IGNORED

New Mercure Hotel opening later this month

davidge

Just came across the Mercure Pattaya Ocean Resort. It's opening this month and, from the map, is located near the Ibis off Soi 1. It claims to take direct beach access, which I don't see is possible??? Maybe the grounds extend to Beach Rd?

I've read some good reviews on here for the other Mercure, and know some BM's like trying new, better class, hotels so thought I'd mention it.

Now we just need a kind BM to try it out, test the guest policy and give a review :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'd read your review of the other Mercure but hadn't returned to the topic so hadn't seen that the new hotel was mentioned there.

Many people seem happy with the old hotel, your bad experience notwithstanding.

Hopefully, someone will find out first hand whether the new hotel is guest friendly or not. I won't use hotels that have joiner fees.

The prices on the website seem quite reasonable for the class of hotel so I think it's worth investigating a little further. As it's not opening until the end of the month, they have very good prices and availability for Christmas.

I use Accor a little and I think they are partners with Star Alliance frequent flyer scheme.

I did mention the new Mercure in the old Mercure topic. And I walked by the new hotel last week. About the old one, different people have different expectations. I took some pictures with my iphone but I just don't know how to post them. If you know, please let me know. So, I could post the pictures and you would know why.

This works on my iPad, so should be the same on iPhone:

Open Safari, go to the forum and log-in;

Under the Reply box in topic, click More Reply Options;

At the bottom, under Attach Files, click Choose File;

In the pop-up, click Photo Library;

Go to your Camera Roll and click on the picture. It appears next to Choose File;

Click Attach This File;

It appears in a banner under the reply box;

Click Add to Post, and you get this:image.jpg

BTW I'm not recommending Mercure, I was just letting people know about another new hotel!

• 2 weeks later...

I email the new mecure ocean hotel and they responded today. There is NO joiner fee. This property is owned by the same group as the holiday inn next door and ibis. Currently they have a special that if you book 30 days in advance you get 30% off. That works out at $85 per night for a brand new room facing the ocean. I know that I can get a cheaper guest house but the point is if you like a bit of luxury then it's really affordable. Another really good deal is called tweet tweet hotel off soi 8. They have a soft opening currently and have brand new 56sqm huge rooms for 50% off. They have many highly rated sister hotels in Thailand and the place looks great. No pool but the deluxe rooms have ocean views for $65.

• 1 month later...

The room does look small!

Not as small as the one I had in Ibis Heathrow a few weeks ago, but not sure I'd want to stay there for 2 or 3 weeks - especially at the price compared to some other Pattaya hotels.

Thanks for the pics. Look forward to your opinion of other things in the hotel.

Picture taken from the balcony. You would have a better idea to see how small it is.

image.jpg

Same size as the Ibis rooms? Looks similar layout.

Summer Springs half this price right up the street, closer to beach on Soi 1.

Picture taken from the balcony. You would have a better idea to see how small it is.

Thxs for the pixs matrix.....Yeah the room is a little small but really how much space do you need?...Not much IMO.

How much per night was your room?

Summer Springs half this price right up the street, closer to beach on Soi 1.

Have you been to Summer Spring recently? The rooms are in need of a serious renovation, & a clean out the air-con ducts & grate wouldn't hurt either. I stayed there 1 night last march & checked out....i had black soot all around my air-con grate...i mean a lot, so much it was coming down the walls! I complained but reception didn't care so i checked out....the look on their face was priceless!  

The only good thing going for it now is the roof top pool, & even then its difficult to get a deck-chair. 

Have you been to Summer Spring recently? The rooms are in need of a serious renovation, & a clean out the air-con ducts & grate wouldn't hurt either. I stayed there 1 night last march & checked out....i had black soot all around my air-con grate...i mean a lot, so much it was coming down the walls! I complained but reception didn't care so i checked out....the look on their face was priceless!

The only good thing going for it now is the roof top pool, & even then its difficult to get a deck-chair.

I'm always taken care of there. I have a great relationship with Sudi, hotel manager. Never had a bad room in 8 extended stays.

Same size as the Ibis rooms? Looks similar layout.

I stayed in Ibis just next door a few years ago. The room in new Mercure is about 50% bigger than Ibis. The bathroom in Ibis is so small. You could not have a shower with a girl in there. The layout is similar.

Archived