IGNORED

A Week in Chiang Mai

Piece Corp

Sayuri Soapy massage

I was saving the best attraction for last.

After spending the entire afternoon at the zoo, walking steep hills in 34 degree heat, I'm completely drenched in sweat.  You may hear people say that Chaing Mai is cooler than Bangkok, it's only at night.  My flight leaves at 10:40 PM, I'm checked out of the hotel, a fresh change of clothes is packed on top of my bag, but what I really need right now is a bath. 

Mongering wasn't a priority this trip, there are far better options at home in Bangkok, but I'd heard about Sayuri Soapy massage, supposed to be the best in town, and this seemed like a good time to check it out. It's not on my Nancy Chandler map but google maps has it, so I have my driver drop me at the Nawarat bridge and I hoof it from there, about a 15 minute hike.  You learn never to arrive at these places in a taxi or tuk-tuk.

DSC_5853.jpg

I'm the only farang present, old Thai guys sit around sipping Chang beer gawking at a couple dozen girls in the fishbowl.  One group of girls have a 'B' badge, one group have no letter, and the largest group have an 'M' badge.  A single girl sits on the couch in street clothes, a sideliner, she's very pretty, but no more than some of the 'M' girls.  Some girls could grace high end Ratchada soapies, this is better than anything in Pattaya.  Honey massage may have nicer facilities but that's trivial, the girls are all that matter.

Papasan writes on a piece of paper, B-class or no letter, 2000 baht, M-class 2500, S-class 3000.  These are farang prices, but maybe not the tourist price.  I ask for one of the M-class girls that had eyeballed me when I entered and ignited a flame, she was absolutely gorgeous.  25 years old, firm body and good English. She thought I was a local because I arrived without a driver.

I was led to a small pink room with mirrored ceiling and walls but just a standard-sized tub.  An air mattress is leaning against the wall, but I don't ask for it, I've had enough of those.  Instead, I enjoy her deep tissue and foot massage.  Since I have my camera, I ask to take a picture.  "No, cannot", she says.  GoGo girls rarely decline a photo but soapy girls have a much different attitude about being photographed.

Her sex was awesome, I tipped appropriately and left feeling even more refreshed then after the Snow-Dome.  The one-hour flight home was very relaxing. :Flying:

DSC_6474.jpg

Edited by Piece Corp
  • Like 2

Retired

Excellent insight to Chiang Mai.   I am planning to venture there myself and will use all your information as a reference tool.   What was the nightly rate for your hotel?

Thanks once again, most informative and enjoyable.

Cheers

Thanks. The hotel was 1500, round trip air fare from Bangkok on Air Asia was 2000.

I recommend the Nancy Chandler map for 250 baht if you like to stroll around on foot, but it doesn't list Sayuri.

• Like 1

Retired

Thanks. The hotel was 1500, round trip air fare from Bangkok on Air Asia was 2000.

I recommend the Nancy Chandler map for 250 baht if you like to stroll around on foot, but it doesn't list Sayuri.

Great information, thanks!

More shots around town

DSC_3919.jpgDSC_3908.jpgDSC_5559.jpgDSC_5656.jpgDSC_5668.jpgDSC_5690.jpgDSC_5558.jpgDSC_5887.jpg

And along the Ping River

DSC_5819.jpgDSC_5828.jpgDSC_5817.jpgDSC_5830.jpgDSC_5875.jpg

Retired

Great read will be there for the first time Oct 23rd, at Raming lodge.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You said the p4p girls aren't that stunning in CM ..so is there any point traveling all the way there for mongering?

You see I only travel to Thailand/other countries for girls. I don't do/not interested in tourism stuff or some other crap like shopping!

Edited by vincent law
  • Like 2

Vincent Law

You said the p4p girls aren't that stunning in CM ..so is there any point traveling all the way there for mongering?

You see I only travel to Thailand/other countries for girls. I don't do/not interested in tourism stuff or some other crap like shopping!

Then definitely don't got to Chiang Mai. I was there in October for some awesome biking but would definitely not recommend to make the trip just to shag.

Stick to Pattaya then

• Like 2

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

The girl I had in Sayuri was quite stunning but I wouldn't make a trip there for the p4p. A Chaing Mai trip is worthwhile just for the 'crap', and p4p is readily available.

• Like 2

Retired

The girl I had in Sayuri was quite stunning but I wouldn't make a trip there for the p4p. A Chaing Mai trip is worthwhile just for the 'crap', and p4p is readily available.

Thanks. Will a two day trip be more than enough?

At least I get to see a new city.

Vincent Law

They're are lots of fun things to do in Chang Mai, but if you're only interested in p4p I'd stay in Pattaya. 

• Like 2

Retired

Okay thanks. Will avoid.

Edited by vincent law

Vincent Law

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the TR!  I'm gonna make my first trip up to CM this December so appreciate the details and pics.

Thanks for the TR!  I'm gonna make my first trip up to CM this December so appreciate the details and pics.

Hope you enjoy yourself, I sure did.  Don't forget to write a trip report.  :Chokdee:

Retired

This is a awesome post great photos and a lot on help to me as I'm going there for a first time in March.

Where is the best place to stay I'm looking for close to the party areas really.

I can recommend the Raming Lodge.  Good location, comfortable, and has a nice monger's ring to it. 

• Like 2

Retired

I highly recommend Riverside and Goodview for dinner in CM followed by live music but get there early...about 6 PM so that you can get a seat near the band after dinner. You can negotiate with the Holiday Inn in CM and get a great room in a good 4 star hotel for about $55 US/day. Third stay there coming up at the end of January. Free shuttles into and back from center city several times/day. Also nice outdoor pool if you're looking for that. 

Have yet to see an attractive bar girl in CM. Better places for that in BKK, Pattaya and Patong

• 2 weeks later...

Got myself a cute 19 year old girl last time from one of the bars in the back near the ring. Ended up being a hassle in the end as I had a hard time cutting her loose. 

nice report and great pics,lived there 2 years.. a stones throw away from cherry bar..and nice to see the midget guy in the not so busy boxing arena complex..the gate area is the freelnce zone.

• Like 1

Great contribution to the board. I went 2 years ago with wifey anf her sister and her dauther by car. Its a bit boring drive from BKK. I wil go again but probably fly.

Cant remember the hotel we stayed  in - The main visit was the Kings resort up on the mountain . really cool.fresh air, and some botanic garden at the outskirts of town quite impressive and very beautiful.

We ate at one of the restaurants by the river  - my only observations was that CM seems pricey at least where the tourists eat also. 

We did not get enought time to walk around centre of city and obviously I did not get to check out the night life proper.

Edited by Laid Back Larry

I spent 6 weeks in Chiang Mai in Oct/Nov just past.  Loved the city, great food and plenty to do.  I rented a motorbike, and highly recommend it. 

When I first got there, I was single, but by the time I left I was in a relationship, which had evolved slowly over my time there.  So I was freely taking advantage of the available entertainment options in the beginning and gradually shifted to massage shops, then into an exclusive relationship.

As for the scene.  Nothing like BKK or Pattaya.  Much smaller scale, on the whole, the quality looks wise isn't as high.  Mostly more experienced girls.  Most of the action is around Loi Kroh, lots of beer bars, even a beer bar complex.  There's a near by short time hotel, reasonable and clean enough.  Maybe even more massage shops than beer bars, and in every one, I was offered at the least a very nice slow bat and balls rub.

Another difference is the quantity of single western women tourist.  CM is a popular tourist stop.  It was a bit of a shock actually to see so many anglo women walking around.  Being a older retired guy, I was immediately reminded why I preferred Asian women over western.  Absolutely no eye contact.  Just like at home, I'm invisible once again.  Now on the other hand, if you're a young good looking sort, you could probably make a great holiday hooking up with the western females.  But then you could do that at home too, without the expense of the flight.

To answer your question, if you have a special lady I would not hesitate to take her along.  Lots to do.

Don't want to thread hijack here, so maybe I'd better start a TR soon.

Edited by Nomoopat
  • Like 2