IGNORED

Do you have a Snooker/pool cue

jocky king

I have a pool cue , Predator Cue , very happy with it , bought it from Bangkok three years ago. Recently I bought 6 Kamui tip which cost €18 ( each tip) .Will get it fitted on the day of my arrival in December . This tip made from Japan , very popular to Philippines top players . This tip gives more power and spins . Looking forward to sample the tip in a December , those tips are made from Pigs skin . Also bought a kamui chalk which cost €25 , this chalk suppose to be very good , no need to chalk the cue in every shot , seen on you tube , the player only chalks once in every two games , last for a year or more depending how often you play . I don't think there will be many interest in this thread but maybe there are a few who does. Thus cue in the picture is Predator Ikon 4 , 2nd generation cue , cost €779. . I don't have that , would love to buy this .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get the chalk ?

Shaky.

Where did you get the chalk ?

Shaky.

Bought from France online http://www.kozoom.com/ . The shop in England do sell them. http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/theproshop/main.php There also have in eBay but afraid they might be counterfeit from China .

Any suggestions on a cue £0-£100 range jockey?.so much choice on the net.

Yeah , there are many many cues cost less than £100 , players can play very well on those . I had a few , then when I went to Predator cue ( 17,000bt) my game improves a lot , positions of the cue ball is excellent , the feel of cueing is great compares to original cue .

Yeah , there are many many cues cost less than £100 , players can play very well on those . I had a few , then when I went to Predator cue ( 17,000bt) my game improves a lot , positions of the cue ball is excellent , the feel of cueing is great compares to original cue .

Just had a look at the predator website,cues looks amazing but cost loads(sure they are worth it).Best to buy a cue in the uk or pattaya?cost cheaper in one or roughly the same?

You're going to need a lot more than that in your armoury 55

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Just had a look at the predator website,cues looks amazing but cost loads(sure they are worth it).Best to buy a cue in the uk or pattaya?cost cheaper in one or roughly the same?

The shop in Bangkok is good , cheaper than UK . I bought that cue from them .

http://www.thailandpooltables.com/

You're going to need a lot more than that in your armoury 55

5555 ... That tip gives more power to the cue ball .. Won't go hard after few days like many different tips . Looking forward to your challenge , 555

5555 ... That tip gives more power to the cue ball .. Won't go hard after few days like many different tips . Looking forward to your challenge , 555

I don't get hard after a few days as well, but at least the pool's a distraction. Got soundly beat at Ledgends last night but the food was good!

Jocky looks like your a serious snooker/pool player.  In December maybe we can have a game and we can see if I manage to pot a ball before you pot all of yours....5555

Jocky looks like your a serious snooker/pool player.  In December maybe we can have a game and we can see if I manage to pot a ball before you pot all of yours....5555

Course we will .. Probably at Pooks upstairs . :) I'm average player , don't worry . :)

Got soundly beat at Ledgends last night but the food was good!

Doubles again ? On Friday pool league ?

Have a look on this you tube , Darren Appleton , England Pool Player threw the cue after potting the match ball . Great player , seen him once on live . That pool cue is worth over a grand . Look the way he pot the red (3) to push the green into the middle . Perfect shot .

They make it look so easy when you watch the top players on T.V or live

5555.. Very true mate , very true . If you practice a lot , big improvement will come . Very good players down at Mega Break on competitions , a joy to watch and good to learn .

I can understand the emotion from Appleton...

Big decision to move away from WEPF and change games into the "American" games - that said, the way that prizemoney is in English World two shot pool, compared to 8 / 9 / 10 ball etc, as well as the way WEPF is (supposedly) administered at the top tier, likely made it an easier decision.

With players like Potts, Appleton, Melling etc starting a bit of an English Player revolution, slowly the 9 foot table starts to takeover the traditional English 7 foot table for the premium players - well those that couldn't make it at snooker anyway.

Anyone know if there are English Pub tables (6 foot I think) or Australian size 7' x 3'6" tables, in good condition, anywhere?

Course we will .. Probably at Pooks upstairs . :) I'm average player , don't worry . :)

Average player !!!image.jpg

I shoot on 3 leagues here in Texas, 1 APA -8 ball, and 2 BCA 8 ball, i use a Shoen Blackwidow 1, with a Obe pro shaft,  I also have a a break/jump cue that was a cheapo at $85, The problem for me is I can not take my cues on board of the flight and I'll not ck several hundred dollars worth of cues. seen way to many messed up bags come out of the belly

Bobby 

I shoot on 3 leagues here in Texas, 1 APA -8 ball, and 2 BCA 8 ball, i use a Shoen Blackwidow 1, with a Obe pro shaft, I also have a a break/jump cue that was a cheapo at $85, The problem for me is I can not take my cues on board of the flight and I'll not ck several hundred dollars worth of cues. seen way to many messed up bags come out of the belly

Bobby

Yeah , I once brought the cue back to Ireland and to Thailand , they won't allow me to carry the cue with me into the flight , had to put them with baggage at check out . Ok , but I was more worried about being stolen than get it damage, because the case is very good protecting the cue , have springboard inside to safeguard get cues . Two cues inside (break cue) . From now on , I leave the cues in Thailand all the time . Not worth a risk to bring it over by plane .

image.jpg

Doubles again ? On Friday pool league ?

Not doubles, normal league match.

Have a look on this you tube , Darren Appleton , England Pool Player threw the cue after potting the match ball . Great player , seen him once on live . That pool cue is worth over a grand . Look the way he pot the red (3) to push the green into the middle . Perfect shot .

Blimey,he was like one of those WWF wrestlers at the end,i wonder what would happen if a someone did that at the crucible  :GoldenSmile1: .

Blimey,he was like one of those WWF wrestlers at the end,i wonder what would happen if a someone did that at the crucible  :GoldenSmile1: .

5555 , love the way he jumped on the pool table to celebrate , he was overly delighted for some reasons . If that was me jumping on that table , ambulance will be called immedialey ... 5555

Archived