IGNORED

Do you have a Snooker/pool cue

jocky king

Hi

i have pooltable at home,. No good one maby same price like the cue from @Jockey

Buffalo cue 200,-€ .i play 3-5 hrs a week .Is there so big different for a less than average player a buffalo 200€ cue to a 500-700 € cue ?

pooksbar have 8 or 9ft table ?

Sorry for my terrible enlish gentelman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

i have pooltable at home,. No good one maby same price like the cue from @Jockey

Buffalo cue 200,-€ .i play 3-5 hrs a week .Is there so big different for a less than average player a buffalo 200€ cue to a 500-700 € cue ?

pooksbar have 8 or 9ft table ?

Sorry for my terrible enlish gentelman

Probably no different , I think the predator cue has improved my game . The cue ball finally listened to me , lol .. Pooks bar pool table upstairs is 9 ft . Two tables on ground floor ( shit tables are 7 ft or 8 ft ) .

Probably no different , I think the predator cue has improved my game . The cue ball finally listened to me , lol .. Pooks bar pool table upstairs is 9 ft . Two tables on ground floor ( shit tables are 7 ft or 8 ft ) .

i bought my cue in a shop without table , no chance for play some games before .

you play before with a predator or have a chance for play some games in the shop in bkk ?

in 2 weeks i stay in Pattaya . Maby we catch some drinks  and you teach me a lesson

I keep my snooker cue in a lock up in Jomtien for the odd afternoon game .   Don't play as often as i should as too many distractions !

Will hope to come see you at Pooks upstairs for more pool lessons jockey ! 

I'll pm you

Mikeyboy

i bought my cue in a shop without table , no chance for play some games before .

you play before with a predator or have a chance for play some games in the shop in bkk ?

in 2 weeks i stay in Pattaya . Maby we catch some drinks  and you teach me a lesson

My mates had predator cues in a Pattaya ( both Thai) , tried their cues for couple hours , beautifully played than ever before , that is why I bought the predator cue with confidence . You are right about difficulty buying the right cue from the shop . I bought a good few over the years in Ireland , most of em , never gelled with em . I think I found the right cue this time , three years now . I think Mega Break will allow you to try out the cues they sell !! Or I could lend you my cue to try out when we meet . Teach you a lesson , lol. I,m not a pro but glady play you few games anytime afternoons in December/January . :)

I keep my snooker cue in a lock up in Jomtien for the odd afternoon game .   Don't play as often as i should as too many distractions !

Will hope to come see you at Pooks upstairs for more pool lessons jockey ! 

I'll pm you

Mikeyboy

Looking forward to see you again my friend .. Hopefully we will play some great games . :)

Bought one from Amazon in USA. Took it to airport and it was confescated by border police security guys, seems you have to check it in with your luggage. A waste of $50 bucks, who is going back to check a two piece pool stick when you're already at security? 

Bought one from Amazon in USA. Took it to airport and it was confescated by border police security guys, seems you have to check it in with your luggage. A waste of $50 bucks, who is going back to check a two piece pool stick when you're already at security?

I bought two cue from Bangkok , brought them to Ireland and return , I put them along the baggage at check out when I asked the lady if I am allowed to carry the case with me into the plane, they say no because of security ( cue could be a weapon) , was lucky to ask them otherwise would be confiscated at the border security , was more worried about the cue case than losing the clothes luggage when waiting at the baggage claim on either side , and worried about the damage to the cue . I bought a very long luggage , plenty room to put in ! Wrapped the case with blanket... I don't bring the cues to Ireland anymore , too much a hassle , I just leave it at my condo in a Pattaya . I miss that cues , been 9 months separated now . Lol.

@Jockey

Thank you Sir .I'm glad if we can play some games . I like see good players .

I want have a look at magabreak  if a better cue make my game better.

Stay in Thailand no.7 Nov- 2 Dec

2 Dec-8Dec Cambodia -23 Dec Thailand

@Jockey

Thank you Sir .I'm glad if we can play some games . I like see good players .

I want have a look at magabreak  if a better cue make my game better.

Stay in Thailand no.7 Nov- 2 Dec

2 Dec-8Dec Cambodia -23 Dec Thailand

Great , we got a date , PM me when we are there in Thailand . I will be in Pattaya from 11th December to 31st January . Don't buy the cue until you are satisfied with it.

My favourite player of all time .. Efren "bata" Reyes of Philippines , over sixty yrs old. Brilliant pool player , always smiles when winning as well as losing . Love the way he stroke his cue , makes the game looks so easy .

Great , we got a date , PM me when we are there in Thailand . I will be in Pattaya from 11th December to 31st January . Don't buy the cue until you are satisfied with it.

ca 20 trips to Thailand and any time change my phone no.

pm you when i'm there .

not again buy to fast  ..My table have a slate but its cheap chines quality .look nice at the picture ,but ... what a f....

save money on the wrong way is same like put it in the bin

see you in Pattaya

That shot to sink the nine ball was fantastic.

Robw

JK - I'm up for a few hits when in town as well - mid December may be tough, but will be back again for longer in January. Like others, will PM.

The 2 1/4" balls / predator cue must be reasonably new to you as an Irishman? As I said earlier, Appleton / Potts etc are probably bringing the game to a new awareness level across the UK - lets face it, when Steve Davis  first started playing earlier, and Ronnie to a degree, 9-ball was still probably a bit "mickey mouse" and regarded as being "easy" compared to two shot pool. Now that Appleton, in particular, is doing great things on the 9 footers, and seemingly MAKING A GOOD LIVING from it, others will follow suit and the UK guys will dominate in a short space of time - just like they mostly do on the snooker tables.

Two shot pool used to be all the rage in South Australia, where I am from. However, with the innovation of a couple of rooms around town, both American 8-Ball and 9-Ball are going bananas amongst the "elite" players in the State, with multiple trips to Vegas happening each year. New South Wales is the only state that has the 9 foot tables, or the American 7 footers, in their "pub" or bar. All other states have 99% 7' x 3'6" Australian cut pockets in their venues (excluding pool halls). It's interesting to note that our pockets are cut COMPLETELY different to the tables in the UK and therefore require additional time to adjust when playing on them - it's almost impossible to pot a long ball down the rail, whereas on the UK and 9 footers its easy.

Further, Predator cues are all the rage in South Australia too - minimal "throw" when compared to other "brand name" American cues that we can get in Australia would be the main reason. With minimal throw, the good players can almost cue the ball the same as they have their whole life, and not get caught "guessing" on how to strike the white. That said, there really isn't that much else available to buy either despite the price (nup - they ain't cheap)...unless you buy without trying online (and the throw factor scares everyone away from doing that).

I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time in Thailand and working on my game while I am there...it's been 10 + years since I have put ANY time into hitting the balls - apart from weeknight competition matches of course.

PS - out of interest - what did the Kamui tip set you back, and did you compare Thailand to Ireland to internet price?

Cheers

JK - I'm up for a few hits when in town as well - mid December may be tough, but will be back again for longer in January. Like others, will PM.

The 2 1/4" balls / predator cue must be reasonably new to you as an Irishman? As I said earlier, Appleton / Potts etc are probably bringing the game to a new awareness level across the UK - lets face it, when Steve Davis first started playing earlier, and Ronnie to a degree, 9-ball was still probably a bit "mickey mouse" and regarded as being "easy" compared to two shot pool. Now that Appleton, in particular, is doing great things on the 9 footers, and seemingly MAKING A GOOD LIVING from it, others will follow suit and the UK guys will dominate in a short space of time - just like they mostly do on the snooker tables.

Two shot pool used to be all the rage in South Australia, where I am from. However, with the innovation of a couple of rooms around town, both American 8-Ball and 9-Ball are going bananas amongst the "elite" players in the State, with multiple trips to Vegas happening each year. New South Wales is the only state that has the 9 foot tables, or the American 7 footers, in their "pub" or bar. All other states have 99% 7' x 3'6" Australian cut pockets in their venues (excluding pool halls). It's interesting to note that our pockets are cut COMPLETELY different to the tables in the UK and therefore require additional time to adjust when playing on them - it's almost impossible to pot a long ball down the rail, whereas on the UK and 9 footers its easy.

Further, Predator cues are all the rage in South Australia too - minimal "throw" when compared to other "brand name" American cues that we can get in Australia would be the main reason. With minimal throw, the good players can almost cue the ball the same as they have their whole life, and not get caught "guessing" on how to strike the white. That said, there really isn't that much else available to buy either despite the price (nup - they ain't cheap)...unless you buy without trying online (and the throw factor scares everyone away from doing that).

I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time in Thailand and working on my game while I am there...it's been 10 + years since I have put ANY time into hitting the balls - apart from weeknight competition matches of course.

PS - out of interest - what did the Kamui tip set you back, and did you compare Thailand to Ireland to internet price?

Cheers

Very interesting post from you , really appreciate your input . I was in US years ago , as far I can remember is that there was a 9 footer pool table out there , Chicago , Las Vegas and Los Angeles .

The predator cue , I was amazed with this cue , I was playing the cue belongs to my Thai friends who encourage me to check that out , honestly it had improved my game massively . Agreed with you about buying online , I see loads of pool cues selling on net , very difficult to buy the right on online , I would prefer to buy from the shop , preferably the ones that allows you to test drive the cue . The Kamui tip , I have not tried it yet, will try this on 12 th of December (my cues is in my condo in Pattaya, 555) , why I am interested into this, I read a lot of feedback and very good reviews from players who uses it . I am confident that this tip will be great. Google the kamui tip and you will find some interesting reviews . Would love to have a game with you in December or January , mind you, I am not very good , absent from pool scene since last January .. :) looking forward to meet you in person. :)

Very interesting post from you , really appreciate your input . I was in US years ago , as far I can remember is that there was a 9 footer pool table out there , Chicago , Las Vegas and Los Angeles .

The predator cue , I was amazed with this cue , I was playing the cue belongs to my Thai friends who encourage me to check that out , honestly it had improved my game massively . Agreed with you about buying online , I see loads of pool cues selling on net , very difficult to buy the right on online , I would prefer to buy from the shop , preferably the ones that allows you to test drive the cue . The Kamui tip , I have not tried it yet, will try this on 12 th of December (my cues is in my condo in Pattaya, 555) , why I am interested into this, I read a lot of feedback and very good reviews from players who uses it . I am confident that this tip will be great. Google the kamui tip and you will find some interesting reviews . Would love to have a game with you in December or January , mind you, I am not very good , absent from pool scene since last January .. :) looking forward to meet you in person. :)

Sweet - compared to my mates, I'm not very good either 5555

Think I need to find some weaker pool playing mates to boost my ego - after all, it (ego) is a massive requirement in the pool scene 5555.

Ive got a Kamui on one of mine already - probably played a dozen frames with it. Don't know which one, and to be honest, some of the "maths" and "science" of the game and equipment goes a bit over my head. See shot, chalk cue, play shot. Repeat. Simple really.

Only those with a deep knowledge of what they want should order off the net - get it custom made and you can have no complaints when ordering from someone or somewhere reputable.

We'll talk more later, no doubt.

Cheers

Sweet - compared to my mates, I'm not very good either 5555

Think I need to find some weaker pool playing mates to boost my ego - after all, it (ego) is a massive requirement in the pool scene 5555.

Ive got a Kamui on one of mine already - probably played a dozen frames with it. Don't know which one, and to be honest, some of the "maths" and "science" of the game and equipment goes a bit over my head. See shot, chalk cue, play shot. Repeat. Simple really.

Only those with a deep knowledge of what they want should order off the net - get it custom made and you can have no complaints when ordering from someone or somewhere reputable.

We'll talk more later, no doubt.

Cheers

Forgot to mention , the kamui tip ( clear) cost 750 bt in Bangkok , while I bought from France for €18 . Exactly same price . In Ireland , they don't sell them , pool is not popular in Ireland . That is why I plan to move to Pattaya where pool is based , luckily there is plenty ladies to choose from after finishing playing pool in the night.

I don't have a snooker or pool cue but when I'm walking back to my hotel in Pattaya with a pretty girl on my arm it looks as if I do ;-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

i have played lots of pool and the 9 ball tables are easy to pot balls the pockets are huge ..lots easier than proper 8 ball tables ..9 ball tables also have the dots on the rails wich helps with doubles and working out angles ..i was even asked if i was a pro player last trip with the ease of potting balls on those tables and i have not played comp 8 ball for 7 years  and a nice cue helps but you dont need to spend hundreds on  just a good tip and strait and a good eye and a bit of smart white ball placement

i have played lots of pool and the 9 ball tables are easy to pot balls the pockets are huge ..lots easier than proper 8 ball tables ..9 ball tables also have the dots on the rails wich helps with doubles and working out angles ..i was even asked if i was a pro player last trip with the ease of potting balls on those tables and i have not played comp 8 ball for 7 years  and a nice cue helps but you dont need to spend hundreds on  just a good tip and strait and a good eye and a bit of smart white ball placement

True enough about the cue - expense does not necessarily make it work better, and "smarts" will usually win out.

No doubt there are numerous stories, but I remember reading somewhere that Ken Docherty, a World Champ Snooker player, used a warped cue for his whole career - and it cost him about 5 GBP or something - and he thought he overpaid! 555

I also know another bloke who grabbed a rack cue, ran a ton, then put the cue back in the rack saying it was shit!! haha.

When having a knock about few frames at a bar with a beer or two it's no issue - dodgy cues I mean - but if looking to play a bit more serious at MB or whatever, it would likely prove beneficial to have the cue that you are comfortable with no matter what the cost.

True enough about the cue - expense does not necessarily make it work better, and "smarts" will usually win out.

No doubt there are numerous stories, but I remember reading somewhere that Ken Docherty, a World Champ Snooker player, used a warped cue for his whole career - and it cost him about 5 GBP or something - and he thought he overpaid! 555

I also know another bloke who grabbed a rack cue, ran a ton, then put the cue back in the rack saying it was shit!! haha.

When having a knock about few frames at a bar with a beer or two it's no issue - dodgy cues I mean - but if looking to play a bit more serious at MB or whatever, it would likely prove beneficial to have the cue that you are comfortable with no matter what the cost.

Agreed with you there about the cues . I remembered Ronnie gives away the cues on few occasion to the young fans and still win the World Championship on the following year . And Stephen Henry used the same cue since he was around 10 , won 7 World Championship with the same cue , when he changed his cue , he was never the same and got retired from the pro scene . I had the same type of cue as his when I was playing snooker in the seventies and the eighties . Can't remember where this cue had gone , I was on the drinking binge for years . 12 or more cues broken or gives away during the snooker years . Drank with Alex Higgins few times. Went to America for the first time in early eighties , never saw or heard of nine ball before , went to the pub in Los Angeles with my Uncle and cousins , lovely 9 footer Brunswick table there , put my name down on the board , my turn came up , the local pool players realised that I never played pool before when looking for slot coin box and putting wrong balls on the triangle , asked them what is the rules of the game , pots them all in (beginners luck) , they thought I was taking a piss that I never played before . 5555 . Ken Doherty a great bloke from Dublin , he owned a Snooker club in Dublin, had a scar on his face , what happens was he fell through the shed roof onto the metal dustbin , nearly lost his left eye . He had been in Pattaya few times without his wife of course . Lol.

Any where in Pattaya sell these tips and chalk?

Try Pattaya Dices Store where they also sells leather stuff , opposite School and Bahtbus queue for Jomtien , 2nd Rd and Pattaya Thai , crossroad , few metres from Walking St . They sell original chalk ( triangle brand) and Tips (Elm brand) , or try Mega Break on Soi Diana . Mega Break does have somebody who can fitted the tip for you ( overnight ) for 300 bt excluding the tip, if you want a Kamui Tip and a Kamui chalk , very expensive , Don't think Mega Break sells them but try ask , if not , the Bangkok shop sells them , ( Kamui tip 750bt) have a look on my link somewhere in my post here . Hope it helps .

Course we will .. Probably at Pooks upstairs . :) I'm average player , don't worry . :)

Yes we can have a game of pool upstairs at Pooks.

As long as I can get past the LB's down stairs....lol

Yes we can have a game of pool upstairs at Pooks.

As long as I can get past the LB's down stairs....lol

You owe me short time over our previous bet in football !!! :) . Looking forward to play you upstairs , we may play for double or quits , :)

Archived