IGNORED

Thai's don't like Russians?

rankore

Was speaking to a cafe owner (mature Thai women) who was half German and Half Thai but spoke perfect English as she lived in the UK and Germany for years, seemed very well educated. She was really happy to see me (English) in Jomtien saying she is sick of Russians. She said they are very rude and abrupt when speaking to them, never say please/thank you and half of them of thieving gits. Then she explained about how the air fares where in the region of £200 and less return from Russia and that's why lots of them come over but she said most of her friends and family feel the same way about them. 

She also mentioned the Russian ladys where under cutting and doing a lot more for the money than Thai girls would so not only are they impacting on social aspects they are taking money from Thai's also...she followed that rant with some expletives too lol. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep , Thais also don't like Germans , Norwegians , English , Americans , Dutch , French , Indians , Chinese and basically the rest of all the foreigners that come to Thailand .

Explain me how Russians undercut the price by charging double what the Thai girls charge . 

She said they are very rude and abrupt when speaking to them, never say please/thank you.

Amen.

Perhaps the thread should just be titled "Xenophobic Thai Cafe Owner".

Perhaps the thread should just be titled "Xenophobic Thai Cafe Owner".

That's a tautology.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

That's a tautology.

Thai.  Thais.  Spot the difference.   :GoldenSmile1:

I remember a tv interview with a bar owner in Faliraki on the Greek island of Rhodes.....after a night of unruly behaviour he was asked how it happened (eyewitness)...he said "These English people come here and drink , and drink and drink and cause problems"...the reporter then asked him if he continued to serve them when they had enough...his reply was again "These English people come here and drink , and drink and drink and cause problems"

Take the money and run whose ever money it may be!

Don't think so , I went to the market in Pratumnak Hill today , used to be a loads of Russians roaming there , not today , very few. Obviously , the Thai are missing the Russians , especially the 7-11 and Family Mart shops.

Yes, it is one of several surprise to me that Thais do not like other nationalities and even they feel significant resistance. Their superiority over some other nations is striking.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Yeah, I can totally understand how much Thais hates Russians.  So much so, Thais went out of their way to make sure the signs and menus are written in Russian/Cyrillic.  I am sure it's saying "we hate Russians" in Russian/Cyrillic.  I am just guessing here since I don't read Russian/Cyrillic.

And you can see this is a trend all over Pattaya by observing how many signs and menus are in Russian.

No sir, that's not a welcome mate you see there.

Thai,s like nothing and no-one from outside Thailand except for their money :SoWhat1:

Well if an elderly Thai cafe owner says it then it must be true. Right?

I wonder if she found her 'facts' via Google?.... or maybe an Internet forum? 555

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Was speaking to a cafe owner (mature Thai women) who was half German and Half Thai but spoke perfect English as she lived in the UK and Germany for years, seemed very well educated. She was really happy to see me (English) in Jomtien saying she is sick of Russians. She said they are very rude and abrupt when speaking to them, never say please/thank you and half of them of thieving gits. Then she explained about how the air fares where in the region of £200 and less return from Russia and that's why lots of them come over but she said most of her friends and family feel the same way about them. 

She also mentioned the Russian ladys where under cutting and doing a lot more for the money than Thai girls would so not only are they impacting on social aspects they are taking money from Thai's also...she followed that rant with some expletives too lol. 

Says it all :Think1:

Yeah, I can totally understand how much Thais hates Russians.  So much so, Thais went out of their way to make sure the signs and menus are written in Russian/Cyrillic.  I am sure it's saying "we hate Russians" in Russian/Cyrillic.  I am just guessing here since I don't read Russian/Cyrillic.

And you can see this is a trend all over Pattaya by observing how many signs and menus are in Russian.

No sir, that's not a welcome mate you see there.

We all know that the most important thing is for everyone and especially Thais money.

If they came in greater numbers Eskimos, learn their language and signs will be in Eskimo language.  :GrinNod1:

I remember exactly the moment when my masseuse known from Koh Larn island a few years back beked me learn basic phrases in Russian, it's good business for her. Then no surprise.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

The Thais don't like Russians for not being here in vast numbers because many have focused their businesses on that market.

I'm sure that, if one existed, the Thai beetroot futures market would be trading close to zero, if it all.

Perhaps the swathes of Cyrillic posters, and restaurant signs + menu's will become a thing of the past, well short term any way.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Even Russians don't like Russians ....

then we all have something in common, together!

who'd have thought it  :WinkGrin1:

I was in Moscow last week ... they invited ME to give a lecture to 150-200 people ... was there 2 1/2 days in all ... forgot to pick me up at the airport (whoops), left my ipad on the plane on the way in (Russian airline ... they could care less), not once invited to dinner, etc. ... pretty much a bunch of sorry cunts IMO ...best part was wheels up.

She said she likes English people, they seem to be very polite, along with Norwegians and even some Germans, Russians however.....

But she said one of the problems was trying to cater to them (changing signs/learning the lingo etc) but most of them are skint.

Not sure about the undercutting of thai girls....just what she mentioned.

I was in Moscow last week ... they invited ME to give a lecture to 150-200 people ... was there 2 1/2 days in all ... forgot to pick me up at the airport (whoops), left my ipad on the plane on the way in (Russian airline ... they could care less), not once invited to dinner, etc. ... pretty much a bunch of sorry cunts IMO ...best part was wheels up.

Who invited and why should they invite you to dinner etc? You should try the experiment and leave personal belongings behind on a US airline just to test your inner strenght.

Who invited and why should they invite you to dinner etc? You should try the experiment and leave personal belongings behind on a US airline just to test your inner strenght.

What CBM said is actually expected baseline - about getting picked up, dinners etc. 

The iPad is his f-up though, maybe Russian TSA took it, they're probably hiring from the same pool of detritus.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Thais are not really known for being multicultural

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Thais are not really known for being multicultural

Ha ha - I don't get any bad vibe from them - but that's because I'm so hansum, well-mannered, properly dressed, smell like a rose, and possibly because I tip like a fool.

Anecdotally I have heard numerous TGs (and WGs in other countries) uniformly voice their dislike of Arabs, Indians, and Russkies.  Chinese don't stack up that highly either.  Lack of hygiene (especially the first two) and rough bedmanners (Russkies) are major dings.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Archived