Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A Week in Chiang Mai

Piece Corp

Thank you

Booked my Hotel already http://lenaview.com in CNX

looks nice , have you checked its GF ?

Also be aware from what I've read recently , CM police have been very strict on closing times recently , so the Bars maybe shutting at 12:00 / 01:00 ish.. also worth checking out Foxy Agogo when you are there and Shower massage ( not as good as the ones in Pattaya or Bangkok , but okay and quite cheap iirc  ) - best to look at a CM visit for sightseeing opportunities and any mongering as a bonus imho

• Like 2

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

looks nice , have you checked its GF ?

Also be aware from what I've read recently , CM police have been very strict on closing times recently , so the Bars maybe shutting at 12:00 / 01:00 ish.. also worth checking out Foxy Agogo when you are there and Shower massage ( not as good as the ones in Pattaya or Bangkok , but okay and quite cheap iirc  ) - best to look at a CM visit for sightseeing opportunities and any mongering as a bonus imho

Yap is GF is a new hotel with Pool Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Finally made it to Chiangmai in June this year with the wife for 3 days , stayed at the Raming Lodge , I found 3 days was not enough time to see all the sights and attractions , so we will be returning in the near future . There seemed to be enough girls for the single traveller to choose from and more than enough bars to visit ,so I would duly recommend a trip up North as a change from Pattaya.

• Like 2

Thanks for the great report, bookmarked!

A week in Pattaya and 2 weeks wandering the north.

Just booked sleeper train on line Jan. 30th.

Now time to check hotel.

Planning on renting a bike to travel for the last 2 weeks of my vacation. Maybe into Laos. ??

I hate making alot of plans and bookings and would rather "wing it." High season got me to pre book the train.

Solo as of now.

Thanks for the great report, bookmarked!

A week in Pattaya and 2 weeks wandering the north.

Just booked sleeper train on line Jan. 30th.

Now time to check hotel.

Planning on renting a bike to travel for the last 2 weeks of my vacation. Maybe into Laos. ??

I hate making alot of plans and bookings and would rather "wing it." High season got me to pre book the train.

Solo as of now.

Rented a bike Nov. '14 and did May Hon Son and a week in Laos. Great riding and scenery. It takes a lot of prepared paperwork by the renting agent to bring a bike into Laos. POP rental took care of everything and the bike (CRF250L) was in top condition. Rides and rental highly recommended.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Rented a bike Nov. '14 and did May Hon Son and a week in Laos. Great riding and scenery. It takes a lot of prepared paperwork by the renting agent to bring a bike into Laos. POP rental took care of everything and the bike (CRF250L) was in top condition. Rides and rental highly recommended.

Likeaking, do you know of any day trips by bike you'd recommend? The last time I was in CM was in 1990 but I'm planning a return for July 2016.

It has been many years since I have been to CM, one thing stood out from my trip was the beauty of some of the Karen tribe girls.  Damm I would really have liked to take one back to the hotel ;-)

Likeaking, do you know of any day trips by bike you'd recommend? The last time I was in CM was in 1990 but I'm planning a return for July 2016.

I haven't ridden any of them yet, but you can find some suggested loops here.

I only made it north to highway 12 and across, but that was a really nice ride too.

20151205_095819.jpg

Garzan, I've just been taking a look at the link on the Saemong Loop. Looks like it would make a great day trip from Chiang Mai. I go to Thailand every year July/August time. The downside is that I miss a month of good biking weather at home in the UK. If I go to Chiang Mai in 2016, it looks as if I could have a chance to make up for what I'm losing at home.

Thanks so much for the great TR and pictures. I'm planning my next trip, and I've decided I need to see Chiang Mai - I just made that decision this morning. Excellent to find all this info so fast!

nice report and great pics,lived there 2 years.. a stones throw away from cherry bar..and nice to see the midget guy in the not so busy boxing arena complex..the gate area is the freelnce zone.

Thanks Tweedles, can you PM me with some advice on the FL zone in CM please.  I 

I'd like to include CM from time to time.

"Likeaking, do you know of any day trips by bike you'd recommend? The last time I was in CM was in 1990 but I'm planning a return for July 2016."

Doi Inthanon is it good daytrip too.

0 celsius on the top early morning before sunrise. Can make "snowballs".

Thanks for the link Garzan. It could come in very useful. Do you know of those maps are easy to get in Chiang Mai?

Unfortunately, no, I don't know if they are available locally in Chiang Mai or not. Maybe send a message to the vendor? I would not be surprised if some of the local Chiang Mai bike shops stock the maps.

Unfortunately, no, I don't know if they are available locally in Chiang Mai or not. Maybe send a message to the vendor? I would not be surprised if some of the local Chiang Mai bike shops stock the maps.

Thanks. I'll do that. Are there any bike rental shops you know of which you'd recommend?

Here ya go. http://www.gt-rider.com/tour-options/chiang-mai-thailand/touring-loops-day-rides

Check out the whole site. The restaurant, located in the walled city at the NE corner is a hangout for cycle travelers and the owner is a friendly guy who offers advice when asked. The food there is also good and they sell quality, weather resistant maps of the local areas and bordering countries. 

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Here ya go. http://www.gt-rider.com/tour-options/chiang-mai-thailand/touring-loops-day-rides

Check out the whole site. The restaurant, located in the walled city at the NE corner is a hangout for cycle travelers and the owner is a friendly guy who offers advice when asked. The food there is also good and they sell quality, weather resistant maps of the local areas and bordering countries. 

Thanks again likealing. It's a great site with lots of useful information and good photos too.

• 3 weeks later...

Great pictures. Chiang Mai has a lot of options, if you are looking for activities.

I can recommend mountain biking, all included, and golf. Nightlife is a lot quiete in CM.

Edited by mikkox3

• 3 weeks later...

Finally made it to Chiangmai in June this year with the wife for 3 days , stayed at the Raming Lodge , I found 3 days was not enough time to see all the sights and attractions , so we will be returning in the near future . There seemed to be enough girls for the single traveller to choose from and more than enough bars to visit ,so I would duly recommend a trip up North as a change from Pattaya.

I'm actually headed up there this summer and visiting several places. How long would you recommend staying in Chiang Mai? I'm also might be going to Chiang Rai, but I hear there is not much there to see.

• 3 weeks later...

piece corp   - Great thread

Did you have any resistance to taking photos?   ( i dont mean inside bars  etc but outside)

I plan to visit soon  and have plans to bring a nice super zoom camera  for those candid shots

Edited by Teddysad

You can lead a horticulture but you can't teach a prototype