IGNORED

Your favourite places to eat in Pattaya

Got to agree with philkrenshaw in that Lone Star Texas grill located on Soi Lengkee is hard to beat if you're into ribs/steaks/tex-mex etc. The daily specials make it good value for what you get. Definetely worth a look. I've never had a bad experience there

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that the italian restaurant Per Bacco is one of my favorite restaurants, its on second road close to Mikes. The products they use there is amazing.

I enjoy Shabu sushi and MK and some of the thai bbqs around town.......

Anyone that likes softshell crab, they do a great softshell crab at the lk empress. Been there 2 different times and its been awesome both times.

I eat my breakfast at my hotel.Dinner at any indian restaurant,or

just head over to the market at soi buakhao,and grab some cheap,but

awesome thai food there.

Street food is my preferable choice…especially the fruit.  But if going for a proper sit-down meal, I like Pattaya Beer Garden, both large seafood restaurants on the west side of Walking Street, and the golf-themed place on Soi LK Metro for breakfast.

There's a restaurant in that little strip mall that runs adjacent to Soi Diana (starts on 2nd Road and follows Soi Diana).  If walking from 2nd Road, its about half way down on the right with a dark brown wooden fence around the seating area.  I can't recall the name of the place, but it has the best steak I've found anywhere in Pattaya.

Oh, and there's a kick ass pizza place on 3rd road…can eat there, take out, or they'll deliver.  Can't recall the name of that either, but if you take 2nd Road, make a right on Soi Diana, go kinda-straight through the intersection at Soi Buokhao, and hit 3rd Road, it's on the other side of the street.

I think its called New York Pizza, had it a couple of times, the pizza is good to very good, the wings (they do combo deals/specials etc on the wings) are, meh IMHO, just saying, between New York Pizza and Brooklyn Diner Pizza, its a close call but I think Brooklyn Diner wins out ;), why I eat so much pizza in Patts is beyond me, I just do ;) (as well as so much other food & beer ;), always return with an extra 5 kg I think ;)

1. Breakfast with last nights hottie? hotel

2. When you want healthy food (post gym lunch etc)? Gym on holiday. Right.

3. Indian food? Top of soi 7, forget the name

4. Arab food? Like but never eaten in Patts

5. Italian food? Pizza Hut

6. British/American food? Pig and Whstle

7. Something completely different? Yamoto Sushi on Soi Yamoto. Amazing

Countdown Clocks

• 3 weeks later...

1. Breakfast with last nights hottie? Sportsmans, Pig and Whistle, Witherspoons, Robin's nest

2. When you want healthy food (post gym lunch etc)? I'll switch healthy for good. Hippopatamus 5th Floor central.  It is not cheap but it is very very good.

3. Indian food? never had in Pattaya

4. Arab food? never had in Pattaya

5. Italian food? I think it is called Venezia on Soi LK Metro across from Champagne.

6. British/American food? Sportsmans, Pig and Whistle, Witherspoons, Robin's nest, Sizzler

7. Something completely different? Mk or Barbeque Plaza.

Why wasn't Thai food on the list?

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Japanese food, Yamato on Soi 13/1 (Soi Yamato) has been there for 30 year I believe.

Food is excellent and prices are reasonable.

Heading toward Beach Rd it is on the right just before BR.

yamato.jpg

If you like Japanese food, Yamato on Soi 13/1 (Soi Yamato) has been there for 30 year I believe.

Food is excellent and prices are reasonable.

Heading toward Beach Rd it is on the right just before BR.

I stopped there on my last trip and honestly I was underwhelmed.  Maybe I was just hoping for more based on their reputation but I prefer Fuji or the other place in Central better.  It wasn't bad by any means I just was expecting more.

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon all,

This may run counter to the "when in Rome" approach, but has anyone run across a great place for deep-fried seafood southern US style?  I keep think of how great those giant prawns would be deep fried, LOL.

Cheers,

Thomas

Your best bet is to look at other nationalities fried stuff.

British places sometimes have squid and chips or shrimp and chips instead of fish and chips.

Italian places often do fried squid.

Of course many Thai places do fried shrimp too.

1th trip: I do not know the name, the first resturang at WS to the right, I think it is close now.

2 and 3th trip: Pink Lady at BR. Found them to do good cheap food and is fairly consistent. However they did something I didnt like on my last trip when it comes to the service.

4 and 5th trip: Lee´s Dinner at soi diana. I havnt eat the best food here, but they are the most reliable place I have eating at in pattaya for that price range. I have eating here more then a dozen times and it has always been ok or more. They are not the cheapiest place but the meels are big and and taste more then ok so I would say they are reasonably priced. It is also a 24/7 place. Downside, horrible chairs, I would have gone there more often if it wasnt for the chairs.

20150920_170121.jpg

• 1 year later...

Had a quick lunch today at the newly opened restaurant "Took Lae Dee" at Foodland downstairs in the basement of Royal Garden Plaza.

Think the place opened yesterday it still smells of paint and plaster!

Small restaurant with cool aircon and nice comfy seatings around the walls.

Staff still a bit nervous but very attentive and sweet, a very cute young girl took my order looked very scared at first, but shine up when she heard I spoke Thai, a couple of other older staff came and tried to help as they didn't know I spoke Thai.

Menu with both farang and Thai foods, snacks, starters, main meal, desserts and drinks.

Prices cheap to moderate mostly within the 70-250 baht range.

Took Lae Dee Menu.JPG

I just ordered some simple Thai dish,

Fried Pork with Garlic and Pepper with Rice and a Fried Egg at 84 +10 + 9 baht = 103 baht

Mixed Fried Vegetables in OysterSauce at 63 baht

Lemon Juice at 44 baht

Total 210 baht

Not sure why I had to pay 10 baht extra for the rice, as it came in as an "over rice" dish,

and not on two separate plates?

Took Lae Dee.JPG

Food looked fresh and taste was OK, service was surprisingly fast and food arrived after only 6-7 minutes!

My Juice after a couple of minutes more though!

I was given a free complimentary glass of water with the meal, so I guess I could have saved money on the juice!

This place is to be open 24 hours I think, and they have a "Happy Hour" American Breakfast 62 baht at 5:30-09:00 AM.

Entrance from both the underground garage and from Beach Road, front entrance very small though and easily missed!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

On a daily basis I like the Rompho Market on 2nd Road, Jomtien for breakfast and dinner. The food is fresh and cheap and plenty of eye candy to watch while eating. On a weekly basis it's Momento Resort on Soi 8 off Theprasit Road. It is a good quality restaurant at reasonable prices with exceptional atmosphere. Their service is sometimes lacking but can be can be somewhat compensated for by the food and atomosphere. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 5/16/2017 at 6:18 AM, plahgat said:

Had a quick lunch today at the newly opened restaurant "Took Lae Dee" at Foodland downstairs in the basement of Royal Garden Plaza.

GOTTA love that name!  555

4 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

GOTTA love that name!  555

Took Lae Dee = Cheap and Good! :D

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Took Lae Dee = Cheap and Good! [emoji3]
Plahgat

Took Lae Dee and she said price was "up to you"

• 2 months later...
On 16/05/2017 at 11:58 PM, likeaking said:

On a daily basis I like the Rompho Market on 2nd Road, Jomtien for breakfast and dinner. The food is fresh and cheap and plenty of eye candy to watch while eating. On a weekly basis it's Momento Resort on Soi 8 off Theprasit Road. It is a good quality restaurant at reasonable prices with exceptional atmosphere. Their service is sometimes lacking but can be can be somewhat compensated for by the food and atomosphere. 

Momento restaurant is one the best French food you can find, it's like a hidden place for many expats and French mongers, i always go there every 3 or 4 days to have a meal.

Their skewers are the best in town, all the menu is high quality.

Torpak is a Thai/European restaurant in soi Khopai near Camel Toe GC. Super noodle soup and good efficient service. The coffee shop opposite named Cher Coffee does good food and coffee and also has a pool! Two of my fave places to eat and chill. No sexy service though.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g293919-d9874064-i183563431-Torpak_Boat_Noodle-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

• 9 months later...

BBQ Prime

On 5/6/2018 at 19:14, pattayamongererhaha said:

BBQ Prime

I ate there yesterday.

Had the BBQ chicken (w/ lemon and thyme seasoning) plate served on a small flatbread with a Greek style salad and potato wedges. The sides were pretty good and the service was excellent. But unfortunately the generous portion of chicken meat (in boneless pieces) did not really do it for me.

It didn't even taste freshly made. Maybe it was but the flavor was of meat that was prepared before and just warmed up. 

It wasn't so bad that I wouldn't try it again maybe with another meat or a burger, but I expected it to be better than that on what they're featuring, the BBQ meat. 

6 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I ate there yesterday.

Had the BBQ chicken (w/ lemon and thyme seasoning) plate served on a small flatbread with a Greek style salad and potato wedges. The sides were pretty good and the service was excellent. But unfortunately the generous portion of chicken meat (in boneless pieces) did not really do it for me.

It didn't even taste freshly made. Maybe it was but the flavor was of meat that was prepared before and just warmed up. 

It wasn't so bad that I wouldn't try it again maybe with another meat or a burger, but I expected it to be better than that on what they're featuring, the BBQ meat. 

Oh I am so sorry if you went there because I recommended it; I always liked  it though.

I heard that they changed locations, is that true? Is it on Soi 9 or shifted?

Its always sad when you see your fav joints go to shit.

39 minutes ago, pattayamongererhaha said:

Oh I am so sorry if you went there because I recommended it; I always liked  it though.

I heard that they changed locations, is that true? Is it on Soi 9 or shifted?

Its always sad when you see your fav joints go to shit.

Yeah, they're on Soi Made in Thailand now, central Pattaya.

https://www.facebook.com/bbqprimetimesoimitpagoda

I wouldn't call it total shit. I'm going to give them another chance with a different order

1 minute ago, Kreggerz said:

Yeah, they're on Soi Made in Thailand now, central Pattaya.

https://www.facebook.com/bbqprimetimesoimitpagoda

I wouldn't call it total shit. I'm going to give them another chance with a different order

I will give it a try too when I go in july.

Archived