IGNORED

Female Genital Mutilation resurgence in Southern Thailand

Please read the Middle East Quarterly article.

"But the problem is not only that autocratic regimes tend to suppress the truth. There also must be someone in place to conduct surveys. Prior to Iraq's liberation, it was impossible to undertake independent surveys on issues such as malnutrition and infant mortality. Saddam Hussein's regime preferred to supply data to the U.N. rather than to enable others to collect their own data which might not support the conclusions the Baathist regime desired to show."

"The discovery of widespread FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan suggests the assumption to be incorrect that FGM is primarily an African phenomenon with only marginal occurrence in the eastern Islamic world. If FGM is practiced at a rate of nearly 60 percent by Iraqi Kurds, then how prevalent is the practice in neighboring Syria where living conditions and cultural and religious practices are comparable?"

"Taboo—not social but political—is another factor undercutting research on FGM in Arab countries. Many academics and NGO workers in the region find it objectionable to criticize the predominant Muslim or Arab cultures."

"Conclusions

There are indications that FGM might be a phenomenon of epidemic proportions in the Arab Middle East."

I just read the entire article and it corroborates 100% what I said...I must confess that I am surprised my self as I had just used common sense and guessed.

There is no substantiated link with Islam other than a prevalence in Egypt, (which is North Africa, sorry but you are American so thought I better point that out) even though the problem in Egypt transcends religion and is deep seeded in culture even before Islam, A point that the anti Islamist like to ignore.

It's a difficult argument to make because the spirit of your argument is correct, but the reasoning behind it is wrong and is just serving a completely different agenda whether you realise it or not.

I personally do not agree with Islam and feel it is "out of date" and is inherently ignorant. But I don't believe it is inherently evil as many Americans would try and have us believe.

There is no shame in waking up to propaganda that your media spews out, in the UK we love calling our government out, I just wish we were as good at it as the French are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the entire article and it corroborates 100% what I said...I must confess that I am surprised my self as I had just used common sense and guessed.

There is no substantiated link with Islam other than a prevalence in Egypt, (which is North Africa, sorry but you are American so thought I better point that out) even though the problem in Egypt transcends religion and is deep seeded in culture even before Islam, A point that the anti Islamist like to ignore. Edited although there are other reports than this one that substantiate in other countries but not all.

It's a difficult argument to make because the spirit of your argument is correct, but the reasoning behind it is wrong and is just serving a completely different agenda whether you realise it or not.

It is the USA that has systematically destroyed secular govternmemts in Africa and the Middle East allowing extremist rule...considering you hate them so much why is your govt putting them in power.

I personally do not agree with Islam and feel it is "out of date" and is inherently ignorant. But I don't believe it is inherently evil as many Americans would try and have us believe.

There is no shame in waking up to propaganda that your media spews out, in the UK we love calling our government out, I just wish we were as good at it as the French are.

• 4 weeks later...

Dogs have more smarts than the animals that do this crap!

Yep, and smarter than the one trick pony Eastboi who sees W lurking behind every tree, and the guy who had to repeat classes.

Thailand ought to pack up anyone and any village doing this shit and send them across the border to Malaysia. Israeli style, booyah.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Archived