Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Female Genital Mutilation resurgence in Southern Thailand

What - how did you flip this into something about the USA?  Is "W" somehow involved too?

Last I checked, this is purely a Muslim issue - can you point to any statistics that show any significant instances of this being done by followers of any other religion?

Seems you're the one not reading correctly now. Check my post you responded to where I said

"We also have many Christians in Eritrea engaging in FGM, but it's ok we'll stick to judging all Muslims as usual."

http://www.refworld.org/docid/46d5787632.html

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/oct/02/reza-aslan/fact-checking-reza-aslans-retort-bill-maher/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Africa last year there was an article about war crimes being committed predominately by Christian groups - it was reported by the UN - it including everything from mutilations to ethnic cleanising.

Go back to the Balkans conflict in the 90's the Christian groups were responsible for the Bosnian genocide.

Then there has almost been almost constant news about peado Catholic priests and concerns that it was endemic..

Then you have countless numbers of Christian cults.

I was simply saying that it isn't fair to say Muslims are universally bad and was saying that some countries are more balanced than others in their coverage of multiculturalism.

Let's keep it on topic as you suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't exactly stack up "equally" to FGM and ISIS, Sharia etc now does it?

I'll rest my case.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Seems you're the one not reading correctly now. Check my post you responded to where I said

"We also have many Christians in Eritrea engaging in FGM, but it's ok we'll stick to judging all Muslims as usual."

http://www.refworld.org/docid/46d5787632.html

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/oct/02/reza-aslan/fact-checking-reza-aslans-retort-bill-maher/

I think you just argued successfully against your own position that this doesn't get mainstream media attention...

I'll rest my case.

You really are clueless. What the Serbs did to the Muslims in Bosnia would put them alongside IS.

I bet you were online complaining about the brutality of Serbian Orthodox Christians.

As always one judgement for the crimes of one, and another for the "enemy"

I think you just argued successfully against your own position that this doesn't get mainstream media attention...

What did I say about mainstream media attention????

I'll rest my case.[/

I think it eclipses the issues you raise - just look at the numbers.

Isis are a relatively small group of extremists which have taken advantage of the geopolitical situation. Saudi Arabia and other allies probably behead and amputate more limbs than Isis. But once again this doesn't get coverage. It's funny how Isis were flavour of the month when the USA thought they were going to kick out Assad. How things change.

As for sharia - if you would like a proper debate about it start a thread.

I much prefer debating bargirls with you though :-)

You really are clueless. What the Serbs did to the Muslims in Bosnia would put them alongside IS.

I bet you were online complaining about the brutality of Serbian Orthodox Christians.

As always one judgement for the crimes of one, and another for the "enemy"

What did I say about mainstream media attention????

Look, you can't compare opportunistic madness (the Serbs in Bosnia - besides, note that Muslims were involved in that issue too, and the region's thousands of years of internal strife) with the systematic and unapologetic madness invoked daily by the Sharia team.

About the MSM comment - sorry, mistook you for the other guy, who wrote "that never gets any mainstream media attention" - your opinions blend, and it was on the previous page so I couldn't double-check as I posted.

They sure look like the enemy when they systematically try to kill you.  Just sayin'

Back on FGM, shall we?

Look, you can't compare opportunistic madness (the Serbs in Bosnia - besides, note that Muslims were involved in that issue too, and the region's thousands of years of internal strife) with the systematic and unapologetic madness invoked daily by the Sharia team.

About the MSM comment - sorry, mistook you for the other guy, who wrote "that never gets any mainstream media attention" - your opinions blend, and it was on the previous page so I couldn't double-check as I posted.

They sure look like the enemy when they systematically try to kill you.  Just sayin'

Back on FGM, shall we?

Ok fair enough, but about the mainstream media comment, the information in the links I gave you have not been splashed all over mainstream media.

Yes they look like the enemy when they systematically try to kill you and steal your oil and corrupt your governments, I assume you were talking about America?

Happy to stay on the topic of FGM, it was you who made it all about Muslims.

They sure look like the enemy when they systematically try to kill you. Just sayin'

Back on FGM, shall we?

This is way of topic - but you can't seriously say the Muslims provoked the Christians. It was ethnic cleansing. No small child provokes that. And recent history shows a litany of war crimes around the globe by both Christian and Muslim fanatics.

Just try to have some balance and stand out from the crowd.

I'll rest my case.[/

I think it eclipses the issues you raise - just look at the numbers.

Isis are a relatively small group of extremists which have taken advantage of the geopolitical situation. Saudi Arabia and other allies probably behead and amputate more limbs than Isis. But once again this doesn't get coverage. It's funny how Isis were flavour of the month when the USA thought they were going to kick out Assad. How things change.

As for sharia - if you would like a proper debate about it start a thread.

I much prefer debating bargirls with you though :-)

I think Sharia applies to a thread on FGM... or do you think it's coincidental?

BTW, your point about "once again this doesn't get coverage" is exactly what I said earlier - MSM is all over stupid stuff Christians do, but gloss over, or outright apologize for anything Muslims do, have you overlooked the prefacing of anything negative as "Islamist"?

BTW, two weeks go I enjoyed the company of a fine Thai-Arab mixed girl - I can assure you her pussy was not mutilated.  Thankfully.

On topic:

"Most studies speak of "justifications" and "rationalizations" for FGM but do not speak of causes since this could implicate Islamic rules relating to women and sexual morality.  Islam is regarded as a wrong "justification," often with a citation that the Qur'an does not require FGM. That many women in northern Iraq—and presumably many women in Egypt—believe that the practice is rooted in religion is a factor ignored by Western universities and international organizations."

"There is a certain tendency to confuse a liberal interpretation of Islam with the reality women face in many predominately Islamic regions."

"Conclusions

There are indications that FGM might be a phenomenon of epidemic proportions in the Arab Middle East. Hosken, for instance, notes that traditionally all women in the Persian Gulf region were mutilated.  Arab governments refuse to address the problem. They prefer to believe that lack of statistics will enable international organizations to conclude that the problem does not exist in their jurisdictions."

**** The above from Middle East Quarterly - check this link:

http://www.meforum.org/1629/is-female-genital-mutilation-an-islamic-problem

Ok fair enough, but about the mainstream media comment, the information in the links I gave you have not been splashed all over mainstream media.

Yes they look like the enemy when they systematically try to kill you and steal your oil and corrupt your governments, I assume you were talking about America?

Happy to stay on the topic of FGM, it was you who made it all about Muslims.

Ha ha, so funny - you're in denial.

Check the post I just made - read the article from Middle East Quarterly

This is way of topic - but you can't seriously say the Muslims provoked the Christians. It was ethnic cleansing. No small child provokes that. And recent history shows a litany of war crimes around the globe by both Christian and Muslim fanatics.

Just try to have some balance and stand out from the crowd.

Come on, they've been at each other's throats for over a thousand years in that area.  Who knows what past wrongdoings (perceived or real) they were trying to even out.

I view that as an example of how power seeks a vacuum, and why it's so dangerous for the US not to be able to project sufficent power to scare people like that into not killing each other.  Wars happen when the other side thinks they can win.

But let's NOT make this yet another thread about the US military, shall we? Please.

Wrong topic to lol but I did lol about the thain arab pussy - was it the Thai cream pie from sensations? - I do agree with your main point ( I think) but I believe that it not actually mandated in sharia and is optional. I just did a quick bing and it seems that most of this fgm takes place in Africa and is cultural rather than religious - I.e it takes place across many religious groups.

We can agree to disagree on the religious elements of this one.

No one is scared of the USA - this is the grave mistake the U.S. Govt has been making since they bombed Japan.

Ha ha, so funny - you're in denial.

Check the post I just made - read the article from Middle East Quarterly

lol you're a bigger comedian than me. You expect me to take seriously an article from a site with the tagline " Promoting American interests"

Maybe one of those interests is to demonise Muslims all over the world so you can continue bombing them without too much public outcry.

You used to make reasonable comments, like the comment about the issue of cronyism in American capitalism, but since you started saying Trump makes some good points, you really have gone of the deep end.

I'll leave it there, not fair three of us of ganging up on you, that would be like a drone bombing an Afghan shepherd. :)

Wrong topic to lol but I did lol about the thain arab pussy - was it the Thai cream pie from sensations? - I do agree with your main point ( I think) but I believe that it not actually mandated in sharia and is optional. I just did a quick bing and it seems that most of this fgm takes place in Africa and is cultural rather than religious - I.e it takes place across many religious groups.

We can agree to disagree on the religious elements of this one.

Please read the Middle East Quarterly article.

"But the problem is not only that autocratic regimes tend to suppress the truth. There also must be someone in place to conduct surveys. Prior to Iraq's liberation, it was impossible to undertake independent surveys on issues such as malnutrition and infant mortality. Saddam Hussein's regime preferred to supply data to the U.N. rather than to enable others to collect their own data which might not support the conclusions the Baathist regime desired to show."

"The discovery of widespread FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan suggests the assumption to be incorrect that FGM is primarily an African phenomenon with only marginal occurrence in the eastern Islamic world. If FGM is practiced at a rate of nearly 60 percent by Iraqi Kurds, then how prevalent is the practice in neighboring Syria where living conditions and cultural and religious practices are comparable?"

"Taboo—not social but political—is another factor undercutting research on FGM in Arab countries. Many academics and NGO workers in the region find it objectionable to criticize the predominant Muslim or Arab cultures."

"Conclusions

There are indications that FGM might be a phenomenon of epidemic proportions in the Arab Middle East."

No one is scared of the USA - this is the grave mistake the U.S. Govt has been making since they bombed Japan.

Also the footage you saw of the Kosovo conflict on TV in USA where a lot of this stuff was going on after the initial Bosnian war, was actually shot (filmed) in Spain and Gibraltar where they have beaches - they don't have beaches in Kosovo. Sorry to shatter any illusions

Come on, they've been at each other's throats for over a thousand years in that area.  Who knows what past wrongdoings (perceived or real) they were trying to even out.

I view that as an example of how power seeks a vacuum, and why it's so dangerous for the US not to be able to project sufficent power to scare people like that into not killing each other.  Wars happen when the other side thinks they can win.

But let's NOT make this yet another thread about the US military, shall we? Please.

lol and who will scare Americans into not killing anyone, or are they super moral beings compared to the rest of us. Incredible drivel, you should run Trump's campaign :)

and now I leave it there :)

lol you're a bigger comedian than me. You expect me to take seriously an article from a site with the tagline " Promoting American interests"

Maybe one of those interests is to demonise Muslims all over the world so you can continue bombing them without too much public outcry.

You used to make reasonable comments, like the comment about the issue of cronyism in American capitalism, but since you started saying Trump makes some good points, you really have gone of the deep end.

I'll leave it there, not fair three of us of ganging up on you, that would be like a drone bombing an Afghan shepherd. :)

Oh, I can take on any number of intellectual lightweights like you.  Bring it on.  5555

You wouldn't expect any Muslim organization to talk about FGM in an objective fashion, would you?

The Middle East Quarterly is peer-reviewed - argue against their positions with facts rather than snark, if you can.

Please read the Middle East Quarterly article.

"But the problem is not only that autocratic regimes tend to suppress the truth. There also must be someone in place to conduct surveys. Prior to Iraq's liberation, it was impossible to undertake independent surveys on issues such as malnutrition and infant mortality. Saddam Hussein's regime preferred to supply data to the U.N. rather than to enable others to collect their own data which might not support the conclusions the Baathist regime desired to show."

"The discovery of widespread FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan suggests the assumption to be incorrect that FGM is primarily an African phenomenon with only marginal occurrence in the eastern Islamic world. If FGM is practiced at a rate of nearly 60 percent by Iraqi Kurds, then how prevalent is the practice in neighboring Syria where living conditions and cultural and religious practices are comparable?"

"Taboo—not social but political—is another factor undercutting research on FGM in Arab countries. Many academics and NGO workers in the region find it objectionable to criticize the predominant Muslim or Arab cultures."

"Conclusions

There are indications that FGM might be a phenomenon of epidemic proportions in the Arab Middle East."

The USA created Kurdistan - you currently arm their militias and the terrorist groups that operate there to fight Isis.

Kurdistan actually didn't really exist before the USA invaded Iraq.

The Kurds are apparently the USA' bros

lol and who will scare Americans into not killing anyone, or are they super moral beings compared to the rest of us. Incredible drivel, you should run Trump's campaign :)

Eastboy - you're turning into a pathetic presence here.  No attempt to stay on topic at all?

FGM - it must be W's fault... what a tool.

The USA created Kurdistan - you currently arm their militias and the terrorist groups that operate there to fight Isis.

Also there is nothing to suggest the scale compared to any other country or region..but maybe you are right I don't know.

Well the Russians and Chinese are at least moderating US ambitions

Damn, you found out - the insidious plot of "W" (of course) to make sure that all in Kurdistan engage in FGM.  :Think1:

What exactly is in that water that you drink?

Damn, you found out - the insidious plot of "W" (of course) to make sure that all in Kurdistan engage in FGM. :Think1:

What exactly is in that water that you drink?

Was anything I said not true??

Draw your own conclusions.

But projecting power and being a force for good - puff don't make me laugh...and please check your own water supply.

Just to put the Trump issue to bed - and demonstrate how you can't read:

Explaining how GOVERNORS are the only ones fit for the POTUS job:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275511-watch-out-world-we-give-youthe-donald/?p=3212387

“Mind you, not that I think Trump is viable, but he's a breath of fresh air among all the slicksters who can't be caught speaking their honest opinion on anything.”

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275511-watch-out-world-we-give-youthe-donald/?p=3212590

“Who says I'm taking Trump seriously?  As a noise maker, yes, but he'll never make it to the WH.  He can screw things up, and get a criminal like Hillary elected.”

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275511-watch-out-world-we-give-youthe-donald/?p=3212645

“Disclaimer: I'll only vote for him if he is the only one standing against Hillary the Criminal or Bernie the Mad Socialist. “

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/275511-watch-out-world-we-give-youthe-donald/?p=3214448

Time for you to change tag to "Leftboy" - don't you think?

OK, done with this thread - it went to shit pretty quickly after the apologists and "W" haters jumped in.  What's that term that you like?  "Move on"?

Archived