IGNORED

New Mercure Hotel opening later this month

davidge

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tweet Tweet is tucked away down the dead end side soi opposite Flipper Lodge and behind the Sailor Bar.

Hasn't been open that long. There have been a few posts about some confusion over joiner fee. Some have been told there is one, others have been told there isn't. I'm sure I read a post that said you have your breakfast in Sailor Bar??

When I've looked at prices its seemed quite expensive for the size of hotel and facilities.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 10 months later...

Small rooms for sure.

Thanks for the pics & info.

:Wassup1:

• 10 months later...

Any more recent experiences at Mercure Ocean? Would need to dispose some airline miles and most Accor hotels are available.

Joiner fees?

Read above that there's even kids' pool at the premises. Not that I get much bothered about other peoples comings and goings but still prefer to keep my mongering and family destinations apart.

Any thoughts on this hotel or any other Accor hotel?

4 hours ago, mico76 said:

Any more recent experiences at Mercure Ocean? Would need to dispose some airline miles and most Accor hotels are available.

Joiner fees?

Read above that there's even kids' pool at the premises. Not that I get much bothered about other peoples comings and goings but still prefer to keep my mongering and family destinations apart.

Any thoughts on this hotel or any other Accor hotel?

If you can get it on your points then Baraquda is probably your best bet.

Second choice would be Mercure Ocean.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

If you can get it on your points then Baraquda is probably your best bet.

Second choice would be Mercure Ocean.

+1, I just used my points to get a free stay in Baraquda last week. Got free upgraded too!

Otherwise Baraquda would seem fine but there seems to be additional "resort fee" which cannot be done with miles...

1 hour ago, mico76 said:

Otherwise Baraquda would seem fine but there seems to be additional "resort fee" which cannot be done with miles...

I stayed in Baraquda (and Dusit D2 which was their old name) for about 10 times, never paid any "resort fee"!

6 minutes ago, matrix123 said:

I stayed in Baraquda (and Dusit D2 which was their old name) for about 10 times, never paid any "resort fee"!

Maybe it's different booking with Air Miles than Accor Points?

Having said that, I paid nothing to stay at Mercure in Bangkok using my Thai miles.

44 minutes ago, davidge said:

Having said that, I paid nothing to stay at Mercure in Bangkok using my Thai miles.

I only heard some resort in the US charge "resort fee". Not one hotel/resort in Thailand (Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket/Chiang mai) I have stayed have that! I only paid for my breakfast on that free night in Baraquda!:P 

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Don't know... when booking with Lufthansa miles you have about 25€ per night payable at hotel as "resort fee". I didn't see similar on any other resorts I browsed.

9 hours ago, mico76 said:

Don't know... when booking with Lufthansa miles you have about 25€ per night payable at hotel as "resort fee". I didn't see similar on any other resorts I browsed.

If book Mercure Ocean Resort and Baraquda require the same amount mileage, I would say the 25€ extra (whatever they call it) is resaonable. Because Baraquda is 5 star and Mercure is 4 star. If you are lucky and get free upgrade to the next level room/suites. Baraquda is a mile/km better than Mercure.

If you still want to stay in Mercure Ocean Resort, my reviews here were done about 2 years ago. At that time it was GF. No problem to bring girls in early evening or after midnight. The hotel is full of families on vacation but no one care about you bringing girls back.

4 hours ago, matrix123 said:

If book Mercure Ocean Resort and Baraquda require the same amount mileage, I would say the 25€ extra (whatever they call it) is resaonable. Because Baraquda is 5 star and Mercure is 4 star. If you are lucky and get free upgrade to the next level room/suites. Baraquda is a mile/km better than Mercure.

If you still want to stay in Mercure Ocean Resort, my reviews here were done about 2 years ago. At that time it was GF. No problem to bring girls in early evening or after midnight. The hotel is full of families on vacation but no one care about you bringing girls back.

Baraquda is 25k and up + resort fee per night

Mercure Ocean is 20k

But I am leaning towards KTK Regent with 18k... 

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Archived