Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok & Rok Chinese Restaurant

chookyargyll

I think it's worth at least one try for people who think they might like that kind of food. I had a bad experience and there is so much competition in town I usually don't reward places that have treated me poorly with repeat business. I make exceptions when I just have to have their offerings. In this case, I can easily and happily pass. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough.

It is not a court if law but when the same person posts two different versions of what happen then maybe it is more than meets the eye.

Agree  .... up to the person to try... and I am sure it will suit some and not others.

If it doesn't please you...vote with your feet and baht.

cheers

Please show both versions ?????

Please show both versions ?????

Read Post # 1

Read post # 20

You wrote them ...... different versions.

As said before .... you could have walked out before as you saw all that you disliked before you sat down.

cheers

Fair enough.

It is not a court if law but when the same person posts two different versions of what happen then maybe it is more than meets the eye.

Agree  .... up to the person to try... and I am sure it will suit some and not others.

If it doesn't please you...vote with your feet and baht.

cheers

His main complaint was the food he ordered was not served as ordered

So what was he and his friends to do?

Say fuck all and accept this?

His main complaint was the food he ordered was not served as ordered

So what was he and his friends to do?

Say fuck all and accept this?

Yes he did say that the food that he ordered was mixed up but he then stated that the mistake was rectified. The owner has also stated that even though two of the meals were half eaten and they complained... the meals were changed free of charge.

No problem with complaining if the food was no good but it seems that he complained and the mistakes were rectified...... he stated this as did the owner..... what else do you think the owner could do???? 

The other complaints he has... how would you know as he changed his story.

It is good to get the god and bad about places but I will start to think there is more to it when the complainer changes his story as he goes along to suit his needs to be portrayed the victim like here. 

cheers

I've eaten from their several times and always enjoyed the food, I've only stopped as I'm on a strict diet, but looking forward to going back.

I always ordered 1000 bahts worth and it would last days.

Yes he did say that the food that he ordered was mixed up but he then stated that the mistake was rectified. The owner has also stated that even though two of the meals were half eaten and they complained... the meals were changed free of charge.

No problem with complaining if the food was no good but it seems that he complained and the mistakes were rectified...... he stated this as did the owner..... what else do you think the owner could do???? 

The other complaints he has... how would you know as he changed his story.

It is good to get the god and bad about places but I will start to think there is more to it when the complainer changes his story as he goes along to suit his needs to be portrayed the victim like here. 

cheers

I have eaten in the Wok/Rok at least 10 times

The food has always been ok

I had a small problem once with my order which was sorted ASAP by the lady boss

Ps

The ribs are fantastic

I have eaten in the Wok/Rok at least 10 times

The food has always been ok

I had a small problem once with my order which was sorted ASAP by the lady boss

Ps

The ribs are fantastic

I like a good feed of ribs .... I am in Patts the end of next week and will drop in and have some.

Thanks for the tip.

cheers

I and my family have eaten there more times than I can remember NEVER had a problem.

I would say to BM go take a look and decide for yourself.

As to the rat thing I saw one a very big one run under the meat counter in big C last month.

Some have eaten the wires under my washing  machine outside my back door. (I live in the country side with a very big garden).

One run along the centre of the floor at a very expensive restaurant when I was sitting there.

Last week when siting at Canterbury tails cafe looking at the balconies of the bars and establishments on the other side of the Soi I saw 2 big rats running along the balconies.

Edit...... On reading the thread again , I am not convinced there was one as the op states he saw a tail in a bin bag and later states it was a rat in the upstairs toilet.

Yet another change in the story ?.

Many a GECO tail been confused for a RAT tail.

Get over it, report it to the owner. 

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I like a good feed of ribs .... I am in Patts the end of next week and will drop in and have some.

Thanks for the tip.

cheers

Yep

But be careful very addictive ,especially after a few beers lol

Ahh ausmagoo, methinks you protest to much, trying to be pedantic and twist words to your own ends. I hope the esteemed owner of the above mentioned establishment is giving you a free (hopefully edible) 3 course meal on the house for trying to protect his good name. I totally take onboard that other members have and do enjoy meals at this place,and that is their prerogative. I posted MY experience of this place and if you do not accept this, that is yours.

Subject Closed

The Victim

Nothing wrong with wok n rok food. i eat chinese a lot at home and it's pretty much the same.

It won't be the same as it is in china which is a good thing imo, and it does say UK chinese food not authentic chinese food                                             I smoke but have only smoked outside in wok n rok. perhaps the rules have changed but there was another thread a while back saying it was no smoking inside.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Ahh ausmagoo, methinks you protest to much, trying to be pedantic and twist words to your own ends. I hope the esteemed owner of the above mentioned establishment is giving you a free (hopefully edible) 3 course meal on the house for trying to protect his good name. I totally take onboard that other members have and do enjoy meals at this place,and that is their prerogative. I posted MY experience of this place and if you do not accept this, that is yours.

Subject Closed

The Victim

As said before ... do not know the owner and never been in there.... but I will end of next week to try the ribs as reports seem to say they are ok.

No words twisted .... just quoted back what you wrote... no one else.... you wrote.

No problem pointing out bad experiences but when you complained about the food... the mistakes were rectified and the owner also changed half eaten dishes for no charge to appease the customer..... he cannot do more than that or maybe you think he can??

On your other complaints... well like I said... look at what you wrote in post #1 and then the changes you made in post # 20..... again no twist of words.... just going on what you wrote ..... or is that you have a beef with the owner for some reason.

But no problem... thanks for telling your experiences as you seemed to have a couple of different ones on the same visit but like another poster has said... I will try the place myself and go from there.

cheers  

If you want good Scottish/Chinese...just go to Chow Soy off 1 road back from soi lenkee. Its really good and friendly, does not have a pool table. Also has a air con section and no knobs with Northern Ireland tattoos with there tops off. 

Thanks for the post. While I willl still keep an open mind I will be cautious. I am concerned with the owners response. Seems a fair rebuttal however this is a customer service issue and not an argument. Plenty of good restaurants about Pattaya. If you want to have a profitable business here in Pattaya it must be remembered who actually pays the bills.

If you want good Scottish/Chinese...just go to Chow Soy off 1 road back from soi lenkee. Its really good and friendly, does not have a pool table. Also has a air con section and no knobs with Northern Ireland tattoos with there tops off. 

Tbf Northern Ireland tattoos are pretty cool  :WinkGrin1:

Why eat Chinese food or other farlang food in Thailand ???

When ever I travel I want to experience the local food and Thailand has the most diverse menu of foods I have ever seen

One Life, Live It !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post. While I willl still keep an open mind I will be cautious. I am concerned with the owners response. Seems a fair rebuttal however this is a customer service issue and not an argument. Plenty of good restaurants about Pattaya. If you want to have a profitable business here in Pattaya it must be remembered who actually pays the bills.

You can be assured that this point is NEVER lost on us.

Every customer gets treated with respect and we go out of our way to please. They are welcome to request their meals, curries extra spicey, with or without extra ingredients and the way they like. They just have to ask the chef. She will cook for them as they require.

We are big on customer feedback. Not all feedback I must say is genuine though. Recently we had somebody on one of the Facebook Clubs complain the girl that took His order got it wrong.

Now, this bothered me a bit as Ouy's English comprehension is excellent. She told me it wasn't the person complaining who ordered. It was His 'drunk' friend and He couldn't make His mind up. The order had been changed three times and She had the scored out bills to prove it.

When I spoke to the customer about this He admitted He told His pal to order and he apologised and retracted the complaint on Facebook.

This is what you have to deal with in Pattaya!

Now, this customer is branding Himself a 'Victim' Victim of what? I was stood not far away from their table and they couldn't make their minds up at all. The girls stood over them for what seemed like ages. Constantly changing their minds.

They scraped the plates clean, paid their bill then left!

Any complaint would have immediately have been addressed and rectified to their satisfaction.

The pen can be mightier than the sword in this Town and I've already (reading between the lines) linked the O.P. to somewhere else, I wont mention.

Read our Business thread and view our reviews. There is only one genuine Western standard Chinese in this Town and it's Wok N Rok. That's why we have many loyal customers, included catering for some of the Addicts bars at party time. If their bar managers weren't happy with our product they wouldn't constantly repeat order. Would they?

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/wok-n-rok-36664

In true Chinese fashion, we ordered numbers 5, 18, 46 and 54, which we shared - these were spare ribs, sweet and sour pork, chicken satay and batter chicken in lemon sauce. They were all excellent and Rattana told me very proudly that the sauces were her own secret recipe.

We spoke with some of the other diners and all were repeat customers, and everyone gave Wok N Rok glowing reports. After experiencing the food ourselves, we also give Rattana and her Wok N Rok top marks, and undoubtedly it was “the best UK Chinese Style Dining Experience in Pattaya,” that we have tried.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/wok-n-rok-36664#sthash.3Utycosz.dpuf

Look at our Business page here on Addicts. Please read it and make your mind up if customer feedback... genuine feedback is important to us or not.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/185070-wok-n-rok/page-9

The service girls English are a load better than than they used to be when you first opened. i always got served by a girl with blonde hair and there was never any confusion

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Why eat Chinese food or other farlang food in Thailand ???

When ever I travel I want to experience the local food and Thailand has the most diverse menu of foods I have ever seen

Quite stupid comment. It never occurred to you that there are also farang people living here and not just on holiday? You know that some people actually enjoy variety in what they eat.

I assume you only stick to your own countries traditional dishes whatever those are and nothing else is allowed. 

I quite enjoy the food there but I always get it to go. Not the Chinese food I am used to (Toronto, Canada, China town) but

I still enjoy the Scottish interpretation.  

I have been eating at wok n rok since it opened. Never had any problems and the food is great. The staff and owners are really helpful and nothing is too much for them. I was a bar owner and know how hard it is to make a living in Pattaya. Every one has a right to their opinion but writing their grievances on a post and not dealing with them at the time is cowardly.

You can be assured that this point is NEVER lost on us.

Every customer gets treated with respect and we go out of our way to please. They are welcome to request their meals, curries extra spicey, with or without extra ingredients and the way they like. They just have to ask the chef. She will cook for them as they require.

We are big on customer feedback. Not all feedback I must say is genuine though. Recently we had somebody on one of the Facebook Clubs complain the girl that took His order got it wrong.

Now, this bothered me a bit as Ouy's English comprehension is excellent. She told me it wasn't the person complaining who ordered. It was His 'drunk' friend and He couldn't make His mind up. The order had been changed three times and She had the scored out bills to prove it.

When I spoke to the customer about this He admitted He told His pal to order and he apologised and retracted the complaint on Facebook.

This is what you have to deal with in Pattaya!

Now, this customer is branding Himself a 'Victim' Victim of what? I was stood not far away from their table and they couldn't make their minds up at all. The girls stood over them for what seemed like ages. Constantly changing their minds.

They scraped the plates clean, paid their bill then left!

Any complaint would have immediately have been addressed and rectified to their satisfaction.

The pen can be mightier than the sword in this Town and I've already (reading between the lines) linked the O.P. to somewhere else, I wont mention.

Read our Business thread and view our reviews. There is only one genuine Western standard Chinese in this Town and it's Wok N Rok. That's why we have many loyal customers, included catering for some of the Addicts bars at party time. If their bar managers weren't happy with our product they wouldn't constantly repeat order. Would they?

http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/wok-n-rok-36664

In true Chinese fashion, we ordered numbers 5, 18, 46 and 54, which we shared - these were spare ribs, sweet and sour pork, chicken satay and batter chicken in lemon sauce. They were all excellent and Rattana told me very proudly that the sauces were her own secret recipe.

We spoke with some of the other diners and all were repeat customers, and everyone gave Wok N Rok glowing reports. After experiencing the food ourselves, we also give Rattana and her Wok N Rok top marks, and undoubtedly it was “the best UK Chinese Style Dining Experience in Pattaya,” that we have tried.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/diningout/wok-n-rok-36664#sthash.3Utycosz.dpuf

Look at our Business page here on Addicts. Please read it and make your mind up if customer feedback... genuine feedback is important to us or not.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/185070-wok-n-rok/page-9

Not too difficult to figure out !!!!! .

The op has covered ALL the down points and even put a Rat in for good measure ( guaranteed to generate a bad impression).

Your food cooked by a Thai who has been trained in the UK by a REAL Chinese chef is something which cannot be matched by many if not all so called Chinese restaurants in Pattaya.

There are many that the ONLY connection with "Chinese" is the sign outside the place and the "chef" is a Thai who has been shown a few things by the Foreign owner who's only experience has been eating it in his/her own country.

You have posted a good balanced response keep up the good work and high standards ( it's why your place is full and many are not in this difficult time when there are very few tourists).

You have a successful business and sadly sometimes with success comes contempt and jealousy from those who may see you as (the new boy) a competitor who is (stealing consumers away from them). 

It maybe that this is a few (mates) who are trying to help a (mate in the food business) who's tables are empty and divert your costumers to his/hers.

It maybe a few genuine consumers who have had the worst service, food and dining experience ever mentioned or posted about your place during the long time you have been open altho I do find this incredible.

I don't know and frankly don't care for if it is it has failed, and if it is not then I am sure you will put things right.

For the record I have no connection whatsoever with this establishment or the owner he is only known to me by my visits (mostly with my family) to his restaurant since the first day it opened. I have never met him outside of his establishment.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Not too difficult to figure out !!!!! .

The op has covered ALL the down points and even put a Rat in for good measure ( guaranteed to generate a bad impression).

Your food cooked by a Thai who has been trained in the UK by a REAL Chinese chef is something which cannot be matched by many if not all so called Chinese restaurants in Pattaya.

There are many that the ONLY connection with "Chinese" is the sign outside the place and the "chef" is a Thai who has been shown a few things by the Foreign owner who's only experience has been eating it in his/her own country.

You have posted a good balanced response keep up the good work and high standards ( it's why your place is full and many are not in this difficult time when there are very few tourists).

You have a successful business and sadly sometimes with success comes contempt and jealousy from those who may see you as (the new boy) a competitor who is (stealing consumers away from them). 

It maybe that this is a few (mates) who are trying to help a (mate in the food business) who's tables are empty and divert your costumers to his/hers.

It maybe a few genuine consumers who have had the worst service, food and dining experience ever mentioned or posted about your place during the long time you have been open altho I do find this incredible.

I don't know and frankly don't care for if it is it has failed, and if it is not then I am sure you will put things right.

For the record I have no connection whatsoever with this establishment or the owner he is only known to me by my visits (mostly with my family) to his restaurant since the first day it opened. I have never met him outside of his establishment.

JDM

Thanks for your post JAI DEE MAK

At the end of the day, I know how hard Ouy works in that kitchen. I know the standard and quality She puts out of the door. And I know how important it is to please our customers.

Of course, this being Pattaya, nothing goes smoothly 100% of the time. We have had our ups and downs regarding staff in the past. But would those without sin please throw the first stone! What I'm saying is who hasn't had problems with staff in this Town?

And some people have ulterior motives.  

Competitors have asked to buy our curry sauce in bulk and we declined.

They have even came in and ordered food then dissected the meal into pieces at their table and photographed and detailed the ingredients.

Placed huge orders with us for their staff to try and copy. I know they couldn't so we sold them the meals.

Last week one of the staff had to go because She was trying to get the curry sauce recipe from the kitchen staff for a 'farang' who wanted it.

Of course the sauces are made by Ouy behind closed doors so the kitchen staff don't know how to make it anyway. But they were quick at coming forward and telling her though. So credit to them.

Like I've said if anybody has any comments or is unhappy about anything when you come to Wok N Rok please speak to Ouy. You will be treated with respect and courtesy.

We want repeat custom and happy eaters.

Cheers... 

Archived