Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Mercure Hotel opening later this month

davidge

Thxs for the pixs matrix.....Yeah the room is a little small but really how much space do you need?...Not much IMO.

How much per night was your room?

It is smaller than the usual "deluxe" room. As you could see the picture I posted. There was no room to put the night stands. On one side of the king bed, it has nothing. The othe side, they put a small stool.

I am Accor member and I prepaid directly to the hotel. I think it was about 2800 THB.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always taken care of there. I have a great relationship with Sudi, hotel manager. Never had a bad room in 8 extended stays.

Yes i've stayed there probably10 times when it first opened & the service was excellent. Though recent days the hotel has been neglected IMO & the rooms are looking shabby to say the least, & if a complaint is made they're very slow to do something about it. 

Yes Sudi is an excellent manager but she not the owner, who really should be keeping the hotel/rooms at a high standard.  Discount card or not, SS needs a major upgrade!  

• 1 month later...

I just came back to Mercure Ocean Resort again. This time I stayed in a suite. It is way better than the deluxe room but only 300Thb more.

image.jpg

Thanks for the review.

I'm guessing it's about a ten minute walk from hotel Reception to Second Road and about 20 to Beach Rd?

(I walk VERY slowly in Pattaya :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for the review.

I'm guessing it's about a ten minute walk from Hotel Reception to Second Road and about 20 to Beach Rd?

(I walk VERY slowly in Pattaya :-)

No, It is a 3 minutes max walk (for me) to 2nd to catch baht bus. Walking to beach road takes a little longer. You have to pass Holiday Inn excutive tower and holiday inn main tower. I would say may be 6 to 7 minutes. Take a look at Google map and you will see the whole soi 1 is not that long.

Ok. Thanks. I know Soi 2, and it would take me a good 15 minutes to walk from the Sabai Lodge to Beach Rd when the weather was very hot.

From the map, I thought the Mercure might be set back a bit from Soi 1.

I think it will be too expensive for me, unless I get a deal with my Accor membership, but I'm trying to get a shortlist of possible hotels together for future stays.

I have a self-imposed limit of 1500 baht a night for hotels in Pattaya. The way prices are going, I may need to re-assess :-)

Ok. Thanks. I know Soi 2, and it would take me a good 15 minutes to walk from the Sabai Lodge to Beach Rd when the weather was very hot.

From the map, I thought the Mercure might be set back a bit from Soi 1.

I think it will be too expensive for me, unless I get a deal with my Accor membership, but I'm trying to get a shortlist of possible hotels together for future stays.

I have a self-imposed limit of 1500 baht a night for hotels in Pattaya. The way prices are going, I may need to re-assess :-)

I am Accor member too. I have seen the superior room priced as low as 1900 but it still a little over your budget!

Most hotels seem to be similar now :-(

I think I'll be sticking to a Condo in Jomtien or the Sabai Lodge. It would be nice to have a few more options!

Most hotels seem to be similar now :-(

I think I'll be sticking to a Condo in Jomtien or the Sabai Lodge. It would be nice to have a few more options!

Try Tweet Tweet nest on Beach rd Soi 8. No pool (but I only went swimming one time when I stayed at SS on so 1 (or soi 2)? - the pool was fucking freezing.)

IMG_0593.JPGIMG_0594.JPGIMG_0595.JPGIMG_0596.JPG

I like to have the option of a pool for the afternoon. I'll see how much I use it in June/July and may change my mind.

There have been some posts on here that Tweet started to charge a joiner fee?

For my dates in June/July it's showing at 1600 for Superior and 2000 for Deluxe.

For my dates in June/July it's showing at 1600 for Superior and 2000 for Deluxe.

Good low season price!

OK so small but how much per night ????

The delux room was about 2800 THb in January. The suite was about 3100 THB last month.

• 5 months later...

IIRC,the Mercure adjacent to Avenue Mall had a strict joiner policy,read: open the wallet.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

This hotel does not look for me.

Its not cheap also.

Matrix shows the small rooms & its not being raved about on any forum.

Archived