Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which are the 5 top restaurants in Pattaya?

Gilles27

Tough to say "top 5" without more parameters -- top 5 where BMs like to eat?  Bargain?  Steaks?  Farang food?  Thai food?

If you are looking for "fine dining," then I would suggest the upper end hotels as a starting point.  I stayed at the Sheraton and the views are freakin' amazing there.  I didn't spend much time in their restaurants, but ordered quite a bit of pricey room service for me and the "friends" who were sharing my room for the night(s).

According to Trip Advisor, the 5 highest rated restaurants are:

1. Cafe des Amis

2. Royal Grill Room and Wine Cellar

3. Indian By Nature

4. Mantra Restaurant and Bar 

5. Moonlight Fine Dining

I haven't tried any of these, but Trip Advisor must link to my FB page, because it noted that BM and true Pattaya foodie Evil Penevil rated Mantra 5 stars.  I'm a big fan of Evil's "reviews" and put a lot of trust in his evaluation.

FWIW, here's the rest of the top 10 on Trip Advisor:

6. Patrick's (right next to Beefeater - I have been there, but can't judge it b/c I was just suffering the oncoming effects of appendicitis while there)

7. Acqua Italian Special Restaurant

8. Siamese Cuisine Restaurant

9. Maggs Restaurant

10. Wine Cellar Pattaya

Quite a bit of overlap with this top 10 list:  http://www.bangkok.com/pattaya/best-restaurants.htm

To bad that most of this restaurants are in bad location. One of few  that are in decent location seems to be the one you mention, nr 9 Beefeater and nr 12 patrick. However they are on a very boring street, all you can see there is suit-salesmen. Never been there, only at the indian resturang at the same street, but will look into this 2 places next time Im there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If prices are not the issue then following:

1. Mantra --> Very large menu with 6 different cuisines to choose from. Japanese, Chinese, Indian, mediterrenean, BBQ grill and Seafood. Not cheap, but very classy venue and great variety of food to choose from if you go with a large party an nobody knows what to choose (bill for 2 without wine easily TBH 3,000, unless ordering pizza)

2. Au bon Coin --> French cuisines at pratamnak between soi 5 + 6. Difficult to find but an gem. French cuisine, very reasonable priced food and very cheap wine (in comparison. About TBH 3,000 for an chateau neuf-du-pape, which is extremely reasonable in Thailand due to the import taxes) Bistro style food, great ambiance. Reservations a must as very limited seating. Very intimate (bill for 2 without wine TBH 1,500 - 2,000_

3. Bruno's --> One of the longer open establishements in the same range of mantra. (maybe a little cheaper) French cuisine very nice on Theppasit road if not mistaken (Bill without wine for 2 TBH 2,000 - 3,000)

4. Mata hari --> Same range and pricing as Bruno. Owned by Dutch owner. Also on Theppasit road

5. Zicco's --> If you are in for meat (lots of meat) Brasillian Churasco at Zicco's infront of the Central (below Hilton) all you can eat buffet of meats and churraso's carved for you at the table. Same price range as above.

6.  Personally I liked the buffet at the Hilton at the All Day Dining restaurant. Great views and good value for money for the buffet.

Please note that for all restaurants in Thailand Wines easily doubles your bill, as wines have over 400% luxury taxes, therefore, if you like good wines, double your bill. (and good super Tuscan can easily run TBH 10,000 at the restaurant)

Cafe De amis is my favourite outstanding in all areas.

Beefeater was really consistent on my latest trip, faultless really for the price.

Casa pascal used to be my number 1, still great but the 2 above I enjoyed more recently.

Brunos and Mantra, always excellent.

Also had 2 visits to Indian by nature, 1st time was awesome, 2nd visit the food wasn't as good. Maybe a different chef on that day.

1. Cafe des Amis

2. Brunos

3. Mantra Restaurant and Bar

4. Mata Hari

5. Moonlight Fine Dining

and ive been to all 5 :GoldenSmile1:

Beefeater is nice too

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 weeks later...

Mantra is my only choice......but seriously, Pattaya Beer Garden????????? I've never had 1 good meal there.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

So many good restaurants in pattaya it's hard to choose. The burger in the Hard Rock Cafe is outrageously good , always cooked to perfection but not cheap. You might want to starve yourself for a day before as it's very filing!

• 2 weeks later...

For me Cafe Des Amis , went last night with 4 friends food was incredibly good , great looking room and the best service I have had in Pattaya

Next to try is Bruno and Mantra

• 4 months later...

one more vote for Cafe des Amis, outstanding food & service 

Pattaya Beer Garden? Really?

Yes. Good unpretentious restaurant.

"Fine dining" is a whole different experience of course. But yes, Beer Garden is a lovely place to eat.

momentos

Sandwich cheese burger 2.JPG

mata hari

rich man poor man

Sandwich grilled ham and cheese .JPG

pastrami on rye.....pizza and sandwiches

Pizza Taco.JPG

Sandwich pastrami cheese.JPG

la notte

appitizer goat cheese.jpg

• 9 months later...

I eat at the Mata Hari because Manhattan closed down

Some losers from South Africans came in and talked to the manager or something. And said they liked the place because of "no blacks"

Last time I ate there.

Mantra is great. Cute waitress from Laos. She was smoking hot.damn!! This was New Years 2016. She was nice to talk to maybe because she was new.

Mata Hari has some old hags working there don't bother

Some losers from South Africans came in and talked to the manager or something. And said they liked the place because of "no blacks"

Last time I ate there.

Mantra is great. Cute waitress from Laos. She was smoking hot.damn!! This was New Years 2016. She was nice to talk to maybe because she was new.

what do they have to do with Mata Hari, Louie likes everyone........... some racist losers come in and talk bad about stuff in the restaurant and you blame the restaurant? wow.   guess you dont go to any bars casue guys talk bad about them all the time, in fact, there is no where to go and stay in your room, hope everything works there

mata Hari is one of my favorite restaurants, great food at reasonable prices......

you  should have hooked up the jerks outside and explained to them your not coming back cause of them    sill

Last time I ate there.

what do they have to do with Mata Hari, Louie likes everyone........... some racist losers come in and talk bad about stuff in the restaurant and you blame the restaurant? wow.   guess you dont go to any bars casue guys talk bad about them all the time, in fact, there is no where to go and stay in your room, hope everything works there

mata Hari is one of my favorite restaurants, great food at reasonable prices......

you  should have hooked up the jerks outside and explained to them your not coming back cause of them    sill

I’ve no idea where black people eat in Pattaya, but I’ve never seen them in a restaurant.

That being said I choose my restaurants for their food, not for their customer base.

And I always eat in farang restaurants, never in fast-food joints.

There is now a vast selection of excellent restaurants in the Pattaya locale, many have opened in Pratumnak  area.    

1. Cafe des Amis

2. Royal Grill Room and Wine Cellar

3. Bruno's

4. Acqua Italian ( as an aside Da Vinci's is no more and has been replace by Amadeous, Fantastic Tapas, same owner as Acqua) 

5. Au bon Coin  ( for its owner as much as his food)

A special mention for; Moonlight Fine Dining

Evil Penevel will have a fit but I'd say Sailor Bar Soi 8 Restaurant

Evil Penevel will have a fit but I'd say Sailor Bar Soi 8 Restaurant

Good grief. How can anyone that has done as many trips to Thailand as you claim  think that the Sailor Bar is in the top five restaurants of any category in Pattaya.

Hippopotamus, in Central is quite good, but it is not cheap.  I'd say service there is better than you'd find at most restaurants in Thailand and the food is excellent.  I think it is on the fifth floor in Central and if you eat outside you can have some great views.  Of all the places I have eaten I'd say it is the best in terms of service, food and atmosphere.  But I have not eaten at any of the places mentioned before except for Nang Nual and Beefeaters. Both of them are good but Hippopotamus is better.

"5. Au bon Coin  ( for its owner as much as his food)"

Au Bon Coin is a good bistro cuisine, however nothing fancy, at least for me.

But kudos to the owner, he made of his well hidden place, a cult place. It's fashionable to go there.

​I still go occasionally, but with acquaintances, my Thai wife doesn't want to go anymore since she saw the chef, she can not understand he is allowed in the kitchen. 

The best hotel breakfast I have ever had was at the Marriott in Pattaya. I'm not sure if that counts as a restaurant in the context of this thread. I've stayed in a lot of 4* and 5* hotels around the world and none were even close.

The best buffet I've tried in Pattaya was at the hotel right next to the Hard Rock. I can't even remember the name of it, it was 7 or 8 years ago. But the food was superb.

I've seen a couple of mentions for Cabbages and Condoms. I was at Cabbages and Condoms in BKK in August 2015 and it was bloody awful. The food looked great and was fresh but it was bland and tasteless - like a kids' version of Thai food. I went there a few times years ago and it used to be good. I'm guessing they acted on complaints from some tourists that the food was too spicy. I hope the Pattaya C&C hasn't taken the same route.

I'll have to give a shout out for Steak & Co. Soi Lenki if I remember correctly and Ate there for the first time in February and had a great steak with great service. No cheap but well worth it for the occasional treat.

:WhoSaw1: Darkling - who me?  :WhoSaw1:

Hippopotamus better than Beefeater???

Unless you are talking about the Buffet at BE - then there is no comparison between the two

My favourites are:

Cafe des Amis - first place

Then in no particular order

Brunos (lunch special)

Bite me Bistro

Au Bon Coin

Beefeaters

Archived