IGNORED

Female Genital Mutilation resurgence in Southern Thailand

Article from Al-Jazeera:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2015/03/female-genital-cutting-thailand-south-150309083458995.htm

FGM is a rising cultural practice in southern Thailand and, with little regulation, concerns are at an all-time high.

Tala, Thailand- "Just a little," Dr. Patimoh Usana says, pinching the tip of her finger showing how she cuts the clitorises of small girls.

"You must peel a banana before you can eat it," Abu-Bakr says, "and for women it will reduce their wildness, making them clean and strong."

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article from Al-Jazeera:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2015/03/female-genital-cutting-thailand-south-150309083458995.htm

FGM is a rising cultural practice in southern Thailand and, with little regulation, concerns are at an all-time high.

Tala, Thailand- "Just a little," Dr. Patimoh Usana says, pinching the tip of her finger showing how she cuts the clitorises of small girls.

"You must peel a banana before you can eat it," Abu-Bakr says, "and for women it will reduce their wildness, making them clean and strong."

Similar reasons are given for male circumcision. This should be stopped across the board for both genders and they can decide when they are of age.

Practice should be stamped out.

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

The 'lady doctor' got more hair on her arms than i have ... 

Have they removed the article or has the Ministry of Truth been at work? I'm getting a page can't be found message on the Al-Jazeera page that loads.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Have they removed the article or has the Ministry of Truth been at work? I'm getting a page can't be found message on the Al-Jazeera page that loads.

Yes it seems to have changed.  Here is  the new link:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2015/03/female-genital-cutting-thailand-south-150309083458995.html

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

• 3 months later...

Muslims doing what they do, oppress, suppress and abuse until conformance is obtained - figuratively and literally cutting off heads to cure headaches.

Sad.

Not that male circumcision is any better - thankfully I'm not cut.  And at least females still have their g-spot.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Not that male circumcision is any better - thankfully I'm not cut.  And at least females still have their g-spot.

Oh thats alright then.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

Oh thats alright then.

Huh - selective quoting there buddy, read my entire post again, tell me where exactly I endorse FGM?    :Think1:

I read your entire post. The first bit was generalising a few billion people. The last bit was no clit? well "at least" you got your g-spot.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

hmm... some girls have their their clit buried deep under skin, maybe it could help to cut some skin away and why not a piercing to pull it out further, so they can always be horny, 555

Never had an issue with a tg not being clean and strong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read your entire post. The first bit was generalising a few billion people. The last bit was no clit? well "at least" you got your g-spot.

Let's try again, shall we?

I wrote:

"Muslims doing what they do, oppress, suppress and abuse until conformance is obtained - figuratively and literally cutting off heads to cure headaches.

Sad.

Not that male circumcision is any better - thankfully I'm not cut.  And at least females still have their g-spot."

Not a ringing endorsement of FGM now, is it? 

Your "no clit" comment suggests you need at least reading glasses.  Maybe you confused it with my "not cut" line - the letters line up in a similar fashion...   :Think1:

Generalizing a few billion people?  I think there are around 1.7 or so billion of them at the moment, but definitely coming to a location near you soon.  And they have a penchant for stirring up trouble when they exceed around 10% of the population in an area.  Keep ignoring that fact at your peril.

So far, you smell like a typical European apologist.  Hope you're not.

Let's try again, shall we?

I wrote:

"Muslims doing what they do, oppress, suppress and abuse until conformance is obtained - figuratively and literally cutting off heads to cure headaches.

Sad.

Not that male circumcision is any better - thankfully I'm not cut.  And at least females still have their g-spot."

Not a ringing endorsement of FGM now, is it? 

Your "no clit" comment suggests you need at least reading glasses.  Maybe you confused it with my "not cut" line - the letters line up in a similar fashion...   :Think1:

Generalizing a few billion people?  I think there are around 1.7 or so billion of them at the moment, but definitely coming to a location near you soon.  And they have a penchant for stirring up trouble when they exceed around 10% of the population in an area.  Keep ignoring that fact at your peril.

So far, you smell like a typical European apologist.  Hope you're not.

At it again slowguy :)

If we judged all Americans by the actions of their government and military around the world we'd be guilty of the same shortsightedness you display on this issue.

We also have many Christians in Eritrea engaging in FGM, but it's ok we'll stick to judging all Muslims as usual.

Any chance you might be an apologist for western crimes, it's the first step to being a balanced individual. :)

I never said you endorsed FGM. You saying "at least females still have their g-spot" implies that well, its not that bad.

BTW, what does a typical European apologist smell like? I don't tar an entire group of people from the actions of some religious fanatics.

At it again slowguy :)

If we judged all Americans by the actions of their government and military around the world we'd be guilty of the same shortsightedness you display on this issue.

We also have many Christians in Eritrea engaging in FGM, but it's ok we'll stick to judging all Muslims as usual.

Any chance you might be an apologist for western crimes, it's the first step to being a balanced individual. :)

What - how did you flip this into something about the USA?  Is "W" somehow involved too?

Last I checked, this is purely a Muslim issue - can you point to any statistics that show any significant instances of this being done by followers of any other religion?

I never said you endorsed FGM. You saying "at least females still have their g-spot" implies that well, its not that bad.

BTW, what does a typical European apologist smell like? I don't tar an entire group of people from the actions of some religious fanatics.

Selective quote buddy - it's fucking bad - have you seen pictures of these cut up pussies?  Fuck you. 

The only REASONABLE inferral from my comment (taken in actual context) is that females at least have some hope from reconstructive surgery as their g-spot can deliver full orgasms.  Circumcised males have no such "backup" plan.

Europeans have a strong tendency to excuse any bad behavior by Muslims - for some reason - maybe the old "hate the Jews" issue that Europeans never seem to get past.  And I have a European passport too, so I know what's what over there, and it stinks.

Here's a picture of FGM - taken prior to reconstructive surgery:

FGM-pre-op-photo.jpg

Only savages do that - too bad that you can't bring yourself to use those words.

(Mods: considering the medical nature of this thread - and the clearly non-sexual nature of this image - hope this is OK - delete image if not)

There is an obvious problem with this , but some countries have done a lot more than other to demonize Muslims, you could equally call out some Christian groups for being quite unbalanced but that never gets any mainstream media attention. Their are a lot of Muslims around the world so they simply can't be all bad else they would have destroyed us Christians by now.

It seems that once again the religious fanatics are making decisions for their followers.  Would it not be best for the person undergoing this to be able to choose themselves, when they are old enough?  Or is that being too Democratic by letting the person have a choice, which does not seem to be the normal method of these head cases.

Selective quote buddy - it's fucking bad - have you seen pictures of these cut up pussies?  Fuck you. 

The only REASONABLE inferral from my comment (taken in actual context) is that females at least have some hope from reconstructive surgery as their g-spot can deliver full orgasms.  Circumcised males have no such "backup" plan.

Europeans have a strong tendency to excuse any bad behavior by Muslims - for some reason - maybe the old "hate the Jews" issue that Europeans never seem to get past.  And I have a European passport too, so I know what's what over there, and it stinks.

1. resorting to personal abuse - you lose.

2. Back up plan? Circumcised males have their foreskin removed and are still capable ot sexual intercourse and receiving pleasure from said as many Jews, Muslims and members of this forum can attest to.

3. Once again resorting to generalising a whole diverse group of people. You possessing a European passport gives you the knowledge of what all Europeans think? Wow.

There is an obvious problem with this , but some countries have done a lot more than other to demonize Muslims, you could equally call out some Christian groups for being quite unbalanced but that never gets any mainstream media attention. Their are a lot of Muslims around the world so they simply can't be all bad else they would have destroyed us Christians by now.

Here we go - so this is Christians' fault.... "you could equally call out Christians" - and "that never gets any mainstream media attention" - jeez Louise, you're too much. 

Do note that I'm agnostic, so this is a spectator sport to me, but if there's anything mainstream media does, it's drawing full attention to anything stupid Christians do.

Let's stay on the FGM topic shall we?

Here we go - so this is Christians' fault.... "you could equally call out Christians" - and "that never gets any mainstream media attention" - jeez Louise, you're too much.

Do note that I'm agnostic, so this is a spectator sport to me, but if there's anything mainstream media does, it's drawing full attention to anything stupid Christians do.

Let's stay on the FGM topic shall we?

I didn't say that - if I had it would have obviously been stupid.

1. resorting to personal abuse - you lose.

2. Back up plan? Circumcised males have their foreskin removed and are still capable ot sexual intercourse and receiving pleasure from said as many Jews, Muslims and members of this forum can attest to.

3. Once again resorting to generalising a whole diverse group of people. You possessing a European passport gives you the knowledge of what all Europeans think? Wow.

Keep quoting out of context, you're clearly beyond reason.

Read up on the negative results of male circumcision - maybe you're cut so you don't know better.  Clearly not as bad as FGM, but as we have seen with post-op LBs, surgery can work miracles.

Diverse group?  Statistics say otherwise.  Once you get to Sharia, it looks pretty much the same everywhere.

I didn't say that - if I had it would have obviously been stupid.

Do explain the "you could equally call out Christians" comment then.

And don't go back a thousand years in time please.  Stay in the present.

Do explain the "you could equally call out Christians" comment then.

And don't go back a thousand years in time please. Stay in the present.

In Africa last year there was an article about war crimes being committed predominately by Christian groups - it was reported by the UN - it including everything from mutilations to ethnic cleanising.

Go back to the Balkans conflict in the 90's the Christian groups were responsible for the Bosnian genocide.

Then there has almost been almost constant news about peado Catholic priests and concerns that it was endemic..

Then you have countless numbers of Christian cults.

I was simply saying that it isn't fair to say Muslims are universally bad and was saying that some countries are more balanced than others in their coverage of multiculturalism.

Let's keep it on topic as you suggested.

Archived