Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do you have a Snooker/pool cue

jocky king

You owe me short time over our previous bet in football !!! :) . Looking forward to play you upstairs , we may play for double or quits , :)

Hi Jocky I've not forgotten our bet...lol

We just might play for double or quits BUT I do not know how good you are....lol

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jocky I've not forgotten our bet...lol

We just might play for double or quits BUT I do not know how good you are....lol

We will only play for fun , ok , in night time (Tuesday ,Saturday or Sunday ) , Anytime after dinner (2pm to 7pm Monday to Sunday ) . How long will you stay in Pattaya for ? I will stay for 7 weeks and three days (11th December to 31st January ) .

We will only play for fun , ok , in night time (Tuesday ,Saturday or Sunday ) , Anytime after dinner (2pm to 7pm Monday to Sunday ) . How long will you stay in Pattaya for ? I will stay for 7 weeks and three days (11th December to 31st January ) .

I arrive in Pattaya on the 17th December and I fly home on the 7th January.  So I am in Thailand for 21 nights.

BUT

Me and my girlfriend are planning on visiting Chiang Mai for a few days.  We've not yet decided for sure when we will be going but at the moment we are thinking of going before christmas.  So I might only be in Pattaya for two or three nights before going to Chiang Mai.  If that happened we would be back in Pattaya about the 24th December and then will probably in Pattaya till I fly home.  I

We can decide nearer the time when we will meet up for a game of pool.  I think an afternoon would be good

• 1 month later...

Try Pattaya Dices Store where they also sells leather stuff , opposite School and Bahtbus queue for Jomtien , 2nd Rd and Pattaya Thai , crossroad , few metres from Walking St . They sell original chalk ( triangle brand) and Tips (Elm brand) , or try Mega Break on Soi Diana . Mega Break does have somebody who can fitted the tip for you ( overnight ) for 300 bt excluding the tip, if you want a Kamui Tip and a Kamui chalk , very expensive , Don't think Mega Break sells them but try ask , if not , the Bangkok shop sells them , ( Kamui tip 750bt) have a look on my link somewhere in my post here . Hope it helps .

Cheers

Three days to go for the flight , four days to go for the arrival , five days to go for pool practices , :) , Looking foward to have a game with any of you lad . Bear and be gentle with me , I have not played pool since I left thailand last January . :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 months later...

Have to agree Predator ques just are really good, at least for my taste. Im using Moori medium tip but need to change it soon so i just might try your suggestion no harm in that, do they have medium option i dont like too hard tip or soft.

I ordered mine from internet straight from predator site so i had options what i liked to but on it as in weight so on , was bit risky move as only try friends que few times but wanted bit more custom.

7-8 years later still very very happy with my choice.

Only thing i made bit mistake was Predator had introduse new shaft called Z shaft and it should have improve even beginners skills but for me it was really terrible to play with cue control everything was just off by a mile, tryied it week or 2 and didnt have the patience with it so i had to buy normal 314 shaft and that was my thing.

Not saying Z shaft is bad as i know many love it but for me it was terrible maybe cos im not so good at pool 555

I really need to get back on the tables and start play this year in pub league again missing the game and last time i touched a que was 1 year ago at thailand but in 2 weeks going back so i quess its first week easy drinks for the ladies :)

Have to agree Predator ques just are really good, at least for my taste. Im using Moori medium tip but need to change it soon so i just might try your suggestion no harm in that, do they have medium option i dont like too hard tip or soft.

I ordered mine from internet straight from predator site so i had options what i liked to but on it as in weight so on , was bit risky move as only try friends que few times but wanted bit more custom.

7-8 years later still very very happy with my choice.

Only thing i made bit mistake was Predator had introduse new shaft called Z shaft and it should have improve even beginners skills but for me it was really terrible to play with cue control everything was just off by a mile, tryied it week or 2 and didnt have the patience with it so i had to buy normal 314 shaft and that was my thing.

Not saying Z shaft is bad as i know many love it but for me it was terrible maybe cos im not so good at pool 555

I really need to get back on the tables and start play this year in pub league again missing the game and last time i touched a que was 1 year ago at thailand but in 2 weeks going back so i quess its first week easy drinks for the ladies :)

Nice summary mate !!! Will try Z shaft as soon I come back to Bangkok , there is a shop there sells Predator cues and shaft , cheaper than the western shops , for example for Ikon 4 Predator cue cost 31,000 bt online on Predator site whereas it cost 26,000 bt in Bangkok . Which pub will you play for in Pattaya League ? I always like to come to Thailand for 8 weeks because it gives me a chance to bring myself up to medium level to challenge for the competitions , if I come for 3 weeks , would be difficult to challenge good players . I was thinking of buying a Brunswick table on my back my house but changed my mind , would cost me €20,000-35,000 to get extension of the house and a pool table . I will wait for my retirement to move to Pattaya permanently . Did you ever try The Legends before ? ( I might ask you before ), if not , try there ... I play for Pooks in Pool League , try their table upstairs Soi Buakhao .

Nice summary mate !!! Will try Z shaft as soon I come back to Bangkok , there is a shop there sells Predator cues and shaft , cheaper than the western shops , for example for Ikon 4 Predator cue cost 31,000 bt online on Predator site whereas it cost 26,000 bt in Bangkok . Which pub will you play for in Pattaya League ? I always like to come to Thailand for 8 weeks because it gives me a chance to bring myself up to medium level to challenge for the competitions , if I come for 3 weeks , would be difficult to challenge good players . I was thinking of buying a Brunswick table on my back my house but changed my mind , would cost me €20,000-35,000 to get extension of the house and a pool table . I will wait for my retirement to move to Pattaya permanently . Did you ever try The Legends before ? ( I might ask you before ), if not , try there ... I play for Pooks in Pool League , try their table upstairs Soi Buakhao .

If you can try Z shaft before buy, all i can say it takes some use to it for sure.

In that time predator cues was not so mutch available in finland, some shops selled them but not mutch choices.

http://www.predatorcues.com/pool-cues/20th-anniversary-limited-edition-cues/ 

Damn i think that anniversary cue looks gooooood :D

I played before in finland pub league and its connected to biggest amateur league VNEA witch have finals in las vegas every year, teams come there all over the world. i go there 1 time and was really fun experience even our team didnt do so good :D we went there as not winners of our league but self payed mix team from different teams mainly just to have fun and see the big world, over 200 tables and shit loads of teams and players :)

Not played now in the team for about 3 years :( but i think this year i get back to it.

http://vnea.com/2014-vegas-details.aspx

I didnt know there was pub league going in pattaya? how that works there?

Last time i go try legends few times really nice pool hall, but 1 thing is bit hot there even AC or maybe i just had hangover lol. 

• 1 month later...

SEA Pool Singapore 2015 Live on YouTube .

This Thai pool player , known as pipe in Mega break and The Legends , playing fòr Thailand at the start of this you tube below. Nitwat ( Pipe) but lost to Philippines 9-6 . He used to play for Pooks years ago. Won us many trophies.

Nice! Thanks for share gonna have a look for sure, i had big pool spike again in my holiday, now i need to change my tip and hit start play bit more again.

Nice! Thanks for share gonna have a look for sure, i had big pool spike again in my holiday, now i need to change my tip and hit start play bit more again.

Do you change the tip by yourself ? I can't , I go to mega break , they do the job for 300 bt excluding the price of the tip.

Do you change the tip by yourself ? I can't , I go to mega break , they do the job for 300 bt excluding the price of the tip.

I never take my cue to Thailand yet, and not going to change it my self have try before and its not fun better to give someone who can do it good. i might go for you suggestion my old tip is pretty mutch worn out.

I played against many farang guys carrying them own cues and played good even with the shitty ques so thats why i get the spike again :) not played so mutch in couple of years but now i want to start join bar league again

I never take my cue to Thailand yet, and not going to change it my self have try before and its not fun better to give someone who can do it good. i might go for you suggestion my old tip is pretty mutch worn out.

I played against many farang guys carrying them own cues and played good even with the shitty ques so thats why i get the spike again :) not played so mutch in couple of years but now i want to start join bar league again

Hate playing the shitty cues , the tips would be very hard at most cues ... They don't bother to chalk it in every shot , resulting the tips becoming like a smooth stone ... Lol . Small Thai man worked at mega break is very good at fitting tips , ( has to leave the cue there overnight ) , he is a very good player too.

Hate playing the shitty cues , the tips would be very hard at most cues ... They don't bother to chalk it in every shot , resulting the tips becoming like a smooth stone ... Lol . Small Thai man worked at mega break is very good at fitting tips , ( has to leave the cue there overnight ) , he is a very good player too.

Yeah most cues there are really bad cant do mutch with the with ball but i had nice games there and even i say it my self i did pretty good ;) it was fun again to play and i want to start this lovely hobby again after so long time.

Never seen in doubles guys share a cue? Bad luck on flight maybe..Phil guys going strong

Never seen in doubles guys share a cue? Bad luck on flight maybe..Phil guys going strong

Saw Efren Reyes playing for Philippines ( playing on the other table , can't see him potting balls) , he loves the game so much . The Philippines double won the gold already today , one of the two looks over 60 , played a great game , clever and good potter . I don't bring home the cues to Ireland , I leave them in my condo , missed them badly , it will be 200 more days to unite with them again . A long way to go , but I must not wish my life away , I have to do something to keep me entertained , mostly watching all kind of sport on TV , and go outdoors to beaches and meeting friends there and over there .. Lol. Very poor pool scene here in Ireland . Shit . Don't know about England , any good ?

Saw Efren Reyes playing for Philippines ( playing on the other table , can't see him potting balls) , he loves the game so much . The Philippines double won the gold already today , one of the two looks over 60 , played a great game , clever and good potter . I don't bring home the cues to Ireland , I leave them in my condo , missed them badly , it will be 200 more days to unite with them again . A long way to go , but I must not wish my life away , I have to do something to keep me entertained , mostly watching all kind of sport on TV , and go outdoors to beaches and meeting friends there and over there .. Lol. Very poor pool scene here in Ireland . Shit . Don't know about England , any good ?

Always liked Phil pool players Efren, Bustamante specially. Dont want to take my cue to Thailand as im not very serious player and i dont go weekly competitions in mega brake so on, and i mostly like 8 ball and there is not any weekly tournaments on 8 ball i think? maybe i should give it a try next time but its really takes your whole evening. My friend goes when in Patts almost every weekly tournament while there. Could be a nice change tho.

No idea about England pool scenes mate :)

Always liked Phil pool players Efren, Bustamante specially. Dont want to take my cue to Thailand as im not very serious player and i dont go weekly competitions in mega brake so on, and i mostly like 8 ball and there is not any weekly tournaments on 8 ball i think? maybe i should give it a try next time but its really takes your whole evening. My friend goes when in Patts almost every weekly tournament while there. Could be a nice change tho.

No idea about England pool scenes mate :)

Very true , takes the whole evening , mega break competition can be very boring with a long wait for next round , starting at 6 pm , if you goes to the final , it could go on to 2am-3am. I might give up on that , pubs league is not bad , playing from 8.30 pm to before 12 pm . The Legends , did you see yet ? I might join them when I become an expat . 3,000 bt a month , 12pm-6 pm free pool everyday with one coffee . Buy drink afterwards . I might like to do 4/5 times a week , when getting very sharp with potting and safety , go down to mega break to win few competitions 5555 ( I guess my time is running out with my age , 54). At the moment , I don't play pool , didn't play since 2 nd February . I miss that , missed more when I saw the you tube today . Was going to build an extension on my back of the house for the pool room , costing about. €30,000 , changed my mind .

Can anyone join the pubs league even just holiday guys? no idea how that works there. the mega brake competition can be very very boring as i know when i watched my friend and sometime he wait for over hour easy for hes turn.

i have been on Legends only 2 times, not went to see this holiday. last time i was there playing i had to leave because it was sooo hot inside i was full of sweat after few games, i was better outside  :LOL2:

shame really not have 8 ball tournaments anywhere but i quess i takes way too long.

Can anyone join the pubs league even just holiday guys? no idea how that works there. the mega brake competition can be very very boring as i know when i watched my friend and sometime he wait for over hour easy for hes turn.

i have been on Legends only 2 times, not went to see this holiday. last time i was there playing i had to leave because it was sooo hot inside i was full of sweat after few games, i was better outside  :LOL2:

shame really not have 8 ball tournaments anywhere but i quess i takes way too long.

Of course you can , they will be happy to take you on even you are on holidays , no strict rules there, I think Monday and Friday league will suit you because of 8 ball league , I could put you in Pooks Team if you want , I know the owner's son who is a captain for the team , if there is 7 in the team , only 5 played against the other five ( one per match of 5 ). Then the other two will play into the second five ( whoever lose first game lose a place to the sub) , 20 games must be played , if winning 10-2 , 8 frames left have to be played anyway . ( new rules last year ) Monday and Friday are two different kind of rules of eight ball , you will get the hang of it as you watch the other team players play . Monday league , 8 ball , if foul , just one shot , but allow to put cue ball anywhere you want . Friday league , 8 ball , two shot for a foul , confusing but you will get to know them afterwards . They ( committee ) made the rules themselves .

Of course you can , they will be happy to take you on even you are on holidays , no strict rules there, I think Monday and Friday league will suit you because of 8 ball league , I could put you in Pooks Team if you want , I know the owner's son who is a captain for the team , if there is 7 in the team , only 5 played against the other five ( one per match of 5 ). Then the other two will play into the second five ( whoever lose first game lose a place to the sub) , 20 games must be played , if winning 10-2 , 8 frames left have to be played anyway . ( new rules last year ) Monday and Friday are two different kind of rules of eight ball , you will get the hang of it as you watch the other team players play . Monday league , 8 ball , if foul , just one shot , but allow to put cue ball anywhere you want . Friday league , 8 ball , two shot for a foul , confusing but you will get to know them afterwards . They ( committee ) made the rules themselves .

Sounds like fun i contact you if im going back soon, and ask you more about this. Thanks for the info :)

Jocky have watched the china 8 ball tournaments, they getting really popular there and lot of snooker players go there too and big names from pool. just so anoying  looking when the snooker guys plays with snooker cues hehe. kinda hate that pool table too but nice to see pool players compete with snooker guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAaL7ZERSxA

this specially i watched until 10 frames so dont tell me the out come if you watch it . but really interesting

Thank you , will watch it tomorrow night after work , looking foward to watch , I was watching Darren at Mega Break last December and saw him in the horrors ( Irish slang for drunk ) at The bar at Soi Honey . Have a look at you tube below , the final of SEA Singapore nine ball Pool 2015 today . Dennis Orcollo of Philippines Vs Maung . Was watching that tonight . They make pool look easy .. 555

Archived