IGNORED

Your favourite places to eat in Pattaya

I haven't been back to Kiss Food since my first visit to Pattaya around 8 years ago - as has already been said by others, the food was very bland and disappointing.

It may have improved a lot since, and is always pretty busy with customers, but given the vast choice of alternatives within 5 minutes walk or bike ride, and the reviews from others that suggest the food still disappoints, I'm in no rush to go back. I guess their newish outlet in Jomtien is pretty similar?

A few of my favorite eateries which I don't think have got a mention in this thread include:

Took La Dae in Foodland - may have to wait to get a seat at peak times (busy with Thais and expats) but it's very clean and the food and ingredients used are fresh and quality - well worth the slightly higher prices - I think Pad Krapow is around 60 or 70 Baht

Hole-in-Wall restaurants across the road from Tukcom - reviewed by EP in another thread...good food at even better prices

Naklua Market - Stalls outside that will cook the fish and/or shellfish that you have bought in the market to order for takeaway or to eat there.

Seafood restaurants at the far end of Jomtien - more relaxed and rustic atmosphere than Moom Aroi - a bit more soul. Generally good service and lots of fresh seafood to choose from

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only eat thai food with in thailand -baywatch on beach road....breakfast is yogurt with tons of water....j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Anton's (on Naklua Road) for a good range of leisurely continental-breakfasts, and for their evening-buffet, especially late-on when they cut the price for whatever's left !

OK, so I'm a Cheap Charlie, but I do enjoy solid German food !

Globetrotter for Swedish food, always worth a try, their pyttipanna or pizzas !

Burger King in Central for a good burger & onion-rings, at a fair price, and no pressure to move along, if you're enjoying the people-watching.

Canterbury Tales, for the gossip, and range of new healthier foods, as well as the usual English & Thai menu !

Some good one's listed....  Just a few from me that usually result in me stacking on kgs despite extra activities with girls….

English breakfast – kilkenny’s / golf club

Tin cup: Hole in the wall (soi buk) - great low cost thai and chats

Burgers: aussie burger (soi diana) or a gary burger (soi buk)

Pizza: Hilton italian lunch buffet or loaf

Fish and chips: fryday

Chicken souva: cart on soi diana near family mart

Coffee: bake and brew or coffee club (great coffee and wifi!)

Relaxing hangout: 5 star bar on beach road to watch the world go by…

Sunday roast: Sportsman’s

The places that I normally visit more than once each trip are:

- Kiss on corner of Soi Diana and 2nd Road (convenient and open 24 hours)

- Food court on the bottom floor of Central Plaza Soi 8 (great variety and tasty food)

- Pattaya Beer Garden (great for a twilight dinner to relax and enjoy the sunset before the night out)

- Goose's fish and chips on 2nd road between Soi 7 and 8 - not sure if still around but does the best fish and chips in Pattaya

- Japanese restaurant in Central Plaza one floor down from the cinemas. Can't remember the name but I believe it's on the right as you exit the cinema and go down the escalator. A bit pricy relative to local food but good if you are craving Japanese food

There are many that I need to check out but these 3 have earned my repeat and frequent visits:

1. All Season's Steak Buffet - Central Festival 5th level - inexpensive for Central Festival - all you can eat and (drink soda/juice/tea). Go when you are really hungry to maximize your money's worth.

2. Leng Kee Restaurant - on Central Road near Soi Buakhow. Several women recommended and I went (by myself) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

3. Secrets - on Soi 14 just off walking street - excellent choice of Thai and western food at good prices. Bonus: strong drinks, and ice cold beer.

All of these places are reasonably priced.

Also I have never gotten sick eating at any of these places. Or anywhere else in Patts (so far).

my favorite restaurants in pattaya are:

thai food:Leng kee Restaurant Central Road- balcony restaurant Soi Buakhow

burgers:Carl's Jr Central Festival

pizza & sandviches:Pastrami On Rye in Jomtien(best chicago style pizza and deli sandviches in Thailand)

breakfast:Bake&brew-Loaf-the continental 

desert:Bake&brew

salad:sizzler's 

fish&chips:fryday second road

greek:Pattayanis soi buakhow

ribs& BBQ skews:49baht place Soi buakhow

The places that I normally visit more than once each trip are:

- Kiss on corner of Soi Diana and 2nd Road (convenient and open 24 hours)

- Food court on the bottom floor of Central Plaza Soi 8 (great variety and tasty food)

- Pattaya Beer Garden (great for a twilight dinner to relax and enjoy the sunset before the night out)

- Goose's fish and chips on 2nd road between Soi 7 and 8 - not sure if still around but does the best fish and chips in Pattaya

- Japanese restaurant in Central Plaza one floor down from the cinemas. Can't remember the name but I believe it's on the right as you exit the cinema and go down the escalator. A bit pricy relative to local food but good if you are craving Japanese food

Gooses closed for years now. In same location is now a mediocre Indian restaurant. 

• 1 month later...

Thai food I like that restaurant at the corner of 3rd rd and soi chaiyapoom(sp) it's very reasonable and the food is very good, it's a large open air place, but I still don't know the name.

Thaifood on 3road betw. Soi lenkee and soi chaiaphum

That is a good restaurant...anyone know the name of it? Went there last Feb but for some reason I didn't make it back in June

That is a good restaurant...anyone know the name of it? Went there last Feb but for some reason I didn't make it back in June

i don't know the name, but it is a mainstay for me and my friends now.

I enjoy MK and Shabu sushi for a good feed!

• 1 month later...

1Breakfast with last nights hottie? Baywatch on Beach Road. Light, fluffy scrambled eggs with the full breakfast

2. When you want healthy food (post gym lunch etc)?Pad thai goong and salad at the triangle cafe at the Naklua end of Beach road and Second Road

3. Indian food? The vegetarian restaurant at VT6

4. Arab food? The Arab district around Soi 15 on Second Road. Past McDonalds on your left and side. Tasty and generous portions

5. Italian food? I haven't tried

6. British/American food? Village Chippy on third road for fish and chips

7. Something completely different? Persian buffet near Boat Bakery on Second Road

Pattaya Beer Garden for me. Quick and easy. Usually a cool sea breeze, good music (70's-90's?) and no pressure to find a girl unless you want to.

Beefeater - Always quality food as you want it, their garlic butter is fantastic (wich is hard to find in other steak places).

Steak&co - nice steaks and lamb.

Kiss food for that after bar midnight snack because its cheap and open.

Benihana - (in pattaya central beach) expensive place but delicous food, the lamb was really great, you get your own chef at the table with some show.

Jimboh

From memory, the persian buffet had around 15 savoury dishes to choose from.  There were various rice, potato, chicken, fish and vegetable dishes.  Fruit and ice cream were available but I've never had room for those.

I was last in Pattaya in November last year and it was 199 baht - all you can eat.

I'm due back next month so I'll take some pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many places I like to go, haven't explored all of the places I have read about in the restaurants section or the trip reports.

Moom Aroi - was on my to do list for a while. Went last trip and enjoyed it tremendously though it wasn't as good as Baan Klang Nam 2 on the river in Bangkok. Will try Naklua Market next time I am in town.

MK in Central is a must for me on every trip. Have either the duck or the hot pot. Though for the best duck I have read that Leng Kee on Klang/Bucow is better. Something to try.

Mango and Sticky rice - there is a place across the road from Leng Kee on Klang. It's a must for anyone who like this dessert. Usually go there two or three times per trip.

Breakfast I recommend Cafe Pascal, Bake n Brew and Loaf.

Have always had good meals dinner/lunch at the guesthouse I stay at - Chow Soy. The last two trips I ate with there with fellow mongers and TGs and everyone enjoyed the food. Sometimes I order up food to the room. Never been disappointed.

Other than breakfast I try to eat Thai/Asian most of the time unless watching a sporting event (strange but true). I like the pub fare at Witherspoon's, pricy but good atmosphere for watching sports and the service girls always did a great job.

I have been bad with my trip reports in the past, next time down I should have more time (maybe wishful thinking) to report about everything including the food. I like to think of myself as a foodie of sorts, I am fat enough :-)

Some great posts in this thread and many choices which I agree with. For me, these are my choices:

Best coffee: Bake 'N' Brew or Benjamit Coffee

Best breakfast: Bake 'N' Brew (though have never tried Loaf - yet)

Best steak: News Steak 'n' Grill (I have never eaten steak at Beefeater though)

Best value cocktails: Frasers Sportsbar in Jomtien (2 for 1 every day)

Best place to take a date: Pattaya Beer Garden

Best cakes: Secret Recipe in Central Festival (Tamar Bakery 3rd Rd a close second)

Best seafood: Bhoo Pen (end of Jomtien beach)

Best grilled fish: The lady at Jomtien market next to Kiss Food (they get the fish in live and kill them on the spot, fresh, cheap, delicious)

Best buffet place: AKA in Central Festival (they have the smoked charcoal grill style, heavenly)

Best al fresco BBQ buffet: The place across the road from the bus station Pattaya North rd

Best Burger: Many choices, but I always like Just Burgers at Jomtien beach rd or the Japanese Burger Place right where the Blues Factory used to be in Walking Street

Best Thai food: A bit hard to find, but it's near the Rompho Rd Jomtien, if going east on Jomtien 2nd rd, pass the market, turn left just before Grand Residence/7-11, then it's about 250 metres up on the right. There's a block of apartments behind it. Not really easy to find but the food is outstanding. Also, hole in the wall Tin Cup Soi Bukhao

Honourable mention: The beef and onion roll at the Vietnamese restautant in Central Festival top floor (there's a thread on it here somewhere)

Shit, now I am hungry!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, I ate at kiss probably 10-12 times my last trip. reliable and quick delicious food. stayed at areca so was only a short walk.

Archived