had taken a picture, was there somewhere between 1 and 2pm, not trying to diss the place, under cooked fish did it for me

The burger a friend of mine had at the Hooters in Bangkok was not what I would call big by any means it was nice though

Sent from my LG g3

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

The burger a friend of mine had at the Hooters in Bangkok was not what I would call big by any means it was nice though

Sent from my LG g3

They list them on the menu as 1/2 lb burgers. Maybe in BK they are not.

Please do report back, Pheat.

Was a fan of JF myself, and haven't been there because of 'those' issues.

Thanks.........

Went in JF last night

Ordered the large cod and mash,mushy peas

Washed down with a SM

Total cost 420 Baht

The fish portion was massive

And cooked very well with a light batter

JF is back to their best in my opinion

Beats the pants off the cod offering at Frydays

Went in JF last night

Washed down with a SM

Total cost 420 Baht

I couldn't remember the cost of mine, but I thought I got 120 back after leaving 31 Baht tip i.e. 349 Baht.

I had the same food, just water instead of SML - can you remember the basic cost of the Large Cod & Chips/Mash?

Anyway, pleased to hear that you had the same experience as me.

I just read Evil's report on Hooters food and it won't be me who tries their 530 Baht Cod & Chips.

In defence (if needed) of Frydays, if the topic title was 'Best Value F&C' I'd still put them up there, but for simply the best, JF has a very clear lead IMO.

If I remember correctly large cod and chips was 299 baht (300g), medium was 219 baht (200g)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly large cod and chips was 299 baht (300g), medium was 219 baht (200g)

That's what I thought, but 299 + 50(?) for Mushy Peas = .....ah OK, 70 for the SML I guess.

BTW - the only way I know to get the result you experienced would be if they were caught out with no Medium size thawed out and they fried one from solid frozen.

You can get away with that with those slivers of Pangasius (bad idea due to water retention) but for a chunky Cod portion it's not on.

Cod shouldn't be over cooked but neither should it be raw. If that happened to me it would be straight back to the kitchen.

That's what I thought, but 299 + 50(?) for Mushy Peas = .....ah OK, 70 for the SML I guess.

BTW - the only way I know to get the result you experienced would be if they were caught out with no Medium size thawed out and they fried one from solid frozen.

You can get away with that with those slivers of Pangasius (bad idea due to water retention) but for a chunky Cod portion it's not on.

Cod shouldn't be over cooked but neither should it be raw. If that happened to me it would be straight back to the kitchen.

Yeah that would make sense with what I got, maybe I should have complained, never mind better luck next time ☺

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Went in JF last night

Washed down with a SM

Total cost 420 Baht

Thanks Pheat.

That was prompt, appreciate it.

Good report, sure to visit Jk in Feb.

Best Wishes.

MSR

Thanks Pheat.

That was prompt, appreciate it.

Good report, sure to visit Jk in Feb.

Best Wishes.

MSR

Sorry, meant JF, (not Jk)

I couldn't remember the cost of mine, but I thought I got 120 back after leaving 31 Baht tip i.e. 349 Baht.

I had the same food, just water instead of SML - can you remember the basic cost of the Large Cod & Chips/Mash?

Anyway, pleased to hear that you had the same experience as me.

I just read Evil's report on Hooters food and it won't be me who tries their 530 Baht Cod & Chips.

In defence (if needed) of Frydays, if the topic title was 'Best Value F&C' I'd still put them up there, but for simply the best, JF has a very clear lead IMO.

Large cod was 250 Baht

Can't remember the prices of the other items

Is there a new owner at JF?

Don't think so, but new staff out front (to me anyway) and I hadn't seen the cook before either (big girl :WinkGrin1: )..

uploadfromtaptalk1452843915406.jpg

Today's lunch Dory and chips 99 baht for striderman and I had the Calamari and chips and onion rings 145 baht hard to beat value for money at Everyday is Fryday

Sent from my LG g3

uploadfromtaptalk1452843882968.jpg

babydollsaddict.gif

was nice i even got hold of 2 of those pieces of calamari, i might try that next visit

was nice i even got hold of 2 of those pieces of calamari, i might try that next visit

I wondered where they went [emoji34]

Sent from my LG g3

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived