IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Casual on Soi Khao Noi has become Welcome Inn.
At Patty Beer Bar also on Soi Khao Noi there are some younger girls now.
They are far from beauties, but at least the old fuglies have gone.
Full Moon Bar on Soi Khao Talo is a closed bar now, but you can still look inside.

• 3 weeks later...

Kayak Bar now closed and for sale

Black Hole closed

On same road as Kayak/Black Hole, heading towards ner plab wan and across from 7/11 there are 3 new small bars

Green Bar ( ex Jungle bar) closed

Black Hole closed

On same road as Kayak/Black Hole, heading towards ner plab wan and across from 7/11 there are 3 new small bars

Green Bar ( ex jungle bar) closed

I guess all that road construction really hurt business' in that area.  on a positive note, it's all done and all those decorative lights look good at night.

I guess all that road construction really hurt business' in that area.  on a positive note, it's all done and all those decorative lights look good at night.

Are you sure the road works on Soi Pattanakan, and more specifically on the stretch of Kayak and Black Hole, are over?

I’ve been there about two weeks ago and there was still a lot of work to do.

Are you sure the road works on Soi Pattanakan, and more specifically on the stretch of Kayak and Black Hole, are over?

I’ve been there about two weeks ago and there was still a lot of work to do.

Up to Kayak the road is finished but there is still a long way to go after that, most likely another year.

Agree on both counts

Up to Kayak the road is finished but there is still a long way to go after that, most likely another year.

Up to Kayak, is that from the Soi Nern Plab Wahn side or from the Soi Toongklom-Tanman side?

I guess the former.

Up to Kayak, is that from the Soi Nern Plab Wahn side or from the Soi Toongklom-Tanman side?

I guess the former.

Yes the former

In the past The Pub on Soi Khao Talo opened on average once in two days, but now it seems to have become about once a week.
The Dutch owner once told me he rents the complete building at 8,000 baht a month and he lives there.
I guess he doesn’t really need an income from the bar.
Strange enough he has put a number of flags of muslim countries to welcome people.
I doubt if he will attract much custom from those countries.

Does Black Angels Bar still exist?
I doubt it.

Does Black Angels Bar still exist?

I doubt it.

If it's the one on Mapyailia 31off Soi Nurn Plab Wahn

it's been closed for a long time

Has a strange Thai bar next to it Falang not allowed

3G -Girls,GTi's&Golf,1st came Girls then GOLF GTI MK1and finally Golf the Game.Not sure which I spent more on? Enjoyed all 3 though ;-)
3F's Fuckin',Fuckin'about&Fuckin'up(hopefully loads of 1st&2nd but very little 3rd

Yes, Black Angels Bar on Soi Lablae (The street has several names.) has had numerous owners, but seems to be closed for good now.

The owner of Old Hounds bar is heading back to England and is selling all the furniture and closing up.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

That's a thai Karaoke. Farangs are allowed.

900 bahts bottle of Sangsom with mixers.

Same price in the thai karaoke close to the moony bar with a much more impressive lineup of girls ! More than 10 girls more attractive than any bars in Pattaya.

As long as you smile, have a good attitude, agree to pay 100 bahts for a LD, farangs are welcome in every thai Karaoke. Barfining is another story, but having good time with the girls, no problem at all.

Edited by Spellforce

That's a thai Karaoke. Farangs are allowed.

900 bahts bottle of Sangsom with mixers.

Same price in the thai karaoke close to the moony bar with a much more impressive lineup of girls ! More than 10 girls more attractive than any bars in Pattaya.

As long as you smile, have a good attitude, agree to pay 100 bahts for a LD, farangs are welcome in every thai Karaoke. Barfining is another story, but having good time with the girls, no problem at all.

I walk past that Thai bar 5/6 times a week and never ever had any acknowledgement or even a smile from any of the girls there I used to say a friendly hello every time I walked past 

one day I asked with a smile if i could go in and have drink and had a Thai fatty sat outside doing Thai facebook on her phone screamed something to a Thai guy inside who came out & said "Falang mai bai here ok mai? Not welcome you go Mac Bar or other bar"

so after that I gave up especially as only ever seen one good looker amongst them

3G -Girls,GTi's&Golf,1st came Girls then GOLF GTI MK1and finally Golf the Game.Not sure which I spent more on? Enjoyed all 3 though ;-)
3F's Fuckin',Fuckin'about&Fuckin'up(hopefully loads of 1st&2nd but very little 3rd

"Falang mai bai here ok mai? Not welcome you go Mac Bar or other bar"

That surprises me... ?

I went in only once around 11PM... I didn't came back because they have Lady Boys.

If you want to give a new try, try the karaoke close to the Moony Bar, the girls are really much better !

In the past The Pub on Soi Khao Talo opened on average once in two days, but now it seems to have become about once a week.

The Dutch owner once told me he rents the complete building at 8,000 baht a month and he lives there.

I guess he doesn’t really need an income from the bar.

Strange enough he has put a number of flags of muslim countries to welcome people.

I doubt if he will attract much custom from those countries.

8000 rent for the entire building including bar?? no bar rent, no BIB money??? seems a bit unlikely but if true I want some of that Bob…i will give him 15k for the same arrangement!!…..lol

The owner of Old Hounds bar is heading back to England and is selling all the furniture and closing up.

I was told he was American.

Anyway, all but a success story and a bad location for business.

That surprises me... ?

I went in only once around 11PM... I didn't came back because they have Lady Boys.

If you want to give a new try, try the karaoke close to the Moony Bar, the girls are really much better !

Do you mean that Thai bar on Soi Nern Plab Wahn more or less opposite the defunct Happy Time Bar?

They only sell big bottles of beer served with ice cubes.

Before I was well seated I was offered a white powder by the Thai boys sitting there, yabba I guess.

I decided to leave.

8000 rent for the entire building including bar?? no bar rent, no BIB money??? seems a bit unlikely but if true I want some of that Bob…i will give him 15k for the same arrangement!!…..lol

That’s what he told me, 8,000 baht rent a month for the complete building and no key money.

At that time he was trying to sell his bar at 150,000 baht, but there were no takers.

Anyway, just like Old Hounds Lounge and also Rod’s Bar, those locations between Sukhumvit Road and the railway are no good locations for business.

On Soi Khao Talo Mr. Burger seems to have disappeared.
Yesterday Check In Beer Bar was closed.
Wolfi’s (between Stars Bar and Mini Bar) has disappeared.
Stars Bar appears to open at 7 p.m. now.

On Soi Khao Talo Mr. Burger seems to have disappeared.

Yesterday Check In Beer Bar was closed.

Wolfi’s (between Stars Bar and Mini Bar) has disappeared.

Stars Bar appears to open at 7 p.m. now.

If Check In Beer Bar really is closed they didn't last long. First added to map on 15 April. Riley's, I think, still holds the record for shortest time open. Added 5 January, closed 13 March.

Black Hole closed

Green Bar ( ex jungle bar) closed

Don't forget, the Moon Light bar has been closed for a while also,

I was in there the other night, had 3 TGs sitting with me, one young fatty, one young cutey and one old average.  Big bottle of Leo 130 baht and the girls will ask if they can drink with you (off your bottle).

It was an ok bar but nothing special that will make me run back to anytime soon.

One thing I noticed about visiting Thai bars on the DS is speaking a fair amount of Thai goes a long way towards them being friendly with the farang customers.

Do you mean that Thai bar on Soi Nern Plab Wahn more or less opposite the defunct Happy Time Bar?

They only sell big bottles of beer served with ice cubes.

Yes this location.

Bottle of Sangsom + Mixers = 900 bahts

+ 100 bahts LD for the service girl.

(or you can also bring your own spirit bottle and only pay the mixers)

One thing I noticed about visiting Thai bars on the DS is speaking a fair amount of Thai goes a long way towards them being friendly with the farang customers.

Yes.